Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

What makes you think that I''m avoiding these questions ?  I''m guessing that you''re the only person that has any interest in the answers though - so, just for you... (If, like Crafty Canary you are bored by the whole thread, look away now)[quote]a) Could you please explain why clubs such as Burnley, Preston and

Swansea are in better shape on the pitch with less resources?  [/quote]Now, I''m no rocket surgeon, neither do I have a UEFA coaching badge, but I''m guessing it''s because they played better football than us last season.  It''s almost certainly because we had a spine road and some land.  We certainly didn''t have a bottom 3 playing staff budget, did we Tangy ?  It looked to me like the players we brought in just didn''t care enough in the end.[quote]b) Please tell the readers of this bb., what have the NCFC board done

well / correctly regarding a major issue at NCFC in recent years

(except the appointment of the new CEO.)?[/quote]The appointment of Glenn Roeder would have been excellent if it had been for the season only, which is why we had to have that second season ironically...  But I guess it''s not fashionable to remember the position Grant left us in, or the 14 game winning streak Roeder acheived.[quote]c) Why do you think the club didn''t fully explain

(i.e. the directors would remain on the board) what was going on with

the membership of the board, one day before the St. Andrews Hall

meeting?[/quote]Who knows ?  Was there a legal requirement for them to do so before the St Andrews Meeting ?  Why do you think that they should have explained this in time for your meeting ?  It may surprise you to learn that not everything is done (such as filling in form 288b) for your personal benefit Tangy.  The realisation may come as quite a blow, but in time I''m sure you''ll learn to accept this...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]
[quote]c) Why do you think the club didn''t fully explain (i.e. the directors would remain on the board) what was going on with the membership of the board, one day before the St. Andrews Hall meeting?[/quote]

Who knows ?  Was there a legal requirement for them to do so before the St Andrews Meeting ?  Why do you think that they should have explained this in time for your meeting ?  It may surprise you to learn that not everything is done (such as filling in form 288b) for your personal benefit Tangy. 
[/quote]

My, my aren''t you getting touchy now that you are having to answer questions instead of others.

As for the meeting at St. Andrews Hall it was not my meeting but an open meeting organised by NCISA.

As for filling in form 288b and lodging it with Companies within fourteen working days that  it is a legal requirement of this country. This is so that any citizen of this land can really see who are the directors of a UK Company.

Have a nice day!

The appointment of Glenn Roeder would have been excellent if it had been for the season only, which is why we had to have that second season ironically...  But I guess it''s not fashionable to remember the position Grant left us in, or the 14 game winning streak Roeder acheived.

[[/quote]

But who appointed both these managers and who appointed Roeder for more than the first season?

Thats right, the board!

[quote user="Buckethead"]In the last 24 months we''ve seen the following Directors leave the club.

Barry Skipper.
Andrew Turner
Sharon Turner.
Neil Doncaster.
Roger Munby.

And we''ve had Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn as manager.

I''m beginning to think there''s some sort of problem at the club.
[/quote]

I wonder if Blahblahblah, Lappinitup and Cranky Yankey care to comment?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The appointment of Glenn Roeder would have been excellent if it had been for the season only, which is why we had to have that second season ironically...  But I guess it''s not fashionable to remember the position Grant left us in, or the 14 game winning streak Roeder acheived.[[/quote]

But who appointed both these managers and who appointed Roeder for more than the first season?

Thats right, the board!

[/quote]Who in their right mind wouldn''t have given Roeder a second season ?  He had just saved us from relegation.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

They didn''t say it in so many words, but their statement was clearly designed to make people think that they had.**  It''s the sort of economy with the truth that we have come to expect, sadly.  Those who were more interested in ascertaining the facts than in swallowing yet more spin were branded as troublemakers by the usual suspects, for reasons best known to themselves.

The club was only asked direct after the facts had been established independently, so they had no option but to come clean.

[/quote]

** resigned as directors.

Time for the usual suspects to own up.

Thanks Smudger for those kind words, i visited Roger today to see how he was getting on and he''s only just out of hospital but i think its going to take him a while to recover! I so wish i could repeat on here what he''s told me!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

The appointment of Glenn Roeder would have been excellent if it had been for the season only, which is why we had to have that second season ironically...  But I guess it''s not fashionable to remember the position Grant left us in, or the 14 game winning streak Roeder acheived.

