Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

OT - IE 8 and this Forum

Noticed quite a few weird looking posts recently which seem to coincide with a recent Windows update for IE 8. To display your posts correctly in IE 8 you need to use "compatibility mode" - either set it in the "tools" drop down menu or select it by clicking the "broken page" icon to the right of the address bar.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Noticed quite a few weird looking posts recently which seem to coincide with a recent Windows update for IE 8. To display your posts correctly in IE 8 you need to use "compatibility mode" - either set it in the "tools" drop down menu or select it by clicking the "broken page" icon to the right of the address bar.[/quote]

I didn''t realise I had done that many posts....

Ooooh - get you and your posh words [;)]Any words of advice for not being able to post links using Firefox on a Mac? IE is so last century...

[quote user="LQ"]Ooooh - get you and your posh words [;)]Any words of advice for not being able to post links using Firefox on a Mac? IE is so last century...

[/quote]What do you mean?if you simply enter http://www.google.co.uk it does not become a link. But there is a globe with chain icon along the top of the message input box. Highlight the text you want, such as this, click that globe and enter the link [:)]

I''ve tried that Hogesar and it doesn''t work for me [:(]btw, the ''posh words'' thing was directed at the OP. Sorry!

[quote user="LQ"]Ooooh - get you and your posh words [;)]

Any words of advice for not being able to post links using Firefox on a Mac? IE is so last century...

[/quote]

How twee.

Are you sure they''re environmentally sound, socially responsible, gender neutral and fair trade certifiable - in comparison with our motley assorted non-mac pcs and IE, of course?

OTBC

[quote user="LQ"]I''ve tried that Hogesar and it doesn''t work for me [:(]btw, the ''posh words'' thing was directed at the OP. Sorry![/quote]Not on a Mac but...If you put [ url] and [ /url] around what you want to make into a link (removing the space next to the brackets) that should do the trick.

Any words of advice for not being able to post links using Firefox on a Mac? IE is so last century...

[/quote]

Nope, no help for minorities around here [;)] .

have you tried clicking on the comapatibility  tool  on top of the page ?(the torn peice of paper)  i had similar problems until i did that [:D]

oops you  said that in your original post that`ll teach me to read things all the way through  ..please don`t all be nasty to me cos i made a mistake  [:''(]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="LQ"]Ooooh - get you and your posh words [;)]Any words of advice for not being able to post links using Firefox on a Mac? IE is so last century...

[/quote]

Nope, no help for minorities around here [;)] .

[/quote]Same old, same old...[:P][url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jun/08/setanta-football-premiership-premier-league[/url]Just trying that code from Graham Humphries - if it works ''ta'', if it doesn''t I''m no worse off!

[/quote]Get rid of your Mac [:)]

[/quote]

IE works brilliantly for me LQ, sorry it just does.........so.............[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rasp.gif[/img]