Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Loan City FC & Gunn NO Legend

I''ll be honest. I can''t abide First Wizard. But every now and again, Wiz expresses an opinion or responds to a post which really makes me think and realise that he, like me, loves NCFC 100%. I will continue to poke fun and respond grumpily when he makes his usual daft suggestions, but if I were ever to meet the darling, I''d shake his hand and buy him a pint. However, can anyone ever recall anything but criticism and negativity from these two posters? What exactly is the point? Do some supporters seriously believe they can criticise like they do and still reasonably look in the mirror and call themselves fans? I''m critical of the club when I see something wrong (and god knows we all see it enough). But what exactly could possess a person to blindly criticise everything and refuse to accept the positive in anything?Let me take today''s news about Matty Gill. [quote user="Loan City Fc "]We are preparing for league 2 already then

, at least this signing should tempt those on the fence to claim their

rebates back , laughable .[/quote]And...[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"][quote user="lynn canary"]Has it actually

said who we are signing ? Maybe more than one player ?[/quote] We dont

want more than 1 if they are going to be like this one .[/quote]If my posts got continually one sided like this, I don''t think I''d bother coming back. My opinion is criticise when criticism is due and prasie when praise is due. What about you guys (and girls)?

I agree with you MM - I guess the problem is more criticism than praise is due at the moment and has been for quite a while.However I thought you were going to bring up another point with the thread title, but you didn''t mention it - does anybody else think they are actually the same person? I mean the writing style, the constant negativity, and how their posts are usually quite close together. I might well be wrong but it does seem a bit odd. I''m sure Pete can check IP addresses and the like.

totally agree. both talk rubbish... i used to try and reason with them but came to my senses. I know i am a ''positive poster'' regarding Gunn but at least i can back my views up... the two you mentioned really don''t add anything to a discussion other than hate and negativity. Best thing to do is ignore them.wiz at least makes me laugh with his whacky-ness but these two... starting to wonder if they''re trying to be ironic?

Personally, i think they both speak the biggest load of bollocks on this forum and never backup anything they say with fact or logic.

I think it says more about you MM that you need to start a post moaning about moaners than it does about either of the aforementioned.

Get a life.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I think it says more about you MM that you need to start a post moaning about moaners than it does about either of the aforementioned.

Get a life.

[/quote]Perhaps the problem, Alex, is that you too could be grouped in with these two. Perpetually unable to see the other side of the coin. I pity people like you.My purpose for starting this thread was not just to have a dig, but also to try and get an insight into their thinking. I simply cannot see things so negatively no matter how I look at it. I''m interested to see how people like you can.Or perhaps my hunch is right. You''re not actual fans. You''re just here to satisfy some need for bravado you can''t get from anywhere except beyond the keyboard.Enlighten me, Alex.

[quote user="hogesar"]Personally, i think they both speak the biggest load of bollocks on this forum and never backup anything they say with fact or logic.[/quote]That''s a very good point. How can someone see beyond fact and logic and see negatives where clearly there aren''t. Answers on a postcard...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Really not sure that''s the sort of thing you want to be admitting in public...
[/quote]LOL!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Get a life.

[/quote]

When your bucket is all but empty the best you can do is dish out the dregs Alex.....

It''s apologist bilge from the desperate..........

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll be honest. I can''t abide First Wizard. But every now and again, Wiz expresses an opinion or responds to a post which really makes me think and realise that he, like me, loves NCFC 100%. I will continue to poke fun and respond grumpily when he makes his usual daft suggestions, but if I were ever to meet the darling, I''d shake his hand and buy him a pint.

[/quote]

If thats a backward compliment MM, I''ll grab it with both hands.......it doesn''t happen to often![;)]

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Get a life.

[/quote]

When your bucket is all but empty the best you can do is dish out the dregs Alex.....

It''s apologist bilge from the desperate..........

[/quote]

Apologist? What has that got to do with the point in hand?

Totally agree MM. Both of them need to stop being so negativee and actually get behind the team and players. Most people thought that Clingan was going to be a rubbish signing becuase we got him from a team that released him that was a league below us, yet now nobody wants him to go.

I can uderstand the point of alot of the critism - the board have failed on a lot of things, where they could have suceeded and that leads to well founded critism.What I don''t understand is critism of the board for failing to win some battles, which are chosen by some posters and which don''t give the board a possibility of suceeding.  Alot of the critism at the moment seems as sensible (and therefore as pointless and distracting) as critising Delia for her inability to fly*.

