Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D][/quote]Well done CA. It was clear that neither Tangy nor Moan City were bright enough to do it so credit to you! [Y][/quote]

Thanks but I can''t take all the credit, I read one of Tangy''s long posts on here and copied the important bit and then just asked the club to comment on his findings and whether Neil was still working for us.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D][/quote]Well done CA. It was clear that neither Tangy nor Moan City were bright enough to do it so credit to you! [Y][/quote] You probably thought he had left the club , says it all about how bright you are.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D][/quote]Well done CA. It was clear that neither Tangy nor Moan City were bright enough to do it so credit to you! [Y][/quote] You probably thought he had left the club , says it all about how bright you are.
[/quote]

Not sure if thats aimed at Lappin or me but think we''re both pretty bright [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="cityangel"]That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D][/quote]Well done CA. It was clear that neither Tangy nor Moan City were bright enough to do it so credit to you! [Y][/quote] You probably thought he had left the club , says it all about how bright you are.[/quote]

Not sure if thats aimed at Lappin or me but think we''re both pretty bright [:)]

[/quote] Lappin Wink [;)]

In the last 24 months we''ve seen the following Directors leave the club.Barry Skipper.Andrew TurnerSharon Turner.Neil Doncaster.Roger Munby.And we''ve had Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn as manager.I''m beginning to think there''s some sort of problem at the club.

Good to see the club finally admitting they have been economical with the truth to the fans again. Doncaster still a director when all the headlines were that he had gone. Why couldn''t they have told the truth in the first place instead of having TFAA drag it out of them?

The arse lickers like Yankee Doodle Dandy, lappinitup et.al won''t forgive TFAA for that one!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]Good to see the club finally admitting they have been economical with the truth to the fans again. Doncaster still a director when all the headlines were that he had gone. Why couldn''t they have told the truth in the first place instead of having TFAA drag it out of them?

The arse lickers like Yankee Doodle Dandy, lappinitup et.al won''t forgive TFAA for that one!![/quote]Maybe, if you weren''t too busy calling people names, you may just see that if your brother had done as City Angel did and ask the club direct, there wouldn''t be need for this debate. But of course, it wouldn''t have the desired effect and show the club in a bad light would it?

Now Crafty, I can show you where the club said that Munby and Doncaster had "stepped down from their roles", now you show me where they said they had resigned as directors!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"]Good to see the club finally admitting they have been economical with the truth to the fans again. Doncaster still a director when all the headlines were that he had gone. Why couldn''t they have told the truth in the first place instead of having TFAA drag it out of them?

The arse lickers like Yankee Doodle Dandy, lappinitup et.al won''t forgive TFAA for that one!![/quote]Maybe, if you weren''t too busy calling people names, you may just see that if your brother had done as City Angel did and ask the club direct, there wouldn''t be need for this debate. But of course, it wouldn''t have the desired effect and show the club in a bad light would it?

Now Crafty, I can show you where the club said that Munby and Doncaster had "stepped down from their roles", now you show me where they said they had resigned as directors!

[/quote]It was a perfectly valid question for a Norwich fan to ask on a Norwich fans forum. The matter was reported in the national press via an official club statement which not for the first time where our club is involved  was ambiguous enough to pass on a false impression of the situation. The club made no attempt to rectify this nationally broadcast error. If you read the Mail or the Guardian the Times or any other quality news sources it is quite apparent that all these news sources believed both men had left the board.Most sources contained this quote:"Munby was the longest-serving board member, having become a director in

1986 for a year and returning for a second stint 10 years later."Note the use of ''was'' not ''is''.The Times reported thus:"A statement from the club''s remaining directors, joint majority shareholders

Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones and Michael Foulger, said: “We want to

sincerely thank both Roger and Neil for their hard work and commitment to

the Club over their years working with us."Spot the words ''remaining directors''.And the joint statement from Doomy and Munby read like this:""It is clear

that for Norwich City Football Club to move forward, there needs to be a

fresh start. A new Board of Directors is an essential part of that process.

We therefore believe it is in the best interests of the club for us to step

down from our positions."Though technically not being untruthful there can be no doubt that the clubs failure to make a correction to the national mis-reporting of events due primarily to a poorly (or very well depending on your viewpoint) worded press statement is exactly the sort of behaviour which leads us to mistrust the club. As a PLC with shares available for the Public to purchase it''s more than just a little naughty that such a discrepancy in the boards makeup should be reported in the national press without correction.Still lets hope when Doomy does finally go the weasel worded club statements go with him.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="crafty canary"]Good to see the club finally admitting they have been economical with the truth to the fans again. Doncaster still a director when all the headlines were that he had gone. Why couldn''t they have told the truth in the first place instead of having TFAA drag it out of them?

