Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Ungrateful Sods

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]this is the final insult to all season ticket holders...and it totally takes the Pl$$....why doesnt he just put £500,000 into the transfer kitty ....feck the board make me angry[/quote]

Foulger has absolutely no obligation to spend money on the club, money which he would otherwise have left for his children upon his death.

[/quote]

In that case, let him resign from the board!

[/quote]

You really don''t have a clue do you?

[/quote]

If it means being a complete mug like you........no I don''t........thank God.

[/quote]

And why am I the mug then?

[/quote]

Simply because I said so.[;)]

[/quote]

Thats the kind of argument I have always seen and expect. As well as changing your mind more than your wife changes your crackers, you don''t actualy have any arguments except the one''s you recycle of other people.....................

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="soothsayer"]I think it is very decent of Michael Foulger to offer to donate anything up to £600,000 for the Norwich City cause. Pity he wasn''t feeling that generous last season when we were still in the Championship. But thanks anyway![/quote]

Maybe he didn''t have the money free back then, but both myself and Wiz know he does now.

[/quote]

Agreed 49, you''re tip off was spot on.

[/quote]

If we''d have said anything earlier this year we would have been laughed at I guess.  Also although I trusted what was told to me, coupled with what I knew was happening, in these matters you can never be 100% certain things will run smoothly.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="soothsayer"]I think it is very decent of Michael Foulger to offer to donate anything up to £600,000 for the Norwich City cause. Pity he wasn''t feeling that generous last season when we were still in the Championship. But thanks anyway![/quote]

Maybe he didn''t have the money free back then, but both myself and Wiz know he does now.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we''d have said anything earlier this year we would have been laughed at I guess.  Also although I trusted what was told to me, coupled with what I knew was happening, in these matters you can never be 100% certain things will run smoothly.

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

Not really lol.  And I''m also not sure how i''d stand if I let out more than i''m supposed to on here.

If you really want to know then PM me and I will try to explain.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PKC"]In response to Butler I don''t think this would be tax deductable any more than you or I buying shares would, or making a donation to the club. I have to say from a personal point of view this has made me reconsider my decision to claim my rebate.[/quote]

Not even from a company?

[/quote]

Butler

Do you honestly think the Tax man would let someone shift cash from one company to a loss making company to avoid paying tax? Of course not Norwich City Football Club are not a charity even if the contribution from Foulger''s point of view is like a charitable donation.

It might well be a long time since I had anything to do with tax law, I worked in a Chartered Accountantants office for 3 years, but I''m fairly confident that this is not a tax dodge.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

Not really lol.  And I''m also not sure how i''d stand if I let out more than i''m supposed to on here.

[/quote]

Well you look like you''re full of BS if you don''t actually reveal what you''re alluding to don''t you? Especially if your only back up man is the bleedin wizard.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you look like you''re full of BS if you don''t actually reveal what you''re alluding to don''t you? Especially if your only back up man is the bleedin wizard.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol ok, believe what you will.  Have already PM''d one person to explain what I know.  But don''t even bother now.

You don''t know me well enough to judge my charecter.

I have never lied on here, I have never ever even once started a rumour thread, nor would I dream of doing such.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why can''t you get the hang of posting David? we all can!   [:|]

And Way 49 has PM me stuff in confidence, stuff, which is all coming true......still, you carry on rubbishing 49..........all three tiimes again.

First Wiz -[quote]Why can''t you get the hang of posting David?[/quote]

Because unlike his chosen username/identity, he''s a total f*cking retard.Just hazarding a guess there.

[quote user="PKC"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="PKC"]In response to Butler I don''t think this would be tax deductable any more than you or I buying shares would, or making a donation to the club. I have to say from a personal point of view this has made me reconsider my decision to claim my rebate.[/quote]

Not even from a company?

[/quote]

Butler

Do you honestly think the Tax man would let someone shift cash from one company to a loss making company to avoid paying tax? Of course not Norwich City Football Club are not a charity even if the contribution from Foulger''s point of view is like a charitable donation.

It might well be a long time since I had anything to do with tax law, I worked in a Chartered Accountantants office for 3 years, but I''m fairly confident that this is not a tax dodge.

[/quote]

"No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."  Judge Lord Clyde 1922

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]as to you happy clappy!!!!  get a grip....fans had to watch total cr8p last season and now are going to have to watch league 1 football...yet again the board are asking for more money!!!!! thats the fecking point!!!!!![/quote]You don''t have to watch anything. You are quite free to cancel your season ticket and keep all your cash....and to be honest if you''re like the fecking pr*ck that sits behind me moaning for the whole game, never singing, I wish you would.People like you infecting the Barclay are why theres less noise there now than there was in the late 80s/early 90s with half the support. Plastic fans feck off to the pub to watch your beloved Man U on Sky and leave the Barclay for proper fans.

