Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Losing out again.......

On our transfer targets. Both these players would of been free! Woodwards from crewe has now signed for the MK dons and now Llera is in talks with Charlton.

How many times does this happen to us? We take our time over signing players and we lose them to other teams in the same division. Wake up Gunn! We only have half a bloody team!!

This just really annoys me, because they wouldn''t of cost the club a penny in transfer fee''s. Both highly rated players. I can only guess Mk dons and Charlton offered better wages?

And now i''ve just seen this:

Scunthorpe United are reported to have entered the race to sign Hartlepool United defender Michael Nelson

Championship club or League 1 club? Not a hard choice is it?

[quote user="colneycanary"]And now i''ve just seen this: Scunthorpe United are reported to have entered the race to sign Hartlepool United defender Michael Nelson Championship club or League 1 club? Not a hard choice is it?[/quote]Or that we are looking at championship quality players! [:^)]

Gunn will come out complaining in a few weeks saying we can''t afford this player and can''t afford that player! Well Mr Gunn, Woodwards, Llera and Nelson were bloody FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ncfclad"]its all becoming too predictable. We will end up with Byfield, its so obvious.[/quote]

Or go with what we''ve got, or haven''t got as the case may be

[quote user="ncfclad"]its all becoming too predictable.

We will end up with Byfield, its so obvious.[/quote]

We probably will end of with Byfield. But were will all the goals come from?? Not Byfield or Cureton. Both have crap recent scoring records!

3 good players gone, bad times.

Once again the fans are being let down by the club.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Gunn will come out complaining in a few weeks saying we can''t afford this player and can''t afford that player! Well Mr Gunn, Woodwards, Llera and Nelson were bloody FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

The thing is that they are not FREE. They still have wages to be paid which is costing the club. obviously we cannot compete with other clubs for players wages becuase we do not have enough money and that doesn''t make it Gunn''s fault.

Also worth remembering is that any player who is ''free'' or who has a get-out clause in his contract meaning he apparently leaves for very little (Hoolahan for example) will demand a signing on fee that''s comparable to what his worth is deemed to be.Just like lunches, there''s no such thing as a free footballer!

[quote user="lynn canary"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Gunn will come out complaining in a few weeks saying we can''t afford this player and can''t afford that player! Well Mr Gunn, Woodwards, Llera and Nelson were bloody FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

The thing is that they are not FREE. They still have wages to be paid which is costing the club. obviously we cannot compete with other clubs for players wages becuase we do not have enough money and that doesn''t make it Gunn''s fault.

[/quote]

It is Gunns fault he got us relegated!

[quote user="lynn canary"]

[/quote] Couldn''t agree more.  Liverpool still haven''t signed anyone yet too.

[quote user="LQ"]Also worth remembering is that any player who is ''free'' or who has a get-out clause in his contract meaning he apparently leaves for very little (Hoolahan for example) will demand a signing on fee that''s comparable to what his worth is deemed to be.Just like lunches, there''s no such thing as a free footballer!

[/quote] So if we cannot afford the ones that come without a fee it follows we cannot afford the ones with a price on their head , so where will we be recruiting our players from ? the local pubs .

[quote user="colneycanary"]Well Mr Gunn, Woodwards, Llera and Nelson were bloody FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]And crap.

Crikey!!! There''s some dumb dumb''s on here tonight!! I know players need paying wages. When i said free, i meant free transfer, so we don''t have to pay a transfer fee! Have you got it now?  As we don''t have hardly any money, free transfers is the way we have to go. Gunn has already said we need quite a few players because we have such a small squad right now.

Well, remember we are an attractive club with a 25,000 fans each week. So someone on the board said.

We might not of been interested in woodards,just have patience people and the other two haven''t gone anywhere yet,if we haven''t signed anyone this time next month then panic.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Crikey!!! There''s some dumb dumb''s on here tonight!! I know players need paying wages. When i said free, i meant free transfer, so we don''t have to pay a transfer fee! Have you got it now?  As we don''t have hardly any money, free transfers is the way we have to go. Gunn has already said we need quite a few players because we have such a small squad right now. [/quote]

You said it!! The fact they are on a free means their old Club cannot demand a fee for them- however this is why players e.g Crofty are happy to let the contract expire as their agent can then comand a signing on fee for the player which goes solely to the player and his agent, instead of aclub receiving it!!

Therefore any club wishing to sign him is in a bidding war with other clubs to attract said player - all things being equal - he who offeres the most will get him... geddit!!!

Even players with a tranfer fee will want a signing fee. Fact is, free agents are still the cheapest option. Unless you play your youth players that is!