Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Bosnich

David James once went through a bad patch in his game which he put down to too much video gaming which messed up his reaction times.I found this on cocaine abuse and reaction times...Chronic cocaine and heroin users display a variety of central nervous

system (CNS) dysfunctions including impaired attention, learning,

memory, reaction time, cognitive flexibility, impulse control and

selective processing.When someone gets clean, do these facilities come back ?  I guess if Bosnich has lost his ability to react quickly, then that will be apparent in the games he is playing.  To be honest I''m not that bothered by what he has done - I know people who have done worse and they still work.  What bothers me is if he is still capable, if he isn''t we shouldn''t be within 100 miles of considering him.

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Mate just texted to ask if anyone had heard about the headline on the billboards around the city.  Bosnich for City.

I thought he was joking but he is sure that it refers to Junkie Mark Bosnich.

anybody seen or heard anything

[/quote]Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not. [/quote]

Taking the off bit of cocaine probably doesnt make you a junkie, but Bosnich wasnt taking the ''odd'' bit of cocaine. He was spending about £3,000 a week on the stuff. Personally I do think that makes him a bit of a junkie.

In fairness to the bloke though, he sorted himself out before things got worse (e.g. pipes), he didnt exactly graduate to running away on 3 day drink and drug binges like gazza.

[/quote]To be fair the branded coke costs about 3 times more than own brand coke.[/quote]this is in no way endorsing him but...branding him a junkie is wrong, you dont get coke junkies, the people who beg/steal/sell themselves for drugs aren''t stealing for their coke habit as it is not that kind of drug, and to say that he had a £3000 a week ''problem'' is rubbish too, to have a 3 grands worth of coke a week means snoting on average 11 grams a day, which is, frankly, impossible. the story is simply that a young millionaire met a few people who liked partying and he probably paid for them to party with him. could happen and does happen to a lot of people with too much money and time on their hands, like he obviously was,  if he was a rock star we wouldn''t bat an eyelid, but the problem was that he is an athlete and it is not a healthy thing to do if you are in that position.i imagine the majority of people on here, if you judge them by recommended alcohol consumption, would be alcoholics (if you drink more than 12 pints a week apparently), but i daresay they will disagree.newspapers always brand all drugs the same, but the fact is they''re not, taking the odd spliff/pill/line does not make you a junkie, the same as having 12 pints on a saturday and about 6 more during the week does not make you an alcoholic.    sorry, rant over. 

Bosnich opens up about cocaine problem

November 15, 2004

Mark Bosnich

Mark BosnichPhoto: Reuters

Disgraced former Socceroo Mark Bosnich says he''s lived a ''Life

of Riley'' and still takes cocaine.

But Bosnich, who happily accepts his career is over, insists his

battle with drugs is "totally under control" after his intake

peaked at 10 grams a day during the darkest period of his life.

Bosnich spiralled deep into depression after being sacked by

English glamour club Chelsea two years ago, but says he now has no

regrets after finally reconciling with his family following 18

months of personal heartache.

"There was a stage where I got up to 10 grams (of cocaine) a day

when I was really down in the dumps," Bosnich told SBS''s The

World Game program yesterday.

"And I basically have got it kicked. I have my occasional

slip-ups, but we''re not talking anywhere near that (amount) ...

it''s completely under control.

"I''m fit and as healthy as I can be. The main thing is that

every morning I wake up I''m still breathing, so I''m very lucky to

be able to do that."

The 32-year-old maintains he became hooked on cocaine out of

love for British model Sophie Anderton, saying for every line she

had he had to have one too.

"It was something I did out of sacrifice," he said.

"Looking back in hindsight, people might say I was stupid.

There''s a fine line between being brave and being stupid.

"I still believe the reason I took it up was for the right

reason because it helped somebody else."

The former Aston Villa and Manchester United star knows he has

some way to go before he is fully back on the straight and

narrow.

"I''m not going to sit here and say I''ve totally kicked the

habit," said the London resident.

"It''s like an alcoholic saying he''s never going to touch another

drink again. That''s putting the death knell on someone.

"I have got an addictive personality. The most important thing

is to get back into good habits and shelve the bad ones.

"Which is what I''ve done, and coming back from that type of

level without going to any rehab is pretty good achievement in four

months."

Bosnich, for many years considered one of the world''s premier

goalkeepers, says he has no reason for wanting to turn back the

clock after his axing from Chelsea destroyed his career.

"In terms of that whole general period, if it was a mistake,

then I''ll take it every time," he said.

"All I did was fall in love with someone and care about them

deeply and I put them ahead of everything and so be it.

"As Martin Luther King said ''life is not worth living unless you

find something worth dying for''.

"And at that time, for me, that person was more important than

football.

