Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Makes Roeder look like a pussycat

Wow, that was an intense interview. He''s confident that''s for sure. Remains to be seen whether he might ruffle just a few too many feathers.

[quote user="LQ"]He''s not taking any prisoners is he?

[:S]

[/quote]

Quite, here''s hoping he doesn''t get Heggs on his face....

Came accross as a proper tit to me, I wouldnt want to play for someone like that.

Blimey...

The 38-year-old rookie boss confirmed he had no plans to retain any of last season''s senior squad.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="LQ"]He''s not taking any prisoners is he?[:S]

[/quote]

Quite, here''s hoping he doesn''t get Heggs on his face....

[/quote]Boom tish!I''ll set ''em up...

Oh my God!  He''s either going to be a huge hit or an absolute disaster.  Seems too similar to Roeder for my liking.

In fairness Lynn had too many overpaid, lazy players just along for the ride last season.  Paying under performing ex pro''s like Joachim over £1000 a week was a calculated gamble that failed miserably.  Webb was a dubious tactician and a poor motivator of his players. He wasn''t exactly the most charismatic person in the world either. I can see no other option but to clear out the dead wood and start afresh with young, (hopefully) enthusiastic players.  The unibond wont be easy, Boston showed that when they struggled last season.  It''s good to see Chinn back on board too, hopefully he might be able to inject some more funds to help Lynn push for the play offs next season...

OMG......... that is one of the greatest videos ever.

He is exactly the guy KL needs after the disappointment of relegation.

The guy is a ball of fire. He is trying to fire up the players/club and fans.

I love the guys honesty........ did he say anything that wasn''t true!

To be honest we need someone like that at Norwich, the board is totally dour and Gunn is a bit too reserved.

The man might be someone like Hucks who can talk to the fans without bull s--ting them.

The fans need to be told some home truths.

We can either cry in the corner or accept the position we are in an come out fighting with some pride.

I like Carl Heggs style.

Tough person, he talks the talk, can he walk the walk thou?

He was very GR like, square peg and round holes, passion etc, not sure the personal attacks on 3 of the players will help, said one looked like a tree trunk, but if they are shiite and unfit, then he has a right to get rid of him. Good luck to him.

Sounds like a right muppet to me, also a bit of a hypocrit.

Makes himself sound like a football genius, that stuff about Bentleys and Models was ridiculous. Whoopie one of his loanees has signed for Kettering, hardly discovered the next Frank Lampard, and considering the bloke was already playing for Leicester Reserves...... he hardly developed that player did he? Taking claim for the player just because he played 18 games playing for Redditch when he was assistant manager?

The thing is that he was a striker and scored 50 goals in 310 games for clubs like Forest Green Rovers and Tamworth before retiring just two years ago, he was no better than any of the players that he is releasing and has no actual formal managerial experience.

For me he comes across as an arrogant know it all who thinks he has taken the Chelsea job, exactly the type of bloke that would get on perfectly with Glen Roeder.

I shall look forward to watching some games over at Kings Lynn, really enjoyed the last one I went to.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

He was very GR like, square peg and round holes, passion etc, not sure the personal attacks on 3 of the players will help, said one looked like a tree trunk.

[/quote]

Very odd considering the "oak tree" was Mark Peters who only the other day said "Hopefully I can have a chat with him later this week to see what his thoughts are. I''m sure I can offer something in an assistant/player role."

And judging by his Bombay mix/EastEnders line Heggs is going to be good for a quote or two this season.

What a bellend. Makes me feel grateful to have Bryan Gunn fuck me. Why the hell are they gonna train occasionally in Leicester anyway? So this arrogant loser can be closer to his hometown? I''m usually all for wanting the local teams to do well but I''d love to see his King''s Lynn fail next season.

“People can talk about sleeping giants but for me that is a convenient

excuse. I look at King''s Lynn and they have under-achieved so I see it

as great challenge. Let others talk about potential - that is just an

excuse I don''t waste my time on that.”Anyone who thinks Kings Lynn is a sleeping giant needs their head tested.  It''s more like a comatose dwarf.

He talks a good fight, I hope it works out for him.

Isn''t it funny how so many player hang around the area after playing. On a personal note - why, oh why, did I ever leave ?

Tip for Archant.Please deinterlace your videos before uploading them as pc monitors are progressive scan and this stops the horizontal line breakup each time theres any lateral movement in the picture.

[quote user="pennywise "]andy johnson must be one of the most handsome men in football, i bet he`s had some beaver down the years  [:D][/quote]

He also appears to be stuck in the 1970s (hair included). Anyone wonder why the English struggle so much when producing clever technical players? Read this:

“They come and pay hard earned money and you know what they want - it''s not someone plucking a ball out of the air and flicking it around the corner, it''s sliding in for a ball or going through someone with a tackle or a header. They want to see desire and passion.”

Whadda pillock.

Well, Heggs seems to be putting his money where his mouth by signing several players since his appointment last week.  His latest capture is Gareth Sheldon from Conference North champions Tamworth, he knocked in 23 for them last season and is an extremely good striker at this level.

Although Heggs does come across as a bit of a knob, at least he appears to be focused, passionate and proactive.  Qualities that seem to be severely lacking from the management team at Carrow Road...

Well, with his kinda attitude he''ll either succeed and be seen as a passionate, proactive manager. Or, he''ll crash and burn, and look like an absolute pillock.

Is this guy on drugs? Seemed a bit twitchy and agressive and couldn''t sit still. He''s a chump that never made it and is going to live his failed football career through Kings Lynn.