Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

FAO: Cam

Hi Cam,

I believe a few of us are slightly intrigued as to why you choose to religously trawl this forum, like the rest of us.

You have made it clear in no uncertain terms that you are not a Norwich fan, I think that I am correct in saying that you are in fact a Colchester and Lincoln fan.

I personally do not have a problem with you posting on here, although I have never posted any more than 5 posts on a rival teams forum, so I do find it slightly odd that you have posted 3,500 times.

Really I was just wondering whether or not you could give one reason why you post on here, just out of curiosity. It may just be that you enjoy the forum and its people, or it may be to fulfil a specific objective e.g. for specific research reasons.

I dont like to question others motives, however I have seen numerous people ask why you post here, Im not talking about those who tell you to go away but those that simply ask why you choose to post here.

I believe that by simply explaining your reasons for being here people would be more accepting of your presence. I am aware that many will now present themselves in your defence with "league of gentleman" etc etc... but I cannnot think of one good reason why you are unable or unwilling to answer this question.

How about I go first? I post on this forum primarily because I want to keep on top of Norwich news, not that there is any at the moment, but also because I am a student and have far too much time on my hands. I also spend far too much time on the internet. I have been a Norwich fan since I was 8 years old.

Now you go.....

I notice that he is not around tonight and his jibes at Mel Lacey that he made last night on another thread have been removed.Now what could possibly have happened to him? Go on Cam tell me i am barking up the wrong tree..................if you can that is.

The sheer number of conspiracy theories on here amazes me [:(]It wouldn''t be so bad if the majority of them were not initiated by people who should probably know better [:$]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]The sheer number of conspiracy theories on here amazes me [:(]

It wouldn''t be so bad if the majority of them were not initiated by people who should probably know better [:$]
[/quote]

No conspiracy Shack,his two posts where he slagged off Mel Lacey have been removed from the thread.Seven days a week he is trawling this messageboard at around this time but tonight there is no sign of him.Just putting two and two together.

Any thoughts on the matter CA?

Considering the amount of purile garbage posted here, having a pop at one of the more interesting posters on here, with a sensible outsiders persective is kind of silly.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I notice that he is not around tonight and his jibes at Mel Lacey that he made last night on another thread have been removed.Now what could possibly have happened to him? Go on Cam tell me i am barking up the wrong tree..................if you can that is.[/quote]

I may have questioned the reasons for Cam posting on here, but I would back Cam over you anyday Mr Tilson, a few hours ago you were trying to get a moderator to ban me. So Im not going to sit in your corner for this one, its a shame that my post is now going to be used as a tool by you for some sort of childish tit for tat argument. I just want to know why he posts here. In fact, could you tell me how Mel Lacey is paid by NCISA? Are you not entirely donation supported or is Mel Lacey voluntary? because if I was donating to a body that has objectives to raise club funds, I would want to know whether any of that donation was being used to pay for a press officer.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Considering the amount of purile garbage posted here, having a pop at one of the more interesting posters on here, with a sensible outsiders persective is kind of silly.[/quote]

Firstly, I wasnt having a pop, I just want to know why he continously evades the same simple question, one which should have a simple answer.

I will point out that Cams "sensible outsiders perspective" has recently been mainly aimed at the Norwich Evening News and the NCISA.  Some of the stuff has been a lot deeper and personal than Norwich fans themselves tend to go.

I havent got anything against him, if anything I just want to understand him. I dont think thats too much to ask.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I notice that he is not around tonight and his jibes at Mel Lacey that he made last night on another thread have been removed.Now what could possibly have happened to him? Go on Cam tell me i am barking up the wrong tree..................if you can that is.[/quote]

My Dad got blown out by Archant for saying about Mr Lacey and  Archant but continues on Carrow road net.

The Masonic stuff is interesting, he says.

[quote user="Stalins girlfriend"]

My Dad got blown out by Archant for saying about Mr Lacey and  Archant but continues on Carrow road net.

[/quote]

So Cam has been banned from the forum?