*This is a shocking indictment of her qualities as a witch btw.

Its what we come to expect from Board apologists like Marsmallow and Chirp , no understanding of football whatsoever just everything the club does is great bilge , grow up you couple of kids .

Surely this being a forum then both posters named are entitled to their opinion? Isn''t that what these boards are for? To exchange opinions even if they don''t agree with your own.Think it''s called free speech or something.[;)]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its what we come to expect from Board apologists like Marsmallow and Chirp , no understanding of football whatsoever just everything the club does is great bilge , grow up you couple of kids .[/quote]They''re a couple of kids?They at least have some logic to what they''re saying.Sometimes i can understand the points you are trying to make - but you simply seem to have so much anger at the entire club that you come across as someone who''s simply on here to complain and shoot down everything that happens at the club.To me, they''re understanding of football comes across much more in depth than yours. Your name ''Loan City Fc'' indicates you weren''t happy with the amount of loans. Gunn & the board say we need a squad of contracted players. Gunn brings in his first player - contracted for 2 years. But you simply criticise that as well. Therefore, no matter what happens you''re always going to complain?If anyone needs to grow up its you, and i''m not going to resort to insults or silly terminology such as ''Board apologists''.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]no understanding of football[/quote]Oh the irony.You should have that on your headstone when you''ve ranted your way to an early grave...

Perhaps the fact that there are numerous fans out there who can''t see anything positive happening at NCFC while the cook is in charge has not dawned upon you yet?

Perhaps you should of took heed to what these negative posters have had to say prior to the last 4 or 5 seasons kicking off?

I can see your points though with regard to Gill. 

Surely if he is a player capable of playing in a promotion chasing side from League 1 though he was also good enough for Gunny to bring in last season in our fight to stay in the Championship?

I don''t see too much of a difference between top of League 1 and the bottom of the Championship do you?

I would infact say that the very top of League 1 is a considerably higher standard than the very bottom of the Championship.

I find it hard to argue with you on this Smudger … one of the biggest failings BG brings with him is his disastrous spell as head of recruitment (only marginally out-scored by his tenure as a championship manager!)

Whilst I have no major problem with the signing of Matt Gill (who, on paper, looks to be a solid signing) it says an awful lot about how far we have fallen when we collectively view this signing as some sort of progress. Having said that, I wish Master Gill all the very best and have no doubt he’ll give more to the yellow shirt than many of last season’s mob!

I reckon it’s going to be a long old season folks!

OTBC

[quote user="Smudger"]

Perhaps the fact that there are numerous fans out there who can''t see anything positive happening at NCFC while the cook is in charge has not dawned upon you yet?

Perhaps you should of took heed to what these negative posters have had to say prior to the last 4 or 5 seasons kicking off?

I can see your point though with regard to Gill.

Surely if he is a player capable of playing in a promotion chasing side from League 1 though he was also good enough for Gunny to bring in last season in our fight to stay in the Championship?

I don''t see too much of a difference between top of League 1 and the bottom of the Championship do you?

I would infact say that the very top of League 1 is a considerably higher standard than the very bottom of the Championship.

[/quote]

Smudger, agree with you largely. I''ll take issue with the bits I disagree with, though.

"Perhaps the fact that there are numerous fans out there who can''t see anything positive happening at NCFC while the cook is in charge has not dawned upon you yet?"

You miss my point entirely. To me, posters like Alex, Loan City & Gunn NO Legend simply don''t seem able to back their opinions with reason. Your arguements, while I disagree vehemenently with them, are usually backed up with your reason and logic, which at least show you care about the club sufficiently to keep abreast of things going on.

This is not about what''s going on at NCFC. This is simply me attempting to understand why these people continue to be Norwich fans when all they seem capable of doing is criticising and spouting negativity at every occasion without any real thought, reason or logic.

"Perhaps you should of took heed to what these negative posters have had to say prior to the last 4 or 5 seasons kicking off?"

I don''t think any of the aforementioned posters have been here that long.

"Surely if he is a player capable of playing in a promotion chasing side from League 1 though he was also good enough for Gunny to bring in last season in our fight to stay in the Championship?"

Maybe. But he was under contract then.

"I don''t see too much of a difference between top of League 1 and the bottom of the Championship do you?

I would infact say that the very top of League 1 is a considerably higher standard than the very bottom of the Championship."

