Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Exeter fans think that were arrogant.

Loads of them saying it on the Exeter forum.

And they are right, they have just won two promotions in a row and their star player has signed for another team in the SAME division.

To them they cannot fathom why we would be unhappy about that signing. To be honest I cannot either.

If we cannot sign the star players of championship teams, then we have to buy the star players of league one teams, and that is what we have done.

People may moan about Gunn, but you cant doubt the credentials of Peter Taylor who also wanted him, and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale who wanted to keep him. Good signing Gunny, now hurry up and get a few more, preferably a right winger and a goalkeeper as a matter of urgency.

Matthew Gilkes and Cleveland Taylor?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

And they are right, they have just won two promotions in a row and their star player has signed for another team in the SAME division.

To them they cannot fathom why we would be unhappy about that signing. To be honest I cannot either.

If we cannot sign the star players of championship teams, then we have to buy the star players of league one teams, and that is what we have done.

People may moan about Gunn, but you cant doubt the credentials of Peter Taylor who also wanted him, and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale who wanted to keep him. Good signing Gunny, now hurry up and get a few more, preferably a right winger and a goalkeeper as a matter of urgency.

[/quote]It will take awhile for the reality of our situation to register for a lot of supporters.

[quote user="ryan85k"]and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale 

[/quote]His name is PAUL Tisdale & he''ll will be managing bigger clubs than Gunn in the future!

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"][quote user="ryan85k"]and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale  [/quote]

His name is PAUL Tisdale & he''ll will be managing bigger clubs than Gunn in the future!
[/quote]

Ok so his name is Paul. But you only serve to prove my point, you may not trust Gunn, but you can certainly trust Paul Tisdale and Peter Taylor to judge a good player.

Good post Ryan. I agree, he can''t be a bad player as he was wanted by a few teams (including the one''s that he was originally with, so he must''ve impressed when he was there to be wanted when his contract ran out).

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"][quote user="ryan85k"]and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale  [/quote]His name is PAUL Tisdale & he''ll will be managing bigger clubs than Gunn in the future![/quote]

you can certainly trust Peter Taylor to judge a good player.

[/quote]hahaha!

I wonder just who/what gave them that idea ...eh Ryan?    (clue:- look in the mirror)

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Rob Edward is God"][quote user="ryan85k"]and you cant doubt the credentials of Steve Tisdale  [/quote]

His name is PAUL Tisdale & he''ll will be managing bigger clubs than Gunn in the future!
[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha!
[/quote]

Sod off back to your Golden Wonder stadium.

[quote user="mtv"]

I wonder just who/what gave them that idea ...eh Ryan?    (clue:- look in the mirror)

[/quote]

Give it a rest, I have been backing this signing, they are talking about the people slating Gill. Go and find one negative post from me today, I bet you cant, and I have only been courteous and polite on the Exeter forum today. They all say that we are in denial, and that is exactly what I have been saying.

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha!
[/quote]

Lol...... you only gave him £23m you tight sods!

Ok ok, but he has got a very good lower league record! 

He does have an unhealthy obsession with Junior Lewis though, agree?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]Give it a rest, I have been backing this signing, they are talking about the people slating Gill. Go and find one negative post from me today, I bet you cant, and I have only been courteous and polite on the Exeter forum today. They all say that we are in denial, and that is exactly what I have been saying.

[/quote]The vast majority of fans on here seem to moan about everything, I see Norwich as my second club for a number of reasons (thats why i read and sometimes post on here, whoever told me to sod off). There have been much bigger clubs than Norwich in this division and its proven its hard to get out of, how people can criticise this lad without knowing anything about him is unbelievable, theres a very good chance he''ll be very good this season. Accept where you are instead of moaning about the board, manager, players, etc at every given opportunity. Obviously there are times when you should vent your feelings but for gods sake just get on with it and give people a chance this season where you get a chance to start afresh. Leeds and Forest fans are/ were as bad when in league one, just moaning and couldnt accept where they were and what players they were looking at, hence staying in the division for more than 1 season. Leicester fans accepted it after a week or 2 and got on with and had a bloody good season so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything. It was obvious you would have to make serious cut backs, like every club who gets relegated and these are the types of players you will sign so get used to it.

[quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

"The way some of the Norwich fans are reacting on their forums I''m beginning to hope he reverts back to his Notts County form!"

"The arrogance of the Norwich fans is pathetic, Gilly will do well for them. All the best Matt, my player of the year this year, all the best mate."

"Hard to credit just how arrogant some of these fans are...& how far from the reality of their situation their perspectives are. For me, the most telling posts were the ones that reckoned Gilly had gone to be a squad player, & would be happy to sit on the bench..."

"I''m more than confident he''ll do an excellent job for Norwich and prove any doubters wrong."

"Doesn''t seem Norwich fans are that pleased. Don''t they realise that they are a league 1 club now?"

Doesnt sound like somebody that has been supporting his signing does it pal?

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

Give it a rest, I have been backing this signing, they are talking about the people slating Gill. Go and find one negative post from me today, I bet you cant, and I have only been courteous and polite on the Exeter forum today. They all say that we are in denial, and that is exactly what I have been saying.

[/quote]

so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything.

[/quote]

Why associate me with this statement? I have been supporting the signing, and you are also effectively saying that you hope we dont go up?

Well said. A pity it takes a Leicester fan to tell it straight to more than a few on here who just cannot accept where we are and what sort of player we should expect to be signing. Looks an excellent signing to me.

You live in Leicester? My daughter should be off to University of leicester in September as long as she gets the 2 A''s and a B at A level she needs. Have to say I thought Leicester was abit of a dump based on away games there but having spent a few days looking round the Uni and the city I have changed my mind. looks to be a really vibrant and modern city. She was most impressed with the Uni halls of residence right near Gary Linekers (or now his ex missus)  big house.

Dare say We might give your boys a look if I call up to see her at the weekend.

I have to say I am with Ryan on this one.I dont agree with a lot the board have done and I dont agree with Gunn bein appointed, but to slam a very well repsected player, who Exeter are GUTTED at losing without seeing him play is nothing short of a f*cking disgrace.Some people on here need to get a reality check.

[/quote]

"The way some of the Norwich fans are reacting on their forums I''m beginning to hope he reverts back to his Notts County form!"

"The arrogance of the Norwich fans is pathetic, Gilly will do well for them. All the best Matt, my player of the year this year, all the best mate."

"Hard to credit just how arrogant some of these fans are...& how far from the reality of their situation their perspectives are. For me, the most telling posts were the ones that reckoned Gilly had gone to be a squad player, & would be happy to sit on the bench..."

"I''m more than confident he''ll do an excellent job for Norwich and prove any doubters wrong."

"Doesn''t seem Norwich fans are that pleased. Don''t they realise that they are a league 1 club now?"

[/quote]

I really dont understand all the negativity surrounding this signing to be honest.  Played really well for Exeter last year, local lad coming back to his hometown club, this could be a great signing.

But it doesnt really matter what we do, its a no win situation for the club....

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]Give it a rest, I have been backing this signing, they are talking about the people slating Gill. Go and find one negative post from me today, I bet you cant, and I have only been courteous and polite on the Exeter forum today. They all say that we are in denial, and that is exactly what I have been saying.

[/quote]so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything. [/quote]

Why associate me with this statement? I have been supporting the signing, and you are also effectively saying that you hope we dont go up?

[/quote]Actually, i was supporting your views at the start and then went on to moan about the fans that are moaning.Also, how the hell am i saying i hope you dont go up? I want you to win the league and will go to several games this season as usual supporting your club, and the statement about ''in 12 months you will look back and think you looked stupid'' is aimed at the people who are moaning and when you are back in the championship in 12 months you will realise it was a good thing. Signing Gill is much better than signing some has been from the prem whos looking for a final pay packet.Your fans dont seem capable to accept outsiders views and are in the majority on here from what i have read are arrogant.Sorry if it offends you!!

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, i was supporting your views at the start and then went on to moan about the fans that are moaning.

Also, how the hell am i saying i hope you dont go up? I want you to win the league and will go to several games this season as usual supporting your club, and the statement about ''in 12 months you will look back and think you looked stupid'' is aimed at the people who are moaning and when you are back in the championship in 12 months you will realise it was a good thing.

Signing Gill is much better than signing some has been from the prem whos looking for a final pay packet.

