Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Adam Aiken in Saturday's EDP

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="GMF"]I don''t know if I''m being blond, but I can''t find a link to Adam Aiken''s article on line. Assistance would be appreciated, as I''d like to read it for myself.[/quote]

Try buying the EDP I am sure Archant could do with the money[:D]

[/quote]

If you care to look at my location, you may notice that my local newsagent is unlikely to have the EDP on their shelves [:|]

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="GMF"]I don''t know if I''m being blond, but I can''t find a link to Adam Aiken''s article on line. Assistance would be appreciated, as I''d like to read it for myself.[/quote]

Try buying the EDP I am sure Archant could do with the money[:D]

[/quote]

If you care to look at my location, you may notice that my local newsagent is unlikely to have the EDP on their shelves [:|]

[/quote]

My apologies GMF did not think to check.

Try asking Pete to put it up.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Mods...any chance please, of a link to Adam''s column?  [/quote]

Bump, it would be appreciated for us non locals.

[quote user="GMF"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Mods...any chance please, of a link to Adam''s column?  [/quote]

Bump, it would be appreciated for us non locals.

[/quote]Ditto.

I''ve emailed Pete so hopefully when he has time he''ll put the link up for us all.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve emailed Pete so hopefully when he has time he''ll put the link up for us all.[/quote]

If it''s not on the EDP website he can hardly put up a link can he? Are you a blonde by any chance CA?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve emailed Pete so hopefully when he has time he''ll put the link up for us all.[/quote]

If it''s not on the EDP website he can hardly put up a link can he? Are you a blonde by any chance CA?

[/quote]Doh!!! Does that make me a blond too?

Nothing to stop them putting it on the EDP website now though?

Blimey, I''m ''loathed'' now. Incredible what saying what you think with some degree of evidence to back it up will get you isn''t it?Anyway, some of you seem interested in why I''m posting on here and not on the offy site so I''ll tell all shall I?There are a couple of reasons:1) I got fed up with the format and regular log-outs amongst other things.2) About a month ago someone purporting to be a friend of a friend started lurking on there. She had behaved in a rather stupid and childish manner towards me on Facebook on a previous occasion and I decided that although it''s possible she looks on here I didn''t want to knowingly be writing somewhere I knew she visited.Any more questions?

[quote user="LQ"]Blimey, I''m ''loathed'' now. Incredible what saying what you think with some degree of evidence to back it up will get you isn''t it?

Anyway, some of you seem interested in why I''m posting on here and not on the offy site so I''ll tell all shall I?

There are a couple of reasons:

1) I got fed up with the format and regular log-outs amongst other things.

2) About a month ago someone purporting to be a friend of a friend started lurking on there. She had behaved in a rather stupid and childish manner towards me on Facebook on a previous occasion and I decided that although it''s possible she looks on here I didn''t want to knowingly be writing somewhere I knew she visited.

Any more questions?

[/quote]

Hypocrite!

You slagged us off many times on the Offy site, you loathed us Pink Un users, and often said so![:|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Hypocrite!

[/quote]
[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]
[/quote]

The difference is I know what I am at times...........she doesn''t!

Any chance this thread can get back "on topic", rather than degenerate into personal attacks?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Hypocrite!

[/quote][img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img][/quote]

[/quote]Er, but by definition you can only be hypocritical if you know you''re being hypocritical!!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Hypocrite!

[/quote]
[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, but by definition you can only be hypocritical if you know you''re being hypocritical!!![/quote]

Wow................heavy.

I like this bit [:)]

''''But they ain''t getting mine. Not unless there is evidence of big changes at Carrow Road, anyway.

Looking at just a few examples of how money has been poured down the drain over the past few years is enough to raise the blood pressure.

For instance, how much did Antoine Sibierski cost us?

Is it true that we failed to insure Dejan Stefanovic against injury - and if so, how much did he cost us in wages last season despite barely playing for us? How much did the termination of Peter Grant''s and Glenn Roeder''s contracts cost us?

They can forget about any more donations from me until we''re told a) how much money has been wasted on acts of folly such as these; and, more importantly, b) what measures the directors have put in place to avoid any repeat in the future.

Give me one piece of evidence to suggest the mistakes that have been repeated ad nauseum won''t happen again, and I''ll think about sending my rebate money back to the club.''''

But but but...just for fun...The Board (as was - 6 months ago) admitted that Grant and Roeder were mistakes. Like it or not we have a Board who have always let the manager manage like 90% of clubs do. Very few football clubs have ''football experts'' on the Board. Whether this is a good thing or not is a decent question, if only it had been asked. Questioning the past (again and ad nauseum) is pointless. The Board admit errors in appointments. Appointments to which Dave Stringer was party. The respective managers made the footballing mistakes themselves and have paid the price.Answering the questions posed above though is unlikely as disclosing players wages, even ex-players, by the Board would be a huge error of judgement as perceived by the wider football community and what answer is there that could possibly satisfy to part ''b''? Ask yourself honestly what the Board (as it stands now) could say that you''d take at face value or, more importantly, believe.Also, if I understand what has been said previously Adam Aiken is happy to see Gunny managing the first team. If that is the case then surely he would want Bryan to stand the best possible chance in the transfer window? The best chance to avoid failure is with money in this game (unfortunately) so how is limiting the funds available to a manager you support for the team you support a good thing? If Gunny fails will the calls be that he was the wrong man all along or will they be that he wasn''t backed enough financially? If it''s the latter this surely is our chance as fans to do something about it before the whole cycle becomes yet another self-fulfilling prophesy.

Is is really beyond an Archant journalist to:1. Answer a question ("Is it true we failed to insure Dejan Stefanovic...") rather than witlessly just ask it?2. Spell "ad nauseam" correctly?

Ouch!If ''ad nauseum'' is wrong then I''m guilty of that too!Dammit...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
1. Answer a question ("Is it true we failed to insure Dejan Stefanovic...") rather than witlessly just ask it?

[/quote]

Well call me naive  but I read that to mean that yes we did fail to insure our highest weekly wage earner and left it to me as the reader to be astounded.   Some questions are best left floating in the air.

[quote user="o"]

Well call me naive  but I read that to mean that yes we did fail to insure our highest weekly wage earner and left it to me as the reader to be astounded.   Some questions are best left floating in the air.

[/quote]

Thats exactly what I thought too.

Unfortunately questions that are left hanging in the air develop a sense of truth, or at least urban myth style truth (which does it for many!) whether they are on the money or not.Proper questions and proper answers are always better in the long run.

[quote user="LQ"]Unfortunately questions that are left hanging in the air develop a sense of truth, or at least urban myth style truth (which does it for many!) whether they are on the money or not.Proper questions and proper answers are always better in the long run.

[/quote]Indeed, and if it really is true then it is what journalists call a story (unlike that Bosnich "story") and should have been done as such.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Is is really beyond an Archant journalist to:

1. Answer a question ("Is it true we failed to insure Dejan Stefanovic...") rather than witlessly just ask it?

[/quote]

Um - perhaps because he wants to know if it''s true or not? Isn''t that what a question is?

Meanwhile, is it really beyond a Pink Un poster to:

Answer a question ("Is it really beyond an Archant journalist...") rather than witlessly just ask it?

[quote user="LQ"]Unfortunately questions that are left hanging in the air develop a sense of truth, or at least urban myth style truth (which does it for many!) whether they are on the money or not.

Proper questions and proper answers are always better in the long run.

[/quote]

Let''s hope he gets an answer then. Somehow, I doubt there will be one.