Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Official SMS Foulger to match rebate money for playing budget..

I would like to see any money not claimed on rbate giuven back to the supporters in a share issue.

That way the club gains in getting the money back, the supporter gains a share of the club and most importantly to me, DS and MWJ lose out as their shares owned would be diluted a little, effectivley reducing the value of their shares!

The only losers would be those who deserve to lose out!

Post on Wrath may help you make a decision or maybe not

I understand in my head how it works. It''s like this:

NCFC has an income of £100 the source of which is its normal operations.

NCFC spends that £100 thus:
£75 steak pies and car parks
£25 playing budget

REBATE OCCURS

NCFC receives rebate of £10 which MUST be spent on playing budget. Which is done. And then NCFC diverts £10 of its normal operating income away from playing budget. So it now spends

£25 playing budget (includes the £10 rebate and £15 from normal operations)
£85 steak pies, fruit pies and car parks (all £85 from normal operations)

So NCFC has received a rebate of £10, has genuinely put it to the playing budget, but what has really happened is a large investment in fruit pies.

Which might also explain to LOJ how come Gunny already appears to know his playing budget yet no-one knows what the rebate outcome will be.

Hero? Delia has actually put in money of her own and is now known as the biggest villain in town?! Why would it be any different for Foulger? Let''s face it, a million quid is a massive amount of money to just give away, especially at this moment in time. People bitch about the rebate, they bitch if there is no rebate, now the club are going to double it if people don''t claim it, people are bitching about it! What exactly do people suggest they do?

jas, you really are stupid sometimes - if the club have stated that Foulger''s cash will go directly into the playing budget then that is where it will go. This is not some African Charity where 90% of the money raised goes into admin, backhanders and protection money.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

Let''s say he can afford to put in £1m anyway. Of course he''s still going to ask us to waive our rebate because it doubles the money available at no extra cost to him or the club.

It is emotional blackmail but I am undecided on my final decision at this stage. I''ve said all along I will be claiming it but at the same time could this extra money in the kitty make the difference to our season?

[/quote]

do you really, honestly, hand on heart think the board will use the money for players?

the answer to that will decide what you do with your money.

jas :)

NCFC is doing whatever any other business would do in the circumstances.  You try to find ways to offer something as an incentive and then find ways to ensure that it does not cost you money in practise. I''d not call it blackmail, I''d call it a good marketing strategy.  Of course the flip side is that there is no actual gurarantee of seeing the money - no figures are mentioned for the playing budget, nothing is ringfenced, nothing set out about delcaration of ''before vs after''.  Therefore there is a danger of this disappearing into a black hole as it is quite possible that the budget will be moved round accordingly with other monies that would be allocated to the playing budget moved elsewhere and replaced by the refund & Foulger money.... 

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]jas, you really are stupid sometimes - if the club have stated that Foulger''s cash will go directly into the playing budget then that is where it will go. This is not some African Charity where 90% of the money raised goes into admin, backhanders and protection money.[/quote]

you call mne stupid yet readily believe the board when, once again, they hogwash us with the line that all the money will go to players.. wake up man THEY SAY IT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!! so why the bloody hell have they not done it? go on, answer.. why the hell are we a league 1 side? why didnt we sign Lita, Lee,  Taylor, and the many others who have looked half decent over the past few years.

look at grants reign as manager, sold Ashton, Sold Earnie, sold Safri.. the board told us the money would be fully invested into his transfer budget only for us to get david Bleeding strihavka for pocket money and Ian Murray for nothing.. yes really "investing" the money into players isn''t it?

so, if all this money has been invested into the playing side then where has the access road come from? or the refurb of yellows, the kitchens at the back of the barclay etc? the conservatory at olney? i suppose they were all free were they?

perhaps the reality will sink in for you when some plodder from Exeter scores against us next season.

[quote user="Blue"]NCFC is doing whatever any other business would do in the circumstances.  You try to find ways to offer something as an incentive and then find ways to ensure that it does not cost you money in practise. I''d not call it blackmail, I''d call it a good marketing strategy.  Of course the flip side is that there is no actual gurarantee of seeing the money - no figures are mentioned for the playing budget, nothing is ringfenced, nothing set out about delcaration of ''before vs after''.  Therefore there is a danger of this disappearing into a black hole as it is quite possible that the budget will be moved round accordingly with other monies that would be allocated to the playing budget moved elsewhere and replaced by the refund & Foulger money.... [/quote]

I agree. The fundamental issue, as has been pointed out by other posters, is trust, and I think the reaction to what, on the surface, looks like a very reasonable proposal shows just how little trust remains in the current regime, which is immensely sad and bodes ill for the future of the club. Having said that, the board have brought it on themselves by their behaviour over the last couple of years.