[[/quote]

Thats right, the board!

[/quote]

Who in their right mind wouldn''t have given Roeder a second season ?  He had just saved us from relegation.
[/quote]

1) Many people had their doubts about his second season form.

2) His more than one season contract was signed presumably at the time of joining us and not at the end of his first season. So presumably the board were happy to give it to him when he joined despite his track record re point 1 above.

My, my aren''t you getting touchy now that you are having to answer questions instead of others.

[/quote]I think you are confusing touchyness with incredulity and your immense pomposity and self-importance.  But I can see how you would confuse the two.

[/quote]I think you are confusing touchyness with incredulity at your immense pomposity and self-importance.  But I can see how you would confuse the two.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

I think you are confusing touchyness with incredulity and your immense pomposity and self-importance.  But I can see how you would confuse the two.
[/quote]

You must be looking at yourself via a mirror.

Have a nice day!

[quote user="TwoTonTed"]Thanks Smudger for those kind words, i visited Roger today to see how he was getting on and he''s only just out of hospital but i think its going to take him a while to recover! I so wish i could repeat on here what he''s told me!

[/quote]

Glad to hear he is recovering and back home.

Hope he is soon returned to full health

[quote user="TwoTonTed"]Thanks Smudger for those kind words, i visited Roger today to see how he was getting on and he''s only just out of hospital but i think its going to take him a while to recover! I so wish i could repeat on here what he''s told me!

[/quote]

Well said Smudger and lets all hope Roger gets better soon.

[quote user="TFAA"][quote user="canary cherub "]

They didn''t say it in so many words, but their statement was clearly designed to make people think that they had.**  It''s the sort of economy with the truth that we have come to expect, sadly.  Those who were more interested in ascertaining the facts than in swallowing yet more spin were branded as troublemakers by the usual suspects, for reasons best known to themselves.

The club was only asked direct after the facts had been established independently, so they had no option but to come clean.

[/quote]

[/quote]Wasn''t the statement (from memory, so may not be exact - I can''t find the original quote due to internet problems, on the BBC, pinkun, sky etc it always says post or roles not):Chief Excutive Neil Doncaster and Chairman Roger Munby have resigned from their posts. Roger Munby also steps down as a director.Now that doesn''t look like "ND and RM resign from board", more resigning as Cheif exec and chairman respectively - the conclusion that they have both left the board is wishful thinking, but as with many accusations of spin from this board, it is made to cover up conclusion jumping and gullability on the part of the poster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1180929/Chairman-Doncaster-chief-exec-Munby-resign-relegated-Norwich.html

[quote]Norwich chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have resigned from their posts, the club confirmed today.

The Canaries were relegated from the Coca-Cola Championship last week and the pair decided the club needed a fresh start.

''We

therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club for us to

step down from our positions,'' Munby and Doncaster said in a joint

statement.[/quote]Looks like you''re right 7rew.

[quote user="Buckethead"]

It was a perfectly valid question for a Norwich fan to ask on a Norwich fans forum. The matter was reported in the national press via an official club statement which not for the first time where our club is involved  was ambiguous enough to pass on a false impression of the situation. The club made no attempt to rectify this nationally broadcast error. If you read the Mail or the Guardian the Times or any other quality news sources it is quite apparent that all these news sources believed both men had left the board.

Most sources contained this quote:
"Munby was the longest-serving board member, having become a director in 1986 for a year and returning for a second stint 10 years later."

Note the use of ''was'' not ''is''.

The Times reported thus:

"A statement from the club''s remaining directors, joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, said: “We want to sincerely thank both Roger and Neil for their hard work and commitment to the Club over their years working with us."

Spot the words ''remaining directors''.

And the joint statement from Doomy and Munby read like this:

""It is clear that for Norwich City Football Club to move forward, there needs to be a fresh start. A new Board of Directors is an essential part of that process. We therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club for us to step down from our positions."

