Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

someone should approach hucks to.....

write a book.

He''s always been a straight talker who tells it how it is when playing for us.

Played for some decent clubs in his younger day and scored some cracking goals against and alongside some of the best players to have featured the modern game.

As cam said in another post he failed Trials at Forest, Notts County and Retford town and almost turned his back on football forever to persue other matters.

I think his would be a good story to tell....

Any local authors about reading this? Archant need a few quid could they get the ball rolling?

I''d certainly buy it if it was printed

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

write a book.

He''s always been a straight talker who tells it how it is when playing for us.

Played for some decent clubs in his younger day and scored some cracking goals against and alongside some of the best players to have featured the modern game.

As cam said in another post he failed Trials at Forest, Notts County and Retford town and almost turned his back on football forever to persue other matters.

I think his would be a good story to tell....

Any local authors about reading this? Archant need a few quid could they get the ball rolling?

I''d certainly buy it if it was printed

jas :)

[/quote]

Well Rick Waghorn has just finished writing Ian Crook''s so maybe he is ready to move on to his next project, why not give him a bell?

The only person for the book would be my pal Karen Buchanan, who in an unbiased view done a brilliant job with Iwan''s book. But yer, a book about Hucks would be good.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]The only person for the book would be my pal Karen Buchanan, who in an unbiased view done a brilliant job with Iwan''s book. But yer, a book about Hucks would be good.[/quote]

Why would she be the only person, just because she is your friend? I cannot deny that his book was pretty good (although still left too much for the imagination and could have lifted the lid on a lot more dirt). How do you know that Ian Crooks book isnt going to be better? its out on 6th October, so I will hold judgement until then.

Sure why not, then ask him to allow us to sell it in our club shop and then get any profit, !!

would you all rather him play for us or write a book??