Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Chris Martin?

Could be a good players for us this year, another year wiser and had a good season at Luton.

Who knows. Haven''t seen much of him at Luton - very little in fact (about 2 televised games i think). It would be unfair to judge him on that. He''s scored a few goals - we must remember its League Two - although thats not too far from us now. I think Spillane might be a better prospect than him however, but we''ll soon see.

Can be a big player for us next season, could be useless. He''s got a lot to prove, I just how he does.

Can be a big player for us next season, could be useless. He''s got a lot to prove, I just hope he does.

As with any o fthe squad players its about their mental approach.   Martin burst onto the scene too hard too soon and his ego expanded.  Spillane was also guilty of believing the hype he was given.  Both suffered with contracts that meant their minds appeared to focus on the material world rather than their ability.   In Maartin this led to an arrogance beyond his ability and Spillane an over zealous approach to the game that looked energetic but ended up reminding me of a 7 yo following the ball around the midfield.

If both have learnt from their season at Luton then that can continue that development this season in the relatively similar league one.   For me they remain players with some potential but likely to squander it unless the apply themselves    

[quote user="I am a Banana"]is he any quicker than when we last saw him??[/quote]Speed isn''t everything. Look at Bergkamp.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="I am a Banana"]is he any quicker than when we last saw him??[/quote]

Speed isn''t everything. Look at Bergkamp.
[/quote]

Yyyyyyyyyyeah.

One of the most innately gifted and hard-training players ever to play the game, compared to a fat chav from Beccles with an ego the size of a small planet.

Sending these two on loan was one of the few good things Roeder did.Spillane will be right back i think and Martin could be a massive this year.