Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

If this is the calibre of signings we are going to make....

[quote user="The Chirp"]people who slate this signing prob have never seen him play and clearly haven''t bothered to read up on the player... nor likely have any knowledge on the game.If you had you would see 9 goals last season, back to back promotions, a player''s player of the year award and a league september player of the month award...However, if you find it easier to moan and groan you will ignore all this and continue your negative attitude... I for one am really pleased with this signing, he''s the sort of player we need... and i can''t wait for some people on here to eat their words. And for your information, Sammy Clingan was on a nominal fee from wolves to forest and then a freebie to here... so as it stands all his moves have cost about as much as Gills. [/quote]I have seen Gill play many times, so I feel my slating is somewhat justified.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

...I think the rebate should be quadrupled.

How far we have fallen - shakes head. [:(]

[/quote]

Sad soul. Enjoy the new experience when the season begins.

[/quote]

Ballocks!

I''m sure hes no worldbeater but I''m also certain that with 2 promotions under his belt, over 300 games played at the lower level, 9 goals from midfield last season with a player of the season award to boot, as well as being hungry to do well at the biggest club hes ever been at and one he supports as well - he could a job for us!

We need players who know what the lower Leagues about and are prepared to roll up their sleeves. We don''t need players with an overinflated opinion of themselves who think their too good for League 1 - I think some of our loanees from the last 2 seasons fall into this category!

I''d rather have someone like Matthew Gill than guys like Sibierski, Cort, Koroma, Gibbs and the many others who were not up for the fight in recent seasons. I''m sure that Gill would not have played over 300 games if he didn''t have any fight in him!

I wonder if he comes with a gert great banner like that Hearts loser Bruliarse we signed?

Remember all the nonsense about him? Some never learn do they?

[quote user="The Chirp"]yes but your levels of expection need names... who do you think we should be after?

Is your level of expection realistic? We all want to be going after players who could play in the prem but they come at a serious price... not to mention wages...

Your original post name and original post weren''t a million miles off mooronic.. that is unless you can pull out some names of players we could actually afford...

Not having a go but there are quite a few people on here unhappy with this signing, and i would just love to know who you and the rst of them would like to be signing instead?

im interested to know who would fit into the calibre of signing that you think we should be after...
[/quote]

To start with it''s ''moronic'', and I think it''s a perfectly reasonable statement to make. I am not going to name who we should be signing (surely thats a job for someone at the club), and  that doesn''t make me moronic either. I just think we need to see some signings that are a ''statement of intent'', not a 28 year old who has spent all his playing career at the lowest level. How do you think he would cope with the Championship were we to fluke promotion (No chance!) ?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

I wonder if he comes with a gert great banner like that Hearts loser Bruliarse we signed?

Remember all the nonsense about him? Some never learn do they?

[/quote]

Norfolk chap.........hard as nails..........good engine..........good passer.........gets more than the odd goal........not as good as kaka or whoever madroy gets to sign..........boo-hoo

[/quote]

Gill is what I like to refer to as CRAP. Still at least he''s not a loan.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Gill is what I like to refer to as CRAP. Still at least he''s not a loan.

[/quote]

It is well known that the club has to build a squad of players for the coming season as previous managers have cocked up big time in both the quality that has been brought in and the number of loan players of whom many appeared to just not care.

A different attitude is needed at the club on the playing side. At least we seem to be beginning to bring in our own players and building that squad. Hopefully many more will follow and some of the CRAP that we already have will be moved out.

Unfortunately by the tone of your post it is not just players that we have at the club that are CRAP but also some supporters. To be so insulting to a player who has just joined the club, who has not even kicked a ball for the club, is unforgiveable. What right have you to make such idiotic comments?

It is my opinion that he is a far better player than you are a supporter, however good he may turn out to be.

agree yellow wall, there has been a lot of bleeting and wailing and moaning connected with this player. There really are some sad sacks out there that will damn anything the club tries to do. It''s pre-season FFS

Then it is a sign of better things to come. I am sick of overpaid big time charlies who can''t really be bothered to earn their inflated wages. This type of player helps to make a team. It is a TEAM that we need, with maybe one special player like Hoolahan but the rest must get by on outstanding teamwork and working for eachother. The shocking thing about the last few seasons has been the lack of teamwork, we had some inpirational leadership from Dion which helped keep us up last time but remove him and we were left with Roeders disjointed misfit mercenaries. It is time to wipe the slate clean and build a proper team and this signing is the right way to go about it, exactly the calibre of signing we need. We just need another 7 of these.

