Sign in to follow this  
Keith  Roads

So fed up with with Ncisa and Trust

I think we need one-umbrella supporters that communicate clearly with agreed objectives.  I am not surprised by the Trust''s press comments re: the rebate, because it’s opposite to NCISA''s view.  These groups should remember that we are all city''s fans and stop trying to score points against each other.  It happens all the time and is very unhelpful.  The issue is simple: if you trust the board to spend your money wisely don''t claim your rebate. However if you don''t trust the board - get your money back. 

So do us all a favour John (ncisa) Mike (trust) get together and reach a compromise.  I am feed up with tit for tat politics. Your jobs are to represent your members not to feather your nests or further your personal aims of a place on the Norwich board of directors. 

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

So do us all a favour John (ncisa) Mike (trust) get together and reach a compromise.  I am feed up with tit for tat politics. Your jobs are to represent your members not to feather your nests or further your personal aims of a place on the Norwich board of directors. 

[/quote]

Spot on Keith!  By the way, I also wish that they realised that they only represent a very small proportion of supporters views (whatever end of the spectrum your opinion is).  Why can''t someone re-invent something like the old Supporters'' Club that seemed to be the one organisation that pulled together in times of adversity.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Keith Roads"]

[/quote]

Spot on Keith!  By the way, I also wish that they realised that they only represent a very small proportion of supporters views (whatever end of the spectrum your opinion is).  Why can''t someone re-invent something like the old Supporters'' Club that seemed to be the one organisation that pulled together in times of adversity.

[/quote]Let''s hope that none of those heading these groups think that they have all the right answers. At least they should be talking together and not just scoring points with the use of the madia.It is interesting that it will be the percentage take up of the rebate by season ticket holders which will express the feelings of fans.

[quote user="Fred"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Keith Roads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is interesting that it will be the percentage take up of the rebate by season ticket holders which will express the feelings of fans.
[/quote]

How easily will the Club release those figures if it looks black for them?????

Obviously I am more in line with the trusts thinking than NCISA''s.

I am annoyed when any one group claims that everybody thinks and votes how they do when its clearly not true.

I just don''t believe we have enough deep thinkers on these fan organisations.

A lot of the reactions are jingoistic

The fans are very divided on a lot of the issues. Some fans are not thinking at all.

How many fans/shareholders out of all the 92 league clubs are very happy with the way their board is running the club.

Not very many in my opinion.

Rick Waghorn wrote a nice little 2 page article yesterday on some sobering realities of financing football clubs.

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4725

Well worth a read IMHO.

But more importantly the reader should think deeply about the implications of doing anything to financially hurt the club.

I think we need one-umbrella supporters that communicate clearly with agreed objectives.  I am not surprised by the Trust''s press comments re: the rebate, because it’s opposite to NCISA''s view.  These groups should remember that we are all city''s fans and stop trying to score points against each other.  It happens all the time and is very unhelpful.  The issue is simple: if you trust the board to spend your money wisely don''t claim your rebate. However if you don''t trust the board - get your money back. 

[/quote]

I would suggest that we don''t need anyone to hold our hand.....

Simply stay away from Carrow Road and so deprive Smith of revenue for long enough to make things happen. Feed the parasite and it will simply suck your blood until there is none left......

It won''t hurt the club in the long run.... but it would hurt those who are cynically destroying it......

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I am annoyed when any one group claims that everybody thinks and votes how they do when its clearly not true.

The fans are very divided on a lot of the issues. Some fans are not thinking at all.

How many fans/shareholders out of all the 92 league clubs are very happy with the way their board is running the club.

Rick Waghorn wrote a nice little 2 page article yesterday on some sobering realities of financing football clubs.

Well worth a read IMHO.

But more importantly the reader should think deeply about the implications of doing anything to financially hurt the club.

[/quote]

Very interesting article that misses our last season in Prem and the two subsequent years parachute payments, that he thinks will  keep WBA going!

Waghorn is a known board supporter so would expect little else.

As for deep thinkers how the H*** would you know.

You read press bites and assume that those reflect truly the discussions that go on outside those public meetings. You also assume that this forum is an example. My opinion is that a lot of the serious posters on here use it as a way of testing opinion and an enjoyable few hours of banter.

