Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Is Neil Doncaster still a director of Norwich City Football Club Plc.?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Thanks - this is not obsessive. We are entitled to rely upon the truth from the club and I dd wonder at the time whether they were (yet again!!) being economical.

The fact that LQ and Lappinitup have jumped on your post straight away probably says to me that there is real substance to this issue.

[/quote]I completely agree DF, we are entitled to rely upon the truth from both sides and I simply asked TFAA is he was acting alone or in his position as a NCISA comittee member. If it''s right to question the clubs actions surely it must be equally right to question the actions of those supporters groups that speak on our behalf.

Tangible, you said:"I would like the club to clarify whether Neil Doncaster has terminated

his position as a DIRECTOR of NCFC Plc. rather than the reported change

of ROLE."Which newspaper or radio or TV station was it that reported that Doncaster had merely changed roles rather than being sacked/ having resigned?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Desert Fox"]Thanks - this is not obsessive. We are entitled to rely upon the truth from the club and I dd wonder at the time whether they were (yet again!!) being economical.

The fact that LQ and Lappinitup have jumped on your post straight away probably says to me that there is real substance to this issue.

[/quote]I completely agree DF, we are entitled to rely upon the truth from both sides and I simply asked TFAA is he was acting alone or in his position as a NCISA comittee member. If it''s right to question the clubs actions surely it must be equally right to question the actions of those supporters groups that speak on our behalf.[/quote]

Speak on our behalf?.......Like the SCG?

Not at all Butler. I was just clicking around on the interweb while I was bored this morning.We''ve moved on to a whole new level now though. I didn''t realise investigating the legal shenanigans of public figures/bodies was part and parcel of being a supporter. If it is, Cam if you''re reading this, I have a story for you!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Tangible, you said:

"I would like the club to clarify whether Neil Doncaster has terminated his position as a DIRECTOR of NCFC Plc. rather than the reported change of ROLE."

Which newspaper or radio or TV station was it that reported that Doncaster had merely changed roles rather than being sacked/ having resigned?
[/quote]

From the EDP web page: ''Norwich City chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have both stepped down from their roles at the club.''

If I remember correctly, I have also seen the use of ''roles'' in the Advertiser.

You could step down from your role as Chairman or Managing Director while remaining as a director. 

Hence the need for clarification.

[quote user="LQ"]Not at all Butler. I was just clicking around on the interweb while I was bored this morning.

We''ve moved on to a whole new level now though. I didn''t realise investigating the legal shenanigans of public figures/bodies was part and parcel of being a supporter. If it is, Cam if you''re reading this, I have a story for you!

[/quote]

I suppose you also object to the media reporting on MP "expenses" ?

[quote user="LQ"]Not at all Butler. I was just clicking around on the interweb while I was bored this morning.

We''ve moved on to a whole new level now though. I didn''t realise investigating the legal shenanigans of public figures/bodies was part and parcel of being a supporter. If it is, Cam if you''re reading this, I have a story for you!

[/quote]

Is there a problem? I don''t see a problem? Will it affect me? Er, Nope......are you worried that it''ll affect you in some capacity?

It won''t affect me personally at all, why would it?What it could affect is our football club. I ask again what TFA is trying to achieve - a fine (great, even less money in the pot), a CH investigation (fabulous, just what we need in the transfer window), sh*t stirring (yep - sounds about right!)

Yeah, ok.Some of you lot use a strange definition of the word ''fan''.I''ll leave you all to undermine and batter the evil that pervades our club then - in your own time. I''ll just keep my fingers crossed that the ones who are going to the strangest lengths to do this have very deep pockets.

Tangible, you said it had been reported that Doncaster had CHANGED his role at Carrow Road. To back that up you produced this:  From the EDP web page: ''Norwich City chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have both stepped down from their roles at the club.''  That doesn''t say Doncaster has CHANGED his role. That says he has stepped down from his role. So your whole questioning is based on your misreading of a newspaper report.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I thought Mr D was a paid employee and his role on the board was as CEO not as a director.[/quote]

Both I think.

[quote user="LQ"]It won''t affect me personally at all, why would it?

What it could affect is our football club. I ask again what TFA is trying to achieve - a fine (great, even less money in the pot), a CH investigation (fabulous, just what we need in the transfer window), sh*t stirring (yep - sounds about right!)

[/quote]

Is what TFA asking, in any aspect illegal? Why should the club have a problem with it? They are after all, transparent, aren''t they?

Got a bee in your bonnet about something have you? If there''s anything libelous, I''m pretty sure the mods would remove it.

Everything is above board at Carra.....so, there''s absolutely nothing to worry about, is there?....

[quote user="LQ"]It won''t affect me personally at all, why would it?

What it could affect is our football club. I ask again what TFA is trying to achieve - a fine (great, even less money in the pot), a CH investigation (fabulous, just what we need in the transfer window), sh*t stirring (yep - sounds about right!)

[/quote]

How is it sh*t stirring to seek clarification that an action the club''s board has said has happened actually has, indeed, happened.

Does that mean if I ask my bank to confirm my account balance I, too, am a sh*t stirrer in their affairs?

It is interesting to see LQ that your first post on this subject was made within two minutes of the thread starting. You are also well known for supporting anyone of any importance at the club until they leave, like all the last managers. Then when they have gone, you move on to the next one. The fact you are still supporting Doncaster suggests you know he has not gone, otherwise you would not have sprung to his defence.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Tangible, you said it had been reported that Doncaster had CHANGED his role at Carrow Road. To back that up you produced this:

From the EDP web page: ''Norwich City chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster have both stepped down from their roles at the club.''

