Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

Tribute to our supporters

I have always thought that our supporters are the most underated in the land. I suppose it goes with the territory of having a team that rarely gets full recognition from local and national media.
The last 6 or so games are a great example. Whether it''s Radio 5, Sunday papers, Sky, BBC and Anglia TV all give us begrudging mentions. One could argue before the loan players arrived there was some justification but not since.
Anyhow, I am drifting away from my point. The support this season has been absolutely magnificent both in numbers and noise. Culminating in a one minute period during the second half. Poor old Harper had one of those games where just nothing went right. Typical of the man, he didn''t hide but kept trying. This result was a slightly improved second half performance (still not that good though). When he was substituted he was given a standing ovation and boy did he appreciate it!
Burley (pause for a spit) paid tribute to our support and so did Craig Brown last week.
Well done all. Well done Y''Army. The binners can''t even begin to kiss our feet!!

In response to the Tribute to our Supporters I would just like to say that I do not know why Anglia TV does not up sticks to Ipswich and deck the building out in Blue and White as I dont think there can be another such one biased news channel with only two local sides who can ever produce anything. Every time it is Ipswich, Ipswich and Ipswich and it is something that I have noticed for many years. If we were in the Premiership and they were in the Doc Martins league the start of the sports section would be "but first we will start at Portman Road".

I know they have had the last laugh over us in the last few years and even last season with 18 points seperating us at one stage of the season they still finished above us, but come on even if we won 5-0 and they lost they would still start off at Portman Road. With Anglia TV based in Norwich you would have thought if there was any bias it would have been towards us but no it is towards the crap down the road. Oh how I would love automatic promotion with them finishing in the top six and losing in the final on penalties.

Perhaps it is *because* they are based in Norwich that they try so hard not to appear Norwich-centric. In a way though, doesn''t this help our cause?