Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

Pompey set for takeover

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Large amounts of cash going to Sunderland too.[/quote]

All part of the grand global plan, no doubt, which will end with the Premier League being closed off to everyone else and with matches played in the Far East, Middle East, China, Europe. Only the very rich need apply. 

These investors are looking to acquire a football club. What we need are people looking to get into the catering trade. Let''s be having you!!!!!!!!!!

Still on the upside, no imminent danger of NCFC losing the values that make it a family and community club.

Reminds me of how schools deal with fat wheezy kids in PE nowadays.  No need to compete, let''s all just have a good time and be home in time for heartbeat...

Not to worry im sure Foulger will unleash his new investment soon , a couple of yes men to join Delias Board with the promise of a few thousand to pay the wages of our freebie signings . Maybe we will hear something at the Norfolk show when Delia is tanked up again .

At this momment in time i''m afraid that both Portsmouth and Sunderland are a world away from us. It''s not really surprising they are a more attractive investment opportunity than us is it? Still fingers crossed that someone takes pity on us and chucks some cash our way.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]At this momment in time i''m afraid that both Portsmouth and Sunderland are a world away from us. It''s not really surprising they are a more attractive investment opportunity than us is it? Still fingers crossed that someone takes pity on us and chucks some cash our way.[/quote]In all fairness Sunderland is probably a bigger club than Norwich in that they have a very stong fanbase with a stadium almost double the capacity of our own and a history of success that goes back quite a long way. Yes I do remember them being on an even footing with Norwich in terms of league positioning but it would be hard to argue that they are bigger - that is not to say they are small.Portsmouth on the other hand are only where they are because of Manderich. I know you could say the same of Sunderland and their new investment but Portsmouth are still a relatively small club. The stadium is not as big as ours and their history is on a par with our own. Before Manderich they were as good as any other so called "provincial" teams such as Brighton, Blackpool etc.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]At this momment in time i''m afraid that both Portsmouth and Sunderland are a world away from us. It''s not really surprising they are a more attractive investment opportunity than us is it? Still fingers crossed that someone takes pity on us and chucks some cash our way.[/quote]

In all fairness Sunderland is probably a bigger club than Norwich in that they have a very stong fanbase with a stadium almost double the capacity of our own and a history of success that goes back quite a long way. Yes I do remember them being on an even footing with Norwich in terms of league positioning but it would be hard to argue that they are bigger - that is not to say they are small.

Portsmouth on the other hand are only where they are because of Manderich. I know you could say the same of Sunderland and their new investment but Portsmouth are still a relatively small club. The stadium is not as big as ours and their history is on a par with our own. Before Manderich they were as good as any other so called "provincial" teams such as Brighton, Blackpool etc.
[/quote]

I understand your points about Portsmouth but portsmouth is a larger city than norwich (186,000 compared to 125,000 in Norwich) although we do have the benedfit of a county wide support. The fact that we are in the third teir of english football and they are in the premier league regardless of size of the club must make them a more attractive proposition than us to invest in. Manderich did a great job with them agreed, though, although they do have massive debts. But i guess established or just surviving in the case of sunderland premier league teams will always find investment more easily than struggling lower league teams.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

I understand your points about Portsmouth but portsmouth is a larger city than norwich (186,000 compared to 125,000 in Norwich) although we do have the benedfit of a county wide support.

[/quote]This is your lucky day -we have some of the world''s leading experts on population size on these boards - you might have been unfortunate enough to miss the thread - it''s all to do with travel to distance from memory...

Why Portsmouth and not Southampton? Southampton are traditionally a bigger club, better ground etc.Any guesses?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Large amounts of cash going to Sunderland too.[/quote]

All part of the grand global plan, no doubt, which will end with the Premier League being closed off to everyone else and with matches played in the Far East, Middle East, China, Europe. Only the very rich need apply. 

[/quote]It will, supply and demand.  More watch on TV than at games, the majority get their way.If it was me I''d do away with pro football completely.  And just have computer generated games,  bit like the virtual racing for addicts in the bookies.  Each house hold subscribes to a team,  the subscription money is worked out and each team has a corresponding transfer kitty. Meaning Manure have more subscribers  = bigger transfer kitty,  Burnley the least.  Then the whole virtually generated league is played out.  If you want to watch real football you have watch a league that has strict wage caps etc etc run on a part time basis.[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]