[/quote]lol....firstly i always sing my heart out every game!!!  secondly my only to hates are...ipshlit and man utd.

and as for your PROPER FANS statement...you would like to see fans CLAPPITY CLAP the team to league 2  league 3 etc etc....wake up.

i will alsways support NCFC what ever league they are in but i dont have to be happy about the situation the board have put us in and THEN have the boolacks to ask for yet more money.....that is my point!!!

[/quote]OK, fair point on the support thing. I shouldn''t pre-judge you on that. You have to admit there are a hell of a lot of johnny come latelys who can find the energy to moan till they''re blue in the face but never seem to put as much effort into encouraging the team. I think we''d be better off without them despite the loss of income, in the Barclay at least. Anyway, mini rant over.But you must see the irony in calling for fans to claim the rebate while at the same time saying "all you happy clappers will take us down to L2"To be honest, I''m relieved that Foulger has come out with this because it means the club isn''t quite as shafted as I feared. It''s not to keep the administrators from the door, it''s not to pay the next few months wages of essential staff. I''ve no reason to doubt his word and the pledge to match any unclaimed rebates with the proceeds going 100% into the transfer budget is generous and shows he is trying to at least give us a shout of being in the mix next season. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but it''s a step in the right direction.I have no idea how wealthy Mr Foulger is, but a commitment to spend up to a million squid of cash with no guarantee of a return is a bold move. It''s easy for people to say "I''d do the same if I had his money" but in reality the percentage who actually would throw cash into a likely black hole would be pretty small in my opinion. People with money generally don''t throw it away. Geoffrey Watlings don''t come along very often.I think the phrase which sums this up for me is "Don''t look a gift horse in the mouth"

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PKC"][quote user="The Butler"]

Not even from a company?

[/quote]

Butler

[/quote]

"No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."  Judge Lord Clyde 1922

[/quote]

Thanks Beau, I thought someone with all of 3 years experience working in an accountants MUST be an expert compared with my humble 40 years in business and employing accountants with many many years of.... oh well you get the picture!

Now go off and enjoy your nuptuals (what a great word that is)[:D]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]as to you happy clappy!!!!  get a grip....fans had to watch total cr8p last season and now are going to have to watch league 1 football...yet again the board are asking for more money!!!!! thats the fecking point!!!!!![/quote]

You don''t have to watch anything. You are quite free to cancel your season ticket and keep all your cash....and to be honest if you''re like the fecking pr*ck that sits behind me moaning for the whole game, never singing, I wish you would.

People like you infecting the Barclay are why theres less noise there now than there was in the late 80s/early 90s with half the support. Plastic fans feck off to the pub to watch your beloved Man U on Sky and leave the Barclay for proper fans.

[/quote]lol....firstly i always sing my heart out every game!!!  secondly my only to hates are...ipshlit and man utd.

and as for your PROPER FANS statement...you would like to see fans CLAPPITY CLAP the team to league 2  league 3 etc etc....wake up.

i will alsways support NCFC what ever league they are in but i dont have to be happy about the situation the board have put us in and THEN have the boolacks to ask for yet more money.....that is my point!!!

[/quote]

OK, fair point on the support thing. I shouldn''t pre-judge you on that. You have to admit there are a hell of a lot of johnny come latelys who can find the energy to moan till they''re blue in the face but never seem to put as much effort into encouraging the team. I think we''d be better off without them despite the loss of income, in the Barclay at least. Anyway, mini rant over.

But you must see the irony in calling for fans to claim the rebate while at the same time saying "all you happy clappers will take us down to L2"
To be honest, I''m relieved that Foulger has come out with this because it means the club isn''t quite as shafted as I feared. It''s not to keep the administrators from the door, it''s not to pay the next few months wages of essential staff. I''ve no reason to doubt his word and the pledge to match any unclaimed rebates with the proceeds going 100% into the transfer budget is generous and shows he is trying to at least give us a shout of being in the mix next season. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but it''s a step in the right direction.

I have no idea how wealthy Mr Foulger is, but a commitment to spend up to a million squid of cash with no guarantee of a return is a bold move. It''s easy for people to say "I''d do the same if I had his money" but in reality the percentage who actually would throw cash into a likely black hole would be pretty small in my opinion. People with money generally don''t throw it away. Geoffrey Watlings don''t come along very often.

I think the phrase which sums this up for me is "Don''t look a gift horse in the mouth"
[/quote]

Specially when you are paying for the oats!

Oh dear Ryan, you have taken the Rebate Shortfall bait, hook line and sinker. There is only a shortfall if you can demonstrate, beyond all reasonable doubt, that there would have been 18,200 ST renewals if a rebate was not on offer. As I have said before the club must be absolutely delighted they got 18,200 ST renewals, and now they want even more money from us!!, they really are shameless. If they can "match fund", surely they can put the money in to cover this mythical shortfall, without milking the long suffering fans......

So ......

If Foulger puts nothing in the club he would get slated.

If he agrees to put money into the club he gets slated.

The hate delivered to one of the few people willing to put money into the club is frankly stunning.

