Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Official SMS Foulger to match rebate money for playing budget..

So if it all goes wrong next season the finger will be pointed at the fans for being greedy, nice that.

[quote user="timncfc"]So if it all goes wrong next season the finger will be pointed at the fans for being greedy, nice that.[/quote]

A brand new dawn for the board...........slime, comes to Carrow Road.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Irrespective of the question of to claim or not to claim, there is an opportunity here for more than 18,000 fans.

You are about to get a letter from the club which necessitates a reply. Instead of just sounding off on the internet, use the reply to tell the club what you think about its failings and what it should be doing differently.

That is assuming you''re not all madly happy with the status quo.[/quote]

Absolutely. If even half of those 18,000 wrote to them to tell them what they think that couldn''t just be swept under the carpet.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]jas, you really are stupid sometimes - if the club have stated that Foulger''s cash will go directly into the playing budget then that is where it will go. This is not some African Charity where 90% of the money raised goes into admin, backhanders and protection money.[/quote]

you call mne stupid yet readily believe the board when, once again, they hogwash us with the line that all the money will go to players.. wake up man THEY SAY IT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!! so why the bloody hell have they not done it? go on, answer.. why the hell are we a league 1 side? why didnt we sign Lita, Lee,  Taylor, and the many others who have looked half decent over the past few years.

look at grants reign as manager, sold Ashton, Sold Earnie, sold Safri.. the board told us the money would be fully invested into his transfer budget only for us to get david Bleeding strihavka for pocket money and Ian Murray for nothing.. yes really "investing" the money into players isn''t it?

so, if all this money has been invested into the playing side then where has the access road come from? or the refurb of yellows, the kitchens at the back of the barclay etc? the conservatory at olney? i suppose they were all free were they?

perhaps the reality will sink in for you when some plodder from Exeter scores against us next season.

jas :)

[/quote]

The money raised will go into the playing budget, simple as that, it is a written promise. It is not a lie.

[/quote]

Is that like when Delia promised investment was on it''s way last summer,and like when we were promised new heroes last summer? Jesus mate how much BS will you take before you wake up and see the Cook for what she is!!!

[/quote]

She never promised new investment last summer;

Delia Smith has fuelled speculation that Norwich City are set to welcome new investment in the club.

Speaking at the club''s new kit launch, the joint-majority shareholder urged fans concerned at the club''s lack of summer spending to "wait and see".

Delia told BBC Radio Norfolk: "Whatever''s happening on the investment side, we wouldn''t be saying."

She also joked: "There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money."

Roeder promised "new heroes", not the Board.

[/quote]

She led the fans to believe money was on it''s way with her wording of about three interviews that summer,and Roeder was never backed by the board after he had ripped the guts out of the playing squad the money never came!! He tols Delia that they needed to build again but the trouble being this board tried to do it on the cheap and look what happened!

[/quote]

Obbviously 2m together with the then anticpiated 2m from the Turners is not a lot of money to you. I look forward to your imminent buyout.

If he genuinly is going to match the rebates...BUT the fans must get some

indication that he has actually done what he says, then I have not got

so much a problem with forgoing my rebate. But I do want to know for

sure, he is doing his bit, and why not Delia matching it as well... I don''t want to fall foul of a trick; untrusting most certainly,

I am at the point of not fully believing a single word that comes from

the Carrow Road boardroom.

I''m not sure how this works CT. The figure bandied about a couple of weeks ago was £600,000 so the total amount could be over 1m. I haven''t bothered to look into it, maybe others have, did it depend on when the ticket was renewed? I can see the trust issue but on the face of it the whole thing is worth considering. As I said recently on a couple of occasions - any reasonable person would review their decision when they received the clubs communication.

Here''s a novel idea - As so many non season ticket holders seem to have an opinion on what others should do with their money why don''t they become involved? If non season ticket holders also matched the rebate to the tune of a £50 donation to the Supporters Trust to buy shares we could probably get a total of 2m into the war chest.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]If he genuinly is going to match the rebates...BUT the fans must get some indication that he has actually done what he says, then I have not got so much a problem with forgoing my rebate. But I do want to know for sure, he is doing his bit, and why not Delia matching it as well...

I don''t want to fall foul of a trick; untrusting most certainly, I am at the point of not fully believing a single word that comes from the Carrow Road boardroom.[/quote]

I think you''ve just answered your own doubts there mate.

Interesting point. Will any new season ticket holders have to pay the original price? Presumably casual tickets will also be as originally set out.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not sure how this works CT. The figure bandied about a couple of weeks ago was £600,000 so the total amount could be over 1m. I haven''t bothered to look into it, maybe others have, did it depend on when the ticket was renewed? I can see the trust issue but on the face of it the whole thing is worth considering. As I said recently on a couple of occasions - any reasonable person would review their decision when they received the clubs communication.

