Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

lots of players have left!!!

lots of players have left , if its going back to there repesctive club after the loan deal or have been sold...yet not 1 player has been brought in!!! anyone else a little worried by this???

yes i know is only early after the season has finished but i honestly thought the rebuild would already have started!!! [:S]

Were waiting for the best players to go somewhere else and signing the infamous plan C players come August.

On a serious note, there will be a raft of new players coming in, some will be good, some we will look at and think no pnats and some we will never have heard of, but I love it when a player signs.

Player contracts generally run from 1st July (the date the transfer window opens) to 30th June. You can ony sign a player before 1st July if they''re a free agent. You can come to a pre-contract agreement ie Cardiff re Marshall but I doubt the Club would necessarily want to splash news of these either way around in the press because sometimes thngs don''t go to plan.The cautionary tale of Chippy''s foray down the A140 springs to mind!

[quote user="LQ"]Player contracts generally run from 1st July (the date the transfer window opens) to 30th June. You can ony sign a player before 1st July if they''re a free agent. You can come to a pre-contract agreement ie Cardiff re Marshall but I doubt the Club would necessarily want to splash news of these either way around in the press because sometimes thngs don''t go to plan.

[/quote]

Marshall wasn''t a free agent though, we got a transfer fee for his player registration. So the Bosman free related rules don''t apply. However you are right that contracts generally run to the end of June.

That reminds me - I must just go and check that I''m not friends with any of the upper echelons at the Club on Facebook.Lord knows that''d give me away if I were that silly and someone went poking round in my account...[:P]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Were waiting for the best players to go somewhere else and signing the infamous plan C players come August.

On a serious note, there will be a raft of new players coming in, some will be good, some we will look at and think no pnats and some we will never have heard of, but I love it when a player signs.

[/quote]

A ''raft'' of new players coming in? Where are they coming in from, Madagascar?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

lots of players have left , if its going back to there repesctive club after the loan deal or have been sold...yet not 1 player has been brought in!!! anyone else a little worried by this???

yes i know is only early after the season has finished but i honestly thought the rebuild would already have started!!! [:S]

[/quote]

welcome to the world of Delia and Gunn!

[/quote]

It is very worrying indeed. [:|]

As I have said in a previous thread, this club don''t do anything till it''s to late, then the spin about being out bid comes in, Gunn has already used the the well known frase "We have to be Patient".

[quote user="pete_norw"]As I have said in a previous thread, this club don''t do anything till it''s to late, then the spin about being out bid comes in, Gunn has already used the the well known frase "We have to be Patient".[/quote]

Agreed Pete.  However there are consequences to not fielding a full squad, so they ''have'' to get players in it''s as simple as that.  Those players have to have some experience of this league, so I would doubt the team would be made up of NC youngsters.

I have real bad gut feelings about what''s going on within the club, or maybe it was the bubble and squeak we had last night [:$][:D]

[/quote]Similar thread to: http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1701270/ShowPost.aspxI agree with the sentiments - the most pressing reason to have a manager appointed quickly was to allow someone to start sorting out the mess we are in with out squad. As of yet I am concerned that we haven''t heard anymore about what we have let alone what we want to have.For example I take it that Lappin and Nelson are to be offered new contracts otherwise we would have heard that they were on their way too. Stefanovic is one that worries me - I would like to see him stay because I think he could be the leader at the back that we need, he has been a captain before. Plus the fact we are rather short in the defencive department. We have Drury, Stefanovic, Doherty, Otsemobor and Spillane - I really don''t think we can afford to loose any of them for next season because loosing one of them would mean we are looking not only to get cover for that position but a first team regular as well.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]glad im not the only one.....and as 1st Wiz has stated the dreaded  "we go with what we have got rubbish"   7 players..lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

[/quote]glad im not the only one.....and as 1st Wiz has stated the dreaded  "we go with what we have got rubbish"   7 players..lol[/quote]

You know that the club is gonna come out with the same old spin, it''s not a matter of IF but WHEN lol

[quote user="pete_norw"]Depends where you had the bubble and squeek, I''d be more incline to blame the club,[/quote]

lol good idea...................<<clears throat>>.......................I blame the club [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]As I have said in a previous thread, this club don''t do anything till it''s to late, then the spin about being out bid comes in, Gunn has already used the the well known frase "We have to be Patient".[/quote]

Agreed Pete.  However there are consequences to not fielding a full squad, so they ''have'' to get players in it''s as simple as that.  Those players have to have some experience of this league, so I would doubt the team would be made up of NC youngsters.

I have real bad gut feelings about what''s going on within the club, or maybe it was the bubble and squeak we had last night [:$][:D]

[/quote]

Fine dining at one of the club restaurants?

we are trying to sell players first so we can get some money,we need a goalkeeper which could be colin doyle from birmingham,tom heaton from cardiff or luke steele from barnsley. a defender which could be ryan bertrand back on loan for the third season in a row,james o''conner from doncaster or seip from plymouth. a midfielder which could be jamal campbell- ryce,Aaron ramsey on loan from arsenal or jimmy kebe from reading and a striker which could be alan lee,andy bishop or sam vokes from wolves.

''eeeeeeere we go again ..... [|-)]  Same old crap every year.  Of course, by the end of May we should have bought at least 10 players, the squad numbers issued, pre season training started and the game plan for every match planned out.  Or maybe, just maybe, some people might be on holiday after a very long season.   Ooops no, sorry.  That''s just me being unrealistic.  Please ......carry on sniping.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Fine dining at one of the club restaurants?

[/quote]

lol nah I wouldn''t eat the posh grub there if someone paid for me to go.  Give me good wholesome traditional grub anyday [:D]

[quote user="Scooby"]''eeeeeeere we go again ..... [|-)]  Same old crap every year.  Of course, by the end of May we should have bought at least 10 players, the squad numbers issued, pre season training started and the game plan for every match planned out.  Or maybe, just maybe, some people might be on holiday after a very long season.   Ooops no, sorry.  That''s just me being unrealistic.  Please ......carry on sniping.[/quote]im not saying 10 players now thats UNREALISTIC!!! but 1 or 2 would have been nice since so many have left already!!!  lets wait until all the half decent players have gone and we will be left with the pooh...typical city then

[quote user="LQ"]That reminds me - I must just go and check that I''m not friends with any of the upper echelons at the Club on Facebook.

Lord knows that''d give me away if I were that silly and someone went poking round in my account...

[:P]

[/quote]

You need to check Facebook to see who your friends are???????? get a life!