Sign in to follow this  
Stany

NCFC only have themselves to blame regarding the rebate mess!

I am fed up of all the sob stories which are coming out of our football club. Firstly we get told that the club are unable to sign Alan lee and that the transfer budget will be limited. Now with the proposal in place to match us penny for penny is a joke, that money should be put in regardless. I am fed up with hearing the term undisclosed fee with Norwich City, every transfer that is ever associated with our club is never disclosed. We constantly get lied to, never know where that transfer money ends up, apart from Doncaster''s back pocket! At least we don''t have that problem anymore!

The club offered the rebate to attract more season ticket holders, they should be happy that they have 18,000 as Hull seem happy to have that figure for next season and West Brom seem happy with their 16,000. Yet both clubs will be playing in a higher league than us next season! The board have dug themselves a hole, don''t give them the easy option, let them dig themselves out!

As somebody just posted on WOTB if Foulger has a million to invest in the playing side why didnt he invest it last season when it was needed and may have kept us up .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]As somebody just posted on WOTB if Foulger has a million to invest in the playing side why didnt he invest it last season when it was needed and may have kept us up .
[/quote]

Hes not saying a million he is saying 600k clearly.

600k rebates + 600k his contribution.  Likely to be more like 250k.

Foulgers 250k wouldnt have kept us up last year. The millions we spent on wages for Sibierski, Stefanovic, Lupoli and Co would have.

They wasted £14 million of parachute payments why give them anymore to throw away . Sack Gunn and maybe a few more people would reconsider , but they appointed him knowing the fans didnt want him yet they have the nerve to ask for the fans money .

The whole thing has put the fans in a lousy position and will cause even more divisions.  People will now feel guilty if they don''t give the money back (when they have already shelled out for a season ticket and are perfectly entitled to a rebate).  Likewise, those who are giving the money back feel like they are being questioned because they are seen to be backing the board.

Its a complete PR disaster and one that could have been avoided.  I think lots of people would have renewed in any case even if the rebate clause had never been mentioned.  Part of me thinks more and more that the board never genuinely contemplated relegation and really didn''t plan ahead.

£4.5m off the playing budget to make it £4m plus player receipts from player sales should be more than enough for Div 3 unless of course you buy rubbish.........

In addition cut £2m off the overheads (seems that £600k on annualised basis [before ND''s departure] has already been found last season ).

There should be no need to plead for the rebates to be given up.

[quote user="JJ"]

The whole thing has put the fans in a lousy position and will cause even more divisions.  People will now feel guilty if they don''t give the money back (when they have already shelled out for a season ticket and are perfectly entitled to a rebate).  Likewise, those who are giving the money back feel like they are being questioned because they are seen to be backing the board.

Its a complete PR disaster and one that could have been avoided.  I think lots of people would have renewed in any case even if the rebate clause had never been mentioned.  Part of me thinks more and more that the board never genuinely contemplated relegation and really didn''t plan ahead.

[/quote]

Why change the habit of a lifetime ?

The spin machine simply blew up....

It was all about getting the mugs money in early as the board fully expected Mr. Gunn to lead us to "safety". Now we''ve gone down they are in the plop without any paper.

Serves the bastards right!.........

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]I definitely won''t be feeling guilty when i claim mine back, i will not be paying 360 odd quid or whatever it is to watch 3rd division football, i''ve said before if the board went out and appointed someone like Mark Robins as our manager then i would of considered giving them the money, shame they didn''t show us a tiny bit of ambition then i think a lot of people would of considered it like me!

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]I definitely won''t be feeling guilty when i claim mine back, i will not be paying 360 odd quid or whatever it is to watch 3rd division football, i''ve said before if the board went out and appointed someone like Mark Robins as our manager then i would of considered giving them the money, shame they didn''t show us a tiny bit of ambition then i think a lot of people would of considered it like me![/quote]

I''ll rephrase that.  People are being MADE to feel guilty.  If Foulger puts money in, then fair enough - I''m not knocking him for that.  I''m more annoyed with the EEN''s plea to the fans which looks as if it was written and sent directly from the NCFC boardroom.

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]Or they may have thought " we will offer the rebate and ask for it back, because knowing how loyal our supporters are, many will not claim it anyway". Many will not claim the rebate either through guilt or just wanting to do as much as they can to help the club through difficult times.