Your fans dont seem capable to accept outsiders views and are in the majority on here from what i have read are arrogant.

Sorry if it offends you!!
[/quote]

Ok cool sorry, thought it was aimed at me.

You did say:-

"Leeds and Forest fans are/ were as bad when in league one, just moaning and couldnt accept where they were and what players they were looking at, hence staying in the division for more than 1 season. Leicester fans accepted it after a week or 2 and got on with and had a bloody good season so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything."

Thats a bit of a paradox isnt it? You are saying that if we moan we wont go up, and that you hope we look back in 12 months and feel a fool for moaning. If we look back and feel like fools in 12 months, that would mean that we wouldnt go up? Of course, those that moan could look back and feel like fools after we win the league ;-)

Anyway, I agree with your post!

exeter fans are right in saying a lot of norwich fans are arrogant... they can add to the list ''know nothing about football'' ''ignorant'' and ''thick'' !some of the posters on here really are hard to take seriously. gill is a decent signing and we should be pleased to have him. i am and i look forward to see him playing well for us next season.

[quote user="ACE"]I have to say I am with Ryan on this one.

I dont agree with a lot the board have done and I dont agree with Gunn bein appointed, but to slam a very well repsected player, who Exeter are GUTTED at losing without seeing him play is nothing short of a f*cking disgrace.

Some people on here need to get a reality check.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Well said Ace.

[quote user="The Chirp"]exeter fans are right in saying a lot of norwich fans are arrogant... they can add to the list ''know nothing about football'' ''ignorant'' and ''thick'' !

some of the posters on here really are hard to take seriously.

gill is a decent signing and we should be pleased to have him. i am and i look forward to see him playing well for us next season.
[/quote]

Thething is chirp I do''t take them seriously - they are the ones who would do nothing but gloat if we did not do well next year and also the same ones who would say ''I knew we could do it'' if we did do well - to slag off any new player is a disgrace when we are trying to get these players to do well for the club and the sooner most of these so called get their own heads out of their asses and realise we are now in Leagu 1 then the better  

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything. [/quote]

[/quote]Actually, i was supporting your views at the start and then went on to moan about the fans that are moaning.Also, how the hell am i saying i hope you dont go up? I want you to win the league and will go to several games this season as usual supporting your club, and the statement about ''in 12 months you will look back and think you looked stupid'' is aimed at the people who are moaning and when you are back in the championship in 12 months you will realise it was a good thing. Signing Gill is much better than signing some has been from the prem whos looking for a final pay packet.Your fans dont seem capable to accept outsiders views and are in the majority on here from what i have read are arrogant.Sorry if it offends you!![/quote]

Ok cool sorry, thought it was aimed at me.

You did say:-

"Leeds and Forest fans are/ were as bad when in league one, just moaning and couldnt accept where they were and what players they were looking at, hence staying in the division for more than 1 season. Leicester fans accepted it after a week or 2 and got on with and had a bloody good season so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything."

Thats a bit of a paradox isnt it? You are saying that if we moan we wont go up, and that you hope we look back in 12 months and feel a fool for moaning. If we look back and feel like fools in 12 months, that would mean that we wouldnt go up? Of course, those that moan could look back and feel like fools after we win the league ;-)

Anyway, I agree with your post!

[/quote]It probably wasnt put across in the best way and i didnt read over it to check it etc, basically i was saying that if your fans accept where you are and the sort of players you are going to sign, then it will be a lot better place to be. Leeds fans thought they were too good for league one in their 1st 2 seasons and failed to get out of it, same for forest and expected to walk every game, it wont be like that, if the whole club (not just the fans) think you will bounce back up straight away, then it seems like the club fails to achieve promotion straight away. Compared to leicester and scunthorpe who got on with it, got players in to get them out of the league, (we signed a lloyd dyer, a 26 year old winger who Mk dons released after he wouldnt accept a 1 year contract (like llera i think) and he turned out to be one of the best wingers in the league and scored about 10 goals) If your fans give Gunn, Gill and any other new players a chance and enjoy the year and accept where you are from now on, you have every chance of going up.

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The vast majority of fans on here seem to moan about everything, I see Norwich as my second club for a number of reasons (thats why i read and sometimes post on here, whoever told me to sod off). There have been much bigger clubs than Norwich in this division and its proven its hard to get out of, how people can criticise this lad without knowing anything about him is unbelievable, theres a very good chance he''ll be very good this season.