How quick the board and Gunn are forgiven for the disaster of DIV 3 even free transfers from Exeter are now deemed good signings, how long before DIV 4 is acceptable and we make mnajor signings from Wroxham. The club is a blxxdy joke and so are the fans who condone it.

[quote user="ricky knight"]How quick the board and Gunn are forgiven for the disaster of DIV 3 even free transfers from Exeter are now deemed good signings, how long before DIV 4 is acceptable and we make mnajor signings from Wroxham. The club is a blxxdy joke and so are the fans who condone it.[/quote]

blub blub blubIts a fantastic club of which I am very proud to be a fan

[quote user="The Chirp"]yes but your levels of expection need names... who do you think we should be after? Is your level of expection realistic? We all want to be going after players who could play in the prem but they come at a serious price... not to mention wages... Your original post name and original post weren''t a million miles off mooronic.. that is unless you can pull out some names of players we could actually afford... Not having a go but there are quite a few people on here unhappy with this signing, and i would just love to know who you and the rst of them would like to be signing instead? im interested to know who would fit into the calibre of signing that you think we should be after... [/quote]

To start with it''s ''moronic'', and I think it''s a perfectly reasonable statement to make. I am not going to name who we should be signing (surely thats a job for someone at the club), and  that doesn''t make me moronic either. I just think we need to see some signings that are a ''statement of intent'', not a 28 year old who has spent all his playing career at the lowest level. How do you think he would cope with the Championship were we to fluke promotion (No chance!) ?

[/quote]two things... first of all, the two o''s were a typo... i know how to spell moronic... i''ve used it enough times on here sadly. Correcting me shows what a moron you are... what''s the  point? - The point is to try and put someone down... A bit pathetic.... but hey i guess it fits in with the rest of the negative absolute rubbish you post on here. (Yes that IS a put down.. and quite deserved)secondly you still haven''t come up with any players who you think we should be after... or, who should be our statement of intent... To answer your question, I think if we went up it would be a challenge for any player... but it''s a challenge you would think he would meet if he''s had 3 promotions in a row (inc going up to the champ) Just becuase a player has been playing in a lower league all his career it doesn''t mean he is rubbish, i''ve said this many times before - Still though there are idiots who come on here say their bit and not back it up with suitable alternatives. Anyway, it''s about building a team fit to get us out of this league, once we''re there, we can take stock and bring in suitable players... Just like Darren Ferguson is doing at the Posh.Some players peak at a later age and it seems Gill is one of those... He hasn''t even starteed training yet and already the typical (insert any harsh word here) who write their rubbish on here are on his back already! - If that''s your attitude in life I feel sorry for your nearest and dearest.

[quote user="book end"]Then it is a sign of better things to come. I am sick of overpaid big time charlies who can''t really be bothered to earn their inflated wages. This type of player helps to make a team. It is a TEAM that we need, with maybe one special player like Hoolahan but the rest must get by on outstanding teamwork and working for eachother. The shocking thing about the last few seasons has been the lack of teamwork, we had some inpirational leadership from Dion which helped keep us up last time but remove him and we were left with Roeders disjointed misfit mercenaries. It is time to wipe the slate clean and build a proper team and this signing is the right way to go about it, exactly the calibre of signing we need. We just need another 7 of these.[/quote]

Could not agree more Book End.  A team of Norwich City players is what is needed.

i fail to see how anyone can call him crap when he has just gained promotion twice with the same team .

he is hungry and would have walked here to play for norwich .

as i said before i will wait untill i see him play before i pass judgement .

not all lower leauge players are poor players especially the ones with the will to win and have done .

give the bloke a chance and some encouragement and he may end up surprising a few people .

some of the loan players we have had from premiership clubs have been the worst players i have seen at carrow road for ages .

most of our players from norwich citys most successfull times have come from lower leauge clubs .(steve bruce etc etc )

reports say norwich have been looking at him for two years .

cody mcdonald didnt even play leauge football before comming to norwich it took him five minutes on the pitch to score .

players with desire and who want to better themselves is the type of players norwich need gill i firmly believe is one of them.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]yes but your levels of expection need names... who do you think we should be after?

