Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

One for the NCISA to ponder.

Following todays offer of matching funds with rebates not taken(do you trust them?)then I put this thought to the NCISA members/comittee, if Mr and Mrs Turner were allowed 2 seats on the board for 1 million pounds each then logically if the fans match Mr Foulgers offer and say raise 1 million pounds by doing so then surely that buys a seat on the board for a fans representative?

I think I saw somwhere that the NCISA comittee was meeting today, could this be discussed?

Thanks.

And who would be that fans representative if my a miracle it happened?If its captain italics I would rather we just kept the money.

It would be interesting to see the number of people who are willing to do this, I for one would hand over 70 squid. But it would take a few good years and arguments to sort it out.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Following todays offer of matching funds with rebates not taken(do you trust them?)then I put this thought to the NCISA members/comittee, if Mr and Mrs Turner were allowed 2 seats on the board for 1 million pounds each then logically if the fans match Mr Foulgers offer and say raise 1 million pounds by doing so then surely that buys a seat on the board for a fans representative?

I think I saw somwhere that the NCISA comittee was meeting today, could this be discussed?

Thanks.

[/quote]

Sounds good but with the % shares as they stand pointless.

Whoever was opted to the board would then be put in a no win situation. Board meetings must, by virtue of what is discussed and decided, mostly be confidential. Thus some poor soul would be got at from both sides!

Precisely Butler.  With the percentage of shares that Delia & Co have a fans representative on the board will be meaningless.  It is because of this I feel quite certain that will be Delia''s next move to build bridges.

As Smudger said in another thread now is the time for NCISA to be very determined and very decisive in their actions.  I hope that they dont disappoint as I applaud their work this summer

I got the impression that the Turners'' appointment was not just because of the shares they purchased, but because they were able to spend 2 million every season on the club.  At least until they pulled out, anyway.Could supporters raise a million every season ?  It''s a big ask.

The social climbers in our midst bother me. There will be fans who are currently positioning themselves to be ready to become a Director of Norwich City Football Club. One thing that must happen if a seat on the board is offered for a fan, is that the fan must be elected by other fans and not chosen by the club.

[quote user="soothsayer"]The social climbers in our midst bother me. There will be fans who are currently positioning themselves to be ready to become a Director of Norwich City Football Club. One thing that must happen if a seat on the board is offered for a fan, is that the fan must be elected by other fans and not chosen by the club.[/quote]Absolutely - I''d go so far as to say that season ticket holders only should apply.  They are the backbone of the club after all.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="soothsayer"]The social climbers in our midst bother me. There will be fans who are currently positioning themselves to be ready to become a Director of Norwich City Football Club. One thing that must happen if a seat on the board is offered for a fan, is that the fan must be elected by other fans and not chosen by the club.[/quote]

Absolutely - I''d go so far as to say that season ticket holders only should apply.  They are the backbone of the club after all.
[/quote]

Would you then like to add, what part of the ground,value of ticket,previous experience of board/company meetings,dress code,smoker/non smoker,how long you have had a ticket. Oh the list could be endless and cause all sorts of divisions.

How is the election to take place. Can canvassing be allowed. Have you got a daughter on facebook. One fan one vote (some families have several tickets) unfair influence.

Is that enough to go on with.

It''s like shifting DS/MWJ a superb thought and well worth wishing for  and attempting  then the practicalities start to kick in and a hopeless helpless feeling pervades[:(]

[quote]Would you then like to add, what part of the ground,value of

ticket,previous experience of board/company meetings,dress

code,smoker/non smoker,how long you have had a ticket. Oh the list

could be endless and cause all sorts of divisions.[/quote]No extra additions, just a simple vote among members.  That''s how democracy works (if you leave expenses out of it).  Actually, there is a superb candidate out there already - former player, season ticket holder, loved by all fans as far as I''m aware, and passionate about the club too.  Shame he''s playing in America.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Thanks.

[/quote]

BUT you would need Delia''s & MWJ. approval for a new board appointee as they have the majority shareholding and could vote against any nomination they dont like.

This was the idea of the Norwich City Football Trust. They suggested that the rebates go to them to strengthen their claim for a fan''s seat on the Board.