Accept where you are instead of moaning about the board, manager, players, etc at every given opportunity. Obviously there are times when you should vent your feelings but for gods sake just get on with it and give people a chance this season where you get a chance to start afresh. Leeds and Forest fans are/ were as bad when in league one, just moaning and couldnt accept where they were and what players they were looking at, hence staying in the division for more than 1 season. Leicester fans accepted it after a week or 2 and got on with and had a bloody good season so hopefully in 12 months you will look back and think what a fool you looked for moaning about everything.

It was obvious you would have to make serious cut backs, like every club who gets relegated and these are the types of players you will sign so get used to it.

[/quote]

mate don''t get it twisted the normal people don''t even come on here just the unemployed and virgins and somtimes both.

[quote user="WACCOLO"]

Signing Gill is much better than signing some has been from the prem whos looking for a final pay packet.Your fans dont seem capable to accept outsiders views and are in the majority on here from what i have read are arrogant.Sorry if it offends you!![/quote]Spot on about these 2. The Gill point is spot on, if he''s good I''ll get him on my new shirt [Y]The second point completely sums up this here messageboard!

Wonder why they got that impression Ryan, could it have been the posts you''ve done on there today [:)]

true , the standard of players norwich have had over the years has declined and relegation the end result.

we have no right to believe we will go straight back up and to be honest i dont think we will .

the whole squad has to be rebuilt due to glen roeder and grants poor management and it takes time to repair the damage .

we need to find players who will gell together in this leauge .

further more bring players in who could cope .

this wont be a walk in the park as we have no team to even consider it yet.

we need players who are going to roll thier sleeves up and want to play for norwich city not loan players who want some work experience .

the only difference between us and other teams in our division is our gates are higher than most  but lets face it our gates are higher than most in the championship and it did not help us then .

exeter more than likely have a stronger team than we do , ours is full of holes left from depaturing loan players and players who could not get out of the door quick enough .

this club needs stabilty and harmony and with the view to focus on the task in hand so do the fans .

[quote user="The Chirp"]exeter fans are right in saying a lot of norwich fans are arrogant... they can add to the list ''know nothing about football'' ''ignorant'' and ''thick'' !some of the posters on here really are hard to take seriously. gill is a decent signing and we should be pleased to have him. i am and i look forward to see him playing well for us next season.[/quote] I bet you were hailing Sibierski as a great signing last year and probably lots more over the last 4 years that have turned out to be complete crap .

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Can I just say that this is the best post I''ve seen in ages. I completely agree that a midfielder described by the Exeter fans as "having the biggest engine of any player" and someone that they will sorely miss is a great signing for us. A certain Gary Holt springs to mind upon hearing the opinions of others. 

One other thing I''d like to say, people were saying if we stayed up we should have been looking to the lower leagues for players, players who want to play for the club, give their all for the club, exactly like Mr Gill, so why are people disappointed? A player who has been the centre of Exeter''s rise to prominence, and a local boy so he wont need to take time to settle in.

Bryan Gunn has already signed Cody McDonald, and look how impressive he''s been in his few performances last season. To be fair to him, I''d never heard of him before we announced our interest, which is one of the reasons people are dismayed at this signing. There is already a bit of backlash about Gunny and his signings, and It''s totally unfair, I''m 100% behind him.

Cleveland Taylor would be on my list, but I''m not so sure about Gilks. I''m sure we could find another goalkeeper. I was thinking more of Owain Fon Williams from Stockport, who has been told he can leave for free because they can''t afford to pay him. Only 22. Perfect.

agreed what you have said .

not only that the standard of loan players gunn brought in were better .

mooney , and shacks .

norwich made thier name by buying lower leauge players and selling them on at a profit .

if mcdonald has a good season and scores a few we could make alot of money on him .

the damage had been done to this team long before gunn was made manager .

you cant make bad poor players good overnight .

glen roeder and grant walked away from the damage caused ,gunn has taken the flak and wanted to stay i have to give him credit for that .

after 10-15 games i will give my thoughts on gunn but half way through a season with no funds i cant blame gunn entirely on norwich citys long suffering decline .