Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

Awww...Come on.This is just too easy for a Friday evening.Soothsayer, what''s your log in on that defunct messageboard? Only from there would you dare question my history.First up, if backing someone who has influence over how your team perform (ie the manager) is a sin then I''m guilty as charged. Hell yes, I''d rather back them while they''re there. Otherwise what? Hoping they fail? Isn''t that then hoping my team fail? I could never do that. Never.Secondly why on earth would I ''stick up for'' Neil Doncaster? Nothing in this thread is sticking up for him, he''s big enough and ugly enough to look after himself! I''m questioning the motives behind bringing the ''fact'' that ''apparently'' certain forms haven''t been lodged with Companies House to their attention and indeed, to yours. The only thing this could hurt is the club I love to support. Hey, so shoot me!

Peartree, that may all be publicly available info but I''m not sure that posting private addresses on a messageboard was a good idea?Face - the number of replies is probably due to me stirring in the first place ;~) (obviously that was said in a blowing my own trumpet kinda way!)

I''m willing to bet this thread will disappear very soon...

[quote user="peartreeproductions"]And yes that cost me £1!
[/quote]

Yes and it was a stupid stupid thing to do.

You have posted peoples addresses on a public forum, just to prove me wrong?

If the Turners get burgled tonight then expect a letter from their solicitors mate. You realise that that £1 does not buy you the right to share that infomation?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="peartreeproductions"]And yes that cost me £1![/quote]

If the Turners get burgled tonight then expect a letter from their solicitors mate. You realise that that £1 does not buy you the right to share that infomation?

[/quote]Agreed LQ/Ryan - not the brightest idea i have ever had.  Pete could you ''cleanse'' this thread on my behalf please.

[quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="peartreeproductions"]And yes that cost me £1!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed LQ/Ryan - not the brightest idea i have ever had.  Pete could you ''cleanse'' this thread on my behalf please.
[/quote]

On the plus side though, you did completely prove your point.

I really do think some of you should be ashamed to call yourself NCFC fans. Disappointment in the clubs standing or displeasure with the Board is one thing, but to look for every opportunity to disbelieve those who have worked for your club is beyond silly. Here is the article that Neil Doncaster signed off with. There is no doubt in my mind that, so far as he was concerned, this was his "goodbye" to the fans. Whether or not he was asked to be available to discharge some legal issues is not something we should get our shorts in a twist about.

19 May 2009
There''s only one way to secure your club''s future

NEIL DONCASTER, NCFC CHIEF EXECUTIVE

Stepping down from any company is a difficult thing to do. When that company happens to be an iconic football club, to which you have given nearly 13 years of your life, the decision to stand down is one that can only be taken after a great deal of thought and soul searching.

Roger Munby and I want only for the best for Norwich City and, in circumstances where change is so much in demand, we felt that stepping down was simply necessary for the Club to be able to move forward in harmony.

Ordinarily, to lose four senior people in such a short space of time would be hugely destabilising for any company. But the recent departures of Andrew Cullen, Shaun O''Hara, Roger Munby and myself have created opportunities for the club''s talented senior managers to step up and fill the void and for new people with fresh ideas to come in. To have well over 18,000 season ticket holders already signed up for next season is remarkable - and testament to the tremendous loyalty of City fans, even in the horrible circumstances following a relegation. But it is testament also to the hard work, dedication and skills of the managers and staff who work long and often extremely anti-social hours to serve supporters and drive the Club forward.

Supporters, of course, are deeply affected by a relegation. They pay their hard-earned cash to follow their team, and suffer the heartache when results fall short of expectations. But spare a thought for the staff at Carrow Road and Colney. They also suffer the heartache, the highs and the lows, the devastation of relegation to League One. But it is also their very livelihoods that can be on the line when things go wrong.

I would like to pay tribute to all of the staff with whom I have worked since arriving in Norfolk in 1997 - it would be wrong to pick out individuals for particular praise. Suffice to say that the club is very lucky to have so many highly skilled and tremendously dedicated people working on its behalf.

