Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

SAME OLD SAME OLD!

Once again the spin comes out of Carrow Road from the appointed manager regarding transfer dealings or the lack of it......''everyone is on holiday at the minute (other managers/agents etc etc etc.....but we are making lots of calls.....there is nothing to report blah blah blah).......

So just why is it that city''s reported ''targets'' are snapped up by other clubs (EDP today)........when we are 20 days away from reporting back to pre-season training.

And the club give a deadline to the 18th June for supporters to leaver their rebate cash which is to be doubled by FOULGER for the transfer kitty......11 days before reporting back for pre-season training.

Once again we will be left fielding for the scraps that are available after the decent players (if there are any at this level) have already moved on.........just as we did during the beleaguered reign of Worthington, Grant and the moron Roeder.........and we all know just here that has left us!

FFS who is running this gravy train at this moment in time.......I for one am getting seriously annoyed.......WHY DO YOU NOT LEARN FROM THE PREVIOUS MISTAKES DELIA & CO, get on with making this club great again......now.

[quote user="porkyp"]

Once again the spin comes out of Carrow Road from the appointed manager regarding transfer dealings or the lack of it......''everyone is on holiday at the minute (other managers/agents etc etc etc.....but we are making lots of calls.....there is nothing to report blah blah blah).......

So just why is it that city''s reported ''targets'' are snapped up by other clubs (EDP today)........when we are 20 days away from reporting back to pre-season training.

And the club give a deadline to the 18th June for supporters to leaver their rebate cash which is to be doubled by FOULGER for the transfer kitty......11 days before reporting back for pre-season training.

Once again we will be left fielding for the scraps that are available after the decent players (if there are any at this level) have already moved on.........just as we did during the beleaguered reign of Worthington, Grant and the moron Roeder.........and we all know just here that has left us!

FFS who is running this gravy train at this moment in time.......I for one am getting seriously annoyed.......WHY DO YOU NOT LEARN FROM THE PREVIOUS MISTAKES DELIA & CO, get on with making this club great again......now.

[/quote]

Well I think the damn cook should be applauded, for appointing the biggest, yes man puppet of a manager..........ever!

There really has been minimal activity so far this month, that is not to say that other managers have not been laying the groundwork for transfers.

I think it is a bit soon to be slating Gunn''s transfer policy as until the window shuts and we see what we have, it is hard to say whether he is playing a smart game or not.  Just because the noises that are coming out of CR sound familiar, it does not mean we are going to make all the same mistakes again.

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

From latest PU story:

Of Gunn: But he said he had a clear idea of his budget as he tries to rebuild for the League One campaign.

“I know what I am working with. I have been speaking to the directors and will continue to work very closely with them,” he said.

THIS CLEARLY IS AT ODDS WITH WHAT OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM HAVE STATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing stock!

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

From latest PU story:

Of Gunn: But he said he had a clear idea of his budget as he tries to rebuild for the League One campaign.

“I know what I am working with. I have been speaking to the directors and will continue to work very closely with them,” he said.

THIS CLEARLY IS AT ODDS WITH WHAT OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM HAVE STATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing stock!

[/quote]

Exactly!

Canary tom wrote

Yea, and look at the amount of tranfers that have actually already been done this month

Looks like there are quite a few teams that are in exactly the same boat!

Deals will be done later in the month so hold your horses before spouting off

What a cracking reply........to be precise 63 transfers have occurred since 11th May 2009. And yes there will be many more in the future, but as with the last 63 they won''t include NCFC. They are the only ones holding their horses, as the have continually done over the last several years, simply because they do not want to be paying contracts before the next season commences.....it only goes without saying that historically the players we have signed in the last 3/4 years have done exceptionally well for us when signed at the death, haven''t they, that''s exactly why we are starting in Div 1 this season.

I am not spouting off as you put it, its fact.

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » SAME OLD SAME OLD!

And of those 63, how many are decent players? I bet the majority were either unattached or free transfers

We need bodies in.  Some won''t be "decent" in the sense we all would like.  We should be twice as active as nearly any other club in the football league as we have twice as many gaps to fill - yet not one of the 63 has come our way, and one of our targets has chosen to play in front of half the fans in Milton Keynes which does not say much for the "big club" thoughts people are having for us in league one[quote user="canarytom"]And of those 63, how many are decent players? I bet the majority were either unattached or free transfers[/quote]

[quote user="canarytom"]

Yea, and look at the amount of tranfers that have actually already been done this month

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8076956.stm

Looks like there are quite a few teams that are in exactly the same boat!

[/quote]

I don''t think so.  No other club has a squad as depleted as ours.  Most will be looking for 3 or 4 more players but we need 8 or 9.

Gunns just coming out with every tired old excuse he has heard other managers use at Carrow Road before , just like his after match press conferences last season , he really does not inspire any confidence whatsoever .

porkyp wrote:

What a cracking reply........to be precise 63 transfers have occurred since 11th May 2009. And yes there will be many more in the future, but as with the last 63 they won''t include NCFC. They are the only ones holding their horses, as the have continually done over the last several years, simply because they do not want to be paying contracts before the next season commences.....it only goes without saying that historically the players we have signed in the last 3/4 years have done exceptionally well for us when signed at the death, haven''t they, that''s exactly why we are starting in Div 1 this season.

I am not spouting off as you put it, its fact.

I assume you will be retracting that statement now?

Yes other teams haven''t done much business in transfers but how many clubs have got to rebuild a complete new team?????