Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

Rioch said....

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED05%20Jun%202009%2009%3A56%3A35%3A690

I say that despite the fact that they have been relegated. It was always going to be a difficult task to try to keep up, to survive because you''re taking on a team that''s losing games on a regular basis and has a losing mentality. The one ingredient missing was confidence and it''s not easy to regain it.

What about the missing:

Players

Manager

Investment

I get annoyed when I read articles by characters such as Rioch''s.

Players, proper management team and new board with investment were all missing over the past few seasons, so far this season also.

Is it ever going to change?

[:(]

I would actually not mind having Rioch back as manager, think given time he could do a good job for us.  Maybe that is why he is cosying up to the management!

[quote user="rjwc22"]I would actually not mind having Rioch back as manager, think given time he could do a good job for us.  Maybe that is why he is cosying up to the management![/quote]

If he tells the board ''all that is missing is confidence'' we dont need to spend money, he will be a shoe in.

I predict a riot

i don''t think you should really be annoyed.. he has a point. Also he probably mentioned the lack of funds and players but it wasn''t put into the article. In fact he mentions the issue with the players. The losing mentality of our players added with the fact that most of our players were loanees made the job of keeping Norwich up arguably the hardest in the league... harder still than Luton... at least the fans knew they were up against it... here there was hope... but it was unfounded with the squad we had, situation we were in financially and the losing mentality we had, not just in our relegation season, but also the two seasons before as well... We were far too easy to turn over, gave in too quickly. now we''re in league one i hope we sign some fighters, lads who won''t give in, players who never say never and will fight to the final whistle... these are the sort of players that will not keep hold of the losing mentality that Rioch (someone who is rightfully respected in the game) talks about.I thought it was a good article... Seeing what your ''name'' is I would have thought you would have seen it my way also... Then again it seems nowadays that most the people on here have the same gloom hanging over their posts. I actually think this relegation could be a good thing, a blessing in disguise.... the house needs to be put in order... youngsters need to be blooded and hopefully we will lose the players with the losing mentality... players who gave up far too quickly...

Rioch would ake a good boss in league one... he''s a hard bugger, a bit of a task master but he''s been there done that, grown older and mellowed. He''s managed at all levels and abroad (as now does his son). He lives in the area and is clearly a fan of the club. IF things went pear-shaped with Gunny next season, I would go as far as to say he would possibly be my first choice as manager. Others would include, Lambert - very impressed with him, plays decent football and speaks well in P/c''s and my other choice (cheap option... cough cough...) would be Malky Mackay... - I just think that he''s made to be the manager of Norwich City and that it''s only a matter of time until he is. But like i said, Bruce would be my number one choice.

I sincerely hope that we are about to witness the start of a new era for NCFC but I am at the moment still struggling to see how relegation is a good thing as not sure that our current position is any different after relegation.

[quote user="The Chirp"]i don''t think you should really be annoyed.. he has a point. Also he probably mentioned the lack of funds and players but it wasn''t put into the article.

In fact he mentions the issue with the players.

The losing mentality of our players added with the fact that most of our players were loanees made the job of keeping Norwich up arguably the hardest in the league... harder still than Luton... at least the fans knew they were up against it... here there was hope... but it was unfounded with the squad we had, situation we were in financially and the losing mentality we had, not just in our relegation season, but also the two seasons before as well... We were far too easy to turn over, gave in too quickly.

now we''re in league one i hope we sign some fighters, lads who won''t give in, players who never say never and will fight to the final whistle... these are the sort of players that will not keep hold of the losing mentality that Rioch (someone who is rightfully respected in the game) talks about.

I thought it was a good article... Seeing what your ''name'' is I would have thought you would have seen it my way also... Then again it seems nowadays that most the people on here have the same gloom hanging over their posts.

I actually think this relegation could be a good thing, a blessing in disguise.... the house needs to be put in order... youngsters need to be blooded and hopefully we will lose the players with the losing mentality... players who gave up far too quickly...
[/quote]

I am reasonable enough to give your view consideration and to reason on how it matches up to the harsh reality of the known facts, no problem.

After much consideration, I refer you to my earlier comment, here we are missing players, board / investment and proper management.