Here''s a novel idea - As so many non season ticket holders seem to have an opinion on what others should do with their money why don''t they become involved? If non season ticket holders also matched the rebate to the tune of a £50 donation to the Supporters Trust to buy shares we could probably get a total of 2m into the war chest.

[/quote]

Im not a season ticket holder only because i still play footy myself and put that first,does not make me less of a fan than anyone else,always try to go on week night games, buy my myself and my kids the shirts,teddys etc.But no more this club is not getting a penny of mine this year its my way of saying enough is enough. You can stand outside singing board out, Gunn out but they still get your money which is all they care about. (by the way had a season ticket for 5 years before i started playing sat football).

[quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Im not a season ticket holder only because i still play footy myself and put that first,does not make me less of a fan than anyone else,always try to go on week night games, buy my myself and my kids the shirts,teddys etc.But no more this club is not getting a penny of mine this year its my way of saying enough is enough. You can stand outside singing board out, Gunn out but they still get your money which is all they care about. (by the way had a season ticket for 5 years before i started playing sat football).

[/quote]

I wasn''t suggesting anyone was more or less of a fan Tim. There''s been plenty of opinion from both sides about this rebate from fans who aren''t entitled to it. It boils down to personal choice with your personal finances. As it stands only season ticket holders have the choice to take part in Foulgers "I''ll double yer money honey offer". Why not open it up?

As I have said many times before (even to the SCG) if the club did not deal with its season tickets so far in advance they would not have got themselves into this sorry mess. 

Why do we have to commit to something so far in advance? 

Anyhow NCFC lost all chance of getting my money when they appointed the manager that took us down (losing 5 out of the last 6 games) as the full time manager! ...and yes I will be writting to them when I return my claim form!

[quote user="Beighton"]

Blackmail, my backside. It''s incentivisation.

Ever since the issue of the rebate has emerged, supporters have moaned that any money would disappear in to a big black hole.

Well here is a cast iron guarantee that it won''t and that it will be effectively doubled; all for the playing budget.

What exactly would you have him do? Say pretty please and cross his fingers? This is a cute and potentially effective move by the Board. It is a direct response to supporter concern and can only benefit the team.

So you take the money back... what exactly do you hope will happen? The Club spiral further in to debt? We become entrenched in League One? Never has the phrase ''cutting your nose off to spite your face'' been more appropriate.

Just for once, stop seeing everything in black and white and recognise that the club have done the right thing here.

[/quote]

Agreed, it allows the supporters to waive their rebate without worrying whether or not the money will be spent on something to advance the club. He could put the money in himself but this way whatever the supporters waive is doubled. If they mess it up then fair enough and there simply can be no more excuses. I know that they''ve had too many chances to prove themselves already but currently it would appear that we don''t have any viable alternatives to the current board and at least Foulger is making what appears to be a genuine attempt to show that he is serious about putting money into the club and trying to get us out of the hole we find ourselves in. Surely it''s better to have £1 million to spend on players rather than £500,000? I am not going to criticise a guy for offering to put a substantial amount of his own money into the transfer kitty. I agree that Delia and MWJ should fork out as well, it''s their cock ups that have left us in this situation, if they don''t then it''ll show just how myopic they are.

I am emphaticly do not support the board, I support the football club and I want the best for it, having an extra few hundred grand to spend on players is not exactly a bad thing it it? If other investors come along then as long they''re not obviously crooked like Shinawatra then Delia and MWJ have to relinquish control once and for all, but they can''t just go and leave us high and dry, that would simply compound all the other mistakes they''ve made in the past.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]Hero? Delia has actually put in money of her own and is now known as the biggest villain in town?! Why would it be any different for Foulger? Let''s face it, a million quid is a massive amount of money to just give away, especially at this moment in time. People bitch about the rebate, they bitch if there is no rebate, now the club are going to double it if people don''t claim it, people are bitching about it! What exactly do people suggest they do?[/quote]

**** off and switch the lights off on their way out???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn''t suggesting anyone was more or less of a fan Tim. There''s been plenty of opinion from both sides about this rebate from fans who aren''t entitled to it. It boils down to personal choice with your personal finances. As it stands only season ticket holders have the choice to take part in Foulgers "I''ll double yer money honey offer". Why not open it up?

[/quote]

I just think its more lies but its up to you,give them the money back and see what happens,good luck with it hope it helps the club, but I for one have had enough which hurts because no matter what I love this club My point is I can no longer trust the people running the club with money.

The board only have themselves to blame for writing the clause into the season ticket contracts.  Tough I''m afraid - the fans have more than done their bit over the years and in advance of next season.  This is all nothing but a guilt trip and smacks of the same tone when that letter last year implied the fans had affected Glenn Roeder''s playing budget by not using the matchday buyback scheme.

