Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

What's REALLY worrying me....

Is that less than a month prior to pre-season training, we don''t appear to have a transfer budget in place.

I appreciate board room reshuffles means that allocating a precise transfer fund will be difficult, but equally so our board should be looking to release as much cash as possible to Gunny so he can get started. At the very least, the money made from David Marshall should be burning a hole in his pocket, giving him something to work with.  

He will have an idea of how much he has to spend (even if it is nothing). Think all the talk about not knowing what it is means he has been told will get any money from player sales and possible investment.

He will know that he has at least x.  What he won''t know is how far towards y that x will stretch.  I guess that makes cherry on the cake signings trickier, but that shouldn''t be a reason to get a decent spine of a team in place early. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Is that less than a month prior to pre-season training, we don''t appear to have a transfer budget in place.

[/quote]

LOL, you''re kidding me right? LOL

Scunthorpe now after Nelson from Hartlepool. So with Woodwards signing for MK dons and Llera in talks with Charlton, thats 3 of our transfer targets going elsewhere!

I''m so not shocked at this, it''s very NCFC style.  We will hear the same old spin out of CR, and go with what we''ve got with one or two loans.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]he will have to sell to get money!![/quote]

Well that''s £6.50 towards a  new donkey then........

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''m so not shocked at this, it''s very NCFC style.  We will hear the same old spin out of CR, and go with what we''ve got with one or two loans.[/quote]

Very true. I think most of the speculation comes from Archant making educated guesses rather than any rumblings from Carrow Road anyway. That and people seeing Player X in a supermarket/filling up their car with petrol/in the Adam and Eve/at the club shop etc

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''m so not shocked at this, it''s very NCFC style.  We will hear the same old spin out of CR, and go with what we''ve got with one or two loans.[/quote]

Very true. I think most of the speculation comes from Archant making educated guesses rather than any rumblings from Carrow Road anyway. That and people seeing Player X in a supermarket/filling up their car with petrol/in the Adam and Eve/at the club shop etc

[/quote]

Exactly, all gets on my pips a little lol

No point in the club saying how much money they have for players. It tells other clubs.

If other clubs do not want the players we want then are theey worth having?

This telling other clubs nonsense is getting on my wick. Any club run properly with a good transfer negotiator will pay what a player is worth - not pay how much they have in the bank!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"] Any club run properly with a good transfer negotiator will pay what a player is worth - not pay how much they have in the bank![/quote]LOL - How can you pay more than you have. Anyway, much to the delight of most people on here we just lost our negotiator, remember?

@ |BA

Who said anything about paying more than you have????? What I am saying is that if you have £1m in the bank and the other team knows that, you should still not pay more than the player is worth! e.g. £500k.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

@ |BA

Who said anything about paying more than you have????? What I am saying is that if you have £1m in the bank and the other team knows that, you should still not pay more than the player is worth! e.g. £500k.

[/quote]My apologies mon ami, I completely misread your point and agree with you 100%. Many will argue however that this was Roeders downfall, he was also adamant that the club should not be held to ransom (Taylor for one) and look at the stupid fans reaction to that saga.And yes, we lost Doncaster, who in spite of the bandwagon ignorant assumptions, was a fantastic negotiator. Whoever comes in will never work as hard for the club as he did, that I assure you. We never paid a loan fee for a single player last season and in most cases only a pecentage of the wages. That was Doncasters doing. As was getting Evans here the season before, it would never have happened without Doncaster.