As Southampton are finding out........... There is "obviously" a never ending supply of investors in the current economic climate.

I am not slating Foulger, I am merely pointing out there is not really a shortfall, 18,200 ST holders have renewed, which I am convinced exceeds the clubs estimate of how many would renew following relegation. It really is low of the club to "blackmail" fans in this way, if the club has enough money to "match fund", they should stick it in "the pot", regardless. I would not be surprised if somebody does come along and bail Southampton out.

[quote user="USAcanary"]So ...... If Foulger puts nothing in the club he would get slated. If he agrees to put money into the club he gets slated. The hate delivered to one of the few people willing to put money into the club is frankly stunning. As Southampton are finding out........... There is "obviously" a never ending supply of investors in the current economic climate.[/quote]

Its called distrust.  People may say "damned if you do and damned if you don''t" but many have no faith or belief in this board whatever they say now.  No wonder people are sceptical after the last few years.

And stop going on about Southampton.  Just because they''re worse off doesn''t change things here.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Michael Foulger says that he personally will match every penny that the fans pledge, he is a fan, you are fans.

Im not telling you to give your rebate, but there is absolutely no reason why Foulger should be expected to give up to 600k to the club "regardless".

A nice gesture from the only decent Director we have, who clearly obviously cares about the club, Is worth a lot less money than Delia and MWJ and has probably lost a fair bit of money in the recession.

Even if the club only collects 200k from the rebate, there is somebody willing to match. Carl Moores is a legend for giving his money to the club when we are in need, yet Foulger is insulted?

Nice one Foulg.

[/quote]

He was one of the board who got us into this mess so let him and the other two sort it out with their millions.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Michael Foulger says that he personally will match every penny that the fans pledge, he is a fan, you are fans.

Im not telling you to give your rebate, but there is absolutely no reason why Foulger should be expected to give up to 600k to the club "regardless".

A nice gesture from the only decent Director we have, who clearly obviously cares about the club, Is worth a lot less money than Delia and MWJ and has probably lost a fair bit of money in the recession.

Even if the club only collects 200k from the rebate, there is somebody willing to match. Carl Moores is a legend for giving his money to the club when we are in need, yet Foulger is insulted?

Nice one Foulg.

[/quote]

He was one of the board who got us into this mess so let him and the other two sort it out with their millions.

[/quote]I take it you won''t be attending Carrow Road next season then?Because if you do, don''t go moaning about the crock of sh*te on display if you''re not prepared to put your money where your mouth is.The way I see it you''re either a fair weather whining git/principled "contientious objector"* or you''re a happy clappy delia loving sheep/realist* who''s up for having a pop at this division next season.*Delete as applicable.

I''ve put my money where my mouth is by renewing my season ticket but I''m not paying championship prices to watch Division 3 football and no I won''t complain about the crap as I''ve got used to watching it now.

Spot on CA

Oh btw to all those having a pop at Southampton. Within the next week or so they will have a set up that we can only dream of. Yes there are buyers out there but it has to be worked at and it takes two to tango. Trouble is Delia aint no dancer!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Nice one Foulg.

[/quote]

[/quote]I take it you won''t be attending Carrow Road next season then?Because if you do, don''t go moaning about the crock of sh*te on display if you''re not prepared to put your money where your mouth is.The way I see it you''re either a fair weather whining git/principled "contientious objector"* or you''re a happy clappy delia loving sheep/realist* who''s up for having a pop at this division next season.*Delete as applicable.

[/quote]

A happy clappy Delia loving REALIST!?!?

I believe we have a budding Sci Fi writer on our hands here.  [:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Care to elaborate?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have PM''d you WAY [Y]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve put my money where my mouth is by renewing my season ticket but I''m not paying championship prices to watch Division 3 football and no I won''t complain about the crap as I''ve got used to watching it now.[/quote]

Now Angel, you can''t have it both ways you know. It''s either Division 2 prices to watch Division 3 football or Championship prices to watch League 1 football.

I really don''t see what all the fuss is about. Us season ticket holders can claim the money back or leave it in. It''s still the same choice it''s ever been. The same as the vote at The Andrews.

It''s not so clear cut for those with no season ticket but an opinion. They really have no choice but I''m sure if they offered the club £60 and asked Mr Foulger nicely he may match their contribution too. But those who have no season ticket but want to claim the money I''m afraid aren''t going to have much joy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s not so clear cut for those with no season ticket but an opinion. They really have no choice but I''m sure if they offered the club £60 and asked Mr Foulger nicely he may match their contribution too. But those who have no season ticket but want to claim the money I''m afraid aren''t going to have much joy. [/quote]

Yes I wish the non season ticket holders on here would stop trying to tell us what to do with our money too Nutty, as you say they can post a cheque off to the club and I''m sure millionnaire Foulger will match it for them [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="CT "]I believe you WAY49 [Y]
[/quote]

Cheers CT and you have a PM.

[/quote] 49 would you care to enlighten me please?? [Y]