Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Would you pay Clingan 25,000 a week?

That is what most of you on here are effectively proposing. Blindly suggesting that we keep Clingan and lose him on a bosman instead of selling him for £1m+.

Lets assume that he is already on at least £6k a week.

Lets assume that we reject a £1m transfer fee for Clingain in order to keep him at the club. That £1m transfer fee equates to £19,230 per week for 52 weeks that we have lost.

Add this to his estimated 6k a week wages and it would cost this club £25,230 per week to keep Clingan for the duration of the season, only for him to leave at the end of the year on a bosman.

I have said it once and I will say it again, we should offer Clingan a contract extension and if he doesnt take it then we should cash in.

People are saying that we wouldnt go up without Clingan, thats ridiculous, he scored 6 goals last year. 25k per week in the wage budget could fill a lot of gaps that one man in the middle of the park cannot, for a start it would be enough to sign Alan Lee, a right winger, a left back, a centre midfielder and a goalkeeper.

Thats why Ian Crook doesnt know the transfer budget, and thats why it rests on Clingan.

I would support a Clingan sale if he doesnt want to sign a new deal.

Why are you saying he scored 6 goals last year like it''s a criticism? He''s not a bloody striker.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

That is what most of you on here are effectively proposing. Blindly suggesting that we keep Clingan and lose him on a bosman instead of selling him for £1m+.

[/quote]Most people on here seem to think Delia is an Ipswich supporting corporate thief so.......[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]Me too. Sign or Cheerio, rather spend it on a new pink shagpile carpet in the boardroom than pay inflated wages to players. The players have been shafting clubs, and therefore you and me for too long

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Lets assume that we reject a £1m transfer fee for Clingain in order to keep him at the club. That £1m transfer fee equates to £19,230 per week for 52 weeks that we have lost.

Add this to his estimated 6k a week wages and it would cost this club £25,230 per week to keep Clingan for the duration of the season, only for him to leave at the end of the year on a bosman.

I have said it once and I will say it again, we should offer Clingan a contract extension and if he doesnt take it then we should cash in.

People are saying that we wouldnt go up without Clingan, thats ridiculous, he scored 6 goals last year. 25k per week in the wage budget could fill a lot of gaps that one man in the middle of the park cannot, for a start it would be enough to sign Alan Lee, a right winger, a left back, a centre midfielder and a goalkeeper.

Thats why Ian Crook doesnt know the transfer budget, and thats why it rests on Clingan.

[/quote]

Ryan, you don''t fit into this message board at all.

Your posts are far too sensible. You use foward thinking logic along with reasonable assumptions.

Maybe you should either consider joining the NCFC board or running a supporters group.

They could both do with a lot of help from intelligent people willing to think more than 1 move ahead.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

This is the same point that I made a few weeks ago. He should not be allowed to go on a Bosman and if he turns down an extension he should be sold. 

It simply does not make financial sense to do otherwise.  

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote] So we get 5 super cheap players for the £1million , good plan indeed if we are looking to stay in league 1 for the time being . If we have any ambition to get back to the Championship you are going to need that bit of class that comes with a Clingan and Hoolahan .

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

Yes. He is Premier League quality.

[/quote]

But we dont have a Premier League budget, as simple as.

I think it depends.  If Sammy loves the club, we should keep him at whatever price.  But if he wants to go, let him go.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote] So we get 5 super cheap players for the £1million , good plan indeed if we are looking to stay in league 1 for the time being . If we have any ambition to get back to the Championship you are going to need that bit of class that comes with a Clingan and Hoolahan .
[/quote]

200k is not cheap for league on. The average transfer spend per club in League One last year was 267k, with a total of £6.7m for all 24 clubs.  The average spend in the championship was over £2.5m.  A £1m transfer budget should be enough to get promoted, have you seen the value of transfers in League one?

My point was more about wages, there are hundreds of good free agents out there that would probably play for 3k or 4k a week. 25k a week would pay the wages of 6 or 7 players next season.

I agree that we need a bit of class, but at what cost? You taking about paying £1.25m for one player for one season. The difference with Hoolohan is that he will probably cost us 250k next season and we could still cash in at the end of the year. The Hoolohan situation is nothing like the Clingan one.

