Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]But the point about this thread is that it was started by Tangible questioning whether Doncaster was still a director. Asked why he thought he might still be he said there had been a report that Doncaster had merely "changed roles" at Carrow Road.

Pinned down as to which report, he quoted an EDP story which said Doncaster had given up his role at Carrow Road. Not changed. Given up.

So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.

No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. No sightings in Yellows, no emails in blue without capital letters from "Deil Noncaster", no anonymous letters to the EDP banging on about fiduciary duty. No sad sagas of Girls Aloud concerts. No nothing. But because the club has failed to deny an evidenceless theory based on a complete misreading of an EDP story that itself is seen as suspicious!

[/quote]

Problem is Purple that if they''re not still on the board, the club is in breach of its constitution which states that the board must have at least five members and four to make a quorum.  I must say I hope that''s not the case.

My guess is that the intention was always to keep them on the board to make up the numbers until replacements could be found, a process which is taking rather longer than expected.  Nothing wrong with that as such, I just think we should be told.

I''m far less concerned about whether they''re still on the board than about why there''s been no progress in replacing them.

[/quote]

Cherub, you''re making my point for me. You''re now assuming ("My guess is...") that Doncaster is still on the board when there is no evidence at all that he is. This has become another of those internet "myth" threads based in this case on one poster''s inability to understand plain English.

Of course IF Doncaster is still acting as a director for temporary bureaucratic reasons then the club should have said that. But there is, as I have said, a simple way of finding out. Ask the club''s head of media.

As to your last point, we don''t KNOW if there has been no progress replacing Munby and Doncaster. That is another of your assumptions. However, I believe if Doncaster was  going to be got rid of then Smith and Jones should have got a replacement lined up first, and I posted to that effect long before he was sacked.[/quote]

So what''s the problem with having a guess?  I didn''t state it as fact and this isn''t a court of law.

The "evidence" that they are no longer on the board consists solely of a piece in the local paper.  Hardly conclusive.  The evidence that they could be consists in the fact that the club would be breaching its constitution if they were not.  I know which I think is more likely.

I agree that we don''t know there''s been no progress, but they did say at the time that we could expect further developments very soon.  Since then, total silence.  A progress report is overdue imo.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

So what''s the problem with having a guess?

[/quote]Again, you make my point for me. Rather than being bone idle and having a guess why not go to the slight trouble of emailing the head of media to find out?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

So what''s the problem with having a guess?

[/quote]

Again, you make my point for me. Rather than being bone idle and having a guess why not go to the slight trouble of emailing the head of media to find out?[/quote]

And you ignore the main part of my post which exposes the flimsiness of your so-called "evidence" to make a cheap crack. 

Canary cherub, it is very simple. If you think Neil Doncaster might still be a director, and you care enough to want to know, then go to the small trouble of finding out.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Canary cherub, it is very simple. If you think Neil Doncaster might still be a director, and you care enough to want to know, then go to the small trouble of finding out.[/quote]

. . . which takes us nicely back to where this thread started.  If Companies House have no record of his resignation then in legal terms he''s still on the board.  That''s good enough for me.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Canary cherub, it is very simple. If you think Neil Doncaster might still be a director, and you care enough to want to know, then go to the small trouble of finding out.[/quote]

. . . which takes us nicely back to where this thread started.  If Companies House have no record of his resignation then in legal terms he''s still on the board.  That''s good enough for me.

[/quote]

Which simply confirms my assessment of you.

Daphne (formerly Old Yellow Bird)]

Yankee - I know it is bad etiquette to criticise the grammar/spelling of posters, but I can''t let you get away with your definition of "critic". This side of the Atlantic a critic is someone who reviews, or judges, the merits of something - a play, concert or football match - and gives their opinion. This opinion can be deliriously OTT in its admiration, or negative and condemnatory. The word "critical" usually implies negative criticism, but to be a "critic" usually implies passing an opinion. I am only taking you to task because I am a great admirer of your usually thoughtful and lucid posts on this board - most of which display your excellent critical faculties!

