Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

reserve games

so norwich are now back in reserve games .

why on earth was this stopped to start with ?

surely this is a good idea for the return of injured players and players who are not up to scratch .

so whos bright idea was it to scrap reserve team games anyway and what bright idea did someone gain by pulling out of  reserve fixtures.

i bet i can guess who , i dont know why though ?

can delia afford the fuel for travel for first team players and reseves .

we cant actually field a full first team of our own players or are we going to see many players heading to carrow road .

i cant see it .

thoughts?

We all know who''s decision it was, it''s been discussed to death. We''re back in the reserve league next year, let''s move on.

Looking forward to going to a few Ressie games next season!

"why on earth was this stopped to start with ?"Roeder stopped it although to be honest it wasn''t for bad reasons. Although it does offer regular games to players coming back from injury and needing match practice, or to players that are in the squad but need to keep their fitness up or simply to bring through some youth it does also have its flaws.Firstly most of the opposition is pretty useless. There are some good teams and some bad teams in their that don''t really provide much of a test for our players. It has been blamed for the reason why some of our youngsters struggle to come through properly and why some players can remain off the pace when not in the matchday line ups regularily.Roeder''s idea failed in the end though because he thought we would be able to arrange enough friendlies of a higher quality to make up for the lack of the reserve team matches. It is still an ongoing issue and it probably will be until the FA sort out a better system for the reserve teams.

[quote user="singing canary"]im worried we wont have much of a first team let alone reserves ![/quote]Youth players that are too old to play youth games are important to getting games in reserves.Our reserve keeper (whoever that may be), Renton to name a few.

Doesn''t matter, it''s still practice. You learn something from every game you play, and it toughens and roughens our kids up.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="chicken"]Firstly most of the opposition is pretty useless. [/quote]

were not much better!

[/quote]Well ok - but we were in the past . . . .

pleased the games are set to go ahead.

It would , however be better if the main city stand were open not the jarrold stand. You feel closer to the action and can hear instructions etc.

Would try the Barclay but it has lots of kids chanting (no offence).

Reserve team football is the only half decent football either Steer or Rudd is going to get.. the 2nd choice keeper needs match practice to keep sharp and this is the only way he''s going to get it regularly.

jas :)