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Stalins girlfriend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If that is true then it sucks.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Stalins girlfriend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If that is true then it sucks.[/quote]Stalins Girlfriend - are you The Girl Upstairs?I agree, I''d rather read Cam''s posts than a lot of the drivel on here.

Oh dear, what''s Cam done to upset Tilly now? If he''s been banned for merely making suggestions about NCISA''s allocation of funds to ''staff'' (I didn''t read his removed posts, just going by what is being said here) then its truly a sad day for this message board.  Perhaps Pete could clear things up, he usually knows the score?My understanding of Cam was that he trawls many message boards to get stories and rumours, etc, but that he hangs around this one in particular because of his daughter''s (The Girl Upstairs) support of our club.  He generally does talk sense and gives us all a fresh, outside perspective - which is why his villification by some is unsurprising.Interesting to see The Girl Upstairs on here, though, if that is you Stalin''s Girlfriend?  I always felt you were conspicuous by your absence, so welcome! [Y]

Hi Ryan,

I believe a few of us are slightly intrigued as to why you choose to religously fill this forum with swearing, negativity and patronising posts against others.

You have made it clear in no uncertain terms that you are a Norwich fan, but I think that I am correct in saying that you are rivalling Wizard and Smudger for the position as board''s most unpleasant person.

I personally do not have a problem with you posting on here, although I have never seen so many patronising posts on any team''s forum, so I do find it slightly odd that you have posted 907 times.

Really I was just wondering whether or not you could give one reason why you post so patronisingly on here, just out of curiosity. It may just be that you enjoy patronising people, or it may be to fulfil a specific objective e.g. to fulfil some strange desire.

I dont like to question others motives, however I have seen numerous people insulted by your posts here, Im not talking about those who tell you to go away but those that simply ask why you choose to post in such patronising ways.

I believe that by simply explaining your reasons for being grumpy, people would be more accepting of your presence. I am aware that many will now present themselves in your defence with "league of gentleman" etc etc... but I cannnot think of one good reason why you are unable or unwilling to answer this question.

How about I go first? I''m grumpy on this forum primarily because I think this forum as a whole thinks it''s far more representative of fans than it actually is. I get frustrated by the constant addition of posts that seem to claim they speak for all Norwich fans. 

Now you go.....

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Stalins girlfriend"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If that is true then it sucks.[/quote]Stalins Girlfriend - are you The Girl Upstairs?I agree, I''d rather read Cam''s posts than a lot of the drivel on here.[/quote]Agreed, he might not be a city fan, but his titbits and information is factful and second to none. He speaks sense and I like him being around here, although for some reason a lot of people don''t. At least he''s not assertive like we8wba...

I think Cams problem has come from his obvious hatred of the police and anything related past or present. Must be a press thing!

My only major disagreement with him was over statements made about Police officers whilst he was having yet another go at John Tilson. (ex police)

He then carried that over to an unwarrented  attack on Mel Lacey( ex police)

If he kept his views to football related matters then I found some of his late night input interesting.

However I believe him to be far too long in the tooth to alter that inate hatered now.

Our loss no doubt will be Lincolns gain[;)]

I can''t say I have ever had a problem with any of his posts and have found that an outsiders view is quite refreshing. It''s a shame that there is so much negativitity on this site that it tends to almost seem to border on downright hatred.

If Cam''s been removed from this forum - as others have, we will finish up with a seriously inferior product.

I found some of his recent rant against Mel Lacey spiteful and unpleasant. Likewise some of his comments about NCISA have seemed way off beam - however NCISA committee members - and I think I most likely am representing most who regularly use this forum, are quite capable of responding to Cam. So is Mel Lacey.

So Archant, what is this about? This board has been particularly valuable over the past few weeks. Don''t reduce its effectiveness please.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

I may have questioned the reasons for Cam posting on here, but I would back Cam over you anyday Mr Tilson, a few hours ago you were trying to get a moderator to ban me. So Im not going to sit in your corner for this one, its a shame that my post is now going to be used as a tool by you for some sort of childish tit for tat argument. I just want to know why he posts here. In fact, could you tell me how Mel Lacey is paid by NCISA? Are you not entirely donation supported or is Mel Lacey voluntary? because if I was donating to a body that has objectives to raise club funds, I would want to know whether any of that donation was being used to pay for a press officer.