Precisely my point Blue - good post.

So the only question that remains and is up to the individual is do you trust this board of directors.

The same board that initially claimed that Strihavka had signed for big money on a 4 year deal.  It later emerged it was a glorified loan deal with an option to make permanent.  At no stage were the fans initially told this.

The same board that claimed all money from Earnshaw & Etuhu sale would go to the playing budget (similar promise)

The same board that informed us that Gunn & Co had been appointed until the summer.  They neglected to mention that Crook had an 18 month contract.

The same board that appointed Gunn as manager to the disbelief of the masses.

The same board that task Harris with finding investment but not a buyer?

The same board that continue to bleet about little Norwich etc etc

If this money was available, why was it not spent last season either to purchase players or more importantly employ a decent Manager.

I admire Mr Foulger but sorry I simply don''t buy yet another load of emotional blackmail.

Another thought, would it not have been more sensible to sort out the construction of the new(???) board, announce the personnel and who the the new CEO is before begging for more of my money?

If you don''t believe the club has been run well, why put money into it?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]If everyone entitled to a rebate claims their money, it will cost the Club more than £1million.[/quote]

So, if nobody claims their rebate, then there will be an extra 2 million available for the playing budget.  Maybe Camuldonum can confirm, but in league 1 I''d guess that is 50% of most playing budgets.  Even if half claim the rebate back, that''s still a million pounds (hopefully) over and above our competition.

I don''t see this as emotional blackmail - I see this as a genuine offer from a fan of the club who wants to meet supporters half-way.  Maybe I''m just naieve eh ?

[/quote]

Totally agree Blah, how many of this lot would get out their debit cards at match it pound for pound?. Far too quick to criticise when you havent got to do anything yourselves

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Disgusted.

Blackmail the fans, great tactic.

[/quote]

I am too, didn''t think in my heart of hearts anyone at the club would stoop so low.  Even more determined now to have the rebate back.

But PAAM that is not the point. I and others have mentioned on other threads, if I had a million quid I wouldn''t dream of giving it to this board.

They are very clever down at Delia FC becuase they are setting us the fans up as the fall guys this time round, for example, We Take the money, they don''t give Gunn enough to spend,we struggle, they blame the fans who had the chance to back Gunn with money but took the rebate, Brilliant!!!! This is without doubt the lowest this club has fallen,it is an out and out bloody guilt trip and they should be ashamed!! The board should back Gunn if we take the rebate or not,it''s their fault we''re in this mess and they should pull their fingers out and stop passing the buck!!! Jesus Christ people don''t fall for this bile,the board have the money to back the manager and we should be able to keep the rebate the club offered without being made to feel guilty.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]jas, you really are stupid sometimes - if the club have stated that Foulger''s cash will go directly into the playing budget then that is where it will go. This is not some African Charity where 90% of the money raised goes into admin, backhanders and protection money.[/quote]

you call mne stupid yet readily believe the board when, once again, they hogwash us with the line that all the money will go to players.. wake up man THEY SAY IT EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!! so why the bloody hell have they not done it? go on, answer.. why the hell are we a league 1 side? why didnt we sign Lita, Lee,  Taylor, and the many others who have looked half decent over the past few years.

look at grants reign as manager, sold Ashton, Sold Earnie, sold Safri.. the board told us the money would be fully invested into his transfer budget only for us to get david Bleeding strihavka for pocket money and Ian Murray for nothing.. yes really "investing" the money into players isn''t it?

so, if all this money has been invested into the playing side then where has the access road come from? or the refurb of yellows, the kitchens at the back of the barclay etc? the conservatory at olney? i suppose they were all free were they?

perhaps the reality will sink in for you when some plodder from Exeter scores against us next season.

[/quote]

The money raised will go into the playing budget, simple as that, it is a written promise. It is not a lie.

This is a trust issue and its also emotional blackmail.  Issue a refund guarantee, then pull a stunt like this when it looks like you have p***ed the fans off so much that it looks like they might actually claim it.I don''t believe a word they say anymore, and I don not believe for a minute that all our rebate money would be douled and spent on player transfer fees.And if people are that naive after the evidence of the past few years then god help you.

