Sign in to follow this  
delboycanary

Daryl Sutch

Just wanted to let everyone know that he returned from his holiday on the same flight as me. I was wearing my SJE shirt , I spotted him and chatted for 10 minutes before getting into his car, really nice bloke , he seemed certain that hucks will be joining us in November. I got the impression that a deal is already done. He agreed that a lot of rebuilding is required now.

[quote user="delboycanary"]

he seemed certain that hucks will be joining us in November. I got the impression that a deal is already done.

[/quote]

Never trust a used car salesman

He''s not now , he was telling me they went bust, I live in gloucestershire so cant comment . He was hoping to find out about a new job when he got back to norfolk

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]A young Daryl Sutch could walk into our present team.[/quote]

Agreed Matt. To be fair he could walk into our team now, but that says alot about the present side.

He always stood out as a struggler in the side especially towards the end of his career.

I personally blame him for our present plight. If he hadn''t of missed that penalty in the play off final we would have moved from strength to strength, looking forward to another year in the Premier League.[;)](only joking!)

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]A young Daryl Sutch could walk into our present team.[/quote]

Agreed Matt. To be fair he could walk into our team now, but that says alot about the present side.

He always stood out as a struggler in the side especially towards the end of his career.

I personally blame him for our present plight. If he hadn''t of missed that penalty in the play off final we would have moved from strength to strength, looking forward to another year in the Premier League.[;)](only joking!)

[/quote]If you are honest if you look at the players we have had in that position since he left how many have been as good as or better than him?I would  say that only two were consistantly better all-round than Sutch - Edworthy and Nedergaard.I know people will throw Kenton in there and Helveg but neither of them really proved themselves as consistantly as him and Kenton always considered himself a centre back anyway.As for the play off final - whilst I wish we had been promoted that would have been like putting the club as it is now straight into the premiership. We would still not have had the money to invest the amount of money needed to keep us there - we would have had to stick with some pretty shocking players in our squad who would never have been up to it. In some ways it would have been better to have been promoted the following season although that would change the space time contiueum which means that we probably would never have had Huckerby come here . . . . .

[quote user="delboycanary"]

Just wanted to let everyone know that he returned from his holiday on the same flight as me. I was wearing my SJE shirt , I spotted him and chatted for 10 minutes before getting into his car, really nice bloke , he seemed certain that hucks will be joining us in November. I got the impression that a deal is already done. He agreed that a lot of rebuilding is required now.

[/quote]

It''s a wonder he didn''t miss the plane.......

Useless knob.

I blame him too, had he of not lost the brum lad he was sposed to be marking in the play off final we would have established ourselves in the prem by now. Daryl you are the weakest link... Goodbye!!

Still if only Iwen had scored two minutes earlyier!!!!!!!

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="delboycanary"]

[/quote]

Useless knob.

[/quote]That description applies to you more than it ever will to Sutch.You evidently know very little about this club or football in general.Cluck...shamelessly proving his ignorance since 2006.

wasn''t the best player in the world but made a big contribution for 10 years, wouldn''t have played in a successful side domestically and in europe as well as England U21a if he was really that bad

still blaming him after all this time get a life, good player but stayed at the club too long

[/quote]

if we''d got promioted in the playoff season we''d of been well and Truly Wee''d on! No Huckerby

the likes of Neilsen, Libbra, Rivers, McVeigh, Rusell in the team.... we''d of been worse than Swindon!

Perhaps we should thank Sutchy for missing the penalty.. 2 years later we went up stronger, as CHAMPIONS, and gave ourselves a fighting chance.

jas :)

He was very promising in the early nineties, good member of the 92/93 side, scored a few vital goals that season too. To be fair though he did become an absolute liability as a full back in the championship, remember a game v Crewe where their wingers were virtually fighting each other to go round him, stayed with the club way to long at a level he was no longer good enough to play at and it soured the memory of the useful player he once was.

Nice bloke, however he was a crap player and couldn''t take a penalty for fudge[:@]

[/quote]

Sutch was extremely limited but in his latter years did a solid steady job for us at Right back!

I knew that when he us he wouldn''t last long in pro football but to say he was crap is overlyharsh although your right he was crap at penalties but at least he had the balls to step up to the plate and have a go when others more capble didn''t!

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="delboycanary"]

[/quote]

Useless knob.

[/quote]

He spoke very highly of you Cluck, so I am told. [;)]

[quote user="delboycanary"]He''s not now , he was telling me they went bust, I live in gloucestershire so cant comment . He was hoping to find out about a new job when he got back to norfolk[/quote]Since when have Lind gone bust?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="delboycanary"]He''s not now , he was telling me they went bust, I live in gloucestershire so cant comment . He was hoping to find out about a new job when he got back to norfolk[/quote]

Since when have Lind gone bust?

[/quote]

they haven''t.. either Delboycanary is fibbing or someones told Sutch that he no longer has a job there due to financial problems.

http://www.lindapproved.co.uk/ still going strong it seems.

i saw Sutchy in the DVLA office on Prince of wales road once.. had arm fulls of car details i expect he was dropping them off for Lind.

jas :)