Please explain how Clingan and Hoolohan are going to win us promotion next year if we have no right winger, no experienced strikers and no goalkeeper? Its a hell of a lot more about strength in depth and it is a team that wins promotion. If Clingan doesnt want to sign an extension then he has no desire to be part of the building of a Norwich ''team''. What is the point in paying £1.25m for a player that will be quality for four months, agree a bosman in January, and the spend the last 5 months of the season thinking about his move to Fulham / Cardiff etc.  We have had that before. He has left a club on a bosman before.

Lay it on the line. Clingan, will you sign a one year extension with a release clause in the summer? If not sorry we cant afford to spend £1.25m on you.

We would be the stupidest club in the country to keep him, what is he really worth? Lets say Fulham gave him £520k a year (10k a week) on a four year deal, and paid £1m for him. They are spending £3m for Clingan for four years. Thats 750k a season, 500k a season less then we would pay to keep him for this year.

Do you realise how skint we are? We have no money, we are a league on club with a league one income next year (no championship tv money, no championship prize money, hardly any away tickets sold, loads of high earning players stuck on the payroll).  How the hell can we pay Premiership money out for players?

Some of you, well particularly you it seems, are living in a dreamworld.

[quote user="Thai Canary"]
I think it depends.  If Sammy loves the club, we should keep him at whatever price.  But if he wants to go, let him go.
[/quote]

Yes, but if he has to sign a deal then doesnt he? If he wants to sign a deal then keep him, otherwise we can get some compensation for him.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know. Thanks for that.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote] So we get 5 super cheap players for the £1million , good plan indeed if we are looking to stay in league 1 for the time being . If we have any ambition to get back to the Championship you are going to need that bit of class that comes with a Clingan and Hoolahan .[/quote]

200k is not cheap for league on. The average transfer spend per club in League One last year was 267k, with a total of £6.7m for all 24 clubs.  The average spend in the championship was over £2.5m.  A £1m transfer budget should be enough to get promoted, have you seen the value of transfers in League one?

My point was more about wages, there are hundreds of good free agents out there that would probably play for 3k or 4k a week. 25k a week would pay the wages of 6 or 7 players next season.

I agree that we need a bit of class, but at what cost? You taking about paying £1.25m for one player for one season. The difference with Hoolohan is that he will probably cost us 250k next season and we could still cash in at the end of the year. The Hoolohan situation is nothing like the Clingan one.

Please explain how Clingan and Hoolohan are going to win us promotion next year if we have no right winger, no experienced strikers and no goalkeeper? Its a hell of a lot more about strength in depth and it is a team that wins promotion. If Clingan doesnt want to sign an extension then he has no desire to be part of the building of a Norwich ''team''. What is the point in paying £1.25m for a player that will be quality for four months, agree a bosman in January, and the spend the last 5 months of the season thinking about his move to Fulham / Cardiff etc.  We have had that before. He has left a club on a bosman before.

Lay it on the line. Clingan, will you sign a one year extension with a release clause in the summer? If not sorry we cant afford to spend £1.25m on you.

We would be the stupidest club in the country to keep him, what is he really worth? Lets say Fulham gave him £520k a year (10k a week) on a four year deal, and paid £1m for him. They are spending £3m for Clingan for four years. Thats 750k a season, 500k a season less then we would pay to keep him for this year.

Do you realise how skint we are? We have no money, we are a league on club with a league one income next year (no championship tv money, no championship prize money, hardly any away tickets sold, loads of high earning players stuck on the payroll).  How the hell can we pay Premiership money out for players?

[/quote] Afraid if you think we can go out and buy a shed load of players for around £200,000 they will be good enough to get out of this division its you living in a dream world , Leeds have a £3 million rated striker and they havent managed it yet .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid if you think we can go out and buy a shed load of players for around £200,000 they will be good enough to get out of this division its you living in a dream world , Leeds have a £3 million rated striker and they havent managed it yet .
[/quote]

I thought Leeds paid just 45K for Beckford?