But who would it be? What would they take to the Board? Speak for the fans? How do you do that? Thre are millions of differing opinions on this message board.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Darren Huckerby - I tried to allude to him in the previous post, but I guess I was too subtle... [:)][/quote]I don''t think hucks would take you up on this offer as it may jeopardize his chances of future employment with the club. Good idea though

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Darren Huckerby - I tried to allude to him in the previous post, but I guess I was too subtle... [:)][/quote]I don''t think hucks would take you up on this offer as it may jeopardize his chances of future employment with the club. Good idea though

[quote user="soothsayer"] One thing that must happen if a seat on the board is offered for a fan, is that the fan must be elected by other fans and not chosen by the club.[/quote]

If there were to be an election, I think that we should consider the voting system to maximise the chances of it being representative of as many fans as possible. I would suggest the single transferable vote - STV as is is known to its friends - not to be confused with... (before someone says the obvious!)

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="soothsayer"] One thing that must happen if a seat on the board is offered for a fan, is that the fan must be elected by other fans and not chosen by the club.[/quote]

If there were to be an election, I think that we should consider the voting system to maximise the chances of it being representative of as many fans as possible. I would suggest the single transferable vote - STV as is is known to its friends - not to be confused with... (before someone says the obvious!)[/quote]It probably doesn''t matter who you elect or how you elect them they''ll soon be considered a villain and ran out of town

As Delia is a majority shareholder she would have the final word on who sat on the board.

She would be able to hand pick the person who represented US the supporters, so unfortunately it would be someone who danced  to her tune...................

Is it not one vote per board member when it comes to voting on major issues?

[quote user="Vinny "]

As Delia is a majority shareholder she would have the final word on who sat on the board.

She would be able to hand pick the person who represented US the supporters, so unfortunately it would be someone who danced  to her tune...................

[/quote]

So thats LQ then??

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Thanks.

[/quote]

BUT you would need Delia''s & MWJ. approval for a new board appointee as they have the majority shareholding and could vote against any nomination they dont like.

[/quote]

Oh dear, just as Smudge was getting his hopes up for tea and afternoon scones in Stowmarket... [U]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Darren Huckerby - I tried to allude to him in the previous post, but I guess I was too subtle... [:)][/quote]We need some momentum here to keep this rolling! I mentioned Hux in relation to the ''fan on the Board'' last week but until now no-one has run with it.I think there may be an ex-Presidential candidate in the states who has some "Vote Huckerby" badges we can pick up at a knock down price...Imagine it everyone - Hux in the Boardroom. FANtastic![:D]

[quote user="LQ"]

Imagine it everyone - Hux in the Boardroom. FANtastic!

[:D]

[/quote]

Yes we can all agree on that [:)]

It''s a shame that Gunn was appointed manager, he would have been a good choice for the boardroom. As well as fans, we need someone with real business prowness and someone who has a ruthless streak but can work with the others.

Why are you limiting it?Why say someone with business prowess or someone with a great attitude to football?Why not say "both"?As long as both are committed to working with whoever happens to hold the most shares (because that can change at any point) in a positive and constructive manner that''s a step or two forward imo. New ideas, new attitudes and a new beginning - that''s what this Club needs now. We all need a reason to see this as a turning point not as part of a decline anymore.

[quote user="LQ"]Why are you limiting it?

Why say someone with business prowess or someone with a great attitude to football?

Why not say "both"?

As long as both are committed to working with whoever happens to hold the most shares (because that can change at any point) in a positive and constructive manner that''s a step or two forward imo. New ideas, new attitudes and a new beginning - that''s what this Club needs now. We all need a reason to see this as a turning point not as part of a decline anymore.

[/quote]

It''s only a fanciful idea, no need to start your campaigning yet.

It''s only fanciful if you want to believe it to be.The campaign for Hux to be a fan on the Board starts here!![:D]

[quote user="LQ"]It''s only fanciful if you want to believe it to be.

The campaign for Hux to be a fan on the Board starts here!!

[:D]

[/quote]

He will be as much used as Gunn. From the last count we want him:-

Back playing

Training the First team

Running the academy

Fans rep on the board.

Oh and healing the sick at the N& N!

I wonder what he will do after breakfast?