Sign in to follow this  
ca

Were you at West Brom?

If you were at West Brom give us your summary of the game.

I was there and my summary would be as follows, thought we had more of the possession, we battled to the end,created several chances which were missed,played with passion,never gave up and were much the better team.

If  we had bought another striker back in August, someone who could have supported Hucks and could also stick the ball in the net we would be mid table by now.

Im my opinion Svennson and Leon will never make the grade in the Premiership (sorry Leon fans) and I also think its time Holt was given a rest and would like to see Mullers back in the team(watched him in the reserves last Monday)

Finally I''m proud and pleased with the performances so far and am confident that we will stay up but we do need to start winning some games and get some points on the table.

What did you think?

Agree with most things there Angel,thought the back 5 deserve a mention for a clean sheet.Leon battled well but missed a sitter and you cant do that at this level and Jonsson looked a lot more interested than in previous games,is he any better than Svensson,Jarvis or Henderson?I think not.

Cheers for that angel.  It''s nice to get a personal view from the fans of a game.  From the sounds of it we battled really well and were better than West Brom in every bit of the park.

The only worry has got to be goals.  As you say Sven and Leon may not make the grade and we can''t solely rely on Hucks.  January will be an interesting month!

[quote]Agree with most things there Angel,thought the back 5 deserve a mention for a clean sheet.Leon battled well but missed a sitter and you cant do that at this level and Jonsson looked a lot more interes...[/quote]

Agree with you Blue Hater, the defence were solid as usual Jonnson had his best game ever and Francis has taken to premiership football like a duck takes to water.

All we need is another striker who can take and put away the chances that are created for him and give Hucks some support up front..

Agree with everything you said City Angel. We really do look like a very good premier side but without that vital cutting edge in front of goal.

Oh for that striker and we would have gained another three or four points by now.

A word for the Sky team. I think they have been really fair with us. You can almost feel them willing us to succeed.

Blimey a non confrontational post - must see my therapist tomorrow morning. Nurse? Get the screens and put your clothes on!

Norwich''s biggest mistake was not hanging on to  Cooper , on loan from wolves . From the moment he came on at Crystal Palace last year he made chances and turned our season around when we were looking nervy . He beat opponents down the right side , something Jonnson cannot do . We have struggled all year down the right all year and he hasn''t been replaced . Nigel could do worse than get him back in January , now Wolves are in trouble and maybe with another striker the goals will start coming again !!

Good to hear that Jonson appears to be getting better and better - now if only we could solve that striker problem.

Whichever way we look at it we still have a dozen or so games before we can hope to sign anyone else; so one of leon, sven, jarvis, doc has to partner hux.

From whatI have seen so far Doc looked like a defender up front and posed no real goal threat but has still scored 1 more than Leon, whos touch continues to be his and our bane. Sven by his own admission was out of sorts but is now pleading his case for another start. Howver for me Leon has provided far more in the way of energy, committment and passion than either Sven or Doc and looks, so far, the best available partner for Hux - since Portsmouth we have looked far more potent going forward.

In view of this I would like to see the leon/hux partnership continue but see our only alternative - Jarvis - given some time from the bench before the transfer window re-opens. At least we will have then assessed all of our strikers in prem conditions and know how much a new player is needed.

OTBC