That doesn''t say Doncaster has CHANGED his role. That says he has stepped down from his role. So your whole questioning is based on your misreading of a newspaper report.

[/quote]

As a matter of interest, what do you think "both stepped down from their roles at the club" means?  Does it mean all their roles (ie. including membership of the board) or just some of them (ie. Chairman and Chief Exec)?

At the time it was reported that Munby and Doncaster had stepped down, the distinct impression I got was that they were ''out'' so to speak.

It has now transpired, I understand, that Munby actually stepped down as Chairman but remains as a Director. And now it appears that Doncaster stepped down as Managing Director but may still be a Director.

There may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation to all this.

But a word from the wise - transparency is usually the best policy.

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Tangible, you said it had been reported that Doncaster had CHANGED his role at Carrow Road. To back that up you produced this:

That doesn''t say Doncaster has CHANGED his role. That says he has stepped down from his role. So your whole questioning is based on your misreading of a newspaper report.

[/quote]

You can step down from your role as Chairman and still remain a director. This seems to be the case re Muby from what I have been told.

As I have been told that no form has been lodged in Companies House re Termination of being a Director, then that is why I am seeking clarification of Doncasters position. Has he stepped down from his role as Managing Director to being a director or has he terminated being a director?

canary cherub, I cannot answer for the EDP''s use of English, but what that sentence means is that BOTH have stepped down from ALL their roles. If it meant SOME of their roles but not others that would have to be specified.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, I cannot answer for the EDP''s use of English, but what that sentence means is that BOTH have stepped down from ALL their roles. If it meant SOME of their roles but not others that would have to be specified.

[/quote]

It is also made clear on the official site that Munby will step down as a director when there is a replacement.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, I cannot answer for the EDP''s use of English, but what that sentence means is that BOTH have stepped down from ALL their roles. If it meant SOME of their roles but not others that would have to be specified.

[/quote]

It is also made clear on the official site that Munby will step down as a director when there is a replacement.

[/quote] It says when a replacement is sought , so are they seeking one yet or not .

Ok here is my take on things:I thought the other day about checking companies house myself.  The level of spin coming out of the club recently means that not everything is as transparent as some fans would like.  Besides which it takes 2 minutes to check with companies house (i just have).  So TFA hasnt got an undiagnosed OCD as some would suggest!I have online access to Companies House and only two minutes ago checked it again. The last resignations filed were Andrew and Sharon Turner in September 2008.  As TFA pointed out resignations should be notified within 14 days to Companies House.  However, just because Companies House has not been informed does not mean he is still a director.  That would need clarification from Co''s House.It does appear to be either an oversight or a cover up.  I say the last option as I believe it is clear that the club intended us to believe that Munby and Doncaster had left the club completely.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

You can step down from your role as Chairman and still remain a director. This seems to be the case re Muby from what I have been told.

As I have been told that no form has been lodged in Companies House re Termination of being a Director, then that is why I am seeking clarification of Doncasters position. Has he stepped down from his role as Managing Director to being a director or has he terminated being a director?

[/quote]

You should all be listening to Cam here, Doncaster isnt even listed as a Director, and has never been a Director. He has been the Chief Exective, prior to this he was the club secretary. He has never sat on the board, he has only been paid to act in the interests of the board.

You have said about ten times that he may have been ''moved down'' from his role as managing director to director. He has never been a managing director, has no equity in the club, and as such a move from chief executive to managing director would be a move ''up''.

This is a stupidly ignorant thread, Doncaster has never been on the board of directors. He was an employee of the club. Munby is only still on the board to fulfill a legal requirement. Munby could of course be stripped of the role as Chairman of the board and given the role as a director, but I cant see this happening - unless he is going to pump money into the club, as I dont believe he has substantial equity.

Stop trying to stir up rubbish without thinking. The legal requirement is for four directors. If Munby left we would have three. Those three would be Smith, Foulger, Wynn Jones. Munby is the fourth. If Doncaster was on board we would have 5, thus Munby wouldnt have to be at the club. It really is simple mathematics.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You should all be listening to Cam here, Doncaster isnt even listed as a Director, and has never been a Director. He has been the Chief Exective, prior to this he was the club secretary. He has never sat on the board, he has only been paid to act in the interests of the board.

You have said about ten times that he may have been ''moved down'' from his role as managing director to director. He has never been a managing director, has no equity in the club, and as such a move from chief executive to managing director would be a move ''up''.

This is a stupidly ignorant thread, Doncaster has never been on the board of directors. He was an employee of the club. Munby is only still on the board to fulfill a legal requirement. Munby could of course be stripped of the role as Chairman of the board and given the role as a director, but I cant see this happening - unless he is going to pump money into the club, as I dont believe he has substantial equity.

Stop trying to stir up rubbish without thinking. The legal requirement is for four directors. If Munby left we would have three. Those three would be Smith, Foulger, Wynn Jones. Munby is the fourth. If Doncaster was on board we would have 5, thus Munby wouldnt have to be at the club. It really is simple mathematics.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear - oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Ryan you ought to check your facts before you jump in as that is tosh!

So kettle po and black comes to mind!

Lappinitup - TFA has said he is not acting on behalf of NCISA just as an interested fan.  Certainly it interested me as another fan.  Remember w have lives as well as being in NCISA.

LQ - the number of posts proves this is interesting and quite relevant to NCFC fans.