Is your level of expection realistic? We all want to be going after players who could play in the prem but they come at a serious price... not to mention wages...

Your original post name and original post weren''t a million miles off mooronic.. that is unless you can pull out some names of players we could actually afford...

Not having a go but there are quite a few people on here unhappy with this signing, and i would just love to know who you and the rst of them would like to be signing instead?

im interested to know who would fit into the calibre of signing that you think we should be after...
[/quote]

[/quote]

two things... first of all, the two o''s were a typo... i know how to spell moronic... i''ve used it enough times on here sadly. Correcting me shows what a moron you are... what''s the  point? - The point is to try and put someone down... A bit pathetic.... but hey i guess it fits in with the rest of the negative absolute rubbish you post on here. (Yes that IS a put down.. and quite deserved)

secondly you still haven''t come up with any players who you think we should be after... or, who should be our statement of intent...

To answer your question, I think if we went up it would be a challenge for any player... but it''s a challenge you would think he would meet if he''s had 3 promotions in a row (inc going up to the champ) Just becuase a player has been playing in a lower league all his career it doesn''t mean he is rubbish, i''ve said this many times before - Still though there are idiots who come on here say their bit and not back it up with suitable alternatives.

Anyway, it''s about building a team fit to get us out of this league, once we''re there, we can take stock and bring in suitable players... Just like Darren Ferguson is doing at the Posh.

Some players peak at a later age and it seems Gill is one of those... He hasn''t even starteed training yet and already the typical (insert any harsh word here) who write their rubbish on here are on his back already! - If that''s your attitude in life I feel sorry for your nearest and dearest.
[/quote]

Oh dear.

With that alone you have stooped lower than I ever could. I have stated my opinion, you don''t agree - fair enough - BUT I would never call you a moron simply because you don''t agree with me, but if you feel that as I don''t agree with you it makes me a moron, I''m a moron.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

two things... first of all, the two o''s were a typo... i know how to spell moronic... i''ve used it enough times on here sadly. Correcting me shows what a moron you are... what''s the  point? - The point is to try and put someone down... A bit pathetic.... but hey i guess it fits in with the rest of the negative absolute rubbish you post on here. (Yes that IS a put down.. and quite deserved)

secondly you still haven''t come up with any players who you think we should be after... or, who should be our statement of intent...

To answer your question, I think if we went up it would be a challenge for any player... but it''s a challenge you would think he would meet if he''s had 3 promotions in a row (inc going up to the champ) Just becuase a player has been playing in a lower league all his career it doesn''t mean he is rubbish, i''ve said this many times before - Still though there are idiots who come on here say their bit and not back it up with suitable alternatives.

Anyway, it''s about building a team fit to get us out of this league, once we''re there, we can take stock and bring in suitable players... Just like Darren Ferguson is doing at the Posh.

Some players peak at a later age and it seems Gill is one of those... He hasn''t even starteed training yet and already the typical (insert any harsh word here) who write their rubbish on here are on his back already! - If that''s your attitude in life I feel sorry for your nearest and dearest.
[/quote]

Oh dear.

With that alone you have stooped lower than I ever could. I have stated my opinion, you don''t agree - fair enough - BUT I would never call you a moron simply because you don''t agree with me, but if you feel that as I don''t agree with you it makes me a moron, I''m a moron.

[/quote]

Very defeatist Wazz?.......

If you don''t call him a moron he''ll think you''re scared of him you know.  Go on..... be abusive and we''ll all promise to look away when you do it.

[quote user="The Chirp"]people who slate this signing prob have never seen him play and clearly haven''t bothered to read up on the player... nor likely have any knowledge on the game.

If you had you would see 9 goals last season, back to back promotions, a player''s player of the year award and a league september player of the month award...