I would be happier to waiver my rebate if there is a top six clause thrown in! They can keep the money if we finish in the top 6, but I want it back if they don''t! Anyone like this idea???

Hmmm, let them keep my money so experienced League One managerial mastermind Bryan Gunn can go out and spend it on new players of his picking...No, you''re alright thanks. Tempting, but no.

[quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just think its more lies but its up to you,give them the money back and see what happens,good luck with it hope it helps the club, but I for one have had enough which hurts because no matter what I love this club My point is I can no longer trust the people running the club with money.

[/quote]

I am reconsidering what I am going to do. I haven''t decided to change my mind yet. Originally I was going claim my money back. I still might but whatever I decide will be my decision to make. If you had the option of giving £50 to the club in return for it to be matched by Foulgar that would be your decision to make. What I still do believe is that we are all on the same side but have different opinions. You, me and Foulger are all Norwich City fans. I already said I understood the trust issue that some have. But giving non season ticket holders the option of parting with £50 would at least give those who want it their own stick to beat the club with instead of using mine.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="timncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am reconsidering what I am going to do. I haven''t decided to change my mind yet. Originally I was going claim my money back. I still might but whatever I decide will be my decision to make. If you had the option of giving £50 to the club in return for it to be matched by Foulgar that would be your decision to make. What I still do believe is that we are all on the same side but have different opinions. You, me and Foulger are all Norwich City fans. I already said I understood the trust issue that some have. But giving non season ticket holders the option of parting with £50 would at least give those who want it their own stick to beat the club with instead of using mine.

[/quote]

You are begining to sound like Wiz, please go and lay down in a dark room for 5mins or you will start to see pink virgins running across your wall[:D]

My form is already filled out and sitting in the post box with a 2nd class stamp. Nice try Mr Foulger but I''m not turning my back on a spare £49.20.

Surely it all depends on what the original budget is. If we have a competitive budget and this means up to £2m will be added on top then it could be very useful indeed to the club. if this is a means of topping up and inadequate budget to put us on a par with other teams then that is an entirely different matter!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

I would be happier to waiver my rebate if there is a top six clause thrown in! They can keep the money if we finish in the top 6, but I want it back if they don''t! Anyone like this idea???

[/quote]

Nope... it should be promotion or we give you another 20%  off your season ticket for next year.

A few years of that and they will have 18,000 season ticket holders getting in for FREE... which will still be overpriced for the football that is being served up!!!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Surely it all depends on what the original budget is. If we have a competitive budget and this means up to £2m will be added on top then it could be very useful indeed to the club. if this is a means of topping up and inadequate budget to put us on a par with other teams then that is an entirely different matter!

[/quote]

I totally agree Jim. It would be a huge advantage but only if it wasn''t wasted. There''s so many ifs and buts and I''m afraid I trust the board to provide the funds far more than I trust the football manager to spend it wisely. And this is from bitter past experience of every transfer window since Worthy was sacked.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

Nope... it should be promotion or we give you another 20%  off your season ticket for next year.

A few years of that and they will have 18,000 season ticket holders getting in for FREE... which will still be overpriced for the football that is being served up!!!

[/quote]

Why don''t you, and your vast majority of like minded fans who don''t have this rebate to use, get together and offer the club £60 a piece on promotion. At least in nthe unlikely event we did return next year it woulod help provide a better budget. And just think, if we fail again you''d have your own weapon of mass disruption.

I''m with Nutty on this in that it has caused me to pause for thought, my intention had been to claim my rebate. At the end of the day it is up to each individual, and claiming or not claiming does not make you any less a fan.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why don''t you, and your vast majority of like minded fans who don''t have this rebate to use, get together and offer the club £60 a piece on promotion. At least in nthe unlikely event we did return next year it woulod help provide a better budget. And just think, if we fail again you''d have your own weapon of mass disruption.

[/quote]

I will do one better than that.... They can have a season ticket off me if they can clinch promotion.

How is that for you Nutty?

Of course I know that is never going to happen under the current set up, just as they knew they would be taking Season Ticket Holders money and keeping hold of it as long as possible when there was a very high chance indeed that we were going to be relegated.

Trying to get the money back out of them is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Like I said since I last paid for a ticket for a match... the club is unlikely to get a penny out of me with Delia Smith at the helm again and certainly will not until they have proven that they are moving things in the right direction.  All the evidence seems to be pointing towards another season of struggle in a lower league at the moment.

[quote user="Smudger"]I will do one better than that.... They can have a season ticket off me if they can clinch promotion.[/quote]That just proves once again that you are just a glory hunter. A proper fan supports his team through the good times and the bad!

So where is  Foulgers new investment , why is that not buying the players instead of them trying to take the fans for complete mugs again .Dont claim your rebate then dont moan when Gunn has us in the bottom half next season  because you deserve everything Smith and the other idiots running this club  dish up .