Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Should we give youngsters a chance before we use the kitty?

With all the talk about spending what little money we have in the kitty on a proven goalscorer, should we not give our own youngsters a chance first.  I believe that in Henderson, Jarvis and Crow we have 3 promising strikers, but at present they cannot even get on the bench for a 15 minute run out.  Worthy has tried several combinations up front so far in the first 9 fixtures, and Huckerby aside, none of the other strikers look likely to get into double figures.

I know there is a big difference between playing in the Premiership, and playing for your country at u-19 and u-20 level.  It is possible that none of the 3 youngsters will make an impression, but until you give them a chance you won''t know.  Other Premiership managers don''t seem afraid to give there youngsters a chance, and quite often it pays off.  Unfortunately Worthy seems reluctant to at least give ours an opportunity.

i think they should get a chance. Its just Worthy may not want too risk it in matches unless we are 2 or 3 nil up with 10 minutes to go. They could get a run out against Newcastle in the Carling cup

As I have said elsewhere we have several games before the Jan window opens which means plenty of time to give our strikers a real run of games and prove whether we need someone new or not.

Of the youngsters Jarvis and Henderson both deserve some time supporting hux although my preference if for Ryan, some way ahead of Ian.

OTBC