Sign in to follow this  
cockers85

More players released

I know there has been loads of these types of posts but just thought id mention if you havnt heard....

Sam Parkin got released by Luton today, he scored 25 goals last year in league 2. Would be a good back-up or potential option if we cant get Lee, plus wages wont be massive and he must live fairly locally.

Sam Sodje...released by Reading, strong fast centre back, could do a job in league 1

Free transfers are probably gonna be the basis of our activity in the transfer window so thought id just mention these guys and see what every1 thinks

i''d go for sam sodje was on loan at leeds last season did ok in the games i saw but yet again we could stumble on the wages

[quote user="cockers85"]

I know there has been loads of these types of posts but just thought id mention if you havnt heard....

Sam Parkin got released by Luton today, he scored 25 goals last year in league 2. Would be a good back-up or potential option if we cant get Lee, plus wages wont be massive and he must live fairly locally.

Sam Sodje...released by Reading, strong fast centre back, could do a job in league 1

Free transfers are probably gonna be the basis of our activity in the transfer window so thought id just mention these guys and see what every1 thinks

[/quote]

What the hell are you on about? How could Sam Parkin have scored 25 goals last year when Chris Martin was Lutons top scorer with 14?

Sam Parkin has actually scored 10 goals in 50 games for Luton in 3 years, and 0 goals in 13 games on loan at Leyton Orient on loan last season. He was also a complete flop at Ipswich and about as fast as my Nan.

What i have seen of Sodje looks very good, a centre back with pace would be good in any league.

I have always liked the look of Sodje too. Dean Morgan was also released by Luton, not sure if he would be worth a punt.

just read the article i was getting that info from, ye it was wrong, sorry bout that... Parkin is s**t not good so we dnt want him ...fair play

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"] Dean Morgan was also released by Luton, not sure if he would be worth a punt.[/quote]Absolutely he would... one of the best left sided midfield players I''ve seen for some time.... Def upper champ/ prem player but not sure about personality.... clearly there is an issue somewhere.Parkin is a donkey

I''d take sodje, but Parkin''s crap, I reckon we should have a look at Talbot, think he could maybe do a job.

Sodje is shiite. He would play around 3 games then be banned for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Sodje is shiite. He would play around 3 games then be banned for the rest of the season.[/quote]Sodje was one of the best defenders in League One last season whilst on loan at Leeds behind Hobbs, Tunchev, Whitbread. He''s too good for that league, hence why he hasn''t signed for Leeds. Expect him to sign for Bristol City in the next couple of days.