Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Gunn to inexperienced. Oh yeah ?

Sep Guardiola

38 years old, a former Barcelona player and a former European Cup winner with the Club, has won an historic Spanish League and Cup double as well as the Champions League in his first season as a manager.

OK, so he has better players at his disposal than Gunn will have but you don''t need Messi & Co to get out of League 1.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Sep Guardiola

38 years old, a former Barcelona player and a former European Cup winner with the Club, has won an historic Spanish League and Cup double as well as the Champions League in his first season as a manager.

OK, so he has better players at his disposal than Gunn will have but you don''t need Messi & Co to get out of League 1.

[/quote]

Guardiola has, in fact, gained considerable coaching experience through the club''s youth set up and the B side and has all his badges. He hasn''t spent his time since retiring as a player showing people round the Camp Nou and hosting lunches. Other than that you''re spot on[;)]

Sep Guardiola

[/quote]

Not even comparable.  Guardiola coached the Barcelona B team  for a year and got them promoted.  Gunn has done next to nothing on the coaching side in comparison.

Sep Guardiola

[/quote]Except it wasn''t his first season as a manager. He had spent the previous season managing the Barcelona B team, and gaining promotion.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] Except it wasn''t his first season as a manager. He had spent the previous season managing the Barcelona B team, and gaining promotion.[/quote]

So, same arguement - he won promotion in his first season and then 3 trophies in his second. Who''s to say Gunn won''t get us promoted in his first season.

[quote user="Soldier on"]5 defeats in 6 at a crucial stage of the seasond doesnt bode well though does it[/quote]

Totally irrelevant - not his team & in reality we were doomed long before he took over

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"] I''m not an english teacher, but that should read "Gunn too inexperienced" I think.[/quote]

You''re correct - many apologies.

Gunn has vast experience......in self-promotion, letting his enormous ego put himself forward for jobs he doesn''t have the requisite skills for and talking a good game. That''s all.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Guardiola has, in fact, gained considerable coaching experience through the club''s youth set up and the B side and has all his badges. He hasn''t spent his time since retiring as a player showing people round the Camp Nou and hosting lunches. Other than that you''re spot on[;)][/quote]One year as reserve team manager according to Wikipedia.

What a stupid dumb comparison! Gunn hasn''t got 1 coaching badge and not even coached any of our youth teams. To even think and suggest that Gunn could be just as good as Seb Guardiola is shocking!

[quote user="colneycanary"]What a stupid dumb comparison! Gunn hasn''t got 1 coaching badge and not even coached any of our youth teams. To even think and suggest that Gunn could be just as good as Seb Guardiola is shocking![/quote]

One day people will realise there is a world of difference between being a coach and a manager. Look at coaches who have failed as managers ... Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Richard Sbragia, Tony Adams amongst others .... and dare I mention .... Peter Grant.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Absolute rubbish. People will be comparing him to Alex Ferguson next[/quote]I think that would be a fair comparison

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Absolute rubbish. People will be comparing him to Alex Ferguson next[/quote]

I think that would be a fair comparison
[/quote]

Absolutely.  Both came from Aberdeen.

Can''t think of anything else yet...

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]What a stupid dumb comparison! Gunn hasn''t got 1 coaching badge and not even coached any of our youth teams. To even think and suggest that Gunn could be just as good as Seb Guardiola is shocking![/quote]

One day people will realise there is a world of difference between being a coach and a manager. Look at coaches who have failed as managers ... Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Richard Sbragia, Tony Adams amongst others .... and dare I mention .... Peter Grant.

[/quote]And he has been touted at 50-1 to take over at Celtic.

What does bring it home is Gunny has never shown the inclination to take the badges and get into management until pushed into it by Delia and then he suddenly tells us why he is good enough to get us promoted after getting us relegated.

Take David Moyes who took his badges whilst playing so he would become a better PLAYER rather than even be thinking of becoming a manager! (Gunn hasn''t got his badges and he is our manager)

Guardiola has revolutionised the tactics of Barcelona by how they look at the game whereas Gunn has made me not even want to look at our games!

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Absolute rubbish. People will be comparing him to Alex Ferguson next[/quote]

I think that would be a fair comparison
[/quote]

Please say that was ironic

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

What does bring it home is Gunny has never shown the inclination to take the badges and get into management until pushed into it by Delia and then he suddenly tells us why he is good enough to get us promoted after getting us relegated.

Take David Moyes who took his badges whilst playing so he would become a better PLAYER rather than even be thinking of becoming a manager! (Gunn hasn''t got his badges and he is our manager)

Guardiola has revolutionised the tactics of Barcelona by how they look at the game whereas Gunn has made me not even want to look at our games!

[/quote]Your first sentence highlights the biggest problem I have with BG as manager.