The trust are concerned with keeping the value of the shares up for their members. They can never hope to challenge the majority shareholding as it stands.

Ncisa have at least tried to reflect the majority of opinion from the public meeting. That was their remit. It may not be a true majority view but as the silent majorty are just that, they can only deal with the situation as it is presented.

Perhaps a lot of the 92 clubs have not had to put up with what the fans of our club have in relationship to poor football and relegations.

No one wants to harm the finances of the club but to make it appear that by taking back what is rightfully and legaly theirs is commiting a trecherous act against our club is unforgiveable.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Well worth a read IMHO.

[/quote]

Very interesting article that misses our last season in Prem and the two subsequent years parachute payments, that he thinks will  keep WBA going!

You read press bites and assume that those reflect truly the discussions that go on outside those public meetings. You also assume that this forum is an example. My opinion is that a lot of the serious posters on here use it as a way of testing opinion and an enjoyable few hours of banter.

The trust are concerned with keeping the value of the shares up for their members. They can never hope to challenge the majority shareholding as it stands.

Ncisa have at least tried to reflect the majority of opinion from the public meeting. That was their remit. It may not be a true majority view but as the silent majorty are just that, they can only deal with the situation as it is presented.

Perhaps a lot of the 92 clubs have not had to put up with what the fans of our club have in relationship to poor football and relegations.

No one wants to harm the finances of the club but to make it appear that by taking back what is rightfully and legaly theirs is commiting a trecherous act against our club is unforgiveable.

[/quote]

Agreed

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Good post.

The people voted and NCISA responded accordingly.

What public vote are NCST relying on for their position?

Tangy, that sounds just like the NCISA vs NCST "points scoring" Keith Rhodes was refering to in his orignal post! Well done!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Well worth a read IMHO.

[/quote]

[/quote]

NCISA and its supporters seem to be the only group supporting removing the current board by using financial meltdown tactics without any thought as to how that will effect the club long after

the board is gone.

The only reason for the call is to "send a message" .Its called spite

I have now idea how that HELPS the club get back to the championship.

They claim that the meeting reperesented the majority of supporters based on a vote at a biased meeting yet I would not be suprised if a huge chunk of the current season ticket holders do not claim their rebate even after numerous calls from NCISA to do so.

That will finally knock all the BS on the head. Even Mr Tilson himself said on SSN that the fans were divided..........

I stand by my opinion of lack of deep thinking by some of the NCISA members and supporters.

There is nothing they have done that has given me any hope they will achieve anything but cause unrest and further divide the supporters.

It still amazes me that some of the NCISA supporters still label anyone who doesn''t support "financial meltdown" , a board supporter.

If you can''t get your head around that simple concept then you are screwed on the tougher ones.

It also amazed me that the tactics of Mr Tilson and his supporters was to personally attack anyone disagreeing rather than actually debate the issues.

This is a classic tactic used by those who are weak on the issues. (attack the messenger if you can''t fade the message)

I asked the question if NCISA supported food/vendor boycotts at least 5 times and never recieved a direct answer.

I did receieve numerous personal accusations for which he seems to have a lot of time for.

FWIW I stand for the season ticket holders making their own choice as to if they want to claim their rebate.

Despite all the drama being spouted nobody is stopping any season ticket holder from claiming their rebate if they want it.

Overall I am in favor of anything that helps the club gain promotion back to the championship.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Well worth a read IMHO.

[/quote]

[/quote]

NCISA and its supporters seem to be the only group supporting removing the current board by using financial meltdown tactics without any thought as to how that will effect the club long after

the board is gone.

They claim that the meeting reperesented the majority of supporters based on a vote at a biased meeting yet I would not be suprised if a huge chunk of the current season ticket holders do not claim their rebate even after numerous calls from NCISA to do so.

That will finally knock all the BS on the head. Even Mr Tilson himself said on SSN that the fans were divided..........

I stand by my opinion of lack of deep thinking by some of the NCISA members and supporters.

There is nothing they have done that has given me any hope they will achieve anything but cause unrest and further divide the supporters.

It still amazes me that some of the NCISA supporters still label anyone who doesn''t support "financial meltdown" , a board supporter.