In the currect economic climate, transfer fees will be our last budget consideration IMHO

There will be lots of quality free agents available as many teams are letting better players go to trim their budgets.

Virtually any club that has had a decent budget in LG1 has finished in the playoff zone or above.

Thats why I support getting as much money in the playing budget as possible.

Nothing is 100% guranteed but money helps a lot in a division with many teams having home gates of less than 7000.

It depends on a various number of factors Ryan. You''re criticising posters for demanding that we keep Sammy but dealing in the same black and white arguments yourself..1) The 25k figure doesn''t take into account the wages of replacements. It also doesn''t take into account whether they will earn their wages as well as one of the few bright spots from last season.2) Conventional wisdom suggests you want to try and get out of this league at the first attempt. Leeds have got stuck in League One and Forest took their time getting back up. Leicester got back up at the first attempt last year by keeping hold of some of their most important players. We''ve already lost Marshall and Croft. How many more can we afford to lose?3) "6 goals last year" - Not bad for a holding midfielder I would suggest.4) How much are we going to get for Clingan? You state a £1million figure with confidence. More importantly, how much of the transfer fee will the manager get to spend?I usually agree that if a player wants to leave then you might as well cut your losses and get rid. But at the same time you need to calculate just how much that player gives to the team. I don''t buy this myth that in League One you have to hoof the ball to a big man and therefore we need Alan Lee. I think neat and tidy passers like Clingan are equally important and most importantly of all I think good footballers will beat bad footballers 90% of the time. If we got £1.5million plus for Clingan and got to spend the whole lot on replacements then it wouldn''t be a bad idea to get rid. If we''re going to get up to £1million (I''m thinking £750,000 plus add ons) and of that we get £400,000 to spend I can''t really see the point.Good post though mate, you''ve obviously given it a bit of thought [Y]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]It''s all good selling him, making & saving money at the same time, but so many times before we''ve sold players like him for profit and the money has just dissapeared completely into Carrow Road''s financial black hole - I''d certainly back the Clingan sale if it meant we brought in 3 or 4 decent League 1 players with the cash, but you and I both know that won''t happen.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Leeds Squad

Casper Ankergen    - Undisclosed

Frazer Richardson - Youth

Paul Huntingdon - Undisclosed

Rui Marques - Bosman

Lubomir Michalik - Undisclosed

David Putton - Free Transfer

Neil Kilkenny - £150k

Jermaine Beckford - 45k

Luciano Becchio - Free Transfer

Alan Sheehan - Free Transfer

Mike Grella - Free Transfer

Johnny Howson - Youth

Fabian Delph - Youth

Bradley Johnson - 250k

Andy Robinson - Free Transfer

Ben Parker - Youth

Tresor Kandol - 200k

Enoch Showmuni - Free Agent

Andy Hughes - Undisclosed

Robert Snowgrass - Bosman

Peter Sweeney - Undisclosed

Tom Elliott - Youth

Jonathan Webb -Youth

Aidan White -Youth

Richard Naylor - Free

OH DEAR IT APPEARS THAT IT IS INDEED YOU THAT IS LIVING IN A DREAMWORLD PAL.  WE ARE IN LEAGUE ONE NOW MATE, STOP THE DENIAL AND GET TO GRIPS WITH THE FACT THAT OUR CLOTH HAS TO BE CUT ACCORDINGLY. LEEDS HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAY OFFS TWO YEARS IN A ROW WITH A TEAM FULL OF YOUTH PLAYERS AND FREE AGENTS, NO £1M SIGNINGS THERE MATE.

IF YOU ARE STILL IN DOUBT THEN I WOULD HAPPILY DO ONE FOR THE PETERBOROUGH SQUAD TOO IF YOU WISH, WE HAVE NO MANDARIC MATE, JUST DEAL WITH IT.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]as much as i''d love to agree a deal 4 him, can we not wait til jan n c how we''re goin?[/quote]

Jimmy mate I dont know how many times we have to say this, but Clingan can sign a bosman contract in January if he wishes, and even if we sold him he would be pretty much worthless at that point, 300k tops.

