Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

With the benefit of hindsight

We''ve given a fair bit of stick to various players over the years.

The question i present is which of these players, over the past 5 years, would you have in our team now?

I''ll start the ball rolling with Gary Holt

Before anybody mentions it, i know it''s a pointless post but, hey, it''s something a little different.

I take it you are talking about players in their prime when playing for us and not players that are still kicking about?Iwan, Green, Francis, Holt and Huckerby.

[quote user="chicken"]I take it you are talking about players in their prime when playing for us and not players that are still kicking about?

Iwan, Green, Francis, Holt and Huckerby.
[/quote]

Makes no odds really.

I was particularly aiming this at the players we used to give greif to however in hindsight we''d love them to play for us in our current strife

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="chicken"]I take it you are talking about players in their prime when playing for us and not players that are still kicking about?Iwan, Green, Francis, Holt and Huckerby.[/quote]

Makes no odds really.

I was particularly aiming this at the players we used to give greif to however in hindsight we''d love them to play for us in our current strife

[/quote]Ahhh - in that case.David Nielsen, Phil Mulryne (in his prime), Robinson, Safri and Healy.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="chicken"]I take it you are talking about players in their prime when playing for us and not players that are still kicking about?Iwan, Green, Francis, Holt and Huckerby.[/quote]

Makes no odds really.

[/quote]It is amazing how a simple question is answered by a general list of ex players.''A stick player'', then I''d have Gary Holt too.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]etuhu, look at him in fulhams team![/quote]

According to my Fulham mate, who follows them home and away, Dickson Etuhu has been poor for them since he''s been in the team. He scored a good goal at Man City when he was playing against his brother, but apart from that he''s not got involved, drifted through games, and the number of forward passes he has made can be counted on the finger of, er, one finger.

Same old Dickson I''m afraid.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Kenton! - now theres a right back[/quote]

Yup, I''ll second that.  Didn''t realise Bellamy played for us within the last 5 years though [*-)]

I''d go for Greeno and Malky (just creeps in the 5 years I think).

I would go for Malky. Would bring some good old fashioned passion. One big mistake that Worthy made when we went to the Prem, he could have kept him and he could have done a job and certainly if played, then the Fulham game would have not gone that way.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]etuhu, look at him in fulhams team![/quote]

According to my Fulham mate, who follows them home and away, Dickson Etuhu has been poor for them since he''s been in the team. He scored a good goal at Man City when he was playing against his brother, but apart from that he''s not got involved, drifted through games, and the number of forward passes he has made can be counted on the finger of, er, one finger.

Same old Dickson I''m afraid.

[/quote]

And to think some people really rate Hodgson as a manager[;)]

But seriously, I think some players just never win over fans where as some worse players are heroes. Etuhu has had two Premier League clubs while Paul McVeigh went to Luton. Don''t get me wrong, I loved him Paul McVeigh too but most fans really thought those players would have gone in the totally opposite directions.

Oh and to answer the original question, I''d take them all back now, every single one of them. Peter Thorne included!

I''d say not a player but Nigel Worthington given where you were in the Championship League at the time.  Mind you, Newcastle got shot of Sir Bobby cos they were only fifth.

Hmmm.....fan power?[+o(]

Who knows, apart from the current value of hindsight.