I would also like to pay tribute to the huge number of individuals who freely give of their time, energy and enthusiasm to serve the club that they love. Without the legion of supporter volunteers, who do so much in their spare time to help with fund-raising, consultation and a plethora of other projects, various functions within Carrow Road simply wouldn''t function.

I would like to thank Delia, Michael and Michael Foulger for all that they did to support me personally and for all of their on-going financial support of Norwich City. There seems to be a perception in some quarters that those directors earn money from the Club, or take cash out in some other way, or are involved for some other personal gain. The truth could not be more different. Andrew and Sharon Turner, Delia, Michael and the Foulger family - all have simply given over their hard-earned cash to try to buy on-field success for the Club they love.

Norwich City, like virtually every other Football League club, simply could not break even without a combination of player sales and regular cash injections from wealthy directors and other supporters. This sobering reality is unpalatable. But it is also true.

I would like to thank the Eastern Daily Press for giving me the opportunity to express my views in writing. Over the years, through this column, I have tried hard to explain the realities of football life - as opposed to popular perceptions of reality, which are often very different. I have always enjoyed communicating with supporters, being available and as transparent as possible - and this column, I hope, has helped this process.

I am grateful for all the friendship, support and help I have received from so many Norfolk people over the past 12 years. I feel desperately sorry for City supporters everywhere now that this great Club is in League One. And I would urge everyone to unite behind the Board and the Manager to give Norwich City the best possible chance of succeeding next season. Unity may not, by itself, be sufficient to ensure that success. But it is surely an essential prerequisite.

Finally, I have a message for supporters: please do not assume that grass is greener on the other side, that there are queues of wealthy non-supporters desperate to ''invest'' in the Club. Such people simply do not exist. Or, if they do, they always, always want something valuable in return. There really is no such thing as a free lunch. It may well be possible for an owner to make a profit out of a football club - that, ultimately is what ''investment'' means. But that profit would, in all likelihood, come at a huge cost to the club itself. There are many examples of where this has happened, despite the best efforts of the football authorities. Norwich City''s most likely route to a secure financial future is, quite simply, wealthy supporters and local businesses using their resources to back the Club that they love. This, in combination with continuing efforts to drive further money out of off-field activities, is the way forward. It may be unglamorous. It may sound hackneyed. But I believe it to be fundamentally true.

To City supporters worldwide, I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Norwich City is a wonderful football club in a wonderful county and I feel extremely proud to have been your Chief Executive for the last eight years. Where the Club has failed or caused you pain, I ask for your understanding that decisions have always been taken with the Club''s long-term best interests at heart. Where the Club has succeeded and brought happiness to your lives, I ask only that you reflect for a moment on the huge efforts made by volunteers, staff, Delia, Michael and Michael on your behalf. They do it because, like you, they love the Club - and for no other reason.

Goodbye - and good luck.

On The Ball, City!

Neil Doncaster

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I really do think some of you should be ashamed to call yourself NCFC fans. Disappointment in the clubs standing or displeasure with the Board is one thing, but to look for every opportunity to disbelieve those who have worked for your club is beyond silly. Here is the article that Neil Doncaster signed off with. There is no doubt in my mind that, so far as he was concerned, this was his "goodbye" to the fans. Whether or not he was asked to be available to discharge some legal issues is not something we should get our shorts in a twist about.

19 May 2009

Stepping down from any company is a difficult thing to do. When that company happens to be an iconic football club, to which you have given nearly 13 years of your life, the decision to stand down is one that can only be taken after a great deal of thought and soul searching.

Roger Munby and I want only for the best for Norwich City and, in circumstances where change is so much in demand, we felt that stepping down was simply necessary for the Club to be able to move forward in harmony.