Daphne, thank you for the nice way you corrected me. Critic is also used this side of the Atlantic in the way you suggested. The context with which I used it here was related to the point LQ made regarding "fans" and Fernando''s response to it. I did not think I was incorrect so I consulted the Oxford and "critic" has two definitions. The one I used ( correctly in this context ) as well as the one that you and I both understand for other purposes. 

[quote user="peartreeproductions"]Ok here is my take on things:

I thought the other day about checking companies house myself.  The level of spin coming out of the club recently means that not everything is as transparent as some fans would like.  Besides which it takes 2 minutes to check with companies house (i just have).  So TFA hasnt got an undiagnosed OCD as some would suggest!

I have online access to Companies House and only two minutes ago checked it again. The last resignations filed were Andrew and Sharon Turner in September 2008.  As TFA pointed out resignations should be notified within 14 days to Companies House.  However, just because Companies House has not been informed does not mean he is still a director.  That would need clarification from Co''s House.

It does appear to be either an oversight or a cover up.  I say the last option as I believe it is clear that the club intended us to believe that Munby and Doncaster had left the club completely.

[/quote]

Thank you for the above post.

Its now up to the club to clarify as to whether Neil Doncaster is still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

I thought the other day about checking companies house myself.  The level of spin coming out of the club recently means that not everything is as transparent as some fans would like.  Besides which it takes 2 minutes to check with companies house (i just have).  So TFA hasnt got an undiagnosed OCD as some would suggest!

I have online access to Companies House and only two minutes ago checked it again. The last resignations filed were Andrew and Sharon Turner in September 2008.  As TFA pointed out resignations should be notified within 14 days to Companies House.  However, just because Companies House has not been informed does not mean he is still a director.  That would need clarification from Co''s House.

It does appear to be either an oversight or a cover up.  I say the last option as I believe it is clear that the club intended us to believe that Munby and Doncaster had left the club completely.

[/quote]

Its now up to the club to clarify as to whether Neil Doncaster is still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.

[/quote]

It was always up to the club owners to make a statement when ready.....and they will. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.

No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. [/quote]

So you will have no problem producing the evidence, i.e., form 288b that N. Doncaster has had his position  as a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc. terminated .  

Just to help you the company number for Norwich City Football Club Plc is 00154044 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was always up to the club owners to make a statement when ready.....and they will. 

[/quote]

However they have no choice in lodging with Companies House, form 288b, within fourteen working days; if a person has been terminated from their position as a director of a company, i.e., Norwich City Football Club Plc.  

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. [/quote]

So you will have no problem producing the evidence, i.e., form 288b that N. Doncaster has had his position  as a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc. terminated .  

Just to help you the company number for Norwich City Football Club Plc is 00154044 

[/quote]

Why would PC do that when you ( and others like you ) are the ones getting your shorts in a twist.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Why would PC do that when you ( and others like you ) are the ones getting your shorts in a twist.

[/quote]

I''m not getting my shorts in a twist. I know exactly where I stand on this issue.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not getting my shorts in a twist. I know exactly where I stand on this issue.

[/quote]

Your shorts are in a twist because YOU apparently want ( and are certainly interested ) in the information but you want someone else to make the call for you. Now, get your underwear straightened out and take care of your own dirty laundry.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your shorts are in a twist because YOU apparently want ( and are certainly interested ) in the information but you want someone else to make the call for you. Now, get your underwear straightened out and take care of your own dirty laundry.

[/quote]

I''ve made the call to Companies House and I have made my case via this thread.

If the non believers want to prove their case then they can provide the evidence to support their argument.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the non believers want to prove their case then they can provide the evidence to support their argument.

[/quote]

I refer you to my earlier answer:

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I refer you to my earlier answer:

[/quote]

Oh, do you think they''ll make a statement after the deadline for the rebates have passed? [:|]

Not dissimaller to them appointing Mr Gunn as manager - just before the NCISA St Andrew''s meeting....Whoosh!

The NCFC board can certainly see fit to move rapido when it suits them....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]That''s "dissimilar" Mello. You better stick to pictures.[/quote]

I know, it was quite delibarate...You stick to what you do best... 

