Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Re: Gunn has already made one great signing this summer....

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Well my uncles telephone number is 07590 319570[/quote]Not sure if giving out his number on a public internet forum is a clever idea.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="RustysRevenge"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="RustysRevenge"][quote user="ryan85k"]

I keep hearing about how we should be looking at young, talented, lower league players. The type that have shown that they are too good for their lower league clubs and could be great in league one.

Much has been said about Cody McDonald, but I have heard pretty much none of you mention Michael Spillane. In terms of the best centre backs in league two, Spillane had to be right up there last year.

A great move by Gunn to get him signed up for two years, and a great signing from the man that took over from somebody that would have liked Spillane to end up nothing. Hes going to show everybody next year just what a classy little player he is.

[/quote]

Spillane one of the best centre backs in league two?  How did he manage that considering he played almost all season as an attacking right back for Luton?  I wish people would actually watch come of these players before posting on here about how great they are. 

Also the word around here is that he would have signed for Luton if they had stayed up but didn''t want to play conference football hence the timing of him signing his contract extension with us just after they had been relegated when the contract had been on the table for at least a couple of months from us.

[/quote]

Just goes to show how little you know. Spillane played most of the season at centre back, only playing at right back when their first choice right back Asafu-Adjaye was injured. He played about 6 games at right back, and most Luton fans gave him credit for doing an ok job their. He has also played for Ireland under 21s this year as both centre back and centre midfield.

So back at you know it all. You may have happened to see Spillane at right back a couple of times, but my uncle is a Luton Town season ticket holder and he has just confirmed that Spillanes best position is centre back, where he has played most games for Luton. If you want me to give you my uncles telephone number he would be happy to put you in your place. In the meantime I suggest you get your own facts right before posting.

[/quote]

I saw Spillane play right back a lot more than 6 times last season.  I''d be interested to know which stand your uncle has a season ticket for as that must be a hell of a view to think he was playing centre back all that time, or was it just a made up uncle to try & make it look like you know what your talking about.  I''m surprised you didn''t pick up on what I said about the timing of him signing the contract or did you not think about pretending your great aunts dogs cousins sister is also his agent?   : p

[/quote]

Well it looks like your right, as per the quote below, but dont expect any apology from me:-

"I''ve been playing mostly at right-back this season, but I''ve played at centre-back as well. I''ve always said I''ll end up as a centre-back, but I''ve enjoyed playing right-back, so we''ll see what happens."

Firstly, feel free to call my uncle on 07590 319570, and have an argument with him. Admitting that I am wrong is fine, but defending my integrity is something that I will do at any cost. Especially when some faux-norwich fan with a Luton season ticket is coming on here trying to pick an argument with me. When was the last time you visited Carrow Road pal? Its good to see that Luton Town are benefitting from your loyal support.

[/quote]

Oh dear.  So bitter about being wrong you''ve resorted to name calling.  Also that''s a lot of replies to a post you say you don''t care about.

As you seem so fascinated with my life i''ll humour you a bit.  The last time I was at Carrow Road was 4th April for the Sheffield Wednesday game.  I can''t always get to Norwich on matchdays so as a lover of the game of football I try to take in local games when I can''t get to see my team.  It just happens that I saw more Luton games than the other local teams last season as I was offered some free tickets while I was doing some work at Kenilworth Road.

As for what you said about Spillane i''m sure you''ll forgive me for not believing you seeing as you''ve made it abundantly clear that you know sweet fa when it comes to this player.  Also, why do you keep putting a number up pretending it''s the number of you fake uncle?  I could stick my number on hear & say it belongs to Chuck Norris, doesn''t make it true.

If you''re still desperate for details of my life let me know & i''ll start a fanclub, facebook page & twitter just for you : p