Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Should we get 1st and 2nd round fa cup for free??

we normally start in the 3rd round (and finish in there too) but as a kind idea by the board should they give us them tickets for free?

What out of whatever playing budget we have? Thats the only variable budget the money could come from or are you suggesting Delia, Michael and Foulger stand by the turnstile and keep handing over £20 each time a fan enters the ground?

Well, the fans are already on their back, they must do something!!

it would only apply to season ticket holders who didn''t want their rebate!

To be fair, tickets for the FA Cup are usually only a quid for kids and a tenner or so for adults, so compared to normal pricing it isn''t really stretching the bank.

this may sound stupid, but i agree with banana man. in the 1st round theres a high possibility of getting a non-league club. what crowd would we get if we got the likes of ebbsfleet (no disrespect to them), and we had to pay £10 to get in?

[quote user="jbghost"]

Why?

Can''t be done anyway. Ticket prices have to be agreed by the away team as they get a percentage of the gate receipts

[/quote]

But the away teams only get the revenue from the tickets that they sell. So we could just tell them to charge their fans what they want, but ours are £1 or something.

Personally I agree with I am a banana in a way. I think they should say that every season ticket who gave back their rebate gets free tickets for our first home FA Cup match (if we get drawn at home).

I would love to get somebody like Team Bath or Kings Lynn......... it would be like a cup final for them, and they would play gung-fo to get the draw that sends us back to play at their local sunday league pitch. Teams like that can build a new stand out of the revenue from a cup run.

Well, sounds to me like it is a bit of a mixed bag!!

But well all know its not going to happen because the board will not pay £10 for someone to watch a footy match even though they gave the club £70 by letting them keep their rebate!

i am sure they used to do a similar thing for season ticket holders. Where you would get the first home cup tie for free ???

mant of the premiership teams (defo arsenal) they give their season ticket holders the group stage of the champo league for FREE!!! but norwich can''t even get 1st round fa cup for free!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

the board pay the tickets for us!

[/quote]

I would rather we paid for our tickets and keep the money for our transfer budget.

[quote user="yellow chicken"]this may sound stupid, but i agree with banana man. in the 1st round theres a high possibility of getting a non-league club. what crowd would we get if we got the likes of ebbsfleet (no disrespect to them), and we had to pay £10 to get in?[/quote]

Oi!  Well let''s hope that we don''t draw the mighty Fleet away as it will cost you more than £10 to get in to Stonebridge Road (or any other Conference ground for that matter).

I was thinking yesterday that we probably stand a very good chance of being shown on the telly - possibly in both rounds (if we get that far). Norwich City will be a fairly big fish, especially if we''re playing Histon or AFC Wimbledon

[quote user="I am a Banana"]noone would go, it would be televised as a possible upset!![/quote]

LOL [:)]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I was thinking yesterday that we probably stand a very good chance of being shown on the telly - possibly in both rounds (if we get that far). Norwich City will be a fairly big fish, especially if we''re playing Histon or AFC Wimbledon[/quote] I thought you meant on " Just For Laughs ".

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we normally start in the 3rd round (and finish in there too) but as a kind idea by the board should they give us them tickets for free?[/quote]

So to follow your argument to it''s logical conclusion, if the club got the firth or six round, the Board should pay for supporters tickets because we dont normally play in those rounds?

A much better idea would surely be for those who want to watch the First/Second round of the FA Cup buy their own ticket, and those that don''t want to pay dont have to go.

Do you expect us to progress beyond the first round then?