However, if you find it easier to moan and groan you will ignore all this and continue your negative attitude...

I for one am really pleased with this signing, he''s the sort of player we need... and i can''t wait for some people on here to eat their words.

And for your information, Sammy Clingan was on a nominal fee from wolves to forest and then a freebie to here... so as it stands all his moves have cost about as much as Gills.
[/quote]

the may have knowledge for the game!!

As we have been left with very few players because of the idiotic number of loans last season and of that very few there are only two or three who are decent players and they are likely to be gone before next season starts is it not reasonable to think that we have to build a squad of players for next season?

If you agree that we have to build a squad for next season then it must follow that we will have to sign many more players than just one. Are you foolish enough to think that Gill is not even good enough to be a squad member without even seeing him play?

I know it is a hard reality to come to terms with but ......... we are in Division Three! We have no money! We are not able to spend millions of pounds on players! Players who are proven quality will not want to play in Division Three!

What choices have we but to build a squad ... not all youngsters, not all in their mid thirties and not all proven at this level but a mixture that can blend into a TEAM. Which, I am afraid, we have not had for far too long.

I just hope we get a team of our own players and have enough sense to keep loans to a minimum, if not none at all as the only people who really benefit from loans are the clubs we loan from.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]yes but your levels of expection need names... who do you think we should be after? Is your level of expection realistic? We all want to be going after players who could play in the prem but they come at a serious price... not to mention wages... Your original post name and original post weren''t a million miles off mooronic.. that is unless you can pull out some names of players we could actually afford... Not having a go but there are quite a few people on here unhappy with this signing, and i would just love to know who you and the rst of them would like to be signing instead? im interested to know who would fit into the calibre of signing that you think we should be after... [/quote]

[/quote]two things... first of all, the two o''s were a typo... i know how to spell moronic... i''ve used it enough times on here sadly. Correcting me shows what a moron you are... what''s the  point? - The point is to try and put someone down... A bit pathetic.... but hey i guess it fits in with the rest of the negative absolute rubbish you post on here. (Yes that IS a put down.. and quite deserved)secondly you still haven''t come up with any players who you think we should be after... or, who should be our statement of intent... To answer your question, I think if we went up it would be a challenge for any player... but it''s a challenge you would think he would meet if he''s had 3 promotions in a row (inc going up to the champ) Just becuase a player has been playing in a lower league all his career it doesn''t mean he is rubbish, i''ve said this many times before - Still though there are idiots who come on here say their bit and not back it up with suitable alternatives. Anyway, it''s about building a team fit to get us out of this league, once we''re there, we can take stock and bring in suitable players... Just like Darren Ferguson is doing at the Posh.Some players peak at a later age and it seems Gill is one of those... He hasn''t even starteed training yet and already the typical (insert any harsh word here) who write their rubbish on here are on his back already! - If that''s your attitude in life I feel sorry for your nearest and dearest.[/quote]

Oh dear.

[/quote]well just being negative and not offering anything up does make you a bit of a moron in my book... also, the typo thing was a cheap shot... anyway, i''ll agree to disagree with you as youre not going to name any players etc to back up your opinion on why he''s a bad signing and who we should go for instead - i think it''s very clear we are a million miles apart on our views. oh well.

i have looked at as much stuff as i can on the net, seen exeter fans reaction and also know his recent history... I think he sounds like he could be a very good signing. I think there are a lot of positives so cannot understand why some poeple on here are so negative about it. What''s more, the people who are negatiive never put names forward for who they would like to see here instead... If you have an opinion on a player which is negative i think it is only right to back it up with reasons why and to say who you would rather see playing for norwich. There are a number of people on here, (and i am not saying wazz is or isn''t one of them) who are never happy and only see the bad in everything... people who spin each and every bit of news to be a negative. That''s what i am having a go at as you say. People seem to be negative whatever the news and it''s ruining this messageboard. - I am sure i am not the only person who thinks that.

