Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

your match day.....

i have always wondered what other fans do on match days whether every else like me does the same routine every home game?????

my normal routine is soccer am with a bacon roll or 3, in the city to meet some mates about 12.30, 3 or 4 pubs and quite a few pints then down the ground about 2.50pm to get my bet on and another quick pint!!

Mine always involves the hair of the dog, in the pub bout midday, several pints later i''m startin to feel normal again, have some grub and a few more then head to the ground either home or away for an overpriced last bevvy, always get to the bar a few minutes before half time so i can fit 2 pints in then after the game off for more cider either to celebrate or drown my sorrows. i am a weekend binger and proud of it!

Well I don''t have much of one because I need to get from London to Norwich.

Need to get down to Liverpool Street for about 12:30. Take the 2 hour trip to the city while reading a national newspaper and enjoying and sandwich with a light soft drink.

May not have much time pre match. May grab something further to eat and maybe a drink. Nothing that interested.

I do also listen to Radio Norfolk from after 2pm to get team news and that great interview with Neil Doncaster(I will miss that!).

Leave the house at 1.30

pop in to morrisions to get my lucky polos [:)]

then go to the ground at about 2pm and watch the players warm up!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Leave the house at 1.30

[/quote]Can you try a different mint based confectionery product next season?I don''t think the Polos work...[:(]

[quote user="missing in action?"]leave the house at 11.50 after watching most of soccer am.
get to pub at about 12.30, have a few pints then leave for ground 15mins before kick off.

DRUNK??

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Leave the house at 1.30

[/quote]

Can you try a different mint based confectionery product next season?

I don''t think the Polos work...

[:(]

[/quote]

HOW ABOUT SPEARMINT INSTEAD OF POLO ORIGINAL???[:D]

Get up and just make it to Liverpool St. in time for the 11:00am to Norwich with around another 40-50 Capital Canaries. 

Have a few beers on the train, then a few more around Riverside normally meeting up with friends and family who live back "home".

Head into the ground about 2:50pm with a quick detour to buy a pasty.

Watch all the game, sometimes a trip to the loo at halftime depending on the amount of pre-match beer!

Pop into Squares for a quick post match beer before catching the 6:00pm train back to London.

More often than not, it''s then to The George for a few pints of Bitburger.

If Mrs Babyface is walking to the ground with me I leave around 2:45, otherwise I head out at around 12 for a few in the Coach & Horses or the Horse & Dray depending on which of my mates are about.Normally get to my seat during the ''On the Ball City'' thing.  All together now...the Jarrold stand, the N & P, the family enclosure, the Barclay and of course the snakepit, 3...2...1....yawn.

Wake up, get the wife to clean the pipes out, have some food, clean my teeth, have a shower, select clothing, put on selected clothing, watch tele, do some odd jobs, by a paper, read the paper, get on the internet, place a bet, make lunch, eat lunch, leave the house, have a beer and watch the football

Leave home at 2.00. Park up at Mousehold and arrive at the ground at 2.40. Buy an Evening News goody bag outside the River End. Read the paper pre match. Eat the contents of the aforementioned bag during a tiersome first half. Stand at the back of the Riverend at half time - enjoy cup of tea from my flaske (i have a policy of buying nothing from the club as it''s over priced). Listen to Canary Call (my son is often a contributor). Get home - look at teletext match reports. Watch Live Satanta game (brief dialogue with wife at half time). Moody evening (due to result).

09:00 get up, 10:00 Eat Breakfast, 11:30 think of going to the pub, 11:55, walk to the pub, 12:00 arrive at the pub, 12:02 Drink first pint whilst reading EDP, 12:03 - 14:30 see 12:02, 14:45 Arrive at game, 14:46 Drink pint of generic cooking lager, 15:00 - 16:50 Watch game, 17:05 Arrive back at pub, 17:06 - till late drink much beer.  Job done.

pick up my old mate  about 1 45 pm 20 mile drive to Norwich hes already on the vino me sober as a judge  get to park up at Europa way about 2 20 pm , watching for the gestapo to give me a ticket if im 1 inch over the yellow line  listen to radio norfolk for team news my old mate says must get to  the ground before kick off need a pint ,me still stone wall sober take my seat about  2 55 pm shake hands with the die hards around me . settle down not to critise anybody 5 mins in johnny no brains f----s up i say something  drunken twat behind  calls me a racist  fisty cuffs he gets ejected (result)game goes on what ever result get back to car about 5 mate gets back listens to radio norfolk . from the phone in hes obviously seen a different game to me , the moral of the story is only watch city when your piszed

[quote user="AndyJR"]09:00 get up, 10:00 Eat Breakfast, 11:30 think of going to the pub, 11:55, walk to the pub, 12:00 arrive at the pub, 12:02 Drink first pint whilst reading EDP, 12:03 - 14:30 see 12:02, 14:45 Arrive at game, 14:46 Drink pint of generic cooking lager, 15:00 - 16:50 Watch game, 17:05 Arrive back at pub, 17:06 - till late drink much beer.  Job done.

[/quote]

quality!!

Nothing particularly exciting. We get into the city for about 12, get some KFC since its clearly the best fast food offering to be found, do some generic walking about from place to place, considering how the game''s gonna turn out. Get to Carrow Road at 2 ish, watch the match, go home. Then the mood over the next few days will be altered according to the result.

[quote user="canarytom"]Wake up, get the wife to clean the pipes out, have some food, clean my teeth, have a shower, select clothing, put on selected clothing, watch tele, do some odd jobs, by a paper, read the paper, get on the internet, place a bet, make lunch, eat lunch, leave the house, have a beer and watch the football[/quote]You''re married to a plumber?