"How can you say things went wrong when, at the end of the day,

I was fortunate enough to play with probably the biggest club in

the world and two other fantastic clubs?

"I won every major trophy that there was to win that I set out

to do, besides the FA Cup, and you can''t have everything.

"I had a fantastic living out of doing something that I love. I

don''t see it as where it went wrong. I just look at the things that

went right.

"Now when I look back, I look back and smile and look forward

and dream."

In the most revealing interview of his career, Bosnich concedes

to always having "been a bit crazy", but says he is also passionate

about everything he does.

For that reason, he says, people must accept the bad with his

good.

"I am what I am. You either like me or love me," Bosnich

said.

"If you''re going to ask me to pull out all stops to help you win

a game, I''ll do that, away from home in front of a 1000,000 hostile

fans.

"But if you''re going to ask me after that night when I''m

chatting around four or five girls that I have to be in at 12.30,

one on the dot, then I ain''t going to do it.

"You can''t have it both ways with me.

"I am no ambassador, I never claimed to be.

"Only god can judge us. My only responsibility is to myself and

my close family.

"The only person I really let down was myself and I only spoke

to my mother and father for the first time in 18 months about two

weeks ago because of this whole situation.

"I said sorry once. But I said, on the other hand, ''for 15

years, I made you very, very proud''.

"I messed up, I made one mistake. I said sorry ... it''s how you

atone for that mistake and how you come back from it. I don''t get

paid for having responsibility. I get paid for what I do for 90

minutes on a Saturday or on a Wednesday night."

But there will be no more Wednesday or Saturday on-field

performances.

"I had a fantastic time playing football. It was very, very good

to me. I am a very, very fortunate boy to have done what I''ve done,

but I think I might just leave it at that," he said.

Bosnich, who was earning more than $100,000 a week at Manchester

United and then Chelsea, said his decision to hang up his boots was

not about money.

He has simply lost the desire.

Although Bosnich hasn''t watched a game since being banned two

years ago, he''s anything but bitter.

"I was very fortunate. The contract I signed at 21, when I was

at Aston Villa, made me a millionaire, and I''m talking about

English pounds," he said.

"Then everything went stupid ... it went into ridiculous figures

when I went to Manchester United.

"So I was very, very fortunate and that''s why I said I will

never look back and say football owes me this and that I was hard

done by.

"I''m 32 years of age and I''m living in one of the most expensive

areas in the world."

Bosnich won''t be watching the Socceroos when they play Norway in

a friendly in London on Tuesday night, but hopes his old team

ultimately qualifies for the 2006 World Cup - for the sake of the

late Johnny Warren, who he described as "our Sir Bobby Charlton",

and for Australia''s long-suffering fans.

"Maybe I''ll send them a bouquet of flowers or something if they

qualify but I''ll be watching the rugby league," he said.

"It would be a fitting tribute if the boys did qualify for the

next World Cup. That would make me really happy."

hey, i''m not being frank, just putting my opinion across, which is that certain newpapers take certain points of a story and ''enhance them'' to make them more news worthy, such as anyone who takes any illegal substance is immediately a junkie, which usually they are not,  and when someone admits to sometimes snorting upto 10 grams a day it is a £3000 a week habit, which is just using basic math to make their habit seem worse than it is. that''s all.nice username by the way.  

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!Comon Crook! You are smarter than that! When Bosnich played for Central Coast no-one liked him! Why? Because he has a big issue with his ego! Nothing he has gone through has humbled him at all! It was very easy to see that no-one from Central Coast liked him on the pitch at all!The ONLY reason he even got a gig at Central Coast was because their usual No. 1 was suspended for 5 matches for pushing a ref and their back up was rubbish. Central Coast saw $$$$ by playing an apparent "Star" for a few matches as a stunt.If he was any good than he would of already found a club and wouldn''t have to play for Sydney Olympic, who are only playing him because since the old NSL fell apart and they went back to the NSWPL they have been struggling to attract sponsorship.....see where this is going?Bosnich is nothing more than an overweight coke addict with a bad hair cut and a big big ego! Please for the sake of the club don''t do it! If you have to look at keepers from over here look at, Micheal Theoklitos, Liam Reddy & Eugene Galekovic all are decent keepers and far, far better than Bosnich.

Undoubtedly mark bosnich traveled down a destructive road and it is easy to record unfavorable comments about him. However T.V have used him in Australia for his comments on live matches and he has expressed his views with clarity and intelligence and clearly demonstrated that what ever his past drug involvement has been his reasoning capacity and judgement is spot on. He played a few games in our A League last season and performed ok but his time was cut short by a muscle injury as I remember.