Ordinarily, to lose four senior people in such a short space of time would be hugely destabilising for any company. But the recent departures of Andrew Cullen, Shaun O''Hara, Roger Munby and myself have created opportunities for the club''s talented senior managers to step up and fill the void and for new people with fresh ideas to come in. To have well over 18,000 season ticket holders already signed up for next season is remarkable - and testament to the tremendous loyalty of City fans, even in the horrible circumstances following a relegation. But it is testament also to the hard work, dedication and skills of the managers and staff who work long and often extremely anti-social hours to serve supporters and drive the Club forward.

Supporters, of course, are deeply affected by a relegation. They pay their hard-earned cash to follow their team, and suffer the heartache when results fall short of expectations. But spare a thought for the staff at Carrow Road and Colney. They also suffer the heartache, the highs and the lows, the devastation of relegation to League One. But it is also their very livelihoods that can be on the line when things go wrong.

I would like to pay tribute to all of the staff with whom I have worked since arriving in Norfolk in 1997 - it would be wrong to pick out individuals for particular praise. Suffice to say that the club is very lucky to have so many highly skilled and tremendously dedicated people working on its behalf.

I would also like to pay tribute to the huge number of individuals who freely give of their time, energy and enthusiasm to serve the club that they love. Without the legion of supporter volunteers, who do so much in their spare time to help with fund-raising, consultation and a plethora of other projects, various functions within Carrow Road simply wouldn''t function.

I would like to thank Delia, Michael and Michael Foulger for all that they did to support me personally and for all of their on-going financial support of Norwich City. There seems to be a perception in some quarters that those directors earn money from the Club, or take cash out in some other way, or are involved for some other personal gain. The truth could not be more different. Andrew and Sharon Turner, Delia, Michael and the Foulger family - all have simply given over their hard-earned cash to try to buy on-field success for the Club they love.

Norwich City, like virtually every other Football League club, simply could not break even without a combination of player sales and regular cash injections from wealthy directors and other supporters. This sobering reality is unpalatable. But it is also true.

I would like to thank the Eastern Daily Press for giving me the opportunity to express my views in writing. Over the years, through this column, I have tried hard to explain the realities of football life - as opposed to popular perceptions of reality, which are often very different. I have always enjoyed communicating with supporters, being available and as transparent as possible - and this column, I hope, has helped this process.

I am grateful for all the friendship, support and help I have received from so many Norfolk people over the past 12 years. I feel desperately sorry for City supporters everywhere now that this great Club is in League One. And I would urge everyone to unite behind the Board and the Manager to give Norwich City the best possible chance of succeeding next season. Unity may not, by itself, be sufficient to ensure that success. But it is surely an essential prerequisite.

Finally, I have a message for supporters: please do not assume that grass is greener on the other side, that there are queues of wealthy non-supporters desperate to ''invest'' in the Club. Such people simply do not exist. Or, if they do, they always, always want something valuable in return. There really is no such thing as a free lunch. It may well be possible for an owner to make a profit out of a football club - that, ultimately is what ''investment'' means. But that profit would, in all likelihood, come at a huge cost to the club itself. There are many examples of where this has happened, despite the best efforts of the football authorities. Norwich City''s most likely route to a secure financial future is, quite simply, wealthy supporters and local businesses using their resources to back the Club that they love. This, in combination with continuing efforts to drive further money out of off-field activities, is the way forward. It may be unglamorous. It may sound hackneyed. But I believe it to be fundamentally true.

Norwich City is a wonderful football club in a wonderful county and I feel extremely proud to have been your Chief Executive for the last eight years. Where the Club has failed or caused you pain, I ask for your understanding that decisions have always been taken with the Club''s long-term best interests at heart. Where the Club has succeeded and brought happiness to your lives, I ask only that you reflect for a moment on the huge efforts made by volunteers, staff, Delia, Michael and Michael on your behalf. They do it because, like you, they love the Club - and for no other reason.

Goodbye - and good luck.

On The Ball, City!

Neil Doncaster

[/quote]

Good Post Yankee.