I have it remarkably easy at the moment.  For the last 2 years:2:45 leave house, smoke cigarette on walk to ground2:50 arrive at ground2:53 take seat, cringe at PA announcer2:56 sing "On the ball City" regardless of PA announcer3:00 Optimism starts to fade3:45 Discuss why we''re so sh*te with the rest of Barclay upper row K3:52 Watch the crossbar challenge so at least I get to see a few shots on target4:00 Delusional optimism resumes4:20 Realise the game''s up4:21 Start counting the away fans4:30 Cringe when Chav Pit start chorus of "what''s it like to see a crowd?" when we''re 2-0 down and we have nothing to cheer about4:45 Leave during injury time convinced it will be a "Fever Pitch" moment and City will score as soon as  I leave4:48 hear booing from ground as I walk across the railway bridge and realise they haven''t done it.4:58 Annoy wife by changing channel to see Jeff Stelling''s smiling face of doom telling me we''re in the bottom 3 again.5:00 Was - go to Rosary.  It''s shut again.  Need a new post-match local.

People actually watch ''SoccerAM''. FFS :laugh:

Home match for me ?

Leave the house at 08:30, drive to Norwich on the way I have one stop at the services for a coffee.

Arrive at Norwich at anything between 11:35 (quickest) and 14:45 (slowest) Grab a bite to eat. No alcohol for me, as I''m driving.

Watch the match.

Drive back to Swindon. Listening to the footy phone in''s on the radio.

I''m usually back just in time for Match of the Day so I flop into my chair and have a quiet, satisfying pint / drown my sorrows. 

Wake Up at about 9-ish, have a shower, have a shave, get dressed, eat my breakfast, have a cuppa, brush teeth, watch Soccer Am for a bit, meet Gary and Ryan in their car at the end of my road at around half 11. Go to the California Tavern, meet Mark, Steve, Gina and Steph there, have a hot meal and a drink, play a bit of pool and go on the pub machines and hopefully win some money(Won a fiver a while ago!) Say goodbye to Mark, Steve, Steph and Gina. Drive to Norwich, park near that Chinese place near the Mustard Pot, might pop in for a drink if we''ve got time, head down to ground, by programme and Evening News ''''Goodie Bag''''. Pop in to Yellows for a while and speak to Peter and Stanley, might buy a Golden Goal if I have a quid spare. Hang around for a bit go to the club shop and maybe JJB if time. Find my seat, read programme, talk to Mark and John wait for game to start. Eat my Cadburys choc bar, give a bit to the old boy next to me, Gary and Ryan, same goes with the Crisps. Watch game, hopefully celebrate goal or two if not laugh it off. Half time wait for the scores to come in and watch the crossbar challenge read programme and paper if I didn''t have time before, have a drink. Second half, hopefully get a result, full time, wait for man of the match to be announced clap/boo the descision leave ground. If there''s a camera around say something funny whilst frantically waving my scarf like a loony. Drive home, get laughed at by my Everton supporting family, have a cuppa and maybe a sandwhich if I''m hungry watch MOTD go to bed.

That took a while!

Up nice and early, bit of brekkie, cup of tea!! bit of soccer am, make my way to pub, few beers later get into ground, normally about 2-15, decide to drink more expensive lager in the ground!! make my way up the snake pit!! start calling the ref a cheating ****!! more beer at half time, leave the ground start to watch the home fans fight amongst them selves after another loss!! after game more beer, get home try and be sober as missus puts dinner or take away on the table!! forget everything she has told me buy sunday morning!!

[quote user="MCWILL"]

Wake Up at about 9-ish, have a shower, have a shave, get dressed, eat my breakfast, have a cuppa, brush teeth, watch Soccer Am for a bit, meet Gary and Ryan in their car at the end of my road at around half 11. Go to the California Tavern, meet Mark, Steve, Gina and Steph there, have a hot meal and a drink, play a bit of pool and go on the pub machines and hopefully win some money(Won a fiver a while ago!) Say goodbye to Mark, Steve, Steph and Gina. Drive to Norwich, park near that Chinese place near the Mustard Pot, might pop in for a drink if we''ve got time, head down to ground, by programme and Evening News ''''Goodie Bag''''. Pop in to Yellows for a while and speak to Peter and Stanley, might buy a Golden Goal if I have a quid spare. Hang around for a bit go to the club shop and maybe JJB if time. Find my seat, read programme, talk to Mark and John wait for game to start. Eat my Cadburys choc bar, give a bit to the old boy next to me, Gary and Ryan, same goes with the Crisps. Watch game, hopefully celebrate goal or two if not laugh it off. Half time wait for the scores to come in and watch the crossbar challenge read programme and paper if I didn''t have time before, have a drink. Second half, hopefully get a result, full time, wait for man of the match to be announced clap/boo the descision leave ground. If there''s a camera around say something funny whilst frantically waving my scarf like a loony. Drive home, get laughed at by my Everton supporting family, have a cuppa and maybe a sandwhich if I''m hungry watch MOTD go to bed.

That took a while!

[/quote]

I do exactly the same ( hi will, peter said hi when i saw him the other day!!!)

[quote user="yellow chicken"][quote user="MCWILL"]

Say hi to him back for me! How is Peter?

That took a while!

[/quote]

I do exactly the same ( hi will, peter said hi when i saw him the other day!!!)

[/quote]

1230 - Leave house with two mates (we share the driving)

1300 - Arrive at Gunn Club

1300-1445 - Eat, drink (Woodfordes Wherry or whatever other Woodfordes is on offer), put up with Goss''s cringeworthy pre-match celeb interview (usually some ex-City has been or someone we''ve never heard of) and glare a lot at Delia.