Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Ungrateful Sods

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="soothsayer"]I think it is very decent of Michael Foulger to offer to donate anything up to £600,000 for the Norwich City cause. Pity he wasn''t feeling that generous last season when we were still in the Championship. But thanks anyway![/quote]

Maybe he didn''t have the money free back then, but both myself and Wiz know he does now.

[/quote]

Agreed 49, you''re tip off was spot on.

[/quote]

If we''d have said anything earlier this year we would have been laughed at I guess.  Also although I trusted what was told to me, coupled with what I knew was happening, in these matters you can never be 100% certain things will run smoothly.

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

Not really lol.  And I''m also not sure how i''d stand if I let out more than i''m supposed to on here.

If you really want to know then PM me and I will try to explain.

[/quote]

If I had a tenner for everytime I have seen people play "I''ve got an Internet Secret but I''m not going to tell you" then I would be a rich man by now.

Hey, then you could buy the Club!How about if everytime someone posted "I''ve got a secret but I''m not going to tell you...PM me!" they had to put a tenner into the Rumour Monger Box on the counter in the club shop? That''d sort out the men from the boys (and give us a nice player budget to boot!)[;)]

I''m in two minds about it. On the one hand I think we have every right to claim some of our season ticket money back. It''s not like the people who signed up for them didn''t put money in at all, they still payed a decent amount for the right to hold them.

On the other, if this is indeed a serious offer from Foulger then the extra money will be vital in terms of the playing budget. I say budget, but it''s basically non-existent from a money perspective especially after relegation.

I can''t speak for myself much as I''m not a season ticket holder. Due to my workplace which mostly involves weekend shifts it actually works out cheaper for me to keep a poxy membership as opposed to a season ticket where I can''t get to as many games as I''d like anyway. But I''m more inclined to go with the latter, I think the pound for pound idea is a good one. The season ticket holders are not technically spending any more money than they have already and who knows, it could make all the difference. Yes, they are certainly entitled to it and the last thing I''d want is for them to be seen as rewarding failure by letting the club keep its money. But we are in dire financial straits and this funding could be what keeps us just about in the mix from a transfer perspective, at least it''d give us more of a shot at bringing in better players than what we could have gathered otherwise.

[quote user="LQ"]Hey, then you could buy the Club!

How about if everytime someone posted "I''ve got a secret but I''m not going to tell you...PM me!" they had to put a tenner into the Rumour Monger Box on the counter in the club shop? That''d sort out the men from the boys (and give us a nice player budget to boot!)

[;)]

[/quote]

The thing is though, when you have a "secret" you either keep it to yourself, blurt it out or (as in most cases) hint and tease. Wiz and WAY seem to know how Foulger has managed to get his hands on some cash for the Rebate Scheme and they are backing each other up in public.

You''re right of course.Is this ok? I know a secret and I''m not telling anyone and I don''t care if I get PM''d (sounds painful!!!)[:P]

Good post superflash,both sides of the argument and food for thought,i''ve already stated that i will be taking my rebate and made my mind up that i would weeks ago,in a way maybe i am cutting off my nose to spite my face by not letting the club have my cash but i just have had enough of them p''ing it up the wall with the endless line of loans and journey men, i honestly don''t trust anyone at the club any more!!