If Munby and/or Doncaster are no longer on the board, and no one has replaced them, the club is in breach of its constitution.  This states that the board must have at least five members, at least four of whom are required to form a quorum for decision making purposes.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

If Munby and/or Doncaster are no longer on the board, and no one has replaced them, the club is in breach of its constitution.  This states that the board must have at least five members, at least four of whom are required to form a quorum for decision making purposes.

[/quote]

....and if the sky hasn''t fallen by tomorrow morning and people appear to be moving in a familiar pattern I will asume the world is still spinning on the appropriate axis. I expect that will be the case. I also expect NCFC is not in breach of its constitution. Or shall we continue to speculate about all manner of things with, in your case, nothing of substance to suggest otherwise.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

....and if the sky hasn''t fallen by tomorrow morning and people appear to be moving in a familiar pattern I will asume the world is still spinning on the appropriate axis. I expect that will be the case. I also expect NCFC is not in breach of its constitution. Or shall we continue to speculate about all manner of things with, in your case, nothing of substance to suggest otherwise.

[/quote]

You are right the world will not stop spinning.

If only the same thing could be said of our club.

If the two are still board members then that should be stated.

My own belief is that Doncaster remains until Roger is fit to carry on his duties "as a director" no longer chairman.

Would it realy hurt for someone to say so?

Butler, it does not really "hurt" at the moment whether they do or they don''t say something, except for the those that have a desire to know. Which is a different thing than need to know. I am sure that there are discussions going on inside and outside of the club and, as the Board have previously stated, when they have something to communicate, they will do so. In the interim, threads like this simply breed silly "ifs" such as "in breach of their constitution." 

19 May 2009

Goodbye - and good luck.

On The Ball, City!

Neil Doncaster

[/quote]

So?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

19 May 2009

Goodbye - and good luck.

On The Ball, City!

Neil Doncaster

[/quote]

So?

[/quote]

So?....What?

Don''t knock it LQ - its the sort of question you could ask next time the Secret Squirrel Group meet.....[Y]

But the point about this thread is that it was started by Tangible questioning whether Doncaster was still a director. Asked why he thought he might still be he said there had been a report that Doncaster had merely "changed roles" at Carrow Road.Pinned down as to which report, he quoted an EDP story which said Doncaster had given up his role at Carrow Road. Not changed. Given up.So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. No sightings in Yellows, no emails in blue without capital letters from "Deil Noncaster", no anonymous letters to the EDP banging on about fiduciary duty. No sad sagas of Girls Aloud concerts. No nothing. But because the club has failed to deny an evidenceless theory based on a complete misreading of an EDP story that itself is seen as suspicious!It must be Friday night in the off-season. But if anyone wants to know, why not just email Joe Ferrari, the club''s media head, and ask him?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]But the point about this thread is that it was started by Tangible questioning whether Doncaster was still a director. Asked why he thought he might still be he said there had been a report that Doncaster had merely "changed roles" at Carrow Road.

Pinned down as to which report, he quoted an EDP story which said Doncaster had given up his role at Carrow Road. Not changed. Given up.

So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.

No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. No sightings in Yellows, no emails in blue without capital letters from "Deil Noncaster", no anonymous letters to the EDP banging on about fiduciary duty. No sad sagas of Girls Aloud concerts. No nothing. But because the club has failed to deny an evidenceless theory based on a complete misreading of an EDP story that itself is seen as suspicious!

It must be Friday night in the off-season. But if anyone wants to know, why not just email Joe Ferrari, the club''s media head, and ask him?[/quote]

I''m sure he contributes to this forum.....maybe.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Tangible, you said it had been reported that Doncaster had CHANGED his role at Carrow Road. To back that up you produced this:

From the EDP web page: ''Norwich City chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have both stepped down from their roles at the club.''

That doesn''t say Doncaster has CHANGED his role. That says he has stepped down from his role. So your whole questioning is based on your misreading of a newspaper report.

