Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Official SMS Foulger to match rebate money for playing budget..

Hmm think I will save him a few quid.  About time we stood together and said enough is enough..we want the board gone and we are fed up of your lies and promises.

[quote user="Soldier on"]Hmm think I will save him a few quid.  About time we stood together and said enough is enough..we want the board gone and we are fed up of your lies and promises.[/quote]

Do as you please, flawed logic of course but at the end of the day it''s your cash to do with what you like.

If every penny of the money was spent on transfer fees then it could make a difference but it will probably end up paying wages for freebies that aren''t good enough. This kind of gesture is simply papering over the cracks as far as I can see.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I believe its called emotional blackmail.........now watch the suckers fall for it, hook, line and sinker![:|]

[/quote]Sucker number one![:D]

This has genuniely shocked me.Its emotional blackmail plain and simple.So after the board had failed us through poor managerial decisions, and squandered cash in a way most Championship clubs could only dream of, we are now to suffer them trying to send us on a guilt trip for the rebate THEY put in place!

Think I will still keep mine, its a good gesture from MF but like someone has already said, if he can afford to potentially put £1m into the club then why not just do it?

Go out and buy us a new star striker (i.e. Leroy Lita, not Alan Lee!). That would soon get a few fans on his side.

[quote]If everyone entitled to a rebate claims their money, it will cost the Club more than £1million.[/quote]

So, if nobody claims their rebate, then there will be an extra 2 million available for the playing budget.  Maybe Camuldonum can confirm, but in league 1 I''d guess that is 50% of most playing budgets.  Even if half claim the rebate back, that''s still a million pounds (hopefully) over and above our competition.

I don''t see this as emotional blackmail - I see this as a genuine offer from a fan of the club who wants to meet supporters half-way.  Maybe I''m just naieve eh ?

i do agree with you  on that one .

it should not make any difference , if the fans want to claim a rebate for watching and paying for a game at championship level , and we are not playing championship level , its the fans choice .

and delia should stick her hand in her pocket too , people pay good money money to watch a team with no ambition .

the board owe us that at least without using blackmail tactics its disgusting.

Before this, wasn''t most people saying they''d only allow the club to keep the rebate IF it all went into the playing budget, but everyone thought that wouldn''t happen?This isn''t emotional blackmail, this is an offer from a Director, who''s giving us an assurance that the money will be put into the transfer kitty. Everyones entitled to keep their rebate and i respect their decision, but at the same time its simply an offer from a Director who''s trying to give us the best possible chance next season!

Let''s say he can afford to put in £1m anyway. Of course he''s still going to ask us to waive our rebate because it doubles the money available at no extra cost to him or the club.

It is emotional blackmail but I am undecided on my final decision at this stage. I''ve said all along I will be claiming it but at the same time could this extra money in the kitty make the difference to our season?

Blackmail, my backside. It''s incentivisation.

Ever since the issue of the rebate has emerged, supporters have moaned that any money would disappear in to a big black hole.

Well here is a cast iron guarantee that it won''t and that it will be effectively doubled; all for the playing budget.

What exactly would you have him do? Say pretty please and cross his fingers? This is a cute and potentially effective move by the Board. It is a direct response to supporter concern and can only benefit the team.

So you take the money back... what exactly do you hope will happen? The Club spiral further in to debt? We become entrenched in League One? Never has the phrase ''cutting your nose off to spite your face'' been more appropriate.

Just for once, stop seeing everything in black and white and recognise that the club have done the right thing here.

so why not put the money in anyway .

as you would exspect any other board member of any other club to do .

surely he would be more of a hero , rather than emotional blackmail tactics .

This will just be subtracted from the provisional transfer budget anyway.  Remember the board would have you believe that tyey were the ones to thank for Huckerby.  It simply isnt true..the fns share issue and Carl Moore deserve the thanks for that.

The main question you need to answer before deciding what to do with the money is Do you trust the Board?

For me it is a NO.