But you do the same - just substitute positive for negative. And calling someone a moron for disagreeing with you isn''t doing you any favours.And I am not going to write anybody off before they''ve even played a game but you must at least understand why people are underwhelmed by it? You''ve never even seen him play for God''s sake so you can''t make any sort of judgement, it''s just guesswork. So it''s a bit cheeky to say why you can''t understand why people are negative. And who''s to say that other people haven''t done the same as you (i.e. looked at Exeter fans'' opinions etc)? Everyone''s guessing so just stop having a go, it''s getting tiresome.

You''re right it is very tiresome... I think really people don''t like it when someone is positive on here. I don''t see it as all positive i can assure you... for the last 4/5 seasons i have said the board is a real issue and that we won''t move forward until something changes... my blog backs that up if you''ve ever been bored enough to read it!I do think it is moronic when people just look down on everything... if wazzock said i think he is a poor signing because we should be going after fletcher from palace who was on a free, adam from rangers or Izzet from Colchester instead of Gill i would have said, well fair enough, you have an opinion on the signing and back it up with alternatives. But i didn''t.  Regarding your bit about not seeing him play... i don''t think you need to see him play to see he is a decent signing... we have taken a player who has had a very decent last couple of years from a club in the same league as us... and on a free! Reading match reports also show him in a very positive light... I''ve looked and trust me it is hard to find a negative Gill match report from his time at exeter.I can see why people might be underwhelmed but (and again i ask) who were you expecting??? We''re in league one and we havn''t two pennies to rub together. He''s had two promotions in the last two seasons and knows the league well... He is the sort of player we need to get out of this mess. 

It''s funny when you take a step back and have a look you start to see a pattern.Many of those that doubt are the ones that last season were wanting relegation or at least accepting of it.Strangely rather than saying I told you so they are actually acting as if they are surprised. Surprised that we have been relegated and surprised that now we are a League One club we are looking at players that are of a good League One standard.They then go on to bemoan this and doubt that they will set the world on fire - is anyone else prepared for another season of "relegation would be good for us" or "I want relegation just so __________ (insert board members name) looks like a wally and they leave".The priority is for the club to get back into the Championship as quickly as possible. We had a rediculously big wage bill for the last few seasons which Doncaster waffled on about but never seemed to do anything to stem - why offer Fotheringham the highest wages? We need to cut down in wages and yet bring in players that are proven and have quality at this level which may well see them being able to play at the next level too.In other words we need to be League One competative. For that we need good sound League One capable players. It will be interesting to see how our ''better'' players cope next season with the rough and tumble.With Gill we have someone who has played at this level and knows the league well. And to be honest I believe that he will do well. He may well not set the world on fire but then neither did Gary Holt or Malky Mackay or Iwan Roberts when they signed for us. Yet they turned out to be some of the best members of the play-off and promotion wining sides.

We should not be settling for players of div 3 standard but with players who have potential to play in the championship, thats  where should have the ambition and have a go, years in div3 or worse will be a disaster for City from which they may never recover.

the last sentence hits the nail on the head... he''s not a ''wow!'' player but he is one that will come in and likely do a steady job for us... this believe it or not is what we need. We have been weak all over the last few seasons, but bar sammy c we were very poor in midfield. he is likely to be one of many signings from the lower leagues... people need to realise that this is the sort of player we need... It will come to nothing though if we don''t find at least one decent goalscorer though... if you want to get out of any league you need goals... scunny had hayes and hooper on 20 or so, leicester had fryatt on 30 odd whilst peterborough have m-s and mclean plus boyd all in the high teens... If gill can add a few goals like last season plus add some assists (last seasons highest assist player was Bell on 7 not good... esp as he is a coventry player now!) then hopefully even the most negative fan will be sort of... nearly... approaching satisfied. :-)

[quote user="ricky knight"]We should not be settling for players of div 3 standard but with players who have potential to play in the championship, thats  where should have the ambition and have a go, years in div3 or worse will be a disaster for City from which they may never recover.[/quote]true, we need players with that potential... who''s to say he doesn''t now have it? we shall see.... i for one hope he does... if he doesn''t however but manages to help us out oof thiis league then job done.. sign someone who is up to that standard who''ll then want to come to a championship club. L1 teams find it very hard getting that sort of player who you mention when teams like plymouth, leicester and sheff weds are all fishing in the same pool.