Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

We must not sell Hoolahan and Clingan at any price!

Both players have been promoted from this league before, and with them in our team we have a good chance of going straight back up. Without them we could struggle to even make the playoffs.

We should turn down all bids and only consider ones in the January transfer window depending on our league position.

I agree. Could be the difference between a chance of going up (depending on the players signed) or a mid table finish.

Yeh I definatley agree we should try and keep them, but to be honest there is no way we will.  If it is true we will swap Hoolahan for Lee then would you rather have a lightweight midfielder in a very physical league, or a big srong target man.  Also Fulham are apparently interested in Clingan, and I reckon they will definatley offer at least a million for him, and we will almost certainly accept that and Clingan will definately want to leave.

[quote user="barryevans"]

agree but i reckon at least 1 of them will go before the start of the season.

[/quote]

i think both will go, hope neither though!

hoolahan will be murdered in league 1.. far too small, far to lightweight, he''ll spend most of his matches being kicked up in the air or injured.. cash in on him.

Clinkers will leave too.

jas :)

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="barryevans"]

agree but i reckon at least 1 of them will go before the start of the season.

[/quote]

i think both will go, hope neither though!

[/quote]Guilt trip part 2 from Chicken TonightGive us your rebate or we''ll have to sell Clingan % Hooligan

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hoolahan will be murdered in league 1.. far too small, far to lightweight, he''ll spend most of his matches being kicked up in the air or injured.. cash in on him.

Clinkers will leave too.

[/quote]

He wasn''t murdered in League One for Blackpool and was one of the reasons they got out.  Left a number of big burly (and slow) defenders sitting on their arrus.  Managed to score eight goals. I am sure Mr H''s agent will have been hitting the phones.  The only doubt at the moment is over his injury - "still recovering" is the official line.  But if he is fit I am sure there will be offers.

All this assumes that the players haven''t already told Gunn in the end of season one to one''s, "I''m out of here!"

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Clinkers will leave too.

[/quote]

He wasn''t murdered in League One for Blackpool and was one of the reasons they got out.  Left a number of big burly (and slow) defenders sitting on their arrus.  Managed to score eight goals. I am sure Mr H''s agent will have been hitting the phones.  The only doubt at the moment is over his injury - "still recovering" is the official line.  But if he is fit I am sure there will be offers.

[/quote]

thats because blackpool are a big physical side with players who could look out for Wes... we are a bunch of light weight fannies who dont like the physical side of things.

[quote user="GMF"]All this assumes that the players haven''t already told Gunn in the end of season one to one''s, "I''m out of here!"[/quote]

Absolutely correct.  The point is that they have the power if, as has been suggested, they are being asked to take a pay cut.  They can''t be forced to take a pay cut.  The brutal truth of this for all clubs relegated from any division is that the agents then go into overdrive to see if they can get them out.  It happens everywhere I am afraid. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="GMF"]All this assumes that the players haven''t already told Gunn in the end of season one to one''s, "I''m out of here!"[/quote]

Absolutely correct.  The point is that they have the power if, as has been suggested, they are being asked to take a pay cut.  They can''t be forced to take a pay cut.  The brutal truth of this for all clubs relegated from any division is that the agents then go into overdrive to see if they can get them out.  It happens everywhere I am afraid. 

[/quote]

I don''t think they''re actually "being asked" as you put it, many of our contracts apparently have a divisional pay structure, so it kicks in automatically.

Truth is, I honestly think some of our contracted players just won''t fancy it in League One and as much as I''d like to see Clingan play for us next season, I suspect he''ll be off over the summer.

I also think, the ones we really want to go, will just hang around and that includes Jamie Cureton.

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I don''t think they''re actually "being asked" as you put it, many of our contracts apparently have a divisional pay structure, so it kicks in automatically.

Truth is, I honestly think some of our contracted players just won''t fancy it in League One and as much as I''d like to see Clingan play for us next season, I suspect he''ll be off over the summer.

I also think, the ones we really want to go, will just hang around and that includes Jamie Cureton.

[/quote]

Yes, the danger is that you get stuck with those that you would quite like to go.  You can transfer list them of course or buy them out but the latter is an expensive option.  It''s a wait and see situation I''m afraid.  I think if the two players mentioned can stay in the Championship they will.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

The point is that they have the power if, as has been suggested, they are being asked to take a pay cut.  They can''t be forced to take a pay cut.  [/quote]

They can if they are under contract and have a relegation clause in it surely??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

The point is that they have the power if, as has been suggested, they are being asked to take a pay cut.  They can''t be forced to take a pay cut.  [/quote]

They can if they are under contract and have a relegation clause in it surely??

[/quote]

It very much depends on the contract. Some agents are cleverer than others[;)]  Some contracts stipulate that it must be renegotiated and if that is so they don''t have to sign it if they don''t want to.  There is a "model" contract but not all agents will agree that - this is often what the "negotiating personal terms" is about.  I have absolutely no idea what the situation is with the two players mentioned.  It is like the "clauses" you have met in the past.

The other problem, of course, is twofold: one is that everything is covered by current employment law and if it is not a "model" contract they cannot be forced to take a pay cut and the other is that you can be left with a player who really doesn''t want to turn out for you anymore even if you hold them to a model contract which, I have found, is never good.  This, I assume, was the point of Gunn''s "face to face" meetings.  If he got a "I''d like to think about that" it is probably more than a hint that the player is off if they can be.