Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Official SMS Foulger to match rebate money for playing budget..

I don''t have any confidence that this money will go into the paying budget as additional funds. The club would never announce what the playing budget has been set as (assuming that they have even set a figure yet) so we will never know how this extra money is spent.

If this tactic raises £0.5m and the playing budget ends up at at £3m does that mean that it would have been £2.5m if we all took the rebate? Of course it doesn''t!

so Norwich City want my 20% rebate wavered to put in to the transfer kitty, well thats fine by me, but in return they should make my season ticket valid for the first and second  round of the Fa Cup and Paint trophy cup that won''t cost them anything more to sort out. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

Why don''t you, and your vast majority of like minded fans who don''t have this rebate to use, get together and offer the club £60 a piece on promotion. At least in nthe unlikely event we did return next year it woulod help provide a better budget. And just think, if we fail again you''d have your own weapon of mass disruption.

[/quote]

I will do one better than that.... They can have a season ticket off me if they can clinch promotion.

How is that for you Nutty?

[/quote]

No go Smudge I''m afraid. You pay the going rate and get the season ticket but what does the club get?

No, I''m afraid if you want to be seen to be financially supporting the club in the event of promotion then you are going to have to buy that ticket and then pay another £60 on top.

[quote user="First Wizard"]There''s another issue at play here.

Would you trust Gunn to use your rebate wisely?................exactly![:|]

[/quote]For once I agree with you Wiz, he''d probably waste it by keeping Jamie Lad! [;)]

[quote user="Posh Yella"]

I don''t have any confidence that this money will go into the paying budget as additional funds. The club would never announce what the playing budget has been set as (assuming that they have even set a figure yet) so we will never know how this extra money is spent.

If this tactic raises £0.5m and the playing budget ends up at at £3m does that mean that it would have been £2.5m if we all took the rebate? Of course it doesn''t!

[/quote]

Agree entirely Posh Yellow.

Does anyone on here truly believe that any monies raised by this initiative would be '' ring fenced '' exclusively for the playing budget ? As I said on another thread the figures may well appear in the appropriate place on the annual balance sheet but clever accounting practice means we''ll have no true way of knowing if any of this '' extra '' money has been spent on the playing budget or not.Time and again over the years we''ve seen money siphoned off for other expenses, worthwhile or otherwise, and I really don''t believe most of what comes out of the Boardroom any more.

I feel that reason alone I feel justifies my decision to claim my rebate.

Sorry but the club will not be getting my rebate money,I think over the season I have spent enough of my hard earned cash watching City home and away.

The club would have been given my money if the board had proved to me they had learned some lessons....but giving Gunny the job, I am not wasting anymore of my money.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Posh Yella"]

[/quote]

Agree entirely Posh Yellow.

Does anyone on here truly believe that any monies raised by this initiative would be '' ring fenced '' exclusively for the playing budget ? As I said on another thread the figures may well appear in the appropriate place on the annual balance sheet but clever accounting practice means we''ll have no true way of knowing if any of this '' extra '' money has been spent on the playing budget or not.Time and again over the years we''ve seen money siphoned off for other expenses, worthwhile or otherwise, and I really don''t believe most of what comes out of the Boardroom any more.

I feel that reason alone I feel justifies my decision to claim my rebate.

[/quote]It''s no different to supporting a charity you never know how your money is being used or how efficiantly it''t being targetted but you give money because it''s a charity close to your heart.The club will have my rebate for the reason that, while I don''t support the board or the manager it''s what we''ve got for the start of this season and they''ll have a better chance with money than without it,

but then they are not gaining anything off you, e.g. your rebate!!

if you want them to give you free tickets to them games they may as well give you back your money and then you buy the tickets seperatly!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

There''s another issue at play here.

Would you trust Gunn to use your rebate wisely?

[/quote]The ony permanent signing so far - Cody - looks like good business to me.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Would you trust Gunn to use your rebate wisely?................exactly![:|]

[/quote]

The bigger question, do I trust any of them with my rebate, my answer, hell no lol

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ncfcstar"]Looks like Foulger was reading my thread from a week or so ago [;)] lol.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1694479/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]
Missed most of the rest of this thread, but just wanted to say congrats to you mate, you were spot on with your idea... you never know, they may have nicked it... [;)]
[/quote]

Well done. You bet your bottom dollar they nicked your idea.