Players budget = current squad salary too

If it had stated exclusively new players budget then i''d be happy, it''s not and neither is the rebate

And Mr Foulger may already have committed to making donation previously, say at the board meeting, only now being spun as linked to rebate

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

The money raised will go into the playing budget, simple as that, it is a written promise. It is not a lie.

[/quote]

Is that like when Delia promised investment was on it''s way last summer,and like when we were promised new heroes last summer? Jesus mate how much BS will you take before you wake up and see the Cook for what she is!!!

Well I wont be claiming any money back for the two season tickets I purchased before the first deadline. Believe Mr Foulger or not that''s up to each individual supporter but I for one want to see the club and the manager the best chance of getting out of league1 at the first attempt and I believe this is a genuine offer. There is no guarantee but thats life.

I also believe that far to many supporters have a glass half empty mentality and simply look for negatives to continually knock the club, the board, the manager and everything associated with NCFC. It their choice and their right to do so as it is mine to support the club in anyway that I can.

I hope that many more will take a positive view of Mr Foulgers offer.  

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

They are very clever down at Delia FC becuase they are setting us the fans up as the fall guys this time round, for example, We Take the money, they don''t give Gunn enough to spend,we struggle, they blame the fans who had the chance to back Gunn with money but took the rebate, Brilliant!!!! This is without doubt the lowest this club has fallen,it is an out and out bloody guilt trip and they should be ashamed!! The board should back Gunn if we take the rebate or not,it''s their fault we''re in this mess and they should pull their fingers out and stop passing the buck!!! Jesus Christ people don''t fall for this bile,the board have the money to back the manager and we should be able to keep the rebate the club offered without being made to feel guilty.

[/quote]

Will you keep the rebate? If so, do you feel guilty? Despite what you and others on here say about the Board are you implying that by taking a few quid back off of the Club (which you are legally entitled to) you will think it''s your fault if we fail to gain promotion (or even worse) next season?

Question.If we give the Club £1m between usChicken Tonight reckons he''s goin to match it,  how do we know he won''t exchange his for shares to protect it?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that like when Delia promised investment was on it''s way last summer,and like when we were promised new heroes last summer? Jesus mate how much BS will you take before you wake up and see the Cook for what she is!!!

[/quote]

She never promised new investment last summer;

Delia Smith has fuelled speculation that Norwich City are set to welcome new investment in the club.

Speaking at the club''s new kit launch, the joint-majority shareholder urged fans concerned at the club''s lack of summer spending to "wait and see".

Delia told BBC Radio Norfolk: "Whatever''s happening on the investment side, we wouldn''t be saying."

She also joked: "There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money."

Roeder promised "new heroes", not the Board.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Will you keep the rebate? If so, do you feel guilty? Despite what you and others on here say about the Board are you implying that by taking a few quid back off of the Club (which you are legally entitled to) you will think it''s your fault if we fail to gain promotion (or even worse) next season?

[/quote]

Already said on here my rebate money will be going into my newborn sons bank account,rather he had it than Delia and the board, i wil not feel guilty in any way as the club has had thousands off me over the last few years, as for your last point read my post again it''s very clear.

Irrespective of the question of to claim or not to claim, there is an opportunity here for more than 18,000 fans. You are about to get a letter from the club which necessitates a reply. Instead of just sounding off on the internet, use the reply to tell the club what you think about its failings and what it should be doing differently.That is assuming you''re not all madly happy with the status quo.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

She never promised new investment last summer;

Delia Smith has fuelled speculation that Norwich City are set to welcome new investment in the club.

Speaking at the club''s new kit launch, the joint-majority shareholder urged fans concerned at the club''s lack of summer spending to "wait and see".

Delia told BBC Radio Norfolk: "Whatever''s happening on the investment side, we wouldn''t be saying."

She also joked: "There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money."

Roeder promised "new heroes", not the Board.

[/quote]

She led the fans to believe money was on it''s way with her wording of about three interviews that summer,and Roeder was never backed by the board after he had ripped the guts out of the playing squad the money never came!! He tols Delia that they needed to build again but the trouble being this board tried to do it on the cheap and look what happened!

The clue is in the article on the official site. [quote user="CT "]A question for people more knowledgeble about this sort of thing than me:if nobody claimed their rebate what sort of figure would we be looking at?[/quote]