Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Loan City FC & Gunn NO Legend

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

To be fair i think MarshmallowMonkey makes a valid point about some people. People like Smudge, Wiz etc back up their points and have a genuine affection for the club, the two mentioned in the title to this thread simply just arn''t happy with anything the club does regardless.

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .
[/quote]

I think that you have just proved the OP right in everything that he just said.  The sooner you go to your GP for help the better.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

To be fair i think MarshmallowMonkey makes a valid point about some people. People like Smudge, Wiz etc back up their points and have a genuine affection for the club, the two mentioned in the title to this thread simply just arn''t happy with anything the club does regardless.

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .[/quote]

I think that you have just proved the OP right in everything that he just said.  The sooner you go to your GP for help the better.

[/quote] Afraid you just bore me little boy get back to reading your Roy of the Rovers annual .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid you just bore me little boy get back to reading your Roy of the Rovers annual .[/quote]Showing yer age there Loan City !  Classic case (as others on here are) of a loss of testosterone at a "certain age" turning previously happy men into moaning old housewives.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Afraid you just bore me little boy get back to reading your Roy of the Rovers annual .[/quote]Showing yer age there Loan City !  Classic case (as others on here are) of a loss of testosterone at a "certain age" turning previously happy men into moaning old housewives.[/quote] No i was referring to young Ryans claims yesterday that Gill scoring in front of the barclay would be real Roy of the Rovers stuff , obviously hes up on Roy and his Rovers.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Ryan: With the greatest of respect, the post I made in that particular thread was tongue in cheek as if you look I simply cut and pasted your own post and replaced a few words. I felt you were extremely patronising in that thread and was being satirical about it.

I thought you got that as you went on to make a spate of (very amusing) "Dear John" like letters to the dozen or so other people who replied to you.

As for you being negative, I think I called you unpleasant, not negative.

[/quote]

No you definetly called me negative, I cant disagree with the bits about being patronising and arrogant - thats a foregone conclusion - I just dont want to be labelled negative!

As for your OP, I actually agree with it [;)]  Particularly about Loan City FC, he does get firmly on my moobies. Cant say that I''ve noticed with Gunns No Legend, but his username says it all........

[/quote]

Ok, I do apologise Ryan, when it comes to the club I do not consider you negative whatsoever.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .
[/quote]

[/quote] Afraid you just bore me little boy get back to reading your Roy of the Rovers annual .
[/quote]

Showing yer age there Loan City !  Classic case (as others on here are) of a loss of testosterone at a "certain age" turning previously happy men into moaning old housewives.
[/quote] No i was referring to young Ryans claims yesterday that Gill scoring in front of the barclay would be real Roy of the Rovers stuff , obviously hes up on Roy and his Rovers.
[/quote]

It would be a much more entertaining read.

Marshmallowmonkey = 1 very sad little person who seems to think his opinion is the only one going , quite frankly with gutless wonders like you supporting the team its no wonder we find ourselves at an all time low .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

Can you name some managers YOU would be happy with?

Can you name some players YOU would be happy with?

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Marshmallowmonkey = 1 very sad little person who seems to think his opinion is the only one going , quite frankly with gutless wonders like you supporting the team its no wonder we find ourselves at an all time low .[/quote]Okay mate. Whatever.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll be honest. I can''t abide First Wizard. But every now and again, Wiz expresses an opinion or responds to a post which really makes me think and realise that he, like me, loves NCFC 100%. I will continue to poke fun and respond grumpily when he makes his usual daft suggestions, but if I were ever to meet the darling, I''d shake his hand and buy him a pint. [/quote]I''d shake his throat and buy him a life.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

Perhaps the fact that there are numerous fans out there who can''t see anything positive happening at NCFC while the cook is in charge has not dawned upon you yet?

Perhaps you should of took heed to what these negative posters have had to say prior to the last 4 or 5 seasons kicking off?

I can see your point though with regard to Gill.

Surely if he is a player capable of playing in a promotion chasing side from League 1 though he was also good enough for Gunny to bring in last season in our fight to stay in the Championship?

I don''t see too much of a difference between top of League 1 and the bottom of the Championship do you?

I would infact say that the very top of League 1 is a considerably higher standard than the very bottom of the Championship.

[/quote]

Smudger, agree with you largely. I''ll take issue with the bits I disagree with, though.

"Perhaps the fact that there are numerous fans out there who can''t see anything positive happening at NCFC while the cook is in charge has not dawned upon you yet?"

You miss my point entirely. To me, posters like Alex, Loan City & Gunn NO Legend simply don''t seem able to back their opinions with reason. Your arguements, while I disagree vehemenently with them, are usually backed up with your reason and logic, which at least show you care about the club sufficiently to keep abreast of things going on.

This is not about what''s going on at NCFC. This is simply me attempting to understand why these people continue to be Norwich fans when all they seem capable of doing is criticising and spouting negativity at every occasion without any real thought, reason or logic.