As I understand it if I invest £50 in the club the club will have £100 to spend on players. I haven''t recently studied the club''s profit & loss account but if 50% of income normally goes on the players budget that means only £25 of my £50 investment would normally end up on the pitch so this sounds a pretty good deal to me. And whatever I might think about the management performance of the Board if any individual is willing to invest £1m of his own money into the club then he earns my respect for that deed.

Playing the Devils''s Advocate for a change - The text of the message does not make clear if all the money (rebate + Foulger promise) will go into the player budget or just the money from Foulger. It says money "raised", if you not have claimed the rebate then surely the Club already has your money, so to speak?

How do we know that Foulgers money wasnt earmarked for the transfer fund anyway?? Could be that aside from this rebate money and the money Foulger is puting in there is no other budget so we could end up with a budget well below par anyway.

Strikes me that the club are in desperate financial strife and with a little bit of luck Delia may actually have to start being proactive in seeking a buyer and not just an investor

I thought it was actually quite canny way of dealing with the issue, especially as it came from Foulger rather than the other directors. The fans don''t pay enough to cover the player budget let alone the operating costs. Why should fans expect others to subsidise their weekend entertainment?

We cannot assume that MF would put a £1m into the playing budget next season - we might hope he would but that''s different.

There has been numerous posters saying they don''t want their rebate squandered on "off field activities" all he is saying is they guarantee to put any rebate into the playing budget and he will match that amount. A positive move at least.

The cold facts are that the Board  are still having to pay out each year to fund the deficit we find ourselves with - however we found ourselves in this mess it''s happened and has to be dealt with.

At least we are potentially going to have up to £2m to spend on players budget this way. To say if he can afford a million he should pay out anyway doesn''t mean the same as he is pledging up to a million himself to the PLAYING BUDGET  - he could easily shout that he has put a million in to the club again next year but it gets lost in to the "black hole " at the club covering the annual deficit.

I will be considering the offer - I fully support those that don''t subscribe to it - but FFS it is a positive start - take it as such!!

The other question to ask is will Foulger''s money be a loan, a donation or in exchange for shares??

Had Gunn not been appointed would make me think but that was the final straw.  The board were pig ignorant and refused to listen to supporters.  Its now time to make their lives uncomfortable

Why would anyone want to buy out the club juat so that they pay out substantial amounts of money to subsidise fans who give them a load of abuse in return?

[quote user="Soldier on"]Hmm think I will save him a few quid.  About time we stood together and said enough is enough..we want the board gone and we are fed up of your lies and promises.[/quote]

WARNING !! - DO NOT FALL FOR THIS

THIS IS A SCAM !!!!!!!

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND TAKE THE MONEY.

WARNING !! - DO NOT FALL FOR THIS

THIS IS A SCAM !!!!!!!

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND TAKE THE MONEY.

i believe he might match the the amount of money not taken up by supporters, i DO NOT believe it will go to the transfer kitty for Gunn to sign players.

the share issue which we were led to believe signed Darren Huckerby turned out to not be true, Carl Moore signed him.

we have been told previously by the board that every penny raised goes to the managers transfer kitty. 7.5 million pounds for Dean Ashton, 3.5 million pounds for Earnie, 1 million for Francis and shacks, was it 500,000 for McKenzie?

14.5 million.... none of this has been readily available to Grant, Worthington, Roeder or Gunn at any time in the past. It has simply gone into that mismanaged black hole if debt that has escalated as the bricks and mortar have popped up around Carrow road to the detriment of the playing side.

so no, Mr Foulger, I will not be giving my rebate to the club, because you will not put into the kitty, it will be invested into resturants, hotels, Travel agents, Access roads and the football in the community astro turf.

MY MONEY will not be invested where i want it, into a succesful first team for Norwich city football club.

I have nothing against mr Foulger but as a collective i do not believe a word the Norwich city board says anymore, they have lied to us for far to long and this is just 1 more promise that will be broken.. any one who believes it will be like the sheep following the shepherd off the edge of the cliff...

i want my money foulger.... as do thousands of others.... tell your employers that they have failed us miserably and should not accept anything in return from us anymore. if they didnt want to make the rebate available to fans then they should of kept their mouths shut 12 months ago shouldnt they!

end of discussion and i look forward to receiving my cheque.

jas :)