If you can''t get your head around that simple concept then you are screwed on the tougher ones.

It also amazed me that the tactics of Mr Tilson and his supporters was to personally attack anyone disagreeing rather than actually debate the issues.

This is a classic tactic used by those who are weak on the issues. (attack the messenger if you can''t fade the message)

I asked the question if NCISA supported food/vendor boycotts at least 5 times and never recieved a direct answer.

I did receieve numerous personal accusations for which he seems to have a lot of time for.

FWIW I stand for the season ticket holders making their own choice as to if they want to claim their rebate.

Despite all the drama being spouted nobody is stopping any season ticket holder from claiming their rebate if they want it.

Overall I am in favor of anything that helps the club gain promotion back to the championship.

[/quote]

It''s not called spite, it''s called sending a message. That''s all as supporters we have left.

It was NOT a biased meeting, it was open for ALL to attend. The result REFLECTED that meeting. That''s all it can do.

One person suggested a food boycot and was not voted or commented on to my knowledge.

If someone had said Elvis lives, would that also have been taken as fact and NCISA accused of the comment!

Stop sniping at Tilson, he is the chairman,but still only one member, who for his sins has to face the press. I do not know if he does or does not like that job, but I have only heard him reflect the overall vote when asked for a comment from his chairmanship position.

I am glad that you are in favour of freedom of choice for the fans. In the end it will be their own personal opinions that hold sway. I hope the club comes out with the figures whichever way they go.

Keith, NCISA has been trying to work with other supporter groups. Groups - including those overseas - were contacted and asked for opinions to feed into the debate at St Andrews Hall. Many responded.

The Supporters Trust and the Shareholders'' group were invited to speak at St Andrew''s Hall - and were given the floor to speak and come back with further comment.

Last week the NCISA secretary contacted supporters'' groups again - and we have had further replies.

The aims of the Trust are to buy shares in the club. The aims of NCISA are much broader - see the website.

The role of the Press in all of this has been to report potential areas of disagreement between fans'' groups - which they have been successful in doing. This is most likely because there is no news coming from Carrow Road......nuff said.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Well worth a read IMHO.

[/quote]

[/quote]

the board is gone.

[/quote]

It''s not called spite, it''s called sending a message. That''s all as supporters we have left.

[/quote]

No its spite, because there were many other ways you could have "sent a message" without suggesting ideas that take revenue away from the club.

[quote]

It was NOT a biased meeting, it was open for ALL to attend. The result REFLECTED that meeting. That''s all it can do.

[/quote]

Of course it was biased, do you think those who were happy or were indifferent to our plight were going to turn up.

The result absolutely 100% reflected that meeting. I never said it didn''t. Again we have to be smarter than this.

The NCISA supporters were not saying that, They are saying it was representative of ALL supporters..

Its ironic that the vast majority of supporters groups do NOT agree with NCISA stance.

So much for that!

[quote]

One person suggested a food boycot and was not voted or commented on to my knowledge.

[/quote]

The reason I ask the question is I want to know if NCISA is in favor of further action which would deprive the club of revenue.

I think its only fair that fans know where NCISA stands on this issue.

Can you not see why its relevent?

[quote]

If someone had said Elvis lives, would that also have been taken as fact and NCISA accused of the comment!

[/quote]

No, I stick to facts and relevent questions related to NCFC unlike Mr Tilson who wants to know about my drinking and facebook habits.

[quote]

Stop sniping at Tilson, he is the chairman,but still only one member, who for his sins has to face the press. I do not know if he does or does not like that job, but I have only heard him reflect the overall vote when asked for a comment from his chairmanship position.

[/quote]

Is this ironic? I ask questions about situations related to NCISA and NCFC and he snipes about my gender, friends, facebook and drinking habits.

I had to laugh when Spost Desk Pete brought up the fact that NCISA updated comments from Mr Tilson were given before the NCISA commitee meeting

[quote]

I am glad that you are in favour of freedom of choice for the fans. In the end it will be their own personal opinions that hold sway. I hope the club comes out with the figures whichever way they go.

[/quote]

So you disagree with NCISA that they should be telling people what they should do with their rebate. Its nice we agree on something.

