Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Got to be Given time?????

Now im confused what is meant by , we must give them time??? surely gunn and his team had time when they had 19 games left, for people to compare our situation with Newcastle, shearer had 8 games!!! yes 8!! Gunn also played a hand in recruiting our current squad, im really worried and to say im looking forward to next year i would be lying, i just hope he gets lucky!!! Cause they certainly arent filling me with confidence!

[quote user="barryevans"]can people stop moaning about gunn he is here next season even though no one wants him and that aint gonna change[/quote]

He won ''t make November.

Why is it that people keep having to start up new threads when others already exist on the subject - many of which already contain the original posters views?Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?There has already been much discussion over the 19 games and the team you call ''his''.

[quote user="chicken"]Why is it that people keep having to start up new threads when others already exist on the subject - many of which already contain the original posters views?Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?There has already been much discussion over the 19 games and the team you call ''his''.[/quote]

so people like you reply to them!! anyway im grumpy today..so why not!

[quote user="chicken"]Why is it that people keep having to start up new threads when others already exist on the subject - many of which already contain the original posters views?Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?There has already been much discussion over the 19 games and the team you call ''his''.[/quote]and i was replying to the pink un article about roich!

Self confessed attention seeker. At least you are honest then.Seriously - you have already nailed your opinion on this quite a few times and I don''t think there is a great disagreement with you.Most of us would have loved to see a Jewell, an Ince,  a Boothroyd etc but it appears we have little money which means most of the more proven or reliable candidates are out of our league. Its a no brainer really - I think even the board would have prefered a proven manager otherwise they would have given the job to Gunn before they bothered with Roeder.Where we are now is not in a position to argue - if we are to protest against anything it is the board for continued mistakes. If Gunn was to go under pressure from the fans then they would make another appointment who could be worse. And as of yet I am not convinced we have seen the full extent of Gunn, Crook or Butterworth''s influence on a team of players.19 games may seem like a long length of time but did we have Lee for all of that time? Did not Hoolahan get better to the point where he was becoming a match winner only to get injured with no real replacement?And as you say any great manager would have saved the club from relegation in 19 games - Gunn is no great manager yet, he is a rookie so you either give him a chance or you dont but right now there is very little we can do but watch and see what he brings in in the summer.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="barryevans"]can people stop moaning about gunn he is here next season even though no one wants him and that aint gonna change[/quote]

[/quote]

he will make it past that!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="chicken"]Why is it that people keep having to start up new threads when others already exist on the subject - many of which already contain the original posters views?Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?There has already been much discussion over the 19 games and the team you call ''his''.[/quote]and i was replying to the pink un article about roich![/quote]There is already a thread on Rioch.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Banana its true, but lets hope i due to good management decisions and not delia is divering on another failure!

[quote user="chicken"]Self confessed attention seeker. At least you are honest then.Seriously - you have already nailed your opinion on this quite a few times and I don''t think there is a great disagreement with you.Most of us would have loved to see a Jewell, an Ince,  a Boothroyd etc but it appears we have little money which means most of the more proven or reliable candidates are out of our league. Its a no brainer really - I think even the board would have prefered a proven manager otherwise they would have given the job to Gunn before they bothered with Roeder.Where we are now is not in a position to argue - if we are to protest against anything it is the board for continued mistakes. If Gunn was to go under pressure from the fans then they would make another appointment who could be worse. And as of yet I am not convinced we have seen the full extent of Gunn, Crook or Butterworth''s influence on a team of players.19 games may seem like a long length of time but did we have Lee for all of that time? Did not Hoolahan get better to the point where he was becoming a match winner only to get injured with no real replacement?And as you say any great manager would have saved the club from relegation in 19 games - Gunn is no great manager yet, he is a rookie so you either give him a chance or you dont but right now there is very little we can do but watch and see what he brings in in the summer.[/quote]Agreed!!!! and I will stand back and support, but i was replying to roich''s pink un article, i really hope he pulls it off! Something has to give!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Banana its true, but lets hope i due to good management decisions and not delia is divering on another failure![/quote]

He''ll definitely last past November. I doubt it''ll be because of his management skills, but because Delia won''t remove someone as "ncfc" as Gunn. Working on her theory, his passion for the club will ensure he does well. I would''ve thought that 19 games was enough for him to do well, but apparently not.