Totally agree. I think next season, without drastic improvement, we could be mid table at best. But, there are so many things that could happen between now and then, I think we can''t assess our chances until nearer the time. We''ll have to wait and see what team we put out.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll be honest. I can''t abide First Wizard. But every now and again, Wiz expresses an opinion or responds to a post which really makes me think and realise that he, like me, loves NCFC 100%. I will continue to poke fun and respond grumpily when he makes his usual daft suggestions, but if I were ever to meet the darling, I''d shake his hand and buy him a pint.

[/quote]

If thats a backward compliment MM, I''ll grab it with both hands.......it doesn''t happen to often![;)]

[/quote]

It is, Wiz. You annoy the bejeebus out of me, and many others - but you are Norwich through and through, and if I am half the fan you are by your age, I''ll have done well.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Get a life.

[/quote]

How hypocritical, personally I think that you are a pretty sad man Marshmallow. How much critiscm did you direct at me for posting fao Cam? and now you have done the exactly the same thing? You didnt even have the decency to admit that I am not a negative poster. So come on then, im still waiting for you to respond to me, you picked a fight with me.... why not continue that battle first?

Tell me how I am negative? Positive about the Gill signing, Pro-Gunn, gave the club my rebate. I am very anti board, but you have yet to back up YOUR own claims after picking your last victims.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Get a life.

[/quote]

How hypocritical, personally I think that you are a pretty sad man Marshmallow. How much critiscm did you direct at me for posting fao Cam? and now you have done the exactly the same thing? You didnt even have the decency to admit that I am not a negative poster. So come on then, im still waiting for you to respond to me, you picked a fight with me.... why not continue that battle first?

Tell me how I am negative? Positive about the Gill signing, Pro-Gunn, gave the club my rebate. I am very anti board, but you have yet to back up YOUR own claims after picking your last victims.

[/quote]

I didnt mean to quote Alex Ncfc then, I agree with his point.

Ryan: With the greatest of respect, the post I made in that particular thread was tongue in cheek as if you look I simply cut and pasted your own post and replaced a few words. I felt you were extremely patronising in that thread and was being satirical about it.

I thought you got that as you went on to make a spate of (very amusing) "Dear John" like letters to the dozen or so other people who replied to you.

As for you being negative, I think I called you unpleasant, not negative.

To be fair i think MarshmallowMonkey makes a valid point about some people. People like Smudge, Wiz etc back up their points and have a genuine affection for the club, the two mentioned in the title to this thread simply just arn''t happy with anything the club does regardless.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

Ryan: With the greatest of respect, the post I made in that particular thread was tongue in cheek as if you look I simply cut and pasted your own post and replaced a few words. I felt you were extremely patronising in that thread and was being satirical about it.

I thought you got that as you went on to make a spate of (very amusing) "Dear John" like letters to the dozen or so other people who replied to you.

As for you being negative, I think I called you unpleasant, not negative.

[/quote]

No you definetly called me negative, I cant disagree with the bits about being patronising and arrogant - thats a foregone conclusion - I just dont want to be labelled negative!

As for your OP, I actually agree with it [;)]  Particularly about Loan City FC, he does get firmly on my moobies. Cant say that I''ve noticed with Gunns No Legend, but his username says it all........

[quote user="Lambo"]

To be fair i think MarshmallowMonkey makes a valid point about some people. People like Smudge, Wiz etc back up their points and have a genuine affection for the club, the two mentioned in the title to this thread simply just arn''t happy with anything the club does regardless.

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Appoint a proper manager i will be happy , sign some decent players i will be happy , sign some non league standard nobody who is to old to have any improvement in him and no i wont be happy . Afraid all you people trying to make out this is some sort of good signing are totally clueless and deserve to have a clown like Gunn managing the side , this signing stinks of being a league 1 club for years to come , but then that will satisfy most of you muppets .
[/quote]

But how do you know Gill is useless? you haven''t seen him play.

I''m forming my own opinion on the information people that have, namely the Exceter fans who for the past 3 years have watched him week in week out and are very very sad to see him go, praising him as one of the best players the clubs has had.

Sure i''l admit i can''t form a proper opinion until i''ve seen him in a Norwich shirt playing for us in August but for now bearing in mind the step up in a division he''s going to be making i think it''s a good if unspectacular signing, someone who''s actually our player who seems to want to play and is comitted.

Which i think you can agree is an improvement from last season.