Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Bosnich

Mate just texted to ask if anyone had heard about the headline on the billboards around the city.  Bosnich for City.

I thought he was joking but he is sure that it refers to Junkie Mark Bosnich.

anybody seen or heard anything

The last time I saw or heard of Mark Bosnich was when we played QPR away in Grant''s last game. My daughter was the away mascot, and he was round the QPR bench (as was I as Gemma was on the pitch) pre-match. I heard that he was doing some coaching for them. 

I can''t find anything, but the Aussie link would fit with Crookie, was hopeing someone on here would have seen it too, it can''t be right

Saw on ssn the other day he has signed some sort of short term contact. Said that a few prem clubs were interested in him aswell and that he really wants to come back to england. Not sure about him really might be a bit too expensive and probably past it

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Mate just texted to ask if anyone had heard about the headline on the billboards around the city.  Bosnich for City.

[/quote]Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not.

The Pink''un has missed the angle on this story.Let''s look at the facts: Bosnich was a goalkeeper who played at the highest level, spent a long time out of football doing nothing, AND he has no previous management experience.He ticks all the boxes. Clearly Delia & Michael are lining him up as the next manager.

o) said]We never replaced the Goalie coach did we?  Use Rudd with Bosnich as cover plus Rudd gains from his experience.

Crichton

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]The Pink''un has missed the angle on this story.

Let''s look at the facts: Bosnich was a goalkeeper who played at the highest level, spent a long time out of football doing nothing, AND he has no previous management experience.

He ticks all the boxes. Clearly Delia & Michael are lining him up as the next manager.

[/quote]brilliant.....lol

economically it would be silly to go for Bosnich now - having just contracted himself to another team would mean we need to buy him just a few weeks after he was available for free. sounds like Norwich though, so wouldn''t be surprised

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]

[/quote]

Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not.
[/quote]

Taking the off bit of cocaine probably doesnt make you a junkie, but Bosnich wasnt taking the ''odd'' bit of cocaine. He was spending about £3,000 a week on the stuff. Personally I do think that makes him a bit of a junkie.

In fairness to the bloke though, he sorted himself out before things got worse (e.g. pipes), he didnt exactly graduate to running away on 3 day drink and drug binges like gazza.

IF Aussie player did fit Chippy''s bill, please sign Josh Kennedy, the kind of striker we needed

I understand Sophie Anderton is likely to replace Otsemobor at right back, which can only be positive. I suppose she''ll know where the line is!

Bosnichs problems aside he is 37 now.... not that that matters with keepers with many such as Seaman, Martyn and Friedel playing well into their 30''s.... they were regular players though.. Bosnich hasnt played competitivley in 8 years.... do we really want him in goal based on past "glories"?

jas :)

A bosnich of circa 1997 I''d be very happy with, sadly we''d have to leave it up to Gunny''s judgement, if he can''t spot a good goalie god help us!!!

Also I believe Paul Crichton is the goalie coach if that questions not been answered.

true that he has played very little but the games he has played in for central coast mariners, he has apparently been on form, so cant be too bad

i think he would be good for the club .

maybe its the type of player who has a point to prove .

lets face it in his time he has been one of the best keepers in england and he would do a good comander for the back line.

yes he has made mistakes , and gone bankrupt yet surely comming back to england to prove a point is the type of hungry player norwich need.

vastly experienced , hes not past it at all most keepers retire later than  outfield players how old was shilton ?.

he gets my vote great player ,

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]

[/quote]Taking the odd bit of cocaine doesn''t make somebody a junkie, just like having the odd pint doesn''t. It''s only because of our archaic drug laws that one is legal and the other not. [/quote]

Taking the off bit of cocaine probably doesnt make you a junkie, but Bosnich wasnt taking the ''odd'' bit of cocaine. He was spending about £3,000 a week on the stuff. Personally I do think that makes him a bit of a junkie.

In fairness to the bloke though, he sorted himself out before things got worse (e.g. pipes), he didnt exactly graduate to running away on 3 day drink and drug binges like gazza.

[/quote]To be fair the branded coke costs about 3 times more than own brand coke.