[/quote]

You can step down from your role as Chairman and still remain a director. This seems to be the case re Muby from what I have been told.

As I have been told that no form has been lodged in Companies House re Termination of being a Director, then that is why I am seeking clarification of Doncasters position. Has he stepped down from his role as Managing Director to being a director or has he terminated being a director?

[/quote]

You should all be listening to Cam here, Doncaster isnt even listed as a Director, and has never been a Director. He has been the Chief Exective, prior to this he was the club secretary. He has never sat on the board, he has only been paid to act in the interests of the board.

You have said about ten times that he may have been ''moved down'' from his role as managing director to director. He has never been a managing director, has no equity in the club, and as such a move from chief executive to managing director would be a move ''up''.

This is a stupidly ignorant thread, Doncaster has never been on the board of directors. He was an employee of the club. Munby is only still on the board to fulfill a legal requirement. Munby could of course be stripped of the role as Chairman of the board and given the role as a director, but I cant see this happening - unless he is going to pump money into the club, as I dont believe he has substantial equity.

Stop trying to stir up rubbish without thinking. The legal requirement is for four directors. If Munby left we would have three. Those three would be Smith, Foulger, Wynn Jones. Munby is the fourth. If Doncaster was on board we would have 5, thus Munby wouldnt have to be at the club. It really is simple mathematics.

[/quote]

Neil Doncaster has never been club secretary.That position has been held by Kevan Platt for a number of years now and before him Andy Neville which is well before ND arrived at Carrow road.

Neil Doncaster was appointed company secretary having been brought in by Gordon Bennett.

The positions of club and company secretary are two different jobs.

He subsequently was appointed chief executive and on 5th June 2006 was made a director of Norwich City FC.

[quote user="LQ"]Err...Just that we''re ''fans'', right? Phoning Companies House to check what forms have been lodged sounds a bit obsessive.

[/quote]No, it sounds like someone who CARES WHO IS RUNNING THEIR CLUB.You, on your own admission, do not.We consider the role of a conscientious fan to include more than just turning up on match days, clapping a bit, then congratulating the board on their continued track record of abject failure.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="LQ"]Err...

Just that we''re ''fans'', right? Phoning Companies House to check what forms have been lodged sounds a bit obsessive.

[/quote]

No, it sounds like someone who CARES WHO IS RUNNING THEIR CLUB.

You, on your own admission, do not.

We consider the role of a conscientious fan to include more than just turning up on match days, clapping a bit, then congratulating the board on their continued track record of abject failure.
[/quote]

You''re like far too many others in today''s world Fernando, you want to re-invent what a word means. To be a "fan" literally means to be a person who provides great and enthusiastic support. On the other hand, a "critic" is a person who expresses disapproval of someone or something. I know which of those two words is most appropriate for most of the input on this thread. I know my input may sound critical to you. It should because I''m not a fan of your input. I''m not even a conscientious fan of your input or much of the drivel I see on this thread. By all means be conscientious critics, hopefully with constructive criticism. There are many that do that very well. Do not, however, delude yourself in believing a thread flooded with posters whose main purpose is to throw accusations in the direction of the majority shareholders ( including accusing them of lies and deceit ) is the behaviour of conscientious fans.  

The input from Cherub, however, is not constructive criticism. It is what she has done with great regularity on this forum since she joined.....that is to provide negative suggestions of what the Board may be engaged in without any substance to support it. With respect to Tangy, if he had first approached the club with his question that would be one thing. Whether his approach to Companies House was OTT or not, it appears to me that his next port of call was to stir the flames on this forum as just another "gotcha". There are too many who are engaged in doing end runs to seek out or simply claim wrongdoing on the part of the Board. If any one of us was a majority shareholder and sensed some of this activity taking place I suspect that would affect our behaviour. It certainly would mine.   

[quote user="Bobert"]The Smiths are on holiday. There is no one to sign the form.[/quote]

Surely you mean the Wynn-Jones''?

