Sign in to follow this  
Songwriter

Rumour of Hucks buying out contract.

Depends how he''s getting on with this injury that was holding him back doesn''t it?SJE might be more than happy to get him off the payroll early if he''s not playing and wants to be back in god''s own county? They may even have suggested it.

[quote user="LQ"]Depends how he''s getting on with this injury that was holding him back doesn''t it?

SJE might be more than happy to get him off the payroll early if he''s not playing and wants to be back in god''s own county? They may even have suggested it.

[/quote]

But then how would this benefit us or Huckerby? Would be another poor business decision to start paying his wages in August if not fit and I doubt very much he would go without being paid.

[quote user="LQ"]Depends how he''s getting on with this injury that was holding him back doesn''t it?

SJE might be more than happy to get him off the payroll early if he''s not playing and wants to be back in god''s own county? They may even have suggested it.

[/quote]

Has not played for nearly two months and is "doubtful" for Sunday.

That''s what I understood - thanks for the confirmation Cam.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I''ll ask him but it should be up to Norwich City to buy him, not Hucks, if they want him.[/quote]

Agreed Pete, but thats just the sort of thing Hucks would do [:)] If we get him fit and he only plays every other game on a pay as you play basis it will be a help.

Just playing the last 20 minutes of every home game would do me! The buzz would be fantastic.[:D]

We must be the only club in the world who thinks we can progress by going backwards.

If this was any other injury prone, 33 year old left winger in the states, we''d hear nothing but criticism and and allegations of a lack of ambition.

Huckerby is a legend but all that is past. Let''s move on.  

Frankly if Hucks was using a Zimmer frame at The Valley  a few weeks ago he would still have outshone the vast majority of the hapless oafs that shamed our club, let’s hope he is coming back soon.

Ordinarily I''d agree with that MM, 100%. But the fact is that this club needs a lift, the fans, the players, the staff - everything about the place needs some happy pills and short of that elusive knight turning up any day soon finding out that Hux is back in almost any capacity will put a smile on many faces.Personally I''d like to see him in the kind of mentoring role he spoke about in the video (put a link in Pete?) but if he is capable of the odd blast of 20 minutes here and there he''s still worth it in my book. Not a starter by any means, but a shot in the arm? Certainly.

I take your point, LQ. Hucks returning would boost some sections of supporters.

But can a club like ours afford to keep a player around for just 20 minutes here and there and to lift the fans? Personally, I think not.

I agree, the fans need something. But I think the fans will get the same uplift from seeing an experienced, competant squad being put together rather than waste the resources we have on Darren Huckerby.

[quote user="LQ"]Just playing the last 20 minutes of every home game would do me! The buzz would be fantastic.

[:D]

[/quote]

I''d be happy with 20 - 30 mins too,  it would give us all a lift [:)]

[quote user="LQ"] Just playing the last 20 minutes of every home game would do me! The buzz would be fantastic.

[:D]

[/quote] Something we agree on [:P] Good call there LQ

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

We must be the only club in the world who thinks we can progress by going backwards.

If this was any other injury prone, 33 year old left winger in the states, we''d hear nothing but criticism and and allegations of a lack of ambition.

Huckerby is a legend but all that is past. Let''s move on.  

[/quote]

Cannot believe people dont think hed do a job for us. he left a couple of seasons too early. Ye hes 33 not 40...hes still got a couple of years at lower league left easily, if darren anderton can do it at 36 Hucks can do it at 33.

Hes still nippy, has much more technical ability than most players in this league and if he came back it would give the place a lift cause the fans love him so much and he loves the club. Maybe do a Giggs and start playing more centrally in midfield when his pace really starts to go. Defo worth a shot in my eyes....

But can a club like ours afford to keep a player around for just 20 minutes here and there and to lift the fans? Personally, I think not.

I agree, the fans need something. But I think the fans will get the same uplift from seeing an experienced, competant squad being put together rather than waste the resources we have on Darren Huckerby.

[/quote]Sorry, but can''t agree with this at all. If Hucks does end up re-signing I can imagine he will be excellent value - can''t imagine that he would want masses of wages. So this money could either go towards signing a player who could really make the difference in League One - or a "competent" League One player. To me, that''s a no-brainer (unless his wage demands are high).Put it this way, I can''t see many other League One clubs turning down Huckerby, even a semi-fit one.

In one of the most recent interviews with Hucks a few weeks ago, when asked about Gunn, and league one, and the future of the club, he personally said wage cuts would never be a problem if he was to return to Norwich. He would play on a small wage if required.

Lets hope this rumour is true...

Time this club moved on Huckerby is to old now and would be another step backwards , getting him back will just be a desperate attempt by our pathetic manager to gain some popularity . Message to Gunn we DONTwant you here bye bye.

[/quote]when ya looking at putting out a very young team just having players like dion and hucks in the dressing room can make a major difference.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Frankly if Hucks was using a Zimmer frame at The Valley  a few weeks ago he would still have outshone the vast majority of the hapless oafs that shamed our club, let’s hope he is coming back soon.

[/quote]spot on BG [Y][Y][Y]