I am exercising my right to be gloomy til the situation changes.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]i don''t think you should really be annoyed.. he has a point. Also he probably mentioned the lack of funds and players but it wasn''t put into the article. In fact he mentions the issue with the players. The losing mentality of our players added with the fact that most of our players were loanees made the job of keeping Norwich up arguably the hardest in the league... harder still than Luton... at least the fans knew they were up against it... here there was hope... but it was unfounded with the squad we had, situation we were in financially and the losing mentality we had, not just in our relegation season, but also the two seasons before as well... We were far too easy to turn over, gave in too quickly. now we''re in league one i hope we sign some fighters, lads who won''t give in, players who never say never and will fight to the final whistle... these are the sort of players that will not keep hold of the losing mentality that Rioch (someone who is rightfully respected in the game) talks about.I thought it was a good article... Seeing what your ''name'' is I would have thought you would have seen it my way also... Then again it seems nowadays that most the people on here have the same gloom hanging over their posts. I actually think this relegation could be a good thing, a blessing in disguise.... the house needs to be put in order... youngsters need to be blooded and hopefully we will lose the players with the losing mentality... players who gave up far too quickly... [/quote]

I am reasonable enough to give your view consideration and to reason on how it matches up to the harsh reality of the known facts, no problem.

After much consideration, I refer you to my earlier comment, here we are missing players, board / investment and proper management.

I am exercising my right to be gloomy til the situation changes.

[/quote]fair enough! My only hope is... (and it will go if we sign the likes of Darren Byfield) we sign players like Nelson and Co... fighters... if the management don''t get these guys I will be worried... If we do get these players I am hoping they''ll have enough about them to make an impact next season no matter how good the management team are. We need the Nelson''s of this world to help move along our youngsters into first team football... we need to find the next 1m player to sell to make money... that''s how we used to work and it is how we need to work again... make the player, sell him, invest in talent and bring through the next youngster... It''s how the likes of boca juniors operate (to a totally different level i grant you... ) and what we need to get back to... It will mean we won''t need to spend as much, and also make us look more valuable to potential investors...

[quote user="rjwc22"]I sincerely hope that we are about to witness the start of a new era for NCFC but I am at the moment still struggling to see how relegation is a good thing as not sure that our current position is any different after relegation.[/quote]Relegation is never a good thing... however, Norwich need a kick up the backside, a real rude awakening... I think/hope that this relegation will do it for us. We need to have a team of young hungry warriors and these guys need to be from Norwich''s under belly... In the Championship it was going to be very hard to make the shift to having youngsters with old battlers but now in league one... hopefully they get a chance and a couple will hit the ground running. It''s an optimistic view, but if Norwich get the right mix it could really help them for years to come. Allen the Cheltenham manager made a good point on bbc sport yest when he mentioned clubs living beyond their means... Norwich can''t do this... neither can many other teams... so bringiing youth through has to be our future... We just have to hope we have a darren eadie, craig bellamy... hell even a darren kenton in the youth ranks to come through soon!

Bruce Rioch

said: “One of the aspects fans were unhappy with last season was that there

were so many loan players but I imagine that was a financial thing because
the budget wasn''t

there to bring in four or five new players on three-year contracts.
I totally agree with Bruce Rioch.
In Roeder’s defence – The

reason he brought so many loan players in was because I think that he didn’t

have enough money, because you only so much money for the player wage budget. You

may have £10,000 for a player wage budget, that budget isn’t enough to bring in

permanent players. Having said that Roeder shot himself in the foot by getting rid of so many players. He got rid of players like Brellier, Brown, Strihavka,
Murray, Shackell, Huckerby, we lost Dublin.

Bruce Rioch

said: “One of the aspects fans were unhappy with last season was that there

were so many loan players but I imagine that was a financial thing because
the budget wasn''t

there to bring in four or five new players on three-year contracts.
I totally agree with Bruce Rioch.
In Roeder’s defence – The

reason he brought so many loan players in was because I think that he didn’t

have enough money, because you only so much money for the player wage budget. You

may have £10,000 for a player wage budget, that budget isn’t enough to bring in

permanent players. Having said that Roeder shot himself in the foot by getting rid of so many players. He got rid of players like Brellier, Brown, Strihavka,
Murray, Shackell, Huckerby, we lost Dublin.

Gtting rid of the club leech that is Bryan Gunn should be top of the supporters agenda next season , more arrogant than Roeder the guy has to go .

Gunn('')s NO Legend... lol. get over it... it''s all you ever go on about! you are worse than wizard... you talk utter rubbish not half the time or even most the time... it''s all the time!

Bryan Gunns is all thats wrong with this club , Delias arselicker , a nastier man than Roeder ever was .I hope we lose every game untill the piece of filth is removed from this club .

I take it all back Gunns NO legend... the above is far worse than any rubbish you''ve put on here... I''m sure this messageboard didn''t always have such a high degree of morons on it?!

I''m no fan of Gunn as manager but the comments by Loan City really are out of order - completely unnecessary.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Bryan Gunns is all thats wrong with this club , Delias arselicker , a nastier man than Roeder ever was .I hope we lose every game untill the piece of filth is removed from this club .[/quote]You must have been very happy when he lost so many games we got relegated.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Bryan Gunns is all thats wrong with this club , Delias arselicker , a nastier man than Roeder ever was .I hope we lose every game untill the piece of filth is removed from this club .
[/quote]

If you think Gunn is the ONLY thing wrong with the club, then you haven''t been paying attention on or off the pitch for years.