But everyone keeps saying these "free agents" are the dregs and not good enough.....[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote] So we get 5 super cheap players for the £1million , good plan indeed if we are looking to stay in league 1 for the time being . If we have any ambition to get back to the Championship you are going to need that bit of class that comes with a Clingan and Hoolahan .[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid if you think we can go out and buy a shed load of players for around £200,000 they will be good enough to get out of this division its you living in a dream world , Leeds have a £3 million rated striker and they havent managed it yet .[/quote]

I thought Leeds paid just 45K for Beckford?

In the currect economic climate, transfer fees will be our last budget consideration IMHO

There will be lots of quality free agents available as many teams are letting better players go to trim their budgets.

Virtually any club that has had a decent budget in LG1 has finished in the playoff zone or above.

Thats why I support getting as much money in the playing budget as possible.

Nothing is 100% guranteed but money helps a lot in a division with many teams having home gates of less than 7000.

[/quote]

Quote |BA:

"Me too. Sign or Cheerio, rather spend it on a new pink shagpile carpet in the boardroom than pay inflated wages to players. The players have been shafting clubs, and therefore you and me for too long"

Yes, i`m sure the fans of those footballing giants Hull, Stoke, Burnley, Preston, Bristol C., Swansea, Blackpool, Plymouth etc., etc. feel well and truly shafted by their players don`t they......?[8-)] 

But then they are playing for ambitious, driven, inspiring clubs rather than the whining defeatists we are lumbered with and people like you consistantly support.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]That''s ok because he is NOT Premier League Quality.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote] Afraid if you think we can go out and buy a shed load of players for around £200,000 they will be good enough to get out of this division its you living in a dream world , Leeds have a £3 million rated striker and they havent managed it yet .[/quote]

Leeds Squad

Casper Ankergen    - Undisclosed

Frazer Richardson - Youth

Paul Huntingdon - Undisclosed

Rui Marques - Bosman

Lubomir Michalik - Undisclosed

David Putton - Free Transfer

Neil Kilkenny - £150k

Jermaine Beckford - 45k

Luciano Becchio - Free Transfer

Alan Sheehan - Free Transfer

Mike Grella - Free Transfer

Johnny Howson - Youth

Fabian Delph - Youth

Bradley Johnson - 250k

Andy Robinson - Free Transfer

Ben Parker - Youth

Tresor Kandol - 200k

Enoch Showmuni - Free Agent

Andy Hughes - Undisclosed

Robert Snowgrass - Bosman

Peter Sweeney - Undisclosed

Tom Elliott - Youth

Jonathan Webb -Youth

Aidan White -Youth

Richard Naylor - Free

OH DEAR IT APPEARS THAT IT IS INDEED YOU THAT IS LIVING IN A DREAMWORLD PAL.  WE ARE IN LEAGUE ONE NOW MATE, STOP THE DENIAL AND GET TO GRIPS WITH THE FACT THAT OUR CLOTH HAS TO BE CUT ACCORDINGLY. LEEDS HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAY OFFS TWO YEARS IN A ROW WITH A TEAM FULL OF YOUTH PLAYERS AND FREE AGENTS, NO £1M SIGNINGS THERE MATE.

IF YOU ARE STILL IN DOUBT THEN I WOULD HAPPILY DO ONE FOR THE PETERBOROUGH SQUAD TOO IF YOU WISH, WE HAVE NO MANDARIC MATE, JUST DEAL WITH IT.

[/quote] And what league are that squad in you mouthy little prick , League 1 and have been for how many years , oh yes lets follow their example maybe we can stay here years too , with supporters as brain dead as you Ryan no wonder this club is at an all time low .Impressed with your big letters though , maybe you feel a big man writing big ? pillock .

We could sell him now and sign a load of average players and settle down to life in mid-table league 1 or we could try something new like having AMBITION, keep Clingan, Hoolahan, Doherty etc and try and get promoted. If he then walks away for nothing the financial benefits of our promotion back to the championship will make up for the loss of a transfer fee. Also our board/managers have a terrible track record with re-investing the funds of sales of quality players.Ashton - Earnshaw - Cureton