Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A trip in search of Third Division merchandise.

We were at the club shop at Carrow Road a couple of weeks ago seeking some nice new Third Division merchandise.

The two charming ladies there smiled quite gamely through gritted teeth and sought of told me not to be so naughty.

But anyway I got three nice cotton t-shirts and a club tie; and Mrs Bly one lovely polo shirt for herself - plus some assorted tat.

We were venturing to Yellows after for a snack but detected it in advance downwind and headed ratther hurriedly up the road to the ever reliable Costa.

But back to the big question. When will the Third Division merchandise be available and what pattern will it follow?

Surely no scarves and banners proclaiming brashly "WE ARE LEAGUE 1".

The club has a marketing conundrum. We await their creativity with rather less than bated breath.

OTBC

Interesting post Bly, and one that I have thought about before.The club can''t proudly announce our arrival in League 1, yet, surely we have to sell league one merch?I, for one, am not going to proudly buy any of such, because the fact is we shouldn''t be in the positionand there''s no way on earth that fans are going to be happy.We need another spin on things.Mind you, the club seem pretty good at that by now...

[quote user="AJ"]Interesting post Bly, and one that I have thought about before.
The club can''t proudly announce our arrival in League 1, yet, surely we have to sell league one merch?
I, for one, am not going to proudly buy any of such, because the fact is we shouldn''t be in the position
and there''s no way on earth that fans are going to be happy.

We need another spin on things.
Mind you, the club seem pretty good at that by now...
[/quote]

Yes, it''s going to be very interesting to se what approach they take.

But it''s difficult to get away from the feeling that merchandise sales are going to plummet this year unless some cleve rmarketer pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]We were at the club shop at Carrow Road a couple of weeks ago seeking some nice new Third Division merchandise.[/quote]I had noticed you had been away Bly so it''s good to see you had returned to the land of your ancestors and to Carrow Rd.

Ironically, City are now playing in the same division as they were when you left.

Not much changes does it?

Ho-hum.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]We were at the club shop at Carrow Road a couple of weeks ago seeking some nice new Third Division merchandise.[/quote]I had noticed you had been away Bly so it''s good to see you had returned to the land of your ancestors and to Carrow Rd.

Ironically, City are now playing in the same division as they were when you left.

Not much changes does it?

Ho-hum.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s ok Lapp. Nothing wrong with being historically challenged - it happens to lots of people of your age.

But your stablemate nutty won''t be pleased though - he''s a stickler for ''accuracy''.

Anyway, you were right all last year about us being doomed to the Third Division - have to give you that.[:)]

OTBC

I hear an extended run of the "59ers" kit is swinging into production somewhere in China.....

Rather appropriate I feel.... if somewhat insulting to the proper players that wore it back then.......

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

I hear an extended run of the "59ers" kit is swinging into production somewhere in China.....

Rather appropriate I feel.... if somewhat insulting to the proper players that wore it back then.......

[/quote]

In best polyester no doubt.

OTBC

I detect a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming, newThird Division merchandise. Even best polyester.

Another bigger than anticipated hole in the budget?

OTBC

spend ya 30 quid on the new away shirt!! im liking, although not advised if you have a hairy back..... static is a killer! P.S i aint got a hairy back!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]spend ya 30 quid on the new away shirt!! im liking, although not advised if you have a hairy back..... static is a killer!

P.S i aint got a hairy back!
[/quote]

Most appropriate then.

For static is what the club is at the moment.

OTBC

[quote user="Metatron"]"On loan to League One" T-shirts, hoodies, scarfs, stickers, and ashtrays[/quote]\

From where?

OTBC