Ive known of several ex Norwich players to take cocaine on regular occasion, how I know I wont go into. And when I say ex, some are still playing.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]David James once went through a bad patch in his game which he put down to too much video gaming which messed up his reaction times.I found this on cocaine abuse and reaction times...Chronic cocaine and heroin users display a variety of central nervous

system (CNS) dysfunctions including impaired attention, learning,

memory, reaction time, cognitive flexibility, impulse control and

selective processing.When someone gets clean, do these facilities come back ?  I guess if Bosnich has lost his ability to react quickly, then that will be apparent in the games he is playing.  To be honest I''m not that bothered by what he has done - I know people who have done worse and they still work.  What bothers me is if he is still capable, if he isn''t we shouldn''t be within 100 miles of considering him.[/quote]I still remain to be convinced that we are actually interested in him. Crook didn''t say so - he just said we are looking for a goalkeeper. He obviously knows Bosnich from his Oz days and was simply having lunch with him.

Bosnich was never coming to Carra.....It''s a classic diversionary technique - to deflect things away from ''other matters''.... 

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]O dear O dear.  was hopeing he was wrong[/quote]

The bloke is a confirmed, emotional car crash Kenny.

[quote user="Wayne G"] how I know I wont go into. And when I say ex, some are still playing.[/quote]

make a good living out of supplying did you?

jas :)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Bosnich was never coming to Carra.....It''s a classic diversionary technique - to deflect things away from ''other matters''.... [/quote]...Or a non-story cobbled together from a piece in another paper on a slow news day.  So who is doing the diverting ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Bosnich was never coming to Carra.....It''s a classic diversionary technique - to deflect things away from ''other matters''.... [/quote]

...Or a non-story cobbled together from a piece in another paper on a slow news day.  So who is doing the diverting ?
[/quote]

Possibly someone running a ''thriving'' business......and has been, since December 2003? 

Maybe ''''bringbackchippy'''' can enlighten us about the Bosnich situation.

[quote user="plan b"][quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Mate just texted to ask if anyone had heard about the headline on the billboards around the city.  Bosnich for City.

[/quote]

Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not.
[/quote]

Taking the off bit of cocaine probably doesnt make you a junkie, but Bosnich wasnt taking the ''odd'' bit of cocaine. He was spending about £3,000 a week on the stuff. Personally I do think that makes him a bit of a junkie.

In fairness to the bloke though, he sorted himself out before things got worse (e.g. pipes), he didnt exactly graduate to running away on 3 day drink and drug binges like gazza.

[/quote]

To be fair the branded coke costs about 3 times more than own brand coke.
[/quote]
this is in no way endorsing him but...
branding him a junkie is wrong, you dont get coke junkies, the people who beg/steal/sell themselves for drugs aren''t stealing for their coke habit as it is not that kind of drug, and to say that he had a £3000 a week ''problem'' is rubbish too, to have a 3 grands worth of coke a week means snoting on average 11 grams a day, which is, frankly, impossible. the story is simply that a young millionaire met a few people who liked partying and he probably paid for them to party with him. could happen and does happen to a lot of people with too much money and time on their hands, like he obviously was,  if he was a rock star we wouldn''t bat an eyelid, but the problem was that he is an athlete and it is not a healthy thing to do if you are in that position.
i imagine the majority of people on here, if you judge them by recommended alcohol consumption, would be alcoholics (if you drink more than 12 pints a week apparently), but i daresay they will disagree.
newspapers always brand all drugs the same, but the fact is they''re not, taking the odd spliff/pill/line does not make you a junkie, the same as having 12 pints on a saturday and about 6 more during the week does not make you an alcoholic.   
sorry, rant over.

[/quote]

Not that I need to respond to this, after it was confirmed that Bosnich was doing 10 grammes a day, but I feel the need to correct your maths. You claim that he would need to do 11 grams a day. Now, it is well know among many that the street price of 1gm is £50. There are 7 days in one week. 7 days x 11 = 77 grams a week. 77 x 50 = £3850.

Add to that the fact that Bosnich would be paying London prices, which can often reach £60 a gram, and those 11 per day would be £4620. He would in fact have to do 8.5 grammes a day at £50 a gram to spend £3,000 a week on coke.

To suggest that coke "isnt that kind of drug" is a stupidly niave comment. It is exactly the same substance chemically as crack cocaine as far as the body is concerned, its just that 7% of people that snort cocaine become addicted. 90% of people that take it in a smoked form become addicted.  If you were to put cocaine in a cigarette and smoke it, you are effectively taking the same substance as crack, and may as well start piping the stuff.

Quite frankly you are an idiot to underestimate cocaine, as it is cocaine users that become addicted and begin to smoke the powdered form that tend to graduate to the piped form. Somebody that had sunk as low as to sit there and snort line after line of coke 24 hours a day (e.g. Bosnich) would have very few boundaries left, and probably would not hesitate to start smoking it for the buzz.