[/quote]

They didn''t say it in so many words, but their statement was clearly designed to make people think that they had.  It''s the sort of economy with the truth that we have come to expect, sadly.  Those who were more interested in ascertaining the facts than in swallowing yet more spin were branded as troublemakers by the usual suspects, for reasons best known to themselves.

The club was only asked direct after the facts had been established independently, so they had no option but to come clean.

Just caught up with this thread.it really does seem as though some people are determined to see malice in every action emanating from Carrow Road at the moment- small wonder that there is a siege mentality.As far as I can see, a summary of the Board position at the moment is:1) Munby and Doncaster have ''stepped down from their roles''. i.e. They are carrying out no day to day duties as Chairman and Chief Executive respectively.2) Munby resigned his directorship at the end of May and the forms have been submitted.3)Doncaster remains as a Director in order to satisfy legal requirements until a new appointment is made at which point he also will resign his directorship.Surely, the point of the original announcement (which may well have been made to satisfy the bloodlust before the SAH meeting) was that Munby and Doncaster have relinquished their duties and are taking no further part in the running and decision making of the Club. The fact that they remain or remained nominally as Directors for a short time in order to satisfy a legal or administrative requirement seems to me largely irrelevant to the main point.I''m all for criticising the way in which the club is run and suggesting constructive ways to take us forward but, for goodness sake, let us choose a battle that''s worth fighting!

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Just caught up with this thread.

it really does seem as though some people are determined to see malice in every action emanating from Carrow Road at the moment- small wonder that there is a siege mentality.

As far as I can see, a summary of the Board position at the moment is:

1) Munby and Doncaster have ''stepped down from their roles''. i.e. They are carrying out no day to day duties as Chairman and Chief Executive respectively.

2) Munby resigned his directorship at the end of May and the forms have been submitted.

3)Doncaster remains as a Director in order to satisfy legal requirements until a new appointment is made at which point he also will resign his directorship.

Surely, the point of the original announcement (which may well have been made to satisfy the bloodlust before the SAH meeting) was that Munby and Doncaster have relinquished their duties and are taking no further part in the running and decision making of the Club. The fact that they remain or remained nominally as Directors for a short time in order to satisfy a legal or administrative requirement seems to me largely irrelevant to the main point.

I''m all for criticising the way in which the club is run and suggesting constructive ways to take us forward but, for goodness sake, let us choose a battle that''s worth fighting!
[/quote]

So if neither were a party to decision making after their "resignation", who appointed Gunn.

If they knew of the legal requirements (and I cant see Doncaster not knowing) why the haste in action, from a board not known for it''s speed of thought.I realy can''t see MWJ as Cpl Jones running round Carrow crying "Don''t Panic", can you?

Whichever combination of Directors ''formally'' appointed Gunn, I think we know who actually made the decision!As I suggested, I think there was a hasty decision to make the managerial appointment and show a change in the Board before the SAH meeting. It may well also be true, although only speculation, that there was some disagreement amongst the Board about Gunn''s appointment and this may have hastened the departures.

What an absolutely ridiculous much a do about nothing. The substance is that they the have stepped down but there are some legal technicalities which have to be addressed. All this thread has proved is the complete and utter paranoia of some posters.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Tangible, for the umpteenth time, no-one is saying this isn''t a relevant question. It is just that you seem still not to have done the obvious thing and ask the club what the position is.
[/quote]

Why ask the club what is going on when you don''t believe a word they say??? [:O]

[quote user="T"]What an absolutely ridiculous much a do about nothing. The substance is that they the have stepped down but there are some legal technicalities which have to be addressed. All this thread has proved is the complete and utter paranoia of some posters.[/quote]

Cue further paranoid comments that T is linked to the Club

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="canary cherub "]

The point is this.  We were told that Munby and Doncaster had "stepped down".  I for one thought that meant they were out of the door, but it now appears it''s not the case.  If TFA hadn''t taken the initiative, you don''t think the club would have told us do you? (not that Archant would have dared to ask the question in the first place)

As fans I think we have a right to know who''s on the board and who isn''t.

[/quote]

Who do you think the mass of fans will believe?  People like canary cherub or the Wynnies?

[/quote]

I think the mass of fans don''t read what you or I have to say. With respect to the small minority of fans that post on this forum I suspect most of them are tired of the single dimensional thought process that people like you, Cherub and others use to constantly attack the club owners on every front while offering no solution to the problems faced by Norwich and many other clubs, namely, the lack of money. You''ve made your point a thousand times over. You appear to believe that constant repetition makes you more effective whereas, of course, the reverse is true. At least dress it up differently sometimes Tangy. Come on, I know you can do it if you really try. 