"Perhaps you should of took heed to what these negative posters have had to say prior to the last 4 or 5 seasons kicking off?"

I don''t think any of the aforementioned posters have been here that long.

"Surely if he is a player capable of playing in a promotion chasing side from League 1 though he was also good enough for Gunny to bring in last season in our fight to stay in the Championship?"

Maybe. But he was under contract then.

"I don''t see too much of a difference between top of League 1 and the bottom of the Championship do you?

I would infact say that the very top of League 1 is a considerably higher standard than the very bottom of the Championship."

Totally agree. I think next season, without drastic improvement, we could be mid table at best. But, there are so many things that could happen between now and then, I think we can''t assess our chances until nearer the time. We''ll have to wait and see what team we put out.

[/quote]

A good response MMM, much of which any reasonable person could find much to pick fault in.

The one issue I do have is that yes I know that Gill would of been under contract then, but surely nearing the end of his contract and expressing doubts over signing a new one, then  if we would of put in an offer at that time surely Exeter would of had trouble in halting the advances of a then Championship club trying to sign a Div 2 player nearing the end of his contract?

Hence I do not think it was down to money at the time, but more the fact that Gunn did not consider Gill of high enough quality for a relegation battle in the Championship.

[quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

Hasn''t that very same criticsim been directed at me many times by a vast number of posters on this very messageboard though Lambo?

The facts are that there is very little to be positive about right now.

If the club actually done something I thought was deserving of praise then they would get it.

Unfortunately, I have seen little to praise about our club since just prior to our spectacular last day humiliation at Fulham in the Premiership.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Managers in order of preference , Hariede , Ince , Boothroyd or Tilson . Players is harder as you need a list of who is available  but strikers we should go for Rickie Lambert , or if he has recovered from his injury Izale McLeod used to score hatfuls in the lower leagues .Theres a young centre back at Wallsall Anthony Gerrard who is highly thought of Southampton had a bid of £350,000 turned down in January , Martin Taylor is available on a free , lets pay his wages and make him captain. We need to pick up good players and Gunn is going to pack this team out with every free signing nobody else wants which is a recipe for another relegation , who else  wanted Gill ? Wycombe , not Leeds or anybody expected to challenge at the top of the division . If you want a half tidy team its going to cost something , this club doesnt like paying anything .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Managers in order of preference , Hariede , Ince , Boothroyd or Tilson . Players is harder as you need a list of who is available  but strikers we should go for Rickie Lambert , or if he has recovered from his injury Izale McLeod used to score hatfuls in the lower leagues .Theres a young centre back at Wallsall Anthony Gerrard who is highly thought of Southampton had a bid of £350,000 turned down in January , Martin Taylor is available on a free , lets pay his wages and make him captain. We need to pick up good players and Gunn is going to pack this team out with every free signing nobody else wants which is a recipe for another relegation , who else  wanted Gill ? Wycombe , not Leeds or anybody expected to challenge at the top of the division . If you want a half tidy team its going to cost something , this club doesnt like paying anything .

[/quote]

Although I agree that some of those players you mentioned are pretty good, the problem is the only teams who could afford to buy them are NOT in LG 1 

Rickie Lambert was bought from.........................Rochdale.............. I guess good players can be found lower down!

Coventry have offered 850K for him FWIW. Nobody in LG 1 can afford that PERIOD.

As Ryan posted the average yearly transfer spend in LG1 is around 250K per team.

This year it will be much less IMHO.

You might as well mention Kaka or Ronaldo. they would be pretty good too.

It does seem you are complaining we are not spending enough money...............

Yet at the same time you favor measures which take away revenue form the club.

Better players cost more money......... Money we just don''t have.

You can complain all you like how we got here but it doesn''t change the situation.

Well im afraid i dont agree a club this size should be able to afford those players if its being run properly , if the cook cannot afford to run the club then its time for her to go , simple as that .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Well im afraid i dont agree a club this size should be able to afford those players if its being run properly , if the cook cannot afford to run the club then its time for her to go , simple as that .
[/quote]

"As simple as that"

WOW. You havn''t really given this much deep thought.

What if Delia/MWJ walks........... you act like there are a long line of people willing to pump 10-20 million into Norwich.

There isn''t.

No club in LG 1 is going to be able to spend 850K on a player so I am 100% certain you will never be happy with any of the players we sign this year.

And FWIW I personally think Martin Taylor WOULD be a fantastic signing for the club. (although he is older than Gill! While Kaka is almost the same age!)

Not sure why would he come here when he can have his pick of champs clubs with probably much better wages.

No, not simple as that. Wish it was.

Delia and the board are guilty of not having enough money. They and Foulgar are looking for investment and simply can''t find it. We know now that the only possible people who would have taken over aren''t interested.

It''s not as simple as time for her to go.