OTBC

[quote user="Bobert"]The Smiths are on holiday. There is no one to sign the form.[/quote]

Lucky them!

Most directors who''s businesses are in trouble and struggling at the moment, forgo holidays and work like hell to keep them going.

Different view point and priorities I suppose.

[quote user="LQ"]Not at all Butler. I was just clicking around on the interweb while I was bored this morning.We''ve moved on to a whole new level now though. I didn''t realise investigating the legal shenanigans of public figures/bodies was part and parcel of being a supporter. If it is, Cam if you''re reading this, I have a story for you!

[/quote]The Companies House records for ''Landmark Securities PLC'' made interesting reading last year LQ not a mention of NCFC whatsoever just an elderly South African couple and a mystery shareholder based in Dutch Antilles or somewhere similar. This despite us being led to believe that we as a club own a 30% shareholding in this company via the hotel deal. Mysteriously a figure of approx £1.6m apeared in last years accounts attributed to this hotel deal which leads me to conclude that the shares in Landmark have been ''cashed in'', not the picture the club and Archant portray but certainly the picture one gets when looking at the a/c''s of that company.We of the ''Guild of fag packet accountants'' as we are derisively called are sometimes a litttle bit more on the ball than many might think and a few might want. Some of us do make the effort to do a little research which also might go some way to explaining your frequent question as to why some fans might not be happy just to sit back and believe everything that emanates from the club PR machine. We''re still fans but when 1 and 1 does not equal 2 we also are aware that something is wrong somewhere, guess you have to have an inquisitive enough mind to ask the questions in the first place though.FWIW I emailed the late Mr. D. on the Landmark shares matter in Feb of this year asking directly whether we as a club still held a shareholding in this company. The email remains unanswered.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="LQ"]Err...

Just that we''re ''fans'', right? Phoning Companies House to check what forms have been lodged sounds a bit obsessive.

[/quote]

No, it sounds like someone who CARES WHO IS RUNNING THEIR CLUB.

You, on your own admission, do not.

We consider the role of a conscientious fan to include more than just turning up on match days, clapping a bit, then congratulating the board on their continued track record of abject failure.
[/quote]

You''re like far too many others in today''s world Fernando, you want to re-invent what a word means. To be a "fan" literally means to be a person who provides great and enthusiastic support. On the other hand, a "critic" is a person who expresses disapproval of someone or something. I know which of those two words is most appropriate for most of the input on this thread. I know my input may sound critical to you. It should because I''m not a fan of your input. I''m not even a conscientious fan of your input or much of the drivel I see on this thread. By all means be conscientious critics, hopefully with constructive criticism. There are many that do that very well. Do not, however, delude yourself in believing a thread flooded with posters whose main purpose is to throw accusations in the direction of the majority shareholders ( including accusing them of lies and deceit ) is the behaviour of conscientious fans.  

The input from Cherub, however, is not constructive criticism. It is what she has done with great regularity on this forum since she joined.....that is to provide negative suggestions of what the Board may be engaged in without any substance to support it. With respect to Tangy, if he had first approached the club with his question that would be one thing. Whether his approach to Companies House was OTT or not, it appears to me that his next port of call was to stir the flames on this forum as just another "gotcha". There are too many who are engaged in doing end runs to seek out or simply claim wrongdoing on the part of the Board. If any one of us was a majority shareholder and sensed some of this activity taking place I suspect that would affect our behaviour. It certainly would mine.   

[/quote]

Is Mr Neil Doncaster still a Director? Does Mr Neil Doncaster still influence decision making at board level?....What''s wrong with us/me, wanting to know that? The guy (after our relegation) was removed from his lofty position as club CE and as a member of the NCFC board. He didn''t appear at the press conference when Mr Gunn was appointed manager, so I assumed he (and Roger) weren''t anything to do with the appointment or involved with the club in any capacity. I personally, would prefer to know if he''s to remain in some capacity as member of the club hierarchy. Nothing sinister about that?  

