Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

Exactly! We have now got into a surreal state where people are demanding clarity from the club when as far as anyone knows the club has not the faintest idea that this issue (real or imagined) has raised its head. How can the club provide clarity if no one asks it to?

[quote user="Metatron"]Which was, I guess, why some people suggested that TFAA? would have been better off emailing or telephoning the Club after he found out the info from Companies House, as opposed to posting it on a forum.[/quote]

Another point to bear in mind, as a regular user of the Companies House website through work, it often takes 10 to 15 working days for them to update their record systems too!

[quote user="GMF"]

Another point to bear in mind, as a regular user of the Companies House website through work, it often takes 10 to 15 working days for them to update their record systems too!

[/quote]

I have checked with Companies House this afternoon and they say it can be  5 to 7 working days, however today (8th June 2009) they are processing the documents received on the 6th June 2009.

[quote user="Bobert"]The Smiths are on holiday. There is no one to sign the form.[/quote]

Mr Foulger or the Company Secretary could sign the form after Delia & MWJ had gone on holiday. Furthermore if they were at the board meeting resulting in the announcement on the 12th May 2009 then either of them could have signed the form.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="The Butler"]

That is very laudable GMF but why the sob goodbyes and why the statement issued by the club.

In both cases they would/should have known the legal requirements relating to the board. Doncaster is a solicitor  for goodness sake!

Again are we being ever so economical with what thruths are told?

[/quote]

So why did they make the statement in the first place other than a rash attempt at fan appeasment.

[/quote]

Interesting question

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Canary cherub, it is very simple. If you think Neil Doncaster might still be a director, and you care enough to want to know, then go to the small trouble of finding out.[/quote]

. . . which takes us nicely back to where this thread started.  If Companies House have no record of his resignation then in legal terms he''s still on the board.  That''s good enough for me.

[/quote]

Good post Canary Cherub, people are forgetting that there is a legal requirement to lodge form 288b relating to the termination of a director within 14 working days.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="GMF"]

[/quote]

I have checked with Companies House this afternoon and they say it can be  5 to 7 working days, however today (8th June 2009) they are processing the documents received on the 6th June 2009.

[/quote]

They''re obviously getting their act together at long last. Far too often in the past two or three years, updates have taken two to three weeks to happen.

You''ve done a Companies House search, you''ve also rung up Companies House, isn''t the obvious thing to do to drop an email to someone like Joe Ferrari at the Club and pose the same question to him?

Joe has been asked on official site and as at the time of writing has opted not to answer.  A number of questions regarding Foulger''s investment have not been answered either.  I.e is it a loan? a gift? or in exchange for shares.

Strikes me that bury head in the sand and be selective with the truth is order of the day at fortress carrow

Fair enough Soldier On, I no longer post on the offical site so I didn''t realise. There''s still nothing to stop anyone emailing him though, if they''re really that interested.

Sorry I really don''t understand the criticism being directed at TFA for raising the point. The simple fact is that one of the main criticisms/annoyances cited by many of our fans of late has been the level of spin and half truths emerging from the club at times and he is perfectly entitled to query whether this is another one of those. Same with when we were clearly given the impression that Gunn and Co had been appointed "until the summer" and it later transpired that 2 of them had 18 month contracts, the clear impression (designed no doubt to take the heat out of fans anger and the NCISA meeting) was that Doncaster and Munby had left the club. We now already know that Munby was still making decisions as he apparently endorsed the appointment of Gunn. If they are still calling the shots then we deserve to know. To be fair it may just be a hold up on the admin side of things but its certainly worth someone answering the question.

I''m just surprised this is an issue! I fully expected them to remain doing their jobs until a replacement is found when they stepped down (rather than stepping down with immediate effect). It doesn''t mean they haven''t stepped down, just as having handed in my notice is stopping working for a company.Also unsuprisingly TFAA is point scoring against the board and any one he imagines is a phantom of the board, and the guild of fag packet accountants isn''t very good at sums.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

The point is this.  We were told that Munby and Doncaster had "stepped down".  I for one thought that meant they were out of the door, but it now appears it''s not the case.  If TFA hadn''t taken the initiative, you don''t think the club would have told us do you? (not that Archant would have dared to ask the question in the first place)

As fans I think we have a right to know who''s on the board and who isn''t.