Though technically not being untruthful there can be no doubt that the clubs failure to make a correction to the national mis-reporting of events due primarily to a poorly (or very well depending on your viewpoint) worded press statement is exactly the sort of behaviour which leads us to mistrust the club. As a PLC with shares available for the Public to purchase it''s more than just a little naughty that such a discrepancy in the boards makeup should be reported in the national press without correction.

Still lets hope when Doomy does finally go the weasel worded club statements go with him.

[/quote]

Interesting comment

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="TFAA"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t the statement (from memory, so may not be exact - I can''t find the original quote due to internet problems, on the BBC, pinkun, sky etc it always says post or roles not):

Chief Excutive Neil Doncaster and Chairman Roger Munby have resigned from their posts. Roger Munby also steps down as a director.

Now that doesn''t look like "ND and RM resign from board", more resigning as Cheif exec and chairman respectively - the conclusion that they have both left the board is wishful thinking, but as with many accusations of spin from this board, it is made to cover up conclusion jumping and gullability on the part of the poster[/quote]

Please read N Doncasters piece in the EDP of that week.

No conclusion jumping there! No spin just reading what he, I assume wrote.

(You can still get it on this site)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="TFAA"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t the statement (from memory, so may not be exact - I can''t find the original quote due to internet problems, on the BBC, pinkun, sky etc it always says post or roles not):

Chief Excutive Neil Doncaster and Chairman Roger Munby have resigned from their posts. Roger Munby also steps down as a director.

Now that doesn''t look like "ND and RM resign from board", more resigning as Cheif exec and chairman respectively - the conclusion that they have both left the board is wishful thinking, but as with many accusations of spin from this board, it is made to cover up conclusion jumping and gullability on the part of the poster[/quote]

[/quote]

It read like someone writing their final column, which he was.  If he stays on for a month, but writes no more columns, when else will he say this?

I''m not going to begrudge a chap his goodbye message, even if he has to deliver it early for technical reasons. 

Is he doing anything other than rubber stamping the other three directors, for example, attending meetings?  If not then he has really, in fact, if not in name, left the board and his goodbye message then is the real truth of the matter.

[/quote]

Hope he gets better soon and yes we wish you could tell us what he said too that would make interesting reading I''m sure.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="TFAA"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It read like someone writing their final column, which he was.  If he stays on for a month, but writes no more columns, when else will he say this?

I''m not going to begrudge a chap his goodbye message, even if he has to deliver it early for technical reasons. 

Is he doing anything other than rubber stamping the other three directors, for example, attending meetings?  If not then he has really, in fact, if not in name, left the board and his goodbye message then is the real truth of the matter.

[/quote]

There was me thinking he actualy said he had left.

I can understand him staying to keep the board "legal".

Roger couldn''t because he was going/has been in hospital.

So if they knew this why the haste in making the statement in the first place?

It could only been because they wanted to "spike the guns" of the iminent public meeting, so a half truth was enough as the "full truth" could wait.

I realy don''t care if he stays making the board legal for another week or two, that is not the main issue the damage has been years in the making a few more days will not matter. It''s the method rather than the result.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]What makes you think that I''m avoiding these questions ?  I''m guessing that you''re the only person that has any interest in the answers though - so, just for you... (If, like Crafty Canary you are bored by the whole thread, look away now)

[quote]a) Could you please explain why clubs such as Burnley, Preston and Swansea are in better shape on the pitch with less resources?  [/quote]

Now, I''m no rocket surgeon, neither do I have a UEFA coaching badge, but I''m guessing it''s because they played better football than us last season.  It''s almost certainly because we had a spine road and some land.  We certainly didn''t have a bottom 3 playing staff budget, did we Tangy ?  It looked to me like the players we brought in just didn''t care enough in the end.

[quote]b) Please tell the readers of this bb., what have the NCFC board done well / correctly regarding a major issue at NCFC in recent years (except the appointment of the new CEO.)?[/quote]

[quote]c) Why do you think the club didn''t fully explain (i.e. the directors would remain on the board) what was going on with the membership of the board, one day before the St. Andrews Hall meeting?[/quote]

Who knows ?  Was there a legal requirement for them to do so before the St Andrews Meeting ?  Why do you think that they should have explained this in time for your meeting ?  It may surprise you to learn that not everything is done (such as filling in form 288b) for your personal benefit Tangy.  The realisation may come as quite a blow, but in time I''m sure you''ll learn to accept this...
[/quote]

hahaha players didn''t care enough hahaha tell me another one hahaha...