[/quote]

Plenty of people have a respect for these posters whose views (not in hindsight) have been very close to the mark or proven without all questionable doubt over the last few years.

An ever decreasing number of people have respect for your views though Yankee... you are becoming a laughing stock... why not give it a rest hey??? [:$]

[quote user=""]

Of course one reason (well two really) that Neil Doncaster is happy to remain as a director of Norwich City is because once he resigns he would be off the FA and Football League committees that he is involved with.

Certainly he will want his slap up meal tonight at Wembley.

[/quote]

Hope there are some proper Norwich fans working in Wembley''s kitchens?

What would you choos to do with Doomy''s dish of the day given the chance :o) ????

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="T"]What an absolutely ridiculous much a do about nothing. The substance is that they the have stepped down but there are some legal technicalities which have to be addressed. All this thread has proved is the complete and utter paranoia of some posters.[/quote] Cue further paranoid comments that T is linked to the Club[/quote]

Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Reading fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

He hasn''t the first clue about what is going on at Carrow Road.

[quote user="Smudger"]Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Reading fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

He hasn''t the first clue about what is going on at Carrow Road.[/quote]Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Leicester fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

He hasn''t the first clue about what is going on at Carrow Road. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Reading fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

He hasn''t the first clue about what is going on at Carrow Road.[/quote]Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Leicester fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

[/quote]

Jump shep... roll over... walkies!!!  [;)]  [&]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Not from me... just think he is an absolute tosser of a Reading fan who should keep his nose in his own affairs.

[/quote]

Jump shep... roll over... walkies!!!  [;)]  [&]

[/quote]

Not a pop at you Smudger, but why oh why the minute you post on a thread it gets sidetracked to petty name calling and abuse.

The continuity of discussion is lost and the debate ends in farce.

Is it not possible to post without causing agro by dropping the level to that of the playground?

I am sure you have a lot to contribute which is lost under the pile of manure heaped in reply at you.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

They didn''t say it in so many words, but their statement was clearly designed to make people think that they had.  It''s the sort of economy with the truth that we have come to expect, sadly.  Those who were more interested in ascertaining the facts than in swallowing yet more spin were branded as troublemakers by the usual suspects, for reasons best known to themselves.

The club was only asked direct after the facts had been established independently, so they had no option but to come clean.

[/quote]

[quote user="T"]What an absolutely ridiculous much a do about nothing. The substance is that they the have stepped down but there are some legal technicalities which have to be addressed. All this thread has proved is the complete and utter paranoia of some posters.[/quote]

But remained as Directors at the time of the announcement.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Tangible, for the umpteenth time, no-one is saying this isn''t a relevant question. It is just that you seem still not to have done the obvious thing and ask the club what the position is.
[/quote]

Why ask the club what is going on when you don''t believe a word they say??? [:O]

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user=""]

Of course one reason (well two really) that Neil Doncaster is happy to remain as a director of Norwich City is because once he resigns he would be off the FA and Football League committees that he is involved with.

Certainly he will want his slap up meal tonight at Wembley.

[/quote]

Hope there are some proper Norwich fans working in Wembley''s kitchens?

What would you choos to do with Doomy''s dish of the day given the chance :o) ????

[/quote]

Hmmmmm offer him a nice chocolate mousse made of exlax

Now - I didn''t agree with what Smudger was saying the first time.  I was willing to believe that the club is trying to do its best by supporters but failing.  But now that Tangy has quoted it, and put it in 24 point font, I can see his point of view totally - bunch of scavenging malingerers that they are, can''t trust um - BARN THAR TROUT AN THAR FAT BLOKE AN ALL THAT !!!!!!!in other words...WELL SAID TANGY !p.s. ironic smilie [;)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]They didn''t say it in so many words, but their statement was clearly designed to make people think that they had.  It''s the sort of economy with the truth that we have come to expect, sadly.  Those who were more interested in ascertaining the facts than in swallowing yet more spin were branded as troublemakers by the usual suspects, for reasons best known to themselves.

The club was only asked direct after the facts had been established independently, so they had no option but to come clean.[/quote]The facts were established when City Angel asked the club directly. My concern was why a Tangy,an NCISA COMITTEE MEMBER, didn''t do that instead of phoning companies house (twice) and then implying on here that the club had acted in some way illegally. I just don''t understand why someone in a prominent position in a SUPPORTERS CLUB would try so hard to DISCREDIT OUR CLUB!

Anthony, what is the point in hitting the "quoted reply" button and merely highlighting in bold and large font part of the original rely, but not adding any comments????

It''s irrating to say the least and merely makes wading through threads more time consuming.