If you have a problem with what is posted on this thread....just refer it to the mods - and have it removed or edited?. It is your personal right - and again, if you think and feel that there''s defamation, untoward or libelous and real unfair criticism of the board of NCFC; concerning any of the ''interesting'' content within this subject thread - and that it shouldn''t be allowed to continue, you attempt to put the brakes on it...You haven''t at this moment in time, because I don''t think that you can.

There''s a difference to telling lies - and being economical with the truth.

It''s stirred debate, it''s got people contributing, either in your opinion negatively, or in my opinion with curiosity. If you, or anyone for that matter doesn''t think it''s fair....it''s your call. All the way from America....maybe?.....maybe not?

[quote user="Buckethead"]
The Companies House records for ''Landmark Securities PLC'' made interesting reading last year LQ not a mention of NCFC whatsoever just an elderly South African couple and a mystery shareholder based in Dutch Antilles or somewhere similar. This despite us being led to believe that we as a club own a 30% shareholding in this company via the hotel deal.
 Mysteriously a figure of approx £1.6m apeared in last years accounts attributed to this hotel deal which leads me to conclude that the shares in Landmark have been ''cashed in'', not the picture the club and Archant portray but certainly the picture one gets when looking at the a/c''s of that company.
We of the ''Guild of fag packet accountants'' as we are derisively called are sometimes a litttle bit more on the ball than many might think and a few might want. Some of us do make the effort to do a little research which also might go some way to explaining your frequent question as to why some fans might not be happy just to sit back and believe everything that emanates from the club PR machine. We''re still fans but when 1 and 1 does not equal 2 we also are aware that something is wrong somewhere, guess you have to have an inquisitive enough mind to ask the questions in the first place though.

FWIW I emailed the late Mr. D. on the Landmark shares matter in Feb of this year asking directly whether we as a club still held a shareholding in this company. The email remains unanswered.
[/quote]

I had a lengthy correspondence with the dearly departed ND over all this and although the earlier EASY questions were answered in full we had to switch to the phone for the trickier ones.

Suffice to say that the "deal" was not the way it was reported at the time and you are slightly off the target.

My big fear is that a lot of these over complex deals will not be understood by young Ms Gordon or even the remaining directors so that NCFC will get even more shafted than they have been so far !!

[quote user="Face"]

[quote user="Buckethead"]The Companies House records for ''Landmark Securities PLC'' made interesting reading last year LQ not a mention of NCFC whatsoever just an elderly South African couple and a mystery shareholder based in Dutch Antilles or somewhere similar. This despite us being led to believe that we as a club own a 30% shareholding in this company via the hotel deal. Mysteriously a figure of approx £1.6m apeared in last years accounts attributed to this hotel deal which leads me to conclude that the shares in Landmark have been ''cashed in'', not the picture the club and Archant portray but certainly the picture one gets when looking at the a/c''s of that company.We of the ''Guild of fag packet accountants'' as we are derisively called are sometimes a litttle bit more on the ball than many might think and a few might want. Some of us do make the effort to do a little research which also might go some way to explaining your frequent question as to why some fans might not be happy just to sit back and believe everything that emanates from the club PR machine. We''re still fans but when 1 and 1 does not equal 2 we also are aware that something is wrong somewhere, guess you have to have an inquisitive enough mind to ask the questions in the first place though.FWIW I emailed the late Mr. D. on the Landmark shares matter in Feb of this year asking directly whether we as a club still held a shareholding in this company. The email remains unanswered.[/quote]

I had a lengthy correspondence with the dearly departed ND over all this and although the earlier EASY questions were answered in full we had to switch to the phone for the trickier ones.

Suffice to say that the "deal" was not the way it was reported at the time and you are slightly off the target.

My big fear is that a lot of these over complex deals will not be understood by young Ms Gordon or even the remaining directors so that NCFC will get even more shafted than they have been so far !!