They set out to get us relegated at the start of the season them nasty players didn''t they??? blubblubblub!!! [:$]

It couldn''t be that them players who some said at the start of the last 3 seasons were not good enough and would be struggling at the wrong end of the table and the underfinancing of our squad was blatantly laid bare on the table for all but the most blind to see???

[/quote]

Did he tell you taht all them lies he had to tell for HRH gave him a dodgy ticker???  [:O]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1180929/Chairman-Doncaster-chief-exec-Munby-resign-relegated-Norwich.html

[quote]

Norwich chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have resigned from their posts, the club confirmed today.

The Canaries were relegated from the Coca-Cola Championship last week and the pair decided the club needed a fresh start.

''We

therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club for us to

step down from our positions,'' Munby and Doncaster said in a joint

statement.[/quote]Looks like you''re right 7rew.[/quote]

And yet in this very same article from the Daily Mail the following quote is taken:The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith

and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, remarked in a statement:

''We want to sincerely thank both Roger and Neil for their hard work and

commitment to the club over their years working with us.'' Is it that difficult to comprehend the statement reads The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith

and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger and NOT The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith

and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, and Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster........????
The national press clearly reported that MWJ, MF and DS were the three remaining directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC. The press releases came two weeks before Mr. Munby actually left so the true facts at the time of going to press were that Delia Smith

and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, and Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster
were still directors of the club. There is no argument the press were wrong, the press received the information from the club and misinterpreted it for whatever reason.We currently employ five full time Press Officers and yet nobody made any attempt at having the facts corrected in the Press, a failing not only in respect of the publication of incorrect and misleading information but also a failure in the core duties of the press team to gain the extra national press coverage for the club which would have been obtained upon the publication of any corrections.

I can see why you would think that it is confusing, however :[quote]The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith

and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, remarked in a statement:[/quote]That quote is attributable to the journalist that wrote the article, it is not part of the statement.Chances are the "error" was duplicated in other articles in other papers because everyone would crib off the same source, probably Press Association or Camuldonum for Norwich stories.

[quote]It couldn''t be that them players who some said at the start of the last

3 seasons were not good enough and would be struggling at the wrong end

of the table and the underfinancing of our squad was blatantly laid

bare on the table for all but the most blind to see???[/quote]Actually, I think that most people attribute our poor performance to loans last season.  An average amount of money was spent for the Championship by Norwich, but there was no cohesive team unit, hasn''t been since Worthington left really, and that''s why we underperformed.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]

Norwich chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have resigned from their posts, the club confirmed today.

''We therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club for us to step down from our positions,'' Munby and Doncaster said in a joint statement.[/quote]

Looks like you''re right 7rew.
[/quote]

And yet in this very same article from the Daily Mail the following quote is taken:

The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, remarked in a statement: ''We want to sincerely thank both Roger and Neil for their hard work and commitment to the club over their years working with us.''

Is it that difficult to comprehend the statement reads The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger and NOT The Club''s remaining Directors, Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, and Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster........????

The national press clearly reported that MWJ, MF and DS were the three remaining directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC. The press releases came two weeks before Mr. Munby actually left so the true facts at the time of going to press were that Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, and Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster were still directors of the club.

There is no argument the press were wrong, the press received the information from the club and misinterpreted it for whatever reason.

We currently employ five full time Press Officers and yet nobody made any attempt at having the facts corrected in the Press, a failing not only in respect of the publication of incorrect and misleading information but also a failure in the core duties of the press team to gain the extra national press coverage for the club which would have been obtained upon the publication of any corrections.

[/quote]

Interesting, especially that last paragraph.

Why on earth do we need five full time press officers? One and an assistant would do. Yet another example of the wasteful profligacy of the battered trout and her cronies. If a more streamlined overheads structure was in place there''d be more for the team but that would require the trout to be focussed on the football.