How is he "nasty"?

How is he "a piece of filth"?

No, I didn''t want him as manager and I think it was the wrong appointment to make him so.[:#]

[quote user="rjwc22"]I would actually not mind having Rioch back as manager, think given time he could do a good job for us.  Maybe that is why he is cosying up to the management![/quote]

Eh?

[quote user="The Chirp"]Gunn('')s NO Legend... lol. get over it... it''s all you ever go on about! you are worse than wizard... you talk utter rubbish not half the time or even most the time... it''s all the time! [/quote]He''s a troll. A very boring and unimaginative one, but a troll nonetheless.Every time you reply to him he gets a warm tingly feeling down there.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="The Chirp"]Gunn('')s NO Legend... lol. get over it... it''s all you ever go on about! you are worse than wizard... you talk utter rubbish not half the time or even most the time... it''s all the time! [/quote]He''s a troll. A very boring and unimaginative one, but a troll nonetheless.Every time you reply to him he gets a warm tingly feeling down there. [/quote] And you two are a couple of poor Board apologists who take in every little crumb the club throws you .Truth of the matter is Gunn has been hanging around this club like it owes him a living for the last 20 years or more all because of his personal loss,  now he has landed the top job for no other reason than Smith thinks the fans will put up with whatever this man dishes out because of that loss he had (has any other team been relegated with such happy clappy fans before).Bryan Gunn is the club leech , time for him and his family to earn a living somewhere else.

People have very, very short memories.. Rioch was appointed and made it clear that he would have very little to spend.... he then whinged for his hole tenure he had no money to spend before leaving us in the lurch!

he''s a bully, pick up a copy of Ian Wrights book if you want an insight into Bruce Rioch....

and no... he''s been out of the english game for over a Decade.... we don''t want someone so out of touch as manager tank you!

first Bosnich who hasn''t played in 8 years! then Rioch who hasn''t managed in Longer!!!! whast Bobby charlton up to these days? we need a striker

jas :)

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="The Chirp"]Gunn('')s NO Legend... lol. get over it... it''s all you ever go on about! you are worse than wizard... you talk utter rubbish not half the time or even most the time... it''s all the time! [/quote]He''s a troll. A very boring and unimaginative one, but a troll nonetheless.Every time you reply to him he gets a warm tingly feeling down there. [/quote] And you two are a couple of poor Board apologists who take in every little crumb the club throws you [/quote]You really need to find a woman. Then you can stop w*nking over these boards.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]
  now he has landed the top job for no other reason than Smith thinks the fans will put up with whatever this man dishes out because of that loss he had (has any other team been relegated with such happy clappy fans before).Bryan Gunn is the club leech , time for him and his family to earn a living somewhere else.
[/quote]

answered your own question... heres some more for you...

1. Did Bryan Gunn make himself Norwich City manager to "Leech" off the club?

and

2. Why did the board appoint Bryan over perhaps more suitable candidates?

You can''t blame Gunny.. the CLUB has given him all these jobs... he hasnt done it himself has he? he is just an employee...

do you work ''Gunns NO legend''? how long have you been working for your company? been Promoted at all? if so that makes you a Leech doesnt it? sponging off one business because someone somehwere thinks you can do a job.. perhaps you should go and earn a living elsewhere... instead of sponging off some poor sods inheritence.

wake up to reality! idiot!

jas :)

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

What about the missing:

Players

Manager

Investment

I get annoyed when I read articles by characters such as Rioch''s.

Players, proper management team and new board with investment were all missing over the past few seasons, so far this season also.

Is it ever going to change?

[:(]

[/quote]Yeah its done wonders at QPR.Dont you think Rioch might know a bit more about it than you? It would be very easy for him to put the knife in as he''s have good reason after the way he was treated.He should still be our manager

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"] .Truth of the matter is Gunn has been hanging around this club like it owes him a living for the last 20 years or more all because of his personal loss,............Bryan Gunn is the club leech , time for him and his family to earn a living somewhere else.[/quote]Apart from the fact that makes no sense, you should be ashamed saying that. Love you to tell him to his face. Another hysterical keyboard coward

Yeah its done wonders at QPR.

Dont you think Rioch might know a bit more about it than you? It would be very easy for him to put the knife in as he''s have good reason after the way he was treated.

He should still be our manager

OK, given that he has so much knowledge and experience, the best he could come up with is ''the only thing missing is....'' ?

I refer you to my earlier comment!