[/quote]

Who do you think the mass of fans will believe?  People like canary cherub or the Wynnies?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

TFA,

Thanks - this is not obsessive. We are entitled to rely upon the truth from the club and I dd wonder at the time whether they were (yet again!!) being economical.

The fact that LQ and Lappinitup have jumped on your post straight away probably says to me that there is real substance to this issue.

[/quote]

Tangible, for the umpteenth time, no-one is saying this isn''t a relevant question. It is just that you seem still not to have done the obvious thing and ask the club what the position is.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="canary cherub "]

The point is this.  We were told that Munby and Doncaster had "stepped down".  I for one thought that meant they were out of the door, but it now appears it''s not the case.  If TFA hadn''t taken the initiative, you don''t think the club would have told us do you? (not that Archant would have dared to ask the question in the first place)

[/quote]

Who do you think the mass of fans will believe?  People like canary cherub or the Wynnies?

[/quote]

I think the mass of fans don''t read what you or I have to say. With respect to the small minority of fans that post on this forum I suspect most of them are tired of the single dimensional thought process that people like you, Cherub and others use to constantly attack the club owners on every front while offering no solution to the problems faced by Norwich and many other clubs, namely, the lack of money. You''ve made your point a thousand times over. You appear to believe that constant repetition makes you more effective whereas, of course, the reverse is true. At least dress it up differently sometimes Tangy. Come on, I know you can do it if you really try. 

Hello,

On 12 May 2009 both Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster resigned as

Chairman and Chief Executive of the Club respectively. As of this date,

neither Neil or Roger have performed any executive functions at the

Club.

However, the Club''s Articles of Association require that at no

time shall the Club have fewer than four directors. When Roger

resigned, it was agreed that he would remain a director until 31 May

2009. Roger is therefore no longer a director at the Club and the

relevant Companies House forms are being processed. This leaves the

Club with its minimum of four directors in place. In order that the

Club complies with its own Articles of Association, Neil has agreed to

remain a director until such time as a new Board member or

members are confirmed. The Club can however confirm that Neil

Doncaster is not performing any executive function at the Club whilst

replacement Board members are being identified.

Thanks,

Joe

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With respect to the small minority of fans that post on this forum I suspect most of them are tired of the single dimensional thought process that people like you, Cherub and others use to constantly attack the club owners on every front while offering no solution to the problems faced by Norwich and many other clubs, namely, the lack of money. [/quote]

You really must do some research! I have clearly showed on this site that Preston North End can run their club on a lower cost base. If I remember correctly nearly £10m lower. While I accept that we have a catering operation that is bigger than theirs and we also have some other costs due to bigger gates there is still a big difference in costs  even after these additional costs have been adjusted for. It looks to me that the issue is really how the money we have had is spent, not the lack of money.

Secondly I offered a solution on this bb. as to how to balance the books, i.e., no annual subsidy    should we have stayed in The Championship. Obviously you short attention span is probably the reason you missed this too.

Enjoy Obama!

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]

Hello,

On 12 May 2009 both Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster resigned as Chairman and Chief Executive of the Club respectively. As of this date, neither Neil or Roger have performed any executive functions at the Club.

However, the Club''s Articles of Association require that at no time shall the Club have fewer than four directors. When Roger resigned, it was agreed that he would remain a director until 31 May 2009. Roger is therefore no longer a director at the Club and the relevant Companies House forms are being processed. This leaves the Club with its minimum of four directors in place. In order that the Club complies with its own Articles of Association, Neil has agreed to remain a director until such time as a new Board member or members are confirmed. The Club can however confirm that Neil Doncaster is not performing any executive function at the Club whilst replacement Board members are being identified.

