Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Gunn - Signings Imminent!! - Bosnich??

Surprise Surprise Norwich City''s transfer targets are now going elsewhere; whoever thought that a player would prefer MK Dons over NCFC....that would have been unthinkable during our promotion season but thats history and thanks to Prudence Smith and her cronies we are now a laughing stock, make no mistake about it. Still, take heart, Gunny is hoping to make his first signing by the end of the week, now who could that be, and will it actually happen?? Perhaps Bosnich is on his way? Now that would signal NCFC''s current status and ambitions (lack of) for the future.

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

From latest PU story:

Of Gunn: But he said he had a clear idea of his budget as he tries to rebuild for the League One campaign.

“I know what I am working with. I have been speaking to the directors and will continue to work very closely with them,” he said.

THIS CLEARLY IS AT ODDS WITH WHAT OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM HAVE STATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing stock!

[quote user="Spartan"]Surprise Surprise Norwich City''s transfer targets are now going elsewhere; whoever thought that a player would prefer MK Dons over NCFC....that would have been unthinkable during our promotion season but thats history and thanks to Prudence Smith and her cronies we are now a laughing stock, make no mistake about it. Still, take heart, Gunny is hoping to make his first signing by the end of the week, now who could that be, and will it actually happen?? Perhaps Bosnich is on his way? Now that would signal NCFC''s current status and ambitions (lack of) for the future.[/quote]

Let me explain the story for you as perhaps you read it and did not quite understand it; Gunn said that he hoped to have his first player in by the end of the week but then went on to dismiss the idea of Bosnich joining.

True, but he also said Bosnich is contracted to a aussie team.

Which is true, but only over the close season. Therefore, he will be available on a free transfer for the start of the season.

Gunn''s comments are irrelevant, which probably means he will be our new no 1.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]True, but he also said Bosnich is contracted to a aussie team. Which is true, but only over the close season. Therefore, he will be available on a free transfer for the start of the season. Gunn''s comments are irrelevant, which probably means he will be our new no 1.[/quote]

That''s ridiculous reasoning. Gunn clearly and unambigiously rules out Bosnich as a possibility and if you read MFW, that too says that Bosnich has been ruled out as an option.

I think the comments of our manager, who has final say as to who is signed, are very relevant.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I think Gunn just says what he is told to say by the Board , lets be honest its the only reason he has the job .
[/quote]

Absolute rubbish.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]True, but he also said Bosnich is contracted to a aussie team. Which is true, but only over the close season. Therefore, he will be available on a free transfer for the start of the season. Gunn''s comments are irrelevant, which probably means he will be our new no 1.[/quote]

That''s ridiculous reasoning. Gunn clearly and unambigiously rules out Bosnich as a possibility and if you read MFW, that too says that Bosnich has been ruled out as an option.

I think the comments of our manager, who has final say as to who is signed, are very relevant.

[/quote]

Do you really believe that?

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes.

Where''s the evidence to show that our board gets any say when it comes to on the field matters? There isn''t any. Not a scrap of evidence. Because it doesn''t happen.

It seems to me people who believe this sort of nonsense believe it because they want to criticise the board in whatever way they can. They are responsible for many failings - but interfering in team matters is not one thing.

If anything, perhaps they can be guilty of giving too free a reign to managers, what with Glenn Roeder spending pretty much any remaining dregs of money on a continual tide of loanees.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="DEB never forgotten"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes.

Where''s the evidence to show that our board gets any say when it comes to on the field matters? There isn''t any. Not a scrap of evidence. Because it doesn''t happen.

It seems to me people who believe this sort of nonsense believe it because they want to criticise the board in whatever way they can. They are responsible for many failings - but interfering in team matters is not one thing.

If anything, perhaps they can be guilty of giving too free a reign to managers, what with Glenn Roeder spending pretty much any remaining dregs of money on a continual tide of loanees.

[/quote]Well said.