[/quote]

To put the record straight Mel Lacy is NOT being paid by NCISA. His efforts are totally voluntary like the rest of us. In the 12 years I have been with NCISA none of the committee has claimed so much as a postage stamp from the funds, and if anything are often out of pocket.

[quote user="Daphne"]If Cam''s been removed from this forum - as others have, we will finish up with a seriously inferior product.

I found some of his recent rant against Mel Lacey spiteful and unpleasant. Likewise some of his comments about NCISA have seemed way off beam - however NCISA committee members - and I think I most likely am representing most who regularly use this forum, are quite capable of responding to Cam. So is Mel Lacey.

So Archant, what is this about? This board has been particularly valuable over the past few weeks. Don''t reduce its effectiveness please.[/quote]Thoroughly agree with Daphne here - so Cam lost his rag a bit and said a few things he shouldn''t have - the offending posts have been removed and it''s not like he makes a habit of being consistently offensive and personal. When you think of some of the posters that are allowed to post childish and pathetic nonsense, it seems ridiculous to ban someone who 99.5% of the time has something interesting and worthwhile to say. God only knows, there aren''t many of those on here at the moment - it gives the impression that those running the forum are happier cleaning up after 1st Wizard than dealing with occasional outbursts from otherwise insightful individuals.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]It''s one thing to spend so much time on a message board you don''t "belong on", it''s quite another to do so with an attitude of contempt and high-minded arrogance.[/quote]Nowhere in the terms of this forum is there a ban on arrogance - if there were, very few of us would still be here.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

With regard to trying to have you banned obviously you see nothing wrong with using obscene language towards a lady who posts on this messageboard.Sorry but i do!

Kathy has answered your question with regard to Mel Lacey so i hope that is now cleared up.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Thoroughly agree with Daphne here - so Cam lost his rag a bit and said a few things he shouldn''t have - the offending posts have been removed and it''s not like he makes a habit of being consistently offensive and personal. When you think of some of the posters that are allowed to post childish and pathetic nonsense, it seems ridiculous to ban someone who 99.5% of the time has something interesting and worthwhile to say. God only knows, there aren''t many of those on here at the moment - it gives the impression that those running the forum are happier cleaning up after 1st Wizard than dealing with occasional outbursts from otherwise insightful individuals.[/quote]Agree entirely.  It does seem a little odd, but as I''ve said I''m sure whoever banned him had their reasons - Pete seems pretty happy to let us get on with it most of the time, slapping wrists where necessary.  Some comment would be forthcoming, otherwise it all just smacks of conspiracy theory.....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]it gives the impression that those running the forum are happier cleaning up after 1st Wizard than dealing with occasional outbursts from otherwise insightful individuals.

[/quote]

Maybe its because I don''t kiss arses blah, but stays within the bounds of libel law and I''m a paid up City fan![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]it gives the impression that those running the forum are happier cleaning up after 1st Wizard than dealing with occasional outbursts from otherwise insightful individuals.[/quote]

Maybe its because I don''t kiss arses blah, but stays within the bounds of libel law and I''m a paid up City fan![:|]

[/quote]I am refraining from telling you what I think because it is inappropriate for this thread.  However, keeping you and losing Cam is a victory for dumbing down in my opinion.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]it gives the impression that those running the forum are happier cleaning up after 1st Wizard than dealing with occasional outbursts from otherwise insightful individuals.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am refraining from telling you what I think because it is inappropriate for this thread.  However, keeping you and losing Cam is a victory for dumbing down in my opinion.
[/quote]

Then hooray for me then.

So long, bon voyage, arrivederci, goodbye,

good riddance, peace out, don''t come back around here no more, hasta la vista baby.