Thanks,

Joe

[/quote]

*** Thanks for confirming that Neil Doncaster IS A DIRECTOR*******

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Thanks for confirming that Neil Doncaster IS A DIRECTOR[/quote]See Tangy. You only needed one e-mail to the club instead of ten pages of whu-dunnit on here. I realise it doesn''t have the same "look at me" effect (screaming does that too) but you really must calm down. Getting so excitable at your age is not wise, just think of that old ticker! [;)]

Its still a considerable shock to find that Doncaster is still a Director - is he being paid?

It would take only a small amount of common sense to realise that ND was still a director, given Tangy''s investigations, so why the shock? Are you suggesting that the Club should breach it''s Articles of Assocation just to satisfy the fans? 

[quote user="GMF"]It would take only a small amount of common sense to realise that ND was still a director, given Tangy''s investigations, so why the shock? Are you suggesting that the Club should breach it''s Articles of Assocation just to satisfy the fans? [/quote]Articles of association? No. But it''s looking increasingly as though Roger and Neil had to go or in the very least be seen to go publicly before the NCISA meeting to make it appear that the board were not being subsequently put under pressure by the fans in the event an adverse vote against either two was recorded.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With respect to the small minority of fans that post on this forum I suspect most of them are tired of the single dimensional thought process that people like you, Cherub and others use to constantly attack the club owners on every front while offering no solution to the problems faced by Norwich and many other clubs, namely, the lack of money. [/quote]

You really must do some research! I have clearly showed on this site that Preston North End can run their club on a lower cost base. If I remember correctly nearly £10m lower. While I accept that we have a catering operation that is bigger than theirs and we also have some other costs due to bigger gates there is still a big difference in costs  even after these additional costs have been adjusted for. It looks to me that the issue is really how the money we have had is spent, not the lack of money.

Secondly I offered a solution on this bb. as to how to balance the books, i.e., no annual subsidy    should we have stayed in The Championship. Obviously you short attention span is probably the reason you missed this too.

Enjoy Obama!

Have a nice day!

[/quote]

Tangy, in playing back my input I noticed that you carefully removed the advice I gave you, so I will repeat it as you seem to understand constant repetition, similar to many slow learning students I remember from my school days: ( You''ve made your point a thousand times over. You appear to believe that constant repetition makes you more effective whereas, of course, the reverse is true. At least dress it up differently sometimes Tangy. Come on, I know you can do it if you really try. ) Are you able to take the advice Tangy, or are you only capable of a single focal point per decade? Show us what you''re made of....you can do....I know you can. Or are you doomed into proving to others that your raison d''etre is one dimensional and that you have nothing else to offer.

[quote user="Buckethead"]
 But it''s looking increasingly as though Roger and Neil had to go or in the very least be seen to go publicly before the NCISA meeting to make it appear that the board were not being subsequently put under pressure by the fans in the event an adverse vote against either two was recorded.
[/quote]

So whatever else you think about NCISA we certainly did achieve something worthwhile there !!

[quote user="face"]

[quote user="Buckethead"] But it''s looking increasingly as though Roger and Neil had to go or in the very least be seen to go publicly before the NCISA meeting to make it appear that the board were not being subsequently put under pressure by the fans in the event an adverse vote against either two was recorded.[/quote]

So whatever else you think about NCISA we certainly did achieve something worthwhile there !!

[/quote]Yes both myself and Bobert of all people are convinced the St. Andrews Hall meeting forced the clubs hand.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]

Hello,

On 12 May 2009 both Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster resigned as Chairman and Chief Executive of the Club respectively. As of this date, neither Neil or Roger have performed any executive functions at the Club.

However, the Club''s Articles of Association require that at no time shall the Club have fewer than four directors. When Roger resigned, it was agreed that he would remain a director until 31 May 2009. Roger is therefore no longer a director at the Club and the relevant Companies House forms are being processed. This leaves the Club with its minimum of four directors in place. In order that the Club complies with its own Articles of Association, Neil has agreed to remain a director until such time as a new Board member or members are confirmed. The Club can however confirm that Neil Doncaster is not performing any executive function at the Club whilst replacement Board members are being identified.

Thanks,

Joe

[/quote]

That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]That was the reply to my question on the offy site [:D][/quote]Well done CA. It was clear that neither Tangy nor Moan City were bright enough to do it so credit to you! [Y]