NCISA should be neutral and also suggest its up to the indivdual season ticket holder if they claim or not.

The talk of "legally binding contracts" and "blackmail" is totally bogus. The club has never at any time said that season ticket holders could not claim their rebate.

FFS - somebody has wound him up again. Next time, would the appropriate person kindly throw away the key...thank you[:)]

[/quote]

I agree we need all the supporters groups to work together and I know that NCISA contacted them recently all on more than one occasion but got hardly any response.

They also invited them all to the St Andrews Hall meeting so that they could speak but again I think it was only the Trust who took the floor.

What more can they do? Mike Reynolds has posted on here from time to time perhaps he can give us an insight as to how he thinks the groups could work together rather than us rely on NCISA committee members to reply to all these sort of threads.

I fail to see how the two groups can work together. The Supporters Trust surely has no option but to invest all money it receives into the club. nCIsA has listened to the fans at The Andrews and has taken the stand of recommending money is withheld from the club. There is no common ground. Anyway, I don''t see where The Trust is a supporters group in the same way as nCIsA.

[/quote]

Keith old mate i have absolutely no agenda to seek a seat on the board.Never have done and never will and there are no tit for tat politics.NCISA is attempting to achieve dialogue with all supporters groups and associations.

Kathy e-mailed both before and after the St Andrews Hall ALL those listed in the matchday programme plus the associate directors,the shareholders association and the Trust.

One of our committee members David Maidstone has just been co-opted onto the Trust committee.

At the recent St Andrews Hall meeting Mike Reynolds was invited by me to join the platform but he declined.

Do the actions i have outlined above seem to you to be "trying to score points against each other"?

Of course it was biased, do you think those who were happy or were indifferent to our plight were going to turn up.

The result absolutely 100% reflected that meeting. I never said it didn''t. Again we have to be smarter than this.

The NCISA supporters were not saying that, They are saying it was representative of ALL supporters..

Its ironic that the vast majority of supporters groups do NOT agree with NCISA stance.

So much for that!

So, let me get this bit straight.

500-600 people bother to turn up at an evening open meeting.

The meeting was advertised and all other supporters groups contacted.

All who wished were allowed to speak, and various votes taken. I was in attendance and that to my knowledge was what happened.

As other people could not be bothered or could not  attend are those 500+ then not allowed, through the "caller" of that meeting, to express the wishes of that meeting?

Democracy says we are all allowed our opinions, if we wait for the silent majority then NO opinions will ever get expressed as they will do what they always do, wait for someone else to do something. Thats why at election times only 50-60% of the populace turn out to vote at best.

NCISA collated the meetings opinions and then released a press statement based on those facts.

All they can do is pass an opinion, we are to my knowledge still a free country, or I am sure Bush would have invaded us sometime over the last few years!!

Freedom of speech and action.

Now USA draw that long neck in and concentrate on matters closer to your own home and allow the ticket buying suffering fans of this club to try and sort the mess out the current board has got us into. Because unless you have a season ticket to cross the Atlantic twice a week, you have only second hand information to go on at best.

So much for that!

So, let me get this bit straight.

500-600 people bother to turn up at an evening open meeting.

The meeting was advertised and all other supporters groups contacted.

All who wished were allowed to speak, and various votes taken. I was in attendance and that to my knowledge was what happened.

As other people could not be bothered or could not  attend are those 500+ then not allowed, through the "caller" of that meeting, to express the wishes of that meeting?

Democracy says we are all allowed our opinions, if we wait for the silent majority then NO opinions will ever get expressed as they will do what they always do, wait for someone else to do something. Thats why at election times only 50-60% of the populace turn out to vote at best.

NCISA collated the meetings opinions and then released a press statement based on those facts.

All they can do is pass an opinion, we are to my knowledge still a free country, or I am sure Bush would have invaded us sometime over the last few years!!

Freedom of speech and action.

Now USA draw that long neck in and concentrate on matters closer to your own home and allow the ticket buying suffering fans of this club to try and sort the mess out the current board has got us into. Because unless you have a season ticket to cross the Atlantic twice a week, you have only second hand information to go on at best.