I''m sure if I trawl through your postings, I''ll find incorrekt spelluns....

Is it just possible than RM is still a director so the Company complies with the requirement of it''s legal requirements to have a minimum of four directors, whilst ND may just simply be working a notice period and assisting with CEO duties "undercover" until a new CEO is found?

[quote user="GMF"]Is it just possible than RM is still a director so the Company complies with the requirement of it''s legal requirements to have a minimum of four directors, whilst ND may just simply be working a notice period and assisting with CEO duties "undercover" until a new CEO is found?[/quote]

That is very laudable GMF but why the sob goodbyes and why the statement issued by the club.

In both cases they would/should have known the legal requirements relating to the board. Doncaster is a solicitor  for goodness sake!

Again are we being ever so economical with what thruths are told?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="GMF"]Is it just possible than RM is still a director so the Company complies with the requirement of it''s legal requirements to have a minimum of four directors, whilst ND may just simply be working a notice period and assisting with CEO duties "undercover" until a new CEO is found?[/quote]

That is very laudable GMF but why the sob goodbyes and why the statement issued by the club.

In both cases they would/should have known the legal requirements relating to the board. Doncaster is a solicitor  for goodness sake!

[/quote]

Hence my "undercover" reference! What concerns me is that it typically takes three to six months for aCompany to replace a CEO, given the interview process and notice periods they may have to serve at their exisitng company. Can we really afford to be without a CEO for that long? That''s why I''d actually be very surprised if he''d actually left the building already. 

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Hence my "undercover" reference! What concerns me is that it typically takes three to six months for aCompany to replace a CEO, given the interview process and notice periods they may have to serve at their exisitng company. Can we really afford to be without a CEO for that long? That''s why I''d actually be very surprised if he''d actually left the building already. 

[/quote]

So why did they make the statement in the first place other than a rash attempt at fan appeasment.

That''s the main problem with the present duo, Delia does have this remakable talent of speaking/acting first then sitting back and watching the chaos unfold!!

I have no idea The Butler, I have no involvement with the press statements, although, to be fair, the reference was to "Stepping Down." As far as I recall, there was no reference to resignations or sackings, but it would seem that some may have jumped to those conclusions.

[quote user="GMF"]I have no idea The Butler, I have no involvement with the press statements, although, to be fair, the reference was to "Stepping Down." As far as I recall, there was no reference to resignations or sackings, but it would seem that some may have jumped to those conclusions.[/quote]

So they''ve stepped down but are still actually on the boardroom stairway, then?

If there are a large percentage of supporters who are still undecided, whether or not to reclaim or rescind their rebates were actually made aware that Mr Doncaster was still a controlling influence (and also still part of the decision making in some capacity) at NCFC. Do you think that those undecided, would then reclaim their rebate?

Just a thought? 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="GMF"]I have no idea The Butler, I have no involvement with the press statements, although, to be fair, the reference was to "Stepping Down." As far as I recall, there was no reference to resignations or sackings, but it would seem that some may have jumped to those conclusions.[/quote]

So they''ve stepped down but are still actually on the boardroom stairway, then?

If there are a large percentage of supporters who are still undecided, whether or not to reclaim or rescind their rebates were actually made aware that Mr Doncaster was still a controlling influence (and also still part of the decision making in some capacity) at NCFC. Do you think that those undecided, would then reclaim their rebate?

Just a thought? 

[/quote]

RM has stepped down from his roll as Chairman but remains a board member until a replacement is found because the Company has to have a minimum of four Board members.

ND is to step down from his roll as CEO and director, but there''s some doubt as to whether this has actually happened yet. He may be working his notice period, or continuing to act as the CEO until a replacement is found. Nothing sinister in that, it happens regularly in the corporate world.

Would you rather have a Company where no-one is doing the CEO duties?

Clearly, some clarity from the Club would be welcomed.

I''m not 100% sure that is strictly true, hence my previous comments, but, as I said, clarity from the Club would be welcomed.

Which was, I guess, why some people suggested that TFAA? would have been better off emailing or telephoning the Club after he found out the info from Companies House, as opposed to posting it on a forum.