Place on the Board for ncfcstar, anyone ?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Would you trust Gunn to use your rebate wisely?

[/quote]The ony permanent signing so far - Cody - looks like good business to me.[/quote]A very good point. The loans that Gunny made:  Shax, Lee, Gow, Mooney and Adrian Leijer all showed signs of promise (Carney and Killen the only exceptions IMO). Cody was has been very promising so far. I think (as long as everyone agrees with the above) I''m going to support Gunny with signings.I think i may be coming a Gunny supporter![:O]

Nice to see the non season ticket holders getting so involved in what we should or shouldn''t do with our season ticket rebates [:)]

I will definately be having mine back and won''t be held to blackmail by any member of this board.

They got us into this mess and they can get themselves out of it.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Nice to see the non season ticket holders getting so involved in what we should or shouldn''t do with our season ticket rebates [:)]

I will definately be having mine back and won''t be held to blackmail by any member of this board.

[/quote]

Speaking on behalf of my dad who has one (I''ve had to give mine up for work reasons).  He''s not returning his rebate.

Have to say that I wouldn''t either if I had been in that position.

Crumbs...who''d be a season ticket holder eh? I''m almost glad I''m not following this.One thing that does puzzle me, is that the club would seem to really need this money, so is why is it that the money that Foulger wants to put into the club dependent on how many of you season ticket holders put money in? I mean, if you all put in money he is going to have to stump up £1m, according to the article. So he obviously has this million pound that he can put into the club - but what happens to the rest of it if say only half of you put your own money in? The club still needs it - apparently. 

Sheff Utd:-  Championship  Adult Standard £449

Charlton:-  League One  Adult Standard  £425

Millwall- League One Adult Standard £375 - £425

Luton Town:- Conference  Adult 22-64 Standard  Â£350

How much did you all pay for yours? and how much will it be after your rebate?

I think this shows exactly why we need to give the club the rebate.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Sheff Utd:-  Championship  Adult Standard £449

Charlton:-  League One  Adult Standard  £425

Millwall- League One Adult Standard £375 - £425

Luton Town:- Conference  Adult 22-64 Standard  Â£350

How much did you all pay for yours? and how much will it be after your rebate?

I think this shows exactly why we need to give the club the rebate.

[/quote]are you still on about this rebate...lol

imo it was yet another bad finacial decision by the board to offer any rebate in the 1st place

It''s your CASH!

"CASH IS ALL MINE!" ££££££££££££ "YOU GOT US INTO THIS MESS - YOU CAN GET US OUT OF IT!"

Yes but you could look at it another way:-

You have picked four teams who''s prices are higher than ours, but have a look at Burnley (free), Bristol City (about £250), Bradford (much cheaper than most) and Grimsby (who only announced a reduction the other day, and who''s deadline is not in the middle of the season).

It goes both ways and I am keeping mine as it reflects the division we are in!

[quote user="Ren"]

Yes but you could look at it another way:-

You have picked four teams who''s prices are higher than ours, but have a look at Burnley (free), Bristol City (about £250), Bradford (much cheaper than most) and Grimsby (who only announced a reduction the other day, and who''s deadline is not in the middle of the season).

It goes both ways and I am keeping mine as it reflects the division we are in!

[/quote]

well said!!

Burnley in the prem giving frree season tickets to last seasons ticket holders!! When we went up to the prem what did we get?? NOTHING!!!

Burnely respect their fans!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]The change of object in this sentense is quite revealing. Only a little slip I know but perhaps it sums up some of the thinking on this message board. Us = NCFC fans - we are in this mess. Someone has to get us out of it. Your statement suggests that you don''t consider it to be our problem. It most certainly is our problem. We might not have caused it but we are the ones that will continue to do so until it is sorted.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]The change of object in this sentense is quite revealing. Only a little slip I know but perhaps it sums up some of the thinking on this message board. Us = NCFC fans - we are in this mess. Someone has to get us out of it. Your statement suggests that you don''t consider it to be our problem. It most certainly is our problem. We might not have caused it but we are the ones that will suffer and continue to do so until it is sorted.

I''ll be keeping mine, but think we should leave all season ticket holders to make their own minds up.