[/quote]

Thanks Butler because i was thinking it was a good job nobody stood up and said they were voting BNP at Thursday''s elections or i would be asked if NCISA endorsed voting for them.

The dramatic expression "financial meltdown" has appeared again with the finger of responsibilty pointed at NCISA.The debt under this Board has risen steadily to around £20 million from approximately £6 million.

What part may i ask has NCISA played in this?The "financial meltdown" has been caused by a catalogue of ill conceived judgements made both on and off the field by the current board which is why we are in this hideous position but hey we the fans are just expected to turn the other cheek are we?

I am sure a lengthy response from across the pond will be forthcoming and as sure as night follows day it will be along the lines.........Tilson.....................NCISA.............Tilson..................NCISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously starting to look at myself in the mirror every day to see if as a NCISA committee member I have grown horns recently or gained an evil twisted sneer.

Why is it that a certain number of posters on here seem to delight in having a go at NCISA for just trying to find out what Norwich City supporters think, and then to communicate that back to the Club and the supporters themselves?

So before you jibe back,please read that paragraph above and see what is wrong with that objective.

John (Tilly1010) has outlined the lengths that were gone to with numerous "horses" taken to the water and far more invited to come.

Some of these "horses" did indeed drink as we had representation at the meeting from the Associate Directors, the Shareholders Association, the Trust and members of various supporters groups.  We had all ages, we had various nationalities, we had a fair spread of gender, and short of getting everyone to fill in some sort of "Anti Discrimination" questionnaire I don''t know what else could be done.

Our secretary (Kathy) correlated all the correspondence we had received by email and post and this was reported in summary form.

NCISA continues to have email correspondence with various groups, not always agreeing with each other, but always taking into account the views expressed.

The committee when I joined it was probably 80/20 of the view that things are going well with the club but they are unlucky.  As time has gone on events at Carrow Road and Colney have affected their views as they have all City fans and the committee''s stance has changed.

Individuals still have different views on most things (Hell I never rated Dublin but what do I know?) but issues are discussed and the majority view is sought and that is what is represented by our officials,and we thank them for that.

John is a character and as such has a personality and is therefore good for the media, that means he is good for NCISA as it gets OUR voice heard.  I for one think that John helps to get the voice of many Norwich City fans heard as well - not all City fans because never will everyone agree but a significant number as our day to day lives tells us. I have never heard John say that he does speak for all fans, and I know that some will disagree with him even if he said the world wasn''t flat.

I don''t know if USACanary mixes with other City fans, but I work with around 10, I drink with 40, I have 12 relatives that attend (and some work there too) and probably the views of another 100+ are reflected to me by others regularly.  I know how those views have changed in the last year, 5 years, 10 years, and yes since 1959 (where applicable).  I have a clear conscience that the views I express to the NCISA committee are more than just mine and that many fans demand further significant change at the Club we have lived for virtually all our lives!

So if that has given me horns and turned me into some sort of devil then sorry, but I think you can only worship one saint.

[/quote]

This is utter nonsense, the Trust has never been concerned with maintaining share value, it''s focus has always been on increasing it''s percentage shareholding in the Club. Furthermore, it has always recognised that this will be a long term game.

Good post David [:D] Its good to see so many of your committee members on here now replying to the various posts and critisism.

Don''t think NCISA will ever please everyone but you''re doing your best in a difficult situation and thats all us members can ask of you.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The debt under this Board has risen steadily to around £20 million from approximately £6 million.

[/quote]

The primary reason for this is, of course, that the Club has built the Jarrold Stand and the Aviva Community Stand, rather than some form of implied financial mismanagement!

What message? That you don''t like / trust the baord? Fair enough, but you can do that by way of petitions, letter writing, protests etc.

Do you really mean force the board out? If so, then accepting the rebate may force that - but it may also F*** up the club in the process. 

[quote user="GMF"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The debt under this Board has risen steadily to around £20 million from approximately £6 million.

[/quote]

The primary reason for this is, of course, that the Club has built the Jarrold Stand and the Aviva Community Stand, rather than some form of implied financial mismanagement!

[/quote]

The South Satnd HAD to be replaced, didn''t it? afety cert & all that