To suggest that people do not steal for cocaine habits also makes you very niave. It is an addictive substance, albeit only 7% of users are addicted, but it is also one that costs a lot of money. There are alchoholics that steal and rob for drink, their are gambling addicts that steal and rob for fruit machines, their are shopping addicts that steal and rob to fund extravagent lifestyles, but cocaine is fine and is classified as class A for no reason?

I suspect that you yourself are a cocaine user who has adopted that mentality to convince yourself that it is perfectly socially acceptable. The truth is that cocaine users are idiots when high, such as an associate of mine that snorted too much of the stuff a few weeks ago and nearly killed himself and others in a car crash the other day.

Ask yourself who is talking ''rubbish''

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Wayne G"] how I know I wont go into. And when I say ex, some are still playing.[/quote]

make a good living out of supplying did you?

jas :)

[/quote]

No, but I know a relation of a friend was arrested who used to supply Norwich players.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="plan b"][quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]

[/quote]Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not. [/quote]

[/quote]To be fair the branded coke costs about 3 times more than own brand coke.[/quote]this is in no way endorsing him but...branding him a junkie is wrong, you dont get coke junkies, the people who beg/steal/sell themselves for drugs aren''t stealing for their coke habit as it is not that kind of drug, and to say that he had a £3000 a week ''problem'' is rubbish too, to have a 3 grands worth of coke a week means snoting on average 11 grams a day, which is, frankly, impossible. the story is simply that a young millionaire met a few people who liked partying and he probably paid for them to party with him. could happen and does happen to a lot of people with too much money and time on their hands, like he obviously was,  if he was a rock star we wouldn''t bat an eyelid, but the problem was that he is an athlete and it is not a healthy thing to do if you are in that position.i imagine the majority of people on here, if you judge them by recommended alcohol consumption, would be alcoholics (if you drink more than 12 pints a week apparently), but i daresay they will disagree.newspapers always brand all drugs the same, but the fact is they''re not, taking the odd spliff/pill/line does not make you a junkie, the same as having 12 pints on a saturday and about 6 more during the week does not make you an alcoholic.    sorry, rant over. [/quote]

Not that I need to respond to this, after it was confirmed that Bosnich was doing 10 grammes a day, but I feel the need to correct your maths. You claim that he would need to do 11 grams a day. Now, it is well know among many that the street price of 1gm is £50. There are 7 days in one week. 7 days x 11 = 77 grams a week. 77 x 50 = £3850.

Add to that the fact that Bosnich would be paying London prices, which can often reach £60 a gram, and those 11 per day would be £4620. He would in fact have to do 8.5 grammes a day at £50 a gram to spend £3,000 a week on coke.

To suggest that coke "isnt that kind of drug" is a stupidly niave comment. It is exactly the same substance chemically as crack cocaine as far as the body is concerned, its just that 7% of people that snort cocaine become addicted. 90% of people that take it in a smoked form become addicted.  If you were to put cocaine in a cigarette and smoke it, you are effectively taking the same substance as crack, and may as well start piping the stuff.

Quite frankly you are an idiot to underestimate cocaine, as it is cocaine users that become addicted and begin to smoke the powdered form that tend to graduate to the piped form. Somebody that had sunk as low as to sit there and snort line after line of coke 24 hours a day (e.g. Bosnich) would have very few boundaries left, and probably would not hesitate to start smoking it for the buzz.

To suggest that people do not steal for cocaine habits also makes you very niave. It is an addictive substance, albeit only 7% of users are addicted, but it is also one that costs a lot of money. There are alchoholics that steal and rob for drink, their are gambling addicts that steal and rob for fruit machines, their are shopping addicts that steal and rob to fund extravagent lifestyles, but cocaine is fine and is classified as class A for no reason?

I suspect that you yourself are a cocaine user who has adopted that mentality to convince yourself that it is perfectly socially acceptable. The truth is that cocaine users are idiots when high, such as an associate of mine that snorted too much of the stuff a few weeks ago and nearly killed himself and others in a car crash the other day.

Ask yourself who is talking ''rubbish''

[/quote]The maths provided does not take into account the fact that cocaine prices have halved in the UK in recent years, in 2000-2002 when Bosnich was alleged to have been spending £3k pw on Coke the street price was £80-£100 per gramme with ''specialist suppliers to the stars'' able to charge far more (circa £150pg) in return for a personal service and anonymity.Three grand a week at £100 per gramme is about 4g per day likely to be 2-3g personal per day and the rest shared and binge snorted at parties and social gatherings.30g per week is very ''do-able'' for a coke addict with the money.

Buckethead - who is actually going to be "together" enough to remember exactly how much coke they have done after that much coke ?