[/quote]Curious Face thanks for the reply. I knew something just wasn''t adding up with the way the deal had been reported and the way it had actually been conducted but couldn''t pin down exactly what had gone on since there had been substantial changes in shareholdings and directors the previous year. I don''t for one minute expect you to share with us the confidential dialogue you and Mr. D. shared, but I would be interested in knowing whether this conversation took place before Landmark securities plc was taken over by Stenham.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]But the point about this thread is that it was started by Tangible questioning whether Doncaster was still a director. Asked why he thought he might still be he said there had been a report that Doncaster had merely "changed roles" at Carrow Road.

Pinned down as to which report, he quoted an EDP story which said Doncaster had given up his role at Carrow Road. Not changed. Given up.

So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.

No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. No sightings in Yellows, no emails in blue without capital letters from "Deil Noncaster", no anonymous letters to the EDP banging on about fiduciary duty. No sad sagas of Girls Aloud concerts. No nothing. But because the club has failed to deny an evidenceless theory based on a complete misreading of an EDP story that itself is seen as suspicious!

[/quote]

Problem is Purple that if they''re not still on the board, the club is in breach of its constitution which states that the board must have at least five members and four to make a quorum.  I must say I hope that''s not the case.

My guess is that the intention was always to keep them on the board to make up the numbers until replacements could be found, a process which is taking rather longer than expected.  Nothing wrong with that as such, I just think we should be told.

I''m far less concerned about whether they''re still on the board than about why there''s been no progress in replacing them.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]But the point about this thread is that it was started by Tangible questioning whether Doncaster was still a director. Asked why he thought he might still be he said there had been a report that Doncaster had merely "changed roles" at Carrow Road.Pinned down as to which report, he quoted an EDP story which said Doncaster had given up his role at Carrow Road. Not changed. Given up.So we have now had five pages of conspiracy theory and surmise based on Tangible''s inability to understand a simple English sentence.No one has produced a scrap of evidence that Doncaster is still a director. No sightings in Yellows, no emails in blue without capital letters from "Deil Noncaster", no anonymous letters to the EDP banging on about fiduciary duty. No sad sagas of Girls Aloud concerts. No nothing. But because the club has failed to deny an evidenceless theory based on a complete misreading of an EDP story that itself is seen as suspicious![/quote]

Problem is Purple that if they''re not still on the board, the club is in breach of its constitution which states that the board must have at least five members and four to make a quorum.  I must say I hope that''s not the case.

My guess is that the intention was always to keep them on the board to make up the numbers until replacements could be found, a process which is taking rather longer than expected.  Nothing wrong with that as such, I just think we should be told.

I''m far less concerned about whether they''re still on the board than about why there''s been no progress in replacing them.

[/quote]Cherub, you''re making my point for me. You''re now assuming ("My guess is...") that Doncaster is still on the board when there is no evidence at all that he is. This has become another of those internet "myth" threads based in this case on one poster''s inability to understand plain English.Of course IF Doncaster is still acting as a director for temporary bureaucratic reasons then the club should have said that. But there is, as I have said, a simple way of finding out. Ask the club''s head of media.As to your last point, we don''t KNOW if there has been no progress replacing Munby and Doncaster. That is another of your assumptions. However, I believe if Doncaster was  going to be got rid of then Smith and Jones should have got a replacement lined up first, and I posted to that effect long before he was sacked.

Yankee - I know it is bad etiquette to criticise the grammar/spelling of posters, but I can''t let you get away with your definition of "critic". This side of the Atlantic a critic is someone who reviews, or judges, the merits of something - a play, concert or football match - and gives their opinion. This opinion can be deliriously OTT in its admiration, or negative and condemnatory.

The word "critical" usually implies negative criticism, but to be a "critic" usually implies passing an opinion.

I am only taking you to task because I am a great admirer of your usually thoughtful and lucid posts on this board - most of which display your excellent critical faculties!