Looks to me like you have to clear your threads with some posters on here before you put them up..............ever heard of ''board police''?

I reckon everone should put up posts about Gunn''s ineptitude and his inability to understand why most fans have a problem with him, until someone in that poxy board room gets the message!

[quote user="mtv"]

Looks to me like you have to clear your threads with some posters on here before you put them up..............ever heard of ''board police''?

I reckon everone should put up posts about Gunn''s ineptitude and his inability to understand why most fans have a problem with him, until someone in that poxy board room gets the message!

[/quote]Its not about policing - no one is saying don''t have your say but what I am saying is that there is already a thread on this topic - whether you are questioning Rioch for backing Gunn or whether you doubt Gunn''s credentials - its all there.As Ryan has suggested on another thread why not join those discussions rather than start a new one?By doing it this way it seems like:- The poster can not be bothered to read an already exhisting thread - The poster has already read through the thread and does not like the opinion that is being aired there- The poster has already posted the same view on another thread but gained no direct response and so has a go posting pretty much the same thing in an entirely new thread instead.And to me none of those make a poster look particularily good. Just look at the likes of 1st Wiz and Smudge - see what sort of a reputation it gets them.As Ryan said - if people can''t be bothered to look into the threads with other peoples posts that already exhist why should anyone be bothered to read their posts?I also get a bit fed up with the concept people have of freedom of speech. True freedom does not exhist. You can not go out in a public place and shout loudly and aggressively at people whether or not you are using foul/abussive language there are grounds for arrest under breach of peace. Use and inlamitary comments such as racist remarks and you also get the long arm of the law.Whilst it is your right to say what the hell you like - it is not your right not to be held responsible for it.What has this to do with an internet forum? The internet is classed as a public arena - forums such as this which are open to all are essentially a virtual public place as anyone can access it to at least read comments and it requires no membership fee etc. So when people comment on here I advise them to imagine it is like a meeting place such as St. Andrews Hall where several different subjects of discussion are underway.The advantage is that on here you can be a part of all of them at once and you know what is already being discussed. By starting up a thread that mirrors one that already exhists you are ignoring the people that have already posted their opinions in the other thread - or possibly you couldn''t get your point of view across so you want to stand away and shout it from the corner in an effort to make people listen.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote] Oh god Wiz , i was hoping he would be long gone by November , heres hoping anyway.

[quote user="chicken"]

Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?

[/quote]

to add to his post count!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Now im confused what is meant by , we must give them time??? surely gunn and his team had time when they had 19 games left, for people to compare our situation with Newcastle, shearer had 8 games!!! yes 8!!
Gunn also played a hand in recruiting our current squad, im really worried and to say im looking forward to next year i would be lying, i just hope he gets lucky!!! Cause they certainly arent filling me with confidence!
[/quote]

As firmly predicted by moi.......

Lets all just put our fingers in our ears and go lalalalalalalala so we don''t have to hear anything unpleasant......

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Now im confused what is meant by , we must give them time??? surely gunn and his team had time when they had 19 games left, for people to compare our situation with Newcastle, shearer had 8 games!!! yes 8!! Gunn also played a hand in recruiting our current squad, im really worried and to say im looking forward to next year i would be lying, i just hope he gets lucky!!! Cause they certainly arent filling me with confidence! [/quote]

As firmly predicted by moi.......

Lets all just put our fingers in our ears and go lalalalalalalala so we don''t have to hear anything unpleasant......

[/quote]my fingers are to big to go in my ears, to much typing!

I have never heard such inane dribble in all my life (did Ryan say that?) Why should anyone have to trawl through every thread to make sure they are not repeating what someone else has said (probably bloody Ryan!!)  This is a message board not a meeting that has limited time. As lonf as you are not libelling anyone then you are at liberty to write what you want! (if it''s ok with you and Ryan that is). It''s people like you and Ryan that frighten ordinary fans of off message boards.

If I or anyone else wants to write about how this trashy board and our incompitent manager will ruin our club, then more power to them, if they then want to write it again, good luck to them, and you know what, if you and Ryan dont like it, then dont bloody read it.....quite simple really. you keep your stupid rules to yourself and leave posters to post what they want to post.

And btw who says Wiz and Smudger have a bad name? just because you (and Ryan) dont agree with them...just who the bloody hell do you think you are? 

[quote user="mtv"]

I have never heard such inane dribble in all my life (did Ryan say that?) Why should anyone have to trawl through every thread to make sure they are not repeating what someone else has said (probably bloody Ryan!!)  This is a message board not a meeting that has limited time. As lonf as you are not libelling anyone then you are at liberty to write what you want! (if it''s ok with you and Ryan that is). It''s people like you and Ryan that frighten ordinary fans of off message boards.

If I or anyone else wants to write about how this trashy board and our incompitent manager will ruin our club, then more power to them, if they then want to write it again, good luck to them, and you know what, if you and Ryan dont like it, then dont bloody read it.....quite simple really. you keep your stupid rules to yourself and leave posters to post what they want to post.

And btw who says Wiz and Smudger have a bad name? just because you (and Ryan) dont agree with them...just who the bloody hell do you think you are? 

[/quote]lmao...... it''s the way it is with them!

[quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]Hahahaha. Made me laugh that did.No seriously - the only reason I stated it on this thread is that the original poster had already stated this in another topic - and although it would be nice for people to read the other threads they obviously don''t have to. What I was merely suggesting is that when there are several "Gunn out", "Give Gunn a chance" threads already in existance why not just slap your opinion there. It may add to the debate in itself rather than creating a debate about where, how, why and what to post.I don''t think its an unfair request do you?As for Smudger and Wiz - didn''t say they had bad names, infact I rather like them. Rather original and quirky. Nor did I say that people hate them - I believe I said that they have a reputation for becoming involved in a descussion on a thread and then being overwelmed by the counter arguments so they start another thread stating that the fans are sheep because they don''t listen to the truth and then repeat what they have said already.Wiz - is a bit up and down. I wouldn''t say I always disagree with him because you cant. He changes his opinion, or at least he posts different opinions quicker than you can say Abracadabra so at times you almost have to agree with what he types - the problem is believing whether any of it is genuine.See this: http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1714999/ShowPost.aspxThere are plenty of people on here who represent a stance that seems to be against the grain but still remain able to hold themselves in a good light. Arthur Whittle or it seems the collective known as Arthur Whittle are just one such poster. I dont often agree with him/them but it doesnt stop me from respecting the way that the opinion is conducted.Am I telling you what to do? Well nope because I don''t have the power to. Am I opening a discussion on how we as a collective group can work at trying to make this as good a place as it has been in the past? That is my aim.

[quote user="mtv"]

some people get way! way! above their station. 

[/quote]I''d be interested to know what you think my station is.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="mtv"]

some people get way! way! above their station. 

[/quote]I''d be interested to know what you think my station is. [/quote]

lord chicken!

My god if smudger and Wiz overwhelm threads by volume of posts then you do it by volume of content.

Your station? I dont know, I was taking the p1$$ !

As for the rest of it, I think I andswered it all by saying if you like the thread then add to it, if it bores you then dont. quite simple really.

[quote user="chicken"]Why is it that people keep having to start up new threads when others already exist on the subject - many of which already contain the original posters views?

Canarycharge - you have made this point in other threads so why repeat yourself in a new thread?

There has already been much discussion over the 19 games and the team you call ''his''.
[/quote]

What''s the view like up your own arse then?

Get a grip you soppy nancy boy and go with the flow..